Page 54 of 102 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 2033

Thread: Obligatory shitty card creation thread

Dec 2011
    Norway

Re: Obligatory shitty card creation thread

Zhu Shun, Empress of Petals
    Legendary Creature - Human Noble
    Whenever another legendary permanent enters the battlefield under your control, put a 1/1 white Courtier creature token onto the battlefield.
    1/1
    The imperial court, filled with wonders, grows for each passing season.

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by Vicar in a tutu View Post
    Zhu Shun, Empress of Petals
    Legendary Creature - Human Noble
    Whenever another legendary permanent enters the battlefield under your control, put a 1/1 white Courtier creature token onto the battlefield.
    1/1
    The imperial court, filled with wonders, grows for each passing season.
    That's very nice!

I wouldn't mind seeing a cycle of postive cantrip hate cards...

Pilgrim Loremaster

Human Priest
    Flash
    When Pilgrim Scholar enters play, exile a card from your hand or sacrifice it.
    Whenever a single player would draw a card, each player draws a card instead.
    1/1

Hellbent Loremaster

Human Shaman
    Flash
    Whenever a player would draw a card, that player discards a card at random and draws two cards instead.
    1/1

Arbor Loremaster

Human Druid
    Flash
    Whenever a spell an opponent controls makes a player draw a card, you may search your library for a basic forest card, and put it onto the battlefield tapped.
    1/1

Crypt Loremaster

Human Rogue
    Flash
    Whenever a spell an opponent controls makes a player draw a card, you may return a black card from your graveyard to your hand.
    1/1
    Last edited by rufus; 01-12-2015 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Forgot P/T on the last one.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing a cycle of postive cantrip hate cards...

Pilgrim Loremaster

Human Priest
    Flash
    When Pilgrim Scholar enters play, exile a card from your hand or sacrifice it.
    Whenever a single player would draw a card, each player draws a card instead.
    1/1

Hellbent Loremaster

Human Shaman
    Flash
    Whenever a player would draw a card, that player discards a card at random and draws two cards instead.
    1/1

Arbor Loremaster

Human Druid
    Flash
    Whenever a spell an opponent controls makes a player draw a card, you may search your library for a basic forest card, and put it onto the battlefield tapped.
    1/1

Crypt Loremaster

Human Rogue
    Flash
    Whenever a spell an opponent controls makes a player draw a card, you may return a black card from your graveyard to your hand.
    I kind of want all of these to explicitly say "whenever an opponent would draw" just because there's always the possibility that Blue Player gets to wank out a durdly combo with one of them. Like, off the top of my head, something stupid with infinite Brainstorm recursion would deck all your opponents with the White one (not that whatever deck that can do that is amazing, but if it's going to be a hate card it should probably actually be a hate card)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Strugg, the Cultivator 1BG

Legendary Creature - Zombie Druid

As long as Strugg is in your graveyard, you may play lands in your graveyard as though they were in your hand. At the beginning of your upkeep, if Strugg, the Cultivator is in your graveyard, reveal the top card of your library. If it is a creature card, you may discard it to return Strugg, the Cultivator from your graveyard to the battlefield. Otherwise, put the revealed card on the bottom of your library.

4/2
    Last edited by kirkusjones; 12-24-2014 at 10:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    It's like arguing your way out of a speeding ticket by saying "it's not like I'm wearing oven mitts, officer."
    Twenty Kavus and a Dream is NOT a Legacy deck.

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    I kind of want all of these to explicitly say "whenever an opponent would draw" just because there's always the possibility that Blue Player gets to wank out a durdly combo with one of them. Like, off the top of my head, something stupid with infinite Brainstorm recursion would deck all your opponents with the White one (not that whatever deck that can do that is amazing, but if it's going to be a hate card it should probably actually be a hate card)
    The white one would be OP if it weren't symmetric. I guess it could be changed to "each player may draw" (but I don't want to make obstinate familiar obsolete).

