View Poll Results: Most bannable card in Legacy? (not that they will touch it)

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brainstorm

16 8.33%
  • Force of Will

4 2.08%
  • Lion's Eye Diamond

35 18.23%
  • Counterbalance

34 17.71%
  • Sensei's Divining Top

103 53.65%
  • Tarmogoyf

46 23.96%
  • Phyrexian Dreadnaught

2 1.04%
  • Goblin Lackey

4 2.08%
  • Standstill

6 3.13%
  • Natural Order

8 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 982 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 48288293297297897998098198298398498598699210321082 ... LastLast
Results 19,621 to 19,640 of 23542

Thread: All B/R update speculation.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Re: All B/R update speculation.

This is the first banning where I had real investment in the outcome. As a black/green/for/life player it saddens me that the best creature in those colors is banned. On the other hand, I see legacy getting a massive shakeup. This is probably going to result in at least a non-boring period of time for legacy.

Probe I am indifferent about; I don't like the herpy-derpy it brought to the game, but it isn't on the same level as TNN or Griselbarf.

As a nic fit player, I switch over to birds/noble. As a rock player I probably go over to maverick, Deadguy, or try mother of runes again. Slow depths takes a big hit, Drs was the primary reason for not going all-in.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Worlds Strongest Millionaire
    Aug 2011
    Colorado

Calling Reanimator and Dredge "off beat strategies" is pretty hilarious. Grixis Delver was my main deck sense Dig got banned. I'll post a picture of the whiskey bottle a little later.
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.
    ~ Mohandas Gandhi

..sry, whut? ◔̯◔
    Jan 2008
    Germany

btw with fetchlands banned, drs could have stayed and bs would be useless.
    Got tired of Legacy and you like drafts? Try my Paupercube What?

Quote Originally Posted by Humphrey View Post
    Wizards isn't in the business of tanking people's collection value. They want people to collect cards...it's a collectible card game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    This is the first banning where I had real investment in the outcome. As a black/green/for/life player it saddens me that the best creature in those colors is banned. On the other hand, I see legacy getting a massive shakeup. This is probably going to result in at least a non-boring period of time for legacy.

Probe I am indifferent about; I don't like the herpy-derpy it brought to the game, but it isn't on the same level as TNN or Griselbarf.

As a nic fit player, I switch over to birds/noble. As a rock player I probably go over to maverick, Deadguy, or try mother of runes again. Slow depths takes a big hit, Drs was the primary reason for not going all-in.
    What are you writing about? Are we discussing the same format? Banning DRS means that RUG Delver, the one that runs Goyf, along with Stifle and Wasteland, they'll show up in higher numbers. You want Black and Green, play Turbo depths, that deck doesn't need DRS.

There's nothing herpy-derpy about Probe. You probe your opponent, you combo off via Storm, Dredge, or whatever unfair strategy of your choice. People don't durdle because of Probe, people play pro-active aggresive combo strategies by using Probe to clear the way at practically zero cost.

Quote Originally Posted by twndomn View Post
    There's nothing herpy-derpy about Probe. You probe your opponent, you combo off via Storm, Dredge, or whatever unfair strategy of your choice. People don't durdle because of Probe, people play pro-active aggresive combo strategies by using Probe to clear the way at practically zero cost.
    You know that probe got banned mainly because it got abused in fair decks right?
    "You either die a Onesto-Player, or live long enough to see yourself become a Dredger"

Quote Originally Posted by Humphrey View Post
    Banning 10 cards at a time though is a Modern move.

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

When is the source going to get a dunce cap emoji @mods?
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

Is there anyone who has a defensible reason why he objects to this ban?

Just interested.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Worlds Strongest Millionaire
    Aug 2011
    Colorado

It's pretty interesting that this banning happened a month before the Legacy Pro Tour
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.
    ~ Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by JBlaze View Post
    It's pretty interesting that this banning happened a month before the Legacy Pro Tour
    There is a legacy pro tour???

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post

Just interested.
    Being a Doomsday player which did its best effort to try to survive the top ban, and which got both gush and probe banned in vintage?

