Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Deck] Demigod Blightning

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

Re: [Deck] Demigod Blightning

I like the list you have right now in the opener but with Jitte you want as many creatures as possible, so you should swap out the 4 diabolic edicts for the new zendikar Gatekeeper of Malakir. Other than that I really like Nether Traitor to carry a jitte, and it works well with bitterblossom as well.

Looks fun, good luck with it. And don't splash for korlash, I really don't think he's going to be worth it.

Smarter than your average Bear Deck
    Jan 2009

Not to sound like a hater >.< (sry)

I just dont see how this list is that good. It doesn't have a form of draw, Demigod is utterly worthless in this deck his true effectinveness is in numbers but offers no way of getting other copies in so you're playing full mana for a 5/4 flyer at Best in most games, bitterblossom's slow, usually used it more control decks.. this is a total middle deck from what it seems; It just seems like it wont outrace aggro.. and will lose to control.

Dodge this.
    Jan 2005
    Westland, Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical_Jackass View Post
    Not to sound like a hater >.< (sry)

I just dont see how this list is that good. It doesn't have a form of draw, Demigod is utterly worthless in this deck his true effectinveness is in numbers but offers no way of getting other copies in so you're playing full mana for a 5/4 flyer at Best in most games, bitterblossom's slow, usually used it more control decks.. this is a total middle deck from what it seems; It just seems like it wont outrace aggro.. and will lose to control.
    You don't sound like a hater at all. It just sounds like you have absolutely no clue wtf you're talking about. Demigod is a 5/4, flying, haste, with a built in form of recursion/card advantage. That is far from useless, MJ.
    Won't outrace aggro? Ding ding ding ding. We have a winner! It's not trying to outrace aggro. This deck is clearly playing the role of control in that situation, i.e., this deck has no intent on racing but rather desires to push the game into later turns through discard and removal and then proceed to face smashing via large flying beatsticks.
    Will lose to control? Hmmm? Thoughtseize, Hymn, and Hyppie want to have a discussion with you for the next six months or so while you're on my ignore list. Hand disruption is one of the most powerful tools one can have against control.

@Nidd, nice deck. Try 3x Damnation with 4x Nether Traitor, as many other posters have suggested. Damnation alongside 8 creatures that can recur themselves from the GY is quite advantageous. Also replace either one or two Jitte with Sword of Fire and Ice. 4 Jitte is just too many (stupid legend rule) but I think this deck likes to have 4-5 pieces of equipment and SoFI is amazing on Nether Traitor. Good luck, and keep on working toward optimizing it for the current meta.

Oct 2007
    Berlin, Germany

I'd like to advocate the red splash again [-3 Swamp +3 Badlands] for SB options [and 1 random badass MD Terminate ]:

My SB would look like this:
    3 Pyroblast
    3 Firespout [!] saving your tokens and Specters! [almost MD-worthy]
    3 Needle
    3 Price of Progress
    3 Smash To Smithereens (meta choice)

---------------------------------------------

...With the SB red splash your MD remains almost as consistent and your SB actually kicks butts.

Dodge this.
    Jan 2005
    Westland, Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Ignition View Post
    swap out the 4 diabolic edicts for the new zendikar Gatekeeper of Malakir.
    Whoa! I just saw that spoiled. This should be done without question.

Jan 2009

You don't sound like a hater at all. It just sounds like you have absolutely no clue wtf you're talking about. Demigod is a 5/4, flying, haste, with a built in form of recursion/card advantage. That is far from useless, MJ.
    I understand what the card is. I'm saying this deck could do a far better job making use of its recursion ability, through the use of avatar of discord or smallpox to get multiples into your graveyard. Then At the opportune time when you have the mana and draw into multiple, drop one turn ~4-8 and they both swing for 10.
    He runs 4, drawing multiples just like Tombstalker is never good. Draw engine is good, sp you dont miss land drops otherwise you're far too dependent on rituals to get them into play. Rituals are more often gonna get used for power turn 1-2 plays getting Hippy out and such but if you ran a phyrexian arena that would really help speed up to that higher mana curve.

Quote Originally Posted by umbowta View Post
    Won't outrace aggro? Ding ding ding ding. We have a winner! It's not trying to outrace aggro. This deck is clearly playing the role of control in that situation, i.e., this deck has no intent on racing but rather desires to push the game into later turns through discard and removal and then proceed to face smashing via large flying beatsticks.
    Will lose to control? Hmmm? Thoughtseize, Hymn, and Hyppie want to have a discussion with you for the next six months or so while you're on my ignore list. Hand disruption is one of the most powerful tools one can have against control.
    No man. you win for the sound effects, you are the winner :)

You're not the OP... why am I even debating you anyways lol, do you even run this deck? I like the deck I really just thought there's a few things I'd tweak but all in all it does a lot of things I like is what I should have said so my bad.
    Heh, Ignore list.. great, one less brat I have to talk to here >.< ty sir

btw, I also think Gatekeepers gonna be amazing in BB.

Hella fuckin' balls to the wall awesome
    Mar 2008
    Maryland

Nerd fights are so cute.
    Team Unicorn: We're horny...get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ewokslayer View Post
    You might want to go to a hospital. It appears you cracked your head open.

You are leaking stupid all over the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    I masturbated on that picture of your cat.

Jan 2009

lol, I know I was about to throw a hot pocket or retainer at him :)

Nerd bragging rights! Lets put our titles on the line, GO! :P

Sep 2004
    MG

4x mires
    4x wasteland
    4x badland
    1x mountain
    8x swamp

4x duress
    4x hymn
    4x dark rit
    4x sinkhole
    4x smother
    4x terminate
    3x nights whisper

4x magus of moon
    4x hippie
    4x demigod
    2x tombstalker

sb:
    4x keg
    3x boil
    4x smash to smitherines
    4x ?

This was my take on it. Its kinda like MBC with a red splash to gain some board hate with red but mostly to abuse moon effects since that tends to own alot of decks. everything else is kinda explanitory but the sb could use some work, all depends on meta I suppose

Rapin' your villages, Burnin' your women
    Dec 2008

you guys get entomb now. seems like you want a few of those.

Amen, brotha.
    Aug 2009
    Bamberg / Franconia / Bavaria / Germany

Entomb isn't that good I think. If I played with more Strongholds, it would be good I think. I want to draw a Demigod. If there is 1 in my GY and none in my hand, it's bad. And the deck doesn't have too much interaction with Entomb, anyways.

Thread Information