Here is my idea.
    Wilder Nacatl
    G
    +1/+1 if you control a forest
    +1/+1 if you control a plains
    +1/+1 if you control a island
    +1/+1 if you control a swamp
    +1/+1 if you control a Mountain
    0/0

Dec 2011
    Norway

Call of Ulialume X
    Sorcery
    Search your library for a green or white enchantment card with converted mana cost X or less and put it into play.

Dec 2011
    Norway

Lorestalker Spider
    Creature - Spider
    Protection from blue, reach
    At the beginning of each end step, if an opponent drew three or more cards this turn, you may put Lorestalker Spider from your hand onto the battlefield.
    2/4

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by Vicar in a tutu View Post
    Lorestalker Spider
    Creature - Spider
    Protection from blue, reach
    At the beginning of each end step, if an opponent drew three or more cards this turn, you may put Lorestalker Spider from your hand onto the battlefield.
    2/4
    Make it a 3/4 and I'm buying a set!
    Is it possible to make a theme of this, similarly to hidden dudes?

Dec 2011
    Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    Make it a 3/4 and I'm buying a set!
    Is it possible to make a theme of this, similarly to hidden dudes?
    I wanted to make it 2/4 so that it had the same power / toughness as Giant Spider from Alpha. I think making a cycle of these cards would be really cool, that's a great idea.

Jan 2005
    I actually live in actual Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by EGarrett View Post
    Oh, and if Wizards ever decides the multi-colored decks are getting too plentiful and decides to bans fetchlands, I went ahead and templated these as a possible "fixed" set of duals that would smooth out mana bases without turning everything into 4-color madness.
    I actually like this idea a lot for a "**** blue" block, except they should all say "You can't play Blue spells."

Jan 2005
    I actually live in actual Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by ajfennewald View Post
    Here is my idea.
    Wilder Nacatl
    G
    +1/+1 if you control a forest
    +1/+1 if you control a plains
    You lose the game if you control a island
    +1/+1 if you control a swamp
    +1/+1 if you control a Mountain
    0/0
    ;)

There might be too many 'freetrips' in the game, but how about:

Change of Fortune
    R/Phyrexian
    Instant
    Target opponent shuffles his or her library.
    Draw a card.

Edit: Make this opponent-specific as ahg113 suggested.
    Last edited by rufus; 01-12-2015 at 08:39 PM.

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Change of Fortune
    R/Phyrexian
    Instant
    Target player shuffles his or her library.
    Draw a card.
    How much cantrip can a cantripchuck chuck since a cantripchuck can chuck cantrip?

Change of Fortune
    R/Phyrexian
    Instant
    Target player shuffles his or her library.
    Draw a card.
    Should be target opponent instead of player, with a caveat stipulation "If that player shuffles their library, draw a card." Giving the blue shell more ability to shuffle it's library is a joke. Changing it to opponent makes it truly disruptive and asymmetrical, thus not an auto-include in the machine. Making it pendant on the shuffle means it's not a free cantrip if for some reason the opponent is untargetable.

Otherwise, this is a very good card. Random disruption in red feels correct, cantrip makes it playable.

Dec 2011
    Norway

Leyline of Parity
    Enchantment
    If Leyline of Parity is in your opening hand, you may begin the game with it on the battlefield.
    Each player can't draw more than one card each turn.
    Last edited by Vicar in a tutu; 12-24-2014 at 07:22 AM.

bruizar

Karn, Synthesized
    Planeswalker - Karn
    2 loyalty
    +1 Target opponent reveals a card in his hand at random, you lose 2 life.
    -2 Add one colorless mana to your mana pool, exile the top 5 cards from your library.
    -7 Exile all permanents from the game.

Flavor: After Karn was liberated, Karn was bound again, this time turned into a Mox/Trinket (Think espers of Final Fantasy 3). May be a little bit too good, but Chalice of the Void at 0, abrupt decay, repeal and lightning bolt are pretty good at keeping it contained. Colorless mana and exiling (from 2 zones: board and deck, instead of board and hand) are themed accordingly.