(Nah i gave up with top being banned tbh, and sold out of vintage with full foil jap dd before gush/probe got axed)
    "You either die a Onesto-Player, or live long enough to see yourself become a Dredger"

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Just interested.
    Well personally I did not want to see DRS go. But anything I say is going to be about how you could have taken out Brainstorm and left DRS in and that's a rabbit hole I just don't feel like fighting over. I am not happy about this one.

Probe though, Meh. There are very few who will cry over Pryx mana cards biting the dust. That mechanic was stupid.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Just interested.
    I kind of agree with Dice on DRS. I hate that it was castable off , but kind of liked the battles it forced and how it made GY strategies a little more fair; it honestly lost me games as ANT but it was always fun to play around, honestly.
    I still think axing some of the dumb blue cards (TNN for example) could have been a good direction to go in (possibly citing bad design, desire for broader colors and not making blue the best aggro color or something) but oh well. Kinda would like to see a 1/1 reprint at in RTR2 but I somewhat doubt that will happen.

Probe, on the other hand, I have no qualms over the banning of. The card was just dumb in a lot of ways, and I won't miss it at all.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Just interested.
    I wanted Survival unbanned, but now without downward pressure ubiquitous DRS would have provided, I think it would be too oppressive, making it even more unlikely to ever come off. So that makes me sad. I guess I can dust off Reanimator now though, so I have that going for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

I love that probe is finally gone, I remember how I discused it in this threat and people really were against banning that stupid card (probably because they were playing ANT and felt so smart outplaying their opponent because of having a huge information advantage for free). But I feel verified after all.

My pet deck was Pile but I understand that DRS had to go, maybe I am biased but I saw Grixis Delver as the main problem for legacy... The amount of legacy I palyed went down significantly because I could not stand seeing that deck all the time....

I am looking forward to the meta changes we will see now, the best deck in the format lost 7-8 thats really unheard of in legacy where they usally ban one-by-one. RUG will be the best delver deck again but that is weaker against combo. What I don't like is that now you can concede G1 as a fair deck as soon as you see that your opp is on a GY strategy (Lands, Reanimator, Dredge) with DRS you had at least an outside chance of stealing a game. I dont even know how lands looses a match agaisnt a fair deck now unless it really beats itself.

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by MorphBerlin View Post
    I dont even know how lands looses a match agaisnt a fair deck now unless it really beats itself.
    Well then, let me introduce you to.....Deadeye Tracker! But ya, there is no legacy playable creature for right now (Shadow is turn 3)

Jun 2005
    Knoxville, TN

Just interested.
    If you find yourself banning cantrips and mana elves, you fucked up your banned list.

The solution is to fix previous ban mistakes.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by MorphBerlin View Post
    RUG will be the best delver deck again but that is weaker against combo.
    I don't think I am buying this. Goyf is worse now, because of Push. Hootie isn't as good as Angler, generally speaking. You get the Goose, but I am not sure that is enough overall. Combo is real and I don't think it really effectively be fought with what RUG has to bear, even with many decks being hit by the Probe ban. Grixis will likely still be the best Delver deck, just minus Deathrite and Probe, and plus Stifle or something else.

That doesn't mean RUG isn't better now, because it obviously is, but I don't see it "dethroning" Grixis. Happy to be wrong, but I am skeptical right now.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    I don't think I am buying this. Goyf is worse now, because of Push. Hootie isn't as good as Angler, generally speaking. You get the Goose, but I am not sure that is enough overall. Combo is real and I don't think it really effectively be fought with what RUG has to bear, even with many decks being hit by the Probe ban. Grixis will likely still be the best Delver deck, just minus Deathrite and Probe, and plus Stifle or something else.

That doesn't mean RUG isn't better now, because it obviously is, but I don't see it "dethroning" Grixis. Happy to be wrong, but I am skeptical right now.
    Which 1-drop will replace DRS then? I dont see a delver decks with less than 8 1drops beeing good.

Thread Information