Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: [SCD] Goblin Guide

The Sources Headache, your gunna need more than a tylenol.
    May 2009

Re: [SCD] Goblin Guide

someone will break goblin guide but i don't think its going to happen in this thread. If some one did there probably not posting anything on it till we all forgot about it. If you want a 1 red mana 2/2 haster that gives your opponent sinbads effect then go for it.

otherwise its just a bad goblin. like i posted a few back, tattermunge maniac is better and will die to the same stuff as goblin guide will.

RawR Bitch
    Sep 2007
    Norwich, CT

Goblin Bushwhacker
    r
    Creature - Goblin Warrior Common
    Kicker - {R} (You may pay an additional {R} as you cast this spell.)
    When Goblin Bushwhacker enters the battlefield, if it was kicked, creatures you control get +1/+0 and gain haste until end of turn.
    "I'm gonna let you finish, but Goblin Guide is one of the best Goblins of all time.
    OF ALL TIME."
    1/1

I love how Kanye West is already a meme. Apparently Goblin Guide is good
    Co-Founder of Team Awesome - I heard Randy Buehler say a while back that good players give themselves the most number of turns to find the answer.
    The Source on MTGO - Predator8785 and RockOut
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    Women come and go, turn one protection is forever.

May 2008
    Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by Shanghi Knights View Post
    that goblin doesn't look good period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanghi Knights
    someone will break goblin guide
    Does your opinion honestly shift that rapidly? It's been all of like, a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryPheldagrif
    The important thing is to always, always remember that while Brainstorm may require the tea-sipping socialite to think for 15 minutes as to the ideal configuration to optimize his carefully calculated 10 trillion branched decision tree of splendid victory, JUGGERNAUT ATTACKS WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT.

May 2009

Quote Originally Posted by The_Red_Panda View Post
    Does your opinion honestly shift that rapidly? It's been all of like, a day.
    wow someone likes to sound bite.

If you read that separated sentence i still say its a bad goblin. I just wasn't so "period" about it in my second post.

May 2008
    Iowa

someone will break goblin guide but i don't think its going to happen in this thread. If some one did there probably not posting anything on it till we all forgot about it. If you want a 1 red mana 2/2 haster that gives your opponent sinbads effect then go for it.
    There's the full line. You said it wouldn't happen in this thread. Then you said if it did happen, that person wouldn't post about it. Then you (incorrectly) compared Goblin Guide's ability to a sinbad effect. What you didn't say was that it's still a "bad goblin". Any card that you're claiming is broken, which you clearly said it will be, is not a card you're claiming is bad. Broken =/= Bad.
    The important thing is to always, always remember that while Brainstorm may require the tea-sipping socialite to think for 15 minutes as to the ideal configuration to optimize his carefully calculated 10 trillion branched decision tree of splendid victory, JUGGERNAUT ATTACKS WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT.

May 2009

otherwise its just a bad goblin. like i posted a few back, tattermunge maniac is better and will die to the same stuff as goblin guide will.
    heres the whole post and the bold part for those who want to cut to the chase.
    (wish i had a glowing neon sign to boot) (would a passing mod be so kind as to do that?)

Any how i also found our old forgotten buddy Mogg Conscripts. The original bad 1 red 2/2 goblin.

Etherium is limited. Innovation is not.
    Aug 2006
    Columbus, OH

I haven't tested it in Zoo, Volt, so you're probably right. However, it's downright disgusting in Goyf Sligh and may find a home in many burn lists. Those decks don't care about the opponent drawing 1 card when it deals 6 damage, on average, for 1 mana investment.

May 2008
    Iowa

heres the whole post and the bold part for those who want to cut to the chase.
    (wish i had a glowing neon sign to boot) (would a passing mod be so kind as to do that?)

Any how i also found our old forgotten buddy Mogg Conscripts. The original bad 1 red 2/2 goblin.
    I don't care enough to keep arguing, but your post gave me the distinct impression that you now thought the goblin was worth having. Clearly I was wrong.

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Right now, theyre at $5-6 a pop. Are they worth that much?

With fetchlands thinning out lands in legacy deck, could he actually make the cut?

I remember when Tarmogoyf was first spoiled, it was badly shot down. I know this dude will never be as good as Tarmogoyf but could he be a sleeper?
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Etherium is limited. Innovation is not.
    Aug 2006
    Columbus, OH

It's the best creature/1 drop in Goyf Sligh, so yes it's a good card, but no I don't think it's a sleeper, because there is no other deck that it is valuable in (besides possibly Burn).

For reference:

RGw Naya Sligh

// Lands
    4 [ON] Wooded Foothills
    4 [ZEN] Arid Mesa
    3 [B] Taiga
    2 [A] Plateau
    1 [U] Savannah
    4 [RAV] Mountain (2)
    1 [8E] Forest (3)

// Creatures
    2 [TO] Grim Lavamancer
    4 [ZEN] Goblin Guide
    4 [ALA] Wild Nacatl
    4 [FUT] Tarmogoyf

// Spells
    4 [A] Lightning Bolt
    4 [LG] Chain Lightning
    4 [TSP] Rift Bolt
    4 [FD] Magma Jet
    4 [DLM] Incinerate
    3 [EX] Price of Progress
    4 [VI] Fireblast

// Sideboard
    SB: 1 [EX] Price of Progress
    SB: 2 [TSP] Krosan Grip
    SB: 4 [CFX] Path to Exile
    SB: 4 [SHM] Vexing Shusher
    SB: 4 [MR] Chalice of the Void

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Goblins won't use him. Mogg Fanatic fills a more important position, and doesn't give them land.

Turn1 Lackey pitted against a Dark Confidant. Goblin Guide would do nothing in this situation except touch itself and give them moar mana. However, Fanatic would drop down and punch Confidant in the face.

Goblin Guide: Vanilla beats that give the opponent land.

Mogg Fanatic: Burn with a creature-goblin type line.

Quote Originally Posted by iamajellydonut View Post
    Mogg Fanatic: Burn with a creature-goblin type line.
    If this is all you want Fanatic for, isn't Tarfire just better?
    BZK! - Storm Boards

Been there, tried that, still casting Doomsday.
    Drawing my deck for 0 mana since 2013.

Thread Information