Page 81 of 102 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 2033

Thread: Obligatory shitty card creation thread

Re: Obligatory shitty card creation thread

3WUBRG SLIVER GOD 7/7

0: Search your library for a sliver and exile it. Sliver god becomes a copy of it.

1: Put an exiled sliver under your library
    “Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Jun 2010
    Central NY

Allied color swords:

Sword of Peace and Prosperity
    3, Equip 2
    Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has protection from white and blue.
    Whenever it deals combat damage to a player, gain 3 life and draw a card.

Sword of Love and Lust
    3, Equip 2
    Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has protection from red and green.
    Whenever it deals combat damage to a player, you may destroy target artifact or enchantment.

Sword of Pain and Suffering
    3, Equip 2
    Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has protection from black and red.
    Whenever it deals combat damage to a player, that player sacrifices a land and you may put a -1/-1 counter on target creature.

Sword of Faith and Harmony
    3, Equip 2
    Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has protection from white and green.
    Whenever it deals combat damage to a player, you may return a land from your graveyard to your hand and put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.

Sword of Deceit and Malice
    3, Equip 2
    Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has protection from black and blue.
    Whenever it deals combat damage to a player, that player reveals their hand and you choose a card from it to be put on top of their library.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Allied color swords:

3, Equip 2

Sword of Love and Lust
    3, Equip 2
    Whenever it deals combat damage to a player, you may destroy target artifact or enchantment.

3, Equip 2
    Whenever it deals combat damage to a player, that player sacrifices a land and you may put a -1/-1 counter on target creature.

3, Equip 2
    Whenever it deals combat damage to a player, you may return a land from your graveyard to your hand and put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.

3, Equip 2
    Whenever it deals combat damage to a player, that player reveals their hand and you choose a card from it to be put on top of their library.
    These are cool. Nice names. Only confused why the and swords only have one ability instead of two. Also, the one is my favorite, may be OP, protection from the best two creature removal colors, and the LD is delish.

Allied color swords:
    Sword of Love and Lust
    3, Equip 2
    Yeah, I don't think we're at the point in Magic where the word "Lust" gets anywhere near a Magic card.

Although, I do like the image of someone destroying an artifact... via lusty encounter.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Allied color swords:

3, Equip 2
    No offense meant, but this is kind of uninspired design, it is literally just Sword of Light and Ice.

You got some unique abilities on the others, but this one seems to drop the ball.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Jun 2010
    Central NY

Quote Originally Posted by ahg113 View Post
    These are cool. Nice names. Only confused why the and swords only have one ability instead of two. Also, the one is my favorite, may be OP, protection from the best two creature removal colors, and the LD is delish.
    I thought about changing the RG sword to 'may destroy an artifact and/or enchantment' but it seemed a little strong. Sword of Hull Breach does fit though. The BU one is just like the UW one, didn't try very hard on it. I originally had the BU sword trigger as 'return a nonland permanent that player controls to their hand, then choose a card from their hand to put on top of their library' but it seems too strong. You not only bounce a permanent, but see their hand and mess up their next draw.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximumC View Post
    Yeah, I don't think we're at the point in Magic where the word "Lust" gets anywhere near a Magic card.

Although, I do like the image of someone destroying an artifact... via lusty encounter.
    Couldn't think of a better name for the color combination, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    No offense meant, but this is kind of uninspired design, it is literally just Sword of Light and Ice.

You got some unique abilities on the others, but this one seems to drop the ball.
    Agreed, I didn't try very hard on that one. Maybe change it to 'you may return an artifact and/or enchantment from your graveyard to your hand'?

Jun 2010
    Central NY

Allied color swords:

3, Equip 2
    Whenever it deals combat damage to a player, you may return an artifact and/or enchantment from your graveyard to your hand.

Sword of Rage and Fury
    3, Equip 2
    Whenever it deals combat damage to a player, you may destroy target artifact and/or enchantment.

3, Equip 2

3, Equip 2

3, Equip 2
    Whenever it deals combat damage to a player, you may return target creature to owners hand, then look at the top two cards of your library and put one into your hand, the other on the bottom.
    Reedited for BU sword.
    Last edited by DarthVicious; 09-21-2016 at 04:08 PM.

Play Deed. Nuke the World.
    Oct 2010

Screw Terminus 1G
    Instant
    Until end of turn, whenever a creature is put into your library from the battlefield, create a token that is a copy of that creature.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximumC View Post

Lust for War, Bloodlust & Infectious Bloodlust all seem a lil lusty. Red is a passion color, lust is a very passion feeling.

RG sword: "Sword of Impulse and Instinct?" Impulse - break stuff (red) Instinct - disbelieve glamours (green)

Also, that UB sword design seems really, really strong - if they don't have an answer and can't play what's in their hand, don't they just get draw-locked until they're dead?

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Black & Blue sword could be bounce + discard, which creates some interesting synergy. It also doesn't permalock your opponent out of the game by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by EpicLevelCommoner View Post
    Screw Terminus 1G
    Instant
    Until end of turn, whenever a creature is put into your library from the battlefield, create a token that is a copy of that creature.
    To really be effective, there'd be some caveat to keep the tokens in play until the next turn end of combat. If I attack with my team, but they're swept away by Terminus, I don't get a real benefit of having them back on the field for my second main phase to poof into the aether eot.

I like where you're going though.

Tibalt's Serf
    Creature - Devil
    Flash
    Whenever you discard a card, if you discarded it at random, draw two cards.
    When Tibalt's Serf dies, put X loyalty counters on target planeswalker you control, where X is its power.
    2/1

Jun 2010
    Central NY

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Black & Blue sword could be bounce + discard, which creates some interesting synergy. It also doesn't permalock your opponent out of the game by itself.
    I reedited it for a bounce and sleight effect. I wanted to avoid a bounce and discard trigger, as it's another permalock if they're hellbent.

Quote Originally Posted by taconaut View Post
    RG sword: "Sword of Impulse and Instinct?" Impulse - break stuff (red) Instinct - disbelieve glamours (green)

Also, that UB sword design seems really, really strong - if they don't have an answer and can't play what's in their hand, don't they just get draw-locked until they're dead?
    Changed both in my quoted post. #1607

Bored here's some garbo.

Pyromancer's Game {R}
    Instant
    Deal 1 damage to target player, then roll a 6 sided die. At the end of the turn you may have Pyromancer's Game deal 1 damage to that player, then if the amount of damage dealt to that player this turn matches the result of your roll, return Pyromancer's Game to it's owner's hand.

Ajani Primal {W}{R}{G}
    Planeswalker - Ajani
    +1 Up to one target creature you control gains vigilance, reach, and protection from the colour of your choice until the beginning of your next upkeep.
    -1 Deal 2 damage to target creature. That creature's controller gains x life, where x is that creature's power.
    -6 You gain an emblem with "Non-creature spells your opponents control cost x more to cast, where x is the amount of creatures you control. Whenever an opponent casts a spell you may create a 2/2 White Cat Soldier token."
    -2-

Pulse of the Plague {B}
    Instant
    Target creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn. Then if that creature's controller controls the creature with the highest toughness, return Pulse of the Plague to it's owner's hand.

Cling to Power {B}
    Sorcery
    Draw 2 cards, then set aside one card in your hand and reveal the rest. An opponent of your choice picks a non-land card from among the revealed cards. Discard that card.

I reedited it for a bounce and sleight effect. I wanted to avoid a bounce and discard trigger, as it's another permalock if they're hellbent.

Changed both in my quoted post. #1607
    That sortof looks like sword of blue and blue now, though - black can't do either of those effects.

I feel like the Blue Black intersection is something about looking at your opponent's hand and then doing something, or something about information. I feel like the most obvious is just, "duress and draw," but I'd like a better blue mechanic because sword of fire and ice is already draw, and the UG is already mill. "Scry 3" or even maybe "Scry 4" could do it, but still seems somewhat weak. Maybe like a frost titan-like tap effect?

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

That sortof looks like sword of blue and blue now, though - black can't do either of those effects.

I feel like the Blue Black intersection is something about looking at your opponent's hand and then doing something, or something about information. I feel like the most obvious is just, "duress and draw," but I'd like a better blue mechanic because sword of fire and ice is already draw, and the UG is already mill. "Scry 3" or even maybe "Scry 4" could do it, but still seems somewhat weak. Maybe like a frost titan-like tap effect?
    I think the UB one should be "Sword of Dreams and Nightmares" and "Return target nonland permanent to owner's hand." A la, Consign to Dream (but nonland is pretty much needed, so it isn't a lock). Then "Look at the top two cards of that player's library. Exile one and put the other back on top." A la Thoughtpicker Witch, or something like that.

A great name for the UW sword would be, "Sword of Law and Order" although, what it would do, I don't know. Perhaps Frost Titan a creature and Rule of Law them until your next turn? I kind of like this, because White also taps creatures pretty often and Rule of Law is Arcane Laboratory, so both are actually White and Blue effects.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    I think the UB one should be "Sword of Dreams and Nightmares" and "Return target nonland permanent to owner's hand." A la, Consign to Dream (but nonland is pretty much needed, so it isn't a lock). Then "Look at the top two cards of that player's library. Exile one and put the other back on top." A la Thoughtpicker Witch, or something like that.
    I like that black effect, but I think it'd be cool if we appended, "you may cast that card as though it were in your hand," or something similar; otherwise, I think it's a little underpowered, like my scry example.

I like that black effect, but I think it'd be cool if we appended, "you may cast that card as though it were in your hand," or something similar; otherwise, I think it's a little underpowered, like my scry example.
    Disagree. Allowing the sword controller to potentially cast a spell for free seems OP. The Exile/Scry effect is on point with discard, but even more proactive disruption. Always a fan of taking a known effect to repeat instead of off the wall ideas. The play without pay is more associated with red and blue.

Green/Red sword should still contain the word Lust.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by ahg113 View Post
    Disagree. Allowing the sword controller to potentially cast a spell for free seems OP. The Exile/Scry effect is on point with discard, but even more proactive disruption. Always a fan of taking a known effect to repeat instead of off the wall ideas. The play without pay is more associated with red and blue.

Green/Red sword should still contain the word Lust.
    Sword of Labour and Lust?

Thread Information