Exiling the top 5 cards makes it so that you can accidentally blow yourself out of the game by exiling a Tendrils of Agony and ties into Karn's exiling. Karn, Synthesized starts at 2 so it takes at least 2 turns to get 2 mana activations out of it, which keeps it a bit more balanced for the combo players out there. The additional damage also makes it more dangerous for combo to play against tempo and burn decks compared to using lotus petal.

+1
    The +1 mirrors the +4 of Karn Liberated. The damage ensures Karn Synthesized isn't better than an Ancient Tomb and references Shahrazad (and thus Karn Liberated's ultimate). Although it's possible to now drop turn 1 Trinisphere, you would lose your Karn, Synthesized and the next one would cost 3 mana.

The ultimate costs -7 mimicking the mana cost of Karn Liberated. The -7 costs a lot of turns and half your life. Shahrazad also eat half your life, and the -7 sort of 'restarts' the game the same way Karn Liberated and Shahrazad do. The idea is that Karn, Synthesized shatters and explodes its power onto the world, destroying everything.

This would be a high impact card, for being the first 0 mana planeswalker; which fits Karn since it is one of the most iconic characters of the game and is very important to magic's storyline. Auto-restricted in Vintage. Not sure whether the ultmate should exile non-land permanents instead.

The art should be a based on Darksteel Relic; but this time charged with the spirit of Karn.
    Last edited by bruizar; 12-30-2014 at 04:35 AM.

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Ok, challenge accepted.

Kaja, Willow of Autumn
    Planeswalker - Kaja
    2 loyalty
    -2: Each player searches his or her library for a Forest card and puts it otb.
    +1: Put a green 0/1 Dryad creature with shroud on the battlefield, lose one life.
    -6: You get an emblem "Forest you control also have 'tap: add an amout of
    to your mana pool equal to the number of Dryad creatures you control.'"

Flavor: Once the Feroz's ban of Ulgrotha weakened and the plane became once again visited by dueling PWs, Kaja went from hiding to defend the Homeland(s). At first she tried to simply stay in a way of the invaders, but lately she decided to actively move war on the hostile ground and of her own plane, so that the inhabitants are spared of the suffering.

(Kaja revitalizes the plane of Ulgrotha.)
    Making it search for (even though non-basic) Forest makes it interesting in multiplayer Magic esp. for a Phelddagrif like group hug EDHs, it isn't that easily misused by non-green decks (Legacy sidenote: I guess that tempo StifleWasteDaze piles have little profit from this, right?), and it helps out of manascrew and speeds up the game towards the bomby phase, Timmie like that, don't they?
    As a one mana legendary Nature's Lore that can be revoked/needled/stifled and is symmetrical, this shouldn't be overly powerful...

+1
    (Kaja builds a defense of her world.)
    Ok, this one is questionable, because one-mana repeatable shroudy dudes are nothing to sneeze at... maybe. Maybe not. There are lots of -1/-1 global instants and sorceries, Pyroclasm and friends exist. In Legacy this is far from overpowered especially in non-elves tribe. Making one Dryad at a time makes it far harder to defend another (solid) PW with a cheap turn1 one. Legacy application: this would once again relieve a bit of a blue(/black) pressure, as the unending stream of Goyf blockers, post-Terminus Jace-pesters and Pox-fodder should be a good effect, true?

(Kaja moves the war out of her realm.)
    Similarly to Karn, this is a play on original AW's cmc.
    No. She won't create a 4/4 shroud avatar. That'll be cheap. Instead of that, the now revitalized plane is able to spawn an immense amount of its own defenders, ones that are able to cross the boundaries of their realm and move the war of their homelands. With all the mana available, the victory is at hand. Note that this isn't "I win" button, and note that it maybe must be worded a bit different, so that the Forests keep their original text (or does the rule "Forest add " simply stay in effect?), so that the "Engineered Plague: dryads" doesn't also equal to one-sided Armageddon. Legacy sidenote: it definitely isn't overpowered for our format, is it? Unless you go really crazy with Dryad Arbors.
    Last edited by Bed Decks Palyer; 12-27-2014 at 11:08 AM.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Shouldn't these be formatted as +1, -2, -7?
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Thread Information