View Poll Results: Most bannable card in Legacy? (not that they will touch it)

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brainstorm

16 8.33%
  • Force of Will

4 2.08%
  • Lion's Eye Diamond

35 18.23%
  • Counterbalance

34 17.71%
  • Sensei's Divining Top

103 53.65%
  • Tarmogoyf

46 23.96%
  • Phyrexian Dreadnaught

2 1.04%
  • Goblin Lackey

4 2.08%
  • Standstill

6 3.13%
  • Natural Order

8 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 980 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 48088093097097697797897998098198298398499010301080 ... LastLast
Results 19,581 to 19,600 of 23542

Thread: All B/R update speculation.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Re: All B/R update speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    So which cards to we immediately switch to complaining about?
    Loam. I don't call this shit much, but I am calling that one.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

It's gonna be Loam/Depths, Griselbrand, maybe TNN? Brainstorm is always a classic too.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Griselbrand

entomb im assuming

I just wish I knew this last week before I bought some FNM probes. It's not much but c'mon!

Someone at Wizards really hates Doomsday

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

I'll say Goblin Lackey.

Boiyayoiyayoing
    Mar 2012
    SoCal, USA

I'm pissed and super happy at the same time. What's this feeling called?

Both Shaman and Probe deserved this ban and the format has a chance to regrow. But now I don't get to play with them anymore.
    Whack lists currently playing:
    Rector Nic Fit
    Bizarro Stormy
    Rest In Pieces

Griselbrand. It's already begun here. I can also see people getting real sick of Counterbalance real quick if Miracles becomes tier 1 again.
    From nothing came teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    I really don't know why you're complaining about top being banned since you seem to be very good at Soothsaying.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Snapcaster gets better. I think Griselbrand or Dark Depths. Lands decks existed for years being fine before DRS. DD Stage combo pushed it over the edge
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

No prisoner exchange though...

#freenedleeds

Oct 2005
    Toronto Canada

And yet again I have to ask, why in good gravy is frantic search still banned? Come on prisoner exchange, take some under powered cards off the list.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    I guess you're joking, considering Brainstorm still exists.
    You think that Therapy remains a staple for Storm and snapcaster shenanigans? I have my doubts and rather see Thoughtseize creeping into the spots the whole Probe/Pryomancer/Therapy had until today.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    You think that Therapy remains a staple for Storm and snapcaster shenanigans? I have my doubts and rather see Thoughtseize creeping into the spots the whole Probe/Pryomancer/Therapy had until today.
    I doubt fair blue decks will play Therapy anymore, but I still think storm plays it. They still have Duress to peek at the opponents hand and good storm players know what card they have to beat before they go off and Therapy is still good in those situations.
    From nothing came teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    I really don't know why you're complaining about top being banned since you seem to be very good at Soothsaying.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

No prisoner exchange though...
    Indeed, that is the real tragedy here...
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Bob Ross
    Jun 2012
    Baltimore

#freetop

#freenedleeds
    Strawberry Shortcake

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...erry-Shortcake

What a brainstorm do? Draw card and activate on draw effects fix hand, removing woods
    #FreeNedleeds

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeron View Post
    I doubt fair blue decks will play Therapy anymore, but I still think storm plays it. They still have Duress to peek at the opponents hand and good storm players know what card they have to beat before they go off and Therapy is still good in those situations.
    Without Probe you lose 4 out of 7 ways to take a look at your opponents hand prior to casting Therapy. Given the meta is going to be the Wild West in the next weeks, you won't get far with blindcalling Therapies, especially as people will try out all the graveyard shenanigans DRS oppressed for years like Reanimator, Dredge and more in addition to everything ranging from Miracles to SnT.

The value of Therapy is tied to your knowledge about the meta/field/decks/cards which one can't bank on in the next weeks. Thoughtseize is just removing all the guessing game and I think its absolutely worth the lifeloss right now.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

I still think Banning Delver would do more to open up the format than anything else they could do.

Nuking Leovold and TNN would also be great.

EDIT: although to be honest Leovold probably took a pretty big hit with the DRS ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Without Probe you lose 4 out of 7 ways to take a look at your opponents hand prior to casting Therapy. Given the meta is going to be the Wild West in the next weeks, you won't get far with blindcalling Therapies, especially as people will try out all the graveyard shenanigans DRS oppressed for years like Reanimator, Dredge and more in addition to everything ranging from Miracles to SnT.

The value of Therapy is tied to your knowledge about the meta/field/decks/cards which one can't bank on in the next weeks. Thoughtseize is just removing all the guessing game and I think its absolutely worth the lifeloss right now.
    Or you name fow and then go off
    "You either die a Onesto-Player, or live long enough to see yourself become a Dredger"

I think it was a mistake not to preemptively ban Griselbrand. The fact that Reanimator was able to reinvent itself in BR to go under Deathrite and still remained one of the scariest decks to play against in the format is a testament to the strategy's power. Without Deathrite, Reanimator will be able to return to the traditional UB, and face very little opposition in preboard games. I think Show and Tell gets better as well. Midrange decks will be slower and less capable of doing something else while holding mana up. With tempo and midrange decks likely splitting off into 3 colors again, more of the format will be cut off from Pyroblast.

All that being said, I think the new metagame promises to be a good one. There will be many flavors of 3 color midrange/control, including Miracles, Sultai, Grixis, and Stoneforge variants with their own strengths and weaknesses. RUG Delver will potentially be a viable deck in the format again, although Gurmag Angler might still just be the better Tarmogoyf nowadays. Reanimator and Sneak and Show will be good moving forward. Lands will have less Delver to prey on but should remain viable against the extant tempo and midrange decks, and Turbo Depths will continue doing its thing. Storm variants will be quite a bit slower and more all-in without Gitaxian Probe (especially with Cabal Therapy being more difficult to use), but ANT in particular will appreciate having cards sticking around in the graveyard for Past in Flames and Cabal Ritual. Elves seems to suffer pretty hard from the change, losing Deathrite itself and many good matchups making way for much worse ones. The Stompy decks will have to face much more streamlined mana bases and could be in a worse position moving forward. The success of D+T and Maverick is hard to predict, because their success is so predicated on the amount of Tempo decks there are relative to combo decks.

Thread Information