Page 10 of 102 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: Obligatory shitty card creation thread

Re: Cards you'd like to see WotC print for Eternal reasons

Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
    Shudder... I really wish wizards would back off tribal. I hate when they print decks instead of letting people come up with their own idea. And tribal is just saying "Here, we want you to play these cards together, we even labeled them".

sigh..... I really wish wizards would lay off abandