View Poll Results: Most bannable card in Legacy? (not that they will touch it)

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brainstorm

16 8.33%
  • Force of Will

4 2.08%
  • Lion's Eye Diamond

35 18.23%
  • Counterbalance

34 17.71%
  • Sensei's Divining Top

103 53.65%
  • Tarmogoyf

46 23.96%
  • Phyrexian Dreadnaught

2 1.04%
  • Goblin Lackey

4 2.08%
  • Standstill

6 3.13%
  • Natural Order

8 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 960 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 46086091095095695795895996096196296396497010101060 ... LastLast
Results 19,181 to 19,200 of 23542

Thread: All B/R update speculation.

Re: All B/R update speculation.

My preferred bad list additions:

Delver of Secrets
    Deathrite Shaman
    True Name Nemesis
    Leovold of Trest
    Every single card with the "Storm" mechanic on it

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    I feel that this is a similar slippery slope like we had then people argued that Miracles isn't a problem by pointing to 12-Post and Eldrazi, which both struggle with their own variance too often.

In the case of the Grixis/4c menace, it's pretty much the same, in case you want to point me to the various stompy decks which emerged in the last months.
    As far as I know, nobody is claiming Czech is anywhere near as hard to beat as SDT Miracles in its prime.

In the last 6 months, we've seen Elves in DTB twice, A Stage/Depths deck three times, and a Stompy deck every time. Also, from what I hear Miracles is favoured since the (re)addition of Couterbalance. SDT Miracles didn't have bad matches like this consistently performing so well against the field. Nothing like it.
    There is no slippery slope. You could argue that Miracles had insufficient predators. No such case can be made for Czech (edit - unless you are only considering "fair" decks).
    Supremacy 2020 is the modern era game of nuclear brinksmanship! My blog:
    https://fieldmarshalshandbook.wordpress.com

You can play Lands.dec in EDH too! My primer:
    http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/t...lara-lands-dec

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    Every single card with the "Storm" mechanic on it
    Good God yes, I am sick of being killed by Sprouting Vines.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Nov 2017
    SKILL INTENSIVE branches

You laugh now, but one day Valakut Storm will be as feared as Nourishing Lich.

Can we keep Wing Shards?

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

So 4c/Grixis has an already worrying ~21% meta share (according to mtgtop8) and now a 62,5% share in the GP Top8?!

And I thought that Miracles was disgustingly overperforming at it's prime...
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Mar 2013

Can we start bitching about the deck only after its been top dog for a few years? Seems to be the precedent.
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Can we start bitching about the deck only after its been top dog for a few years? Seems to be the precedent.
    Given DRS was already a force during Miracles reign, I guess it takes only 2 more years and/or a sign on WotCs parking lot. I mark July 2020 im my calendar then.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Oct 2011
    California

So 4c/Grixis has an already worrying ~21% meta share (according to mtgtop8) and now a 62,5% share in the GP Top8?!

And I thought that Miracles was disgustingly overperforming at it's prime...
    I ran the numbers from tcdecks data back when people called for Miracles to get nerfed, and on average Miracles put around 1 pilot in top 8 per event listed in tcdecks.

The multicolor Deathrite value shell (for lack of a better term) has absolutely obliterated Miracles' performance. But don't worry, it's perfectly all right and there's nothing wrong with the format.

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

It’s always a treat when Lemnear and ubernostrum say what I was going to say before I do.
    The purpose of any moat is to impede attack. Some are filled with water, some with thistles. Some are filled with things best left unseen.

That spares out the fact that these decks often run 20 lands and less with 4 of them being wasteland and still don't run into color/mana issues, removing every restriction/tradeoff for cardchoices other decks have to make. You simply run the cream of the crop of every color from 1-4 cc. That makes it hard to beat these decks by default as kiwi mentioned
    Most 4c Leovold run 0 Wastelands, some 2 but that is the minority and they will run into mana issues quite often. Even with 0 Wastes you often run into mana issues but in Lemnear Black/White world that never happens of course...

But no lie is to far fetched for Lemnear to make his point.

Mar 2013

Attack the argument, not the person.

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

Quote Originally Posted by MorphBerlin View Post
    Most 4c Leovold run 0 Wastelands, some 2 but that is the minority and they will run into mana issues quite often. Even with 0 Wastes you often run into mana issues but in Lemnear Black/White world that never happens of course...

Grixis Delver runs Wasteland. Czech Pile can run Blood Moon.

A counterargument I’ve seen to Grixis Delver decks specifically is that they fold to Blood Moon. Sure, but many decks fold to Blood Moon. And that’s assuming you can catch Grixis Delver with its pants down aka no floating mana no active DRS (for that Decay) no countermagic. At which point if that’s the boardstate then Blood Moon is a nail in the coffin more so than a “I win” button, like it is against many other decks.
    The purpose of any moat is to impede attack. Some are filled with water, some with thistles. Some are filled with things best left unseen.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by MorphBerlin View Post

Pls show me where I talked specifically about "4c Leovold", could you? I am quite sure I made my points about the resiliancy/stability in regards to the wide range of Wasteland+DRS+Blue Shell decks from Grixis to 4c (which can be tempo or midrange variants itself).

It's outright cherrypicking to call me out on a specific variant or an individual decision of players to trim Wastelands. We know that 3-4 colors with DRS and Wastelands do quite well. Where am I so wrong that it deserves another personal attack?

Join us at Facebook!

Pls show me where I talked specifically about "4c Leovold", could you? I am quite sure I made my points about the resiliancy/stability in regards to the wide range of Wasteland+DRS+Blue Shell decks from Grixis to 4c (which can be tempo or midrange variants itself).

It's outright cherrypicking to call me out on a specific variant or an individual decision of players to trim Wastelands. We know that 3-4 colors with DRS and Wastelands do quite well. Where am I so wrong that it deserves another personal attack?
    You talked about 20 lands with 4 Wastelands, Pile plays 20 lands 0 Wastes typically. Grixis Delver runs 18 lands 4 Wastelands typically. So you mushed these together to cherrypick for you point. Pile has much harder mana requirments (Jace, K.Command, Leo, Hymn) thats why you see an adapted mana base. Yes these decks are more resilient to mana denial because of DRS. That doesn't mean they don't loose to Bloodmoon, double waste, waste+port+thalia all the time.

4c Plays blood moon? I haven't seen anybody do that recently (with sucess). Grixis Pyro can afford to play Bloodmoon but not pile.

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

I’m going to hate myself for this in the morning, but I have to know...don’t all of these DRS decks also play Brainstorm, and then lots of other decks also play Brainstorm too? No judgments here atm. I just want to get a feel for this line of argument that DRS has to go. How exactly is it more ubiquitous than Sir Ubiquitous himself?
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Foreign Black Border
    Jun 2012
    Houston, Texas

I see what you’re getting at, truly I do, but my response is pillar of the format.
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I still have a strong suspicion that if 'Thalia, Heretic Cathar' had been named 'Frank, Heretic Cathar', people would be a lot more skeptical of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goin Aggro View Post
    Ugh, there he goes again, talking about the girlfriend. We get it dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    I’m going to hate myself for this in the morning, but I have to know...don’t all of these DRS decks also play Brainstorm, and then lots of other decks also play Brainstorm too? No judgments here atm. I just want to get a feel for this line of argument that DRS has to go. How exactly is it more ubiquitous than Sir Ubiquitous himself?
    Interestingly, in this last GP's top-8, every BS deck also ran DRS. Obviously that's not representative of the meta, but a fun fact nonetheless.

To answer your question, (and I assume you are new to this thread?), it is not about ubiquity of individual cards. Its about strategic diversity.
    (eg) Storm, S&T, and Miracles are distinct decks, and don't contribute to a diversity problem. The biggest threat to diversity in Legacy ATM is the abundance of DRS fair "good-stuff" decks. Yes, they all run BS, but DRS might be a better card to axe if the goal is to curb that specific play-style. Other BS decks don't really enter the conversation if we are focused on strategic diversity.

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

Elves and mavericks/nic fit/G-valuedecks play DRS and usually 21-22 lands and not 4 colors nor 4 wastelands.

It's BS that allow those stupid 4 color decks to play 18 lands with 4 wastes, find their fetch to fuel their DRS, and generally draw 3 aftering countering your shit with FoWs early on.

Ban BS unban top best format. Miracle got killed for this shit.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by Crimhead View Post
    To answer your question, (and I assume you are new to this thread?), it is not about ubiquity of individual cards. Its about strategic diversity.
    Yeah Finn, who are you? Do you even Magic?

Thread Information