Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [SCD] Goblin Guide

The Sources Headache, your gunna need more than a tylenol.
    May 2009

Re: [SCD] Goblin Guide

that goblin doesn't look good period. its like your giving them a dark confidant hit that doesn't even have to damage them if i'm reading the text right. tatermunge maniac is better if you need a 2 power goblin.

is the freaking Zoo-ru!
    Jun 2008
    Good ole boondocks, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Shanghi Knights View Post
    that goblin doesn't look good period. its like your giving them a dark confidant hit that doesn't even have to damage them if i'm reading the text right. tatermunge maniac is better if you need a 2 power goblin.
    DO YOU EVER CAPITALIZE EVER!?!?!?!? Makes me want to kill something small and cute. Fuck.
    Dead or Alive, you're coming with me.
    -Robocop-

Team Lucksack- we're the god damns at limited
    May 2008
    Columbus, OH

Holy shit the grammer nazi's are here, quick hide Ann
    Team Lucksack, professional badasses

Originally Posted by rockout
    So it's a single red for the lightning bolt effect and 6 colorlress to make it draw a single card. WTF mate that is god awful.

That card dodges the shit out of counterbalance.

Quote Originally Posted by Loxodon Baileyarch View Post
    DO YOU EVER CAPITALIZE EVER!?!?!?!? Makes me want to kill something small and cute. Fuck.
    Let he who has never miscapitalized before, correct the first sentance.

Or something stupid like that.

Goblin guide on the other hand feels abysmal as it basicaly draws into removal for itself.

Also (hands you a bunny)
    I c h o r i d - my anti blue
    Manaless Ichorid- At least its cheeper than standard.
    We admit for the sake of the exercise that following is true:
    Landstill > Fromat
    Non-Basic Hate > Landstill
    Basics > Non-Basic Hate
    We can therefore logically conlude that
    Basics > Format

Quote Originally Posted by AngryTroll View Post
    RE: Swords vs Path
    Playing Zoo against Goblins, it's really, really awkward when your opponent leads with Lackey and your only removal spell is Path. It's even awkward against Warchief.
    I agree that Path is probably at its worst against Goblins, which loves extra mana, but...

Zoo keeps a hand without a 1-drop blocker? Do you expect T2 Warren Weirding or something? Most goblin lists can't even do the "Waste your Taiga, Fanatic your 1/1 Kird Ape, connect with Lackey" dance anymore, having dropped Fanatic.

Also, "sentance" :<
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    Matt, basically everything you said turned out to be true.
    TeamReflection || noitcelfeRmaeT

My MOTL sale list

Noachide'
    Aug 2009
    Dongying, China

Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    I agree that Path is probably at its worst against Goblins, which loves extra mana, but...

Zoo keeps a hand without a 1-drop blocker? Do you expect T2 Warren Weirding or something? Most goblin lists can't even do the "Waste your Taiga, Fanatic your 1/1 Kird Ape, connect with Lackey" dance anymore, having dropped Fanatic.

Also, "sentance" :<
    Also, which Zoo deck doesn't draw one of their 8 (or more) burn spells over their STP/PTE?
    Who says the Internet isn't full of <3?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandr View Post
    MMogg, I love you more and more.
    Quote Originally Posted by menace13
    MMogg is already loved any place he goes.

Samurais suck
    May 2006
    Portland, OR

Part of me wants to respond to some of the absolute ridiculousness that is going on in this thread, but I'm not going to. Instead, I'm going to wait until I have a chance to actually test the card. And I'm a gonna.
    Team Info-Ninja: Shhh... We don't exist.

Member...heheh...
    Jul 2009

This card seems really good for Goblins to run four of.

-Signed, Landstill players

I'm rather indifferent to this because I see Mogg Fanatic as being equally unimpressive against everything but...Dredge?

Ultimately, in a format with Sensei's Divining Top, this guy is pretty awful. Suddenly, seeing Top, Tundra, Tundra with your Sensei's Divining Top activation is not the worst thing that could happen.

A Goblin player now has to make a decision playing spells first or second main against even a tapped out Counterbalance player. First main in hopes of either escaping the CB's ability or hitting a land, or after attacking Goblin Guide and potentially shaving the land and getting the CB player to a spell. I see this being more tilting than actually game-altering. Thing is, Goblins doesn't need any additional things to be worried about.
    "Stifle your Standstill?"

Samurais suck
    May 2006
    Portland, OR

So, I finally got around to doing some testing with GG last night. I tried running Zoo with GG in the Kird Ape slot. After several games, it became pretty clear that Kird Ape > GG. Not a big surprise, but at least now I'm not talking out of my ass.

I think it's probably quite playable in Sligh and Burn, though. Any deck that would normally be looking at stuff like Incinerate/Spark Elemental/Keldon Marauder to fill those last few slots should be happy to have this guy.

May 2009

Quote Originally Posted by arcboundravager2 View Post
    Holy shit the grammer nazi's are here, quick hide Ann
    damn i can't get a break this week thats two people in more than 1 thread who know what i'm saying and are flipping out. probably shouldn't say that but i don't really care.

any how what about sudden impact with goblin guide, in theory there hand will be getting bigger and bigger. Pack vexing shusher in there and against landstill it might be interesting.

Etherium is limited. Innovation is not.
    Aug 2006
    Columbus, OH

damn i can't get a break this week thats two people in more than 1 thread who know what i'm saying and are flipping out. probably shouldn't say that but i don't really care.

any how what about sudden impact with goblin guide, in theory there hand will be getting bigger and bigger. Pack vexing shusher in there and against landstill it might be interesting.
    Could it possibly be because the forum rules state that correct grammar and punctuation are mandatory? That, and it's annoying as hell to read slopping writing.

May 2009

last summer i failed my 3rd college english class so i think i'm grammery disabled. I don't know what to utilize to fix this problem?

ಠ_ಠ
    Jul 2009
    NJ

Can this thread be locked so it dies, please?
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    ... It feels like a bummer to spend so much time not talking about the game and more time arguing over whether Dega or Mardu is the better name for a three color deck you'll never see in Legacy.

May 2009

kinda shocking it did get to 3 pages. but In before lock!

Etherium is limited. Innovation is not.
    Aug 2006
    Columbus, OH

Aside from dumb posts by a few people, I don't see why this thread would get locked. It's a great card for Goyf Sligh and possibly Burn. It's usefulness in Zoo is questionable, too.

May 2008
    Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by Hanni View Post
    Aside from dumb posts by a few people, I don't see why this thread would get locked. It's a great card for Goyf Sligh and possibly Burn. It's usefulness in Zoo is questionable, too.

-_- It draws cards for your opponents. This seems bad.

To draw a comparison, I'm pretty sure that Quinn is using all snow lands and Scrying sheets just so that they can pay two mana to do this. Granted, they don't shock themselves, but this still seems lackluster.

Testing may prove me wrong though, and it's not like I've never been horrifically off about how good/bad a card will be before it actually sees play.
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryPheldagrif
    The important thing is to always, always remember that while Brainstorm may require the tea-sipping socialite to think for 15 minutes as to the ideal configuration to optimize his carefully calculated 10 trillion branched decision tree of splendid victory, JUGGERNAUT ATTACKS WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT.

Samurais suck
    May 2006
    Portland, OR

The worst card in Zoo is Kird Ape, and I'm here to tell you that Kird Ape > Goblin Guide. Not strictly, but most of the time.

I agree about Sligh, though. GG should find a home in that deck.

ಠ_ಠ
    Jul 2009
    NJ

Considering the extra 2 damage this warrants over Kird Ape, is it really worth 1-3 extra cards for them?
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    ... It feels like a bummer to spend so much time not talking about the game and more time arguing over whether Dega or Mardu is the better name for a three color deck you'll never see in Legacy.

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Pastorofmuppets View Post
    Considering the extra 2 damage this warrants over Kird Ape, is it really worth 1-3 extra cards for them?
    Have you tested?
    I played in Goyf slight againsīt friends, and 1 GG usually did 4-6 dmg before the opponent gets a land. I think it is really worth it. Specially when they came in pairs.
    1st turn: gg, 2nd turn: gg+bolt, 3rd turn: I really donīt care if they have 1 extra card.
    Super Bizarros Team. Beating everything with small green dudes and big waves.

Quote Originally Posted by Loxodon Baileyarch View Post
    OH SHIT SON THE GRAMMAR NAZIS ARE HERE! QUICK, MAN THE MOTHER FUCKING CANNONS!

Anyways, Goblin Guide is bad. It's weaker than Kird Ape (bad for Zoo standards) draws them MANA (Bad for Vial Goblins) and... welll... sure, you are only drawing them land, but you are still filtering their deck so that they hit bombs and not bricks.

Thread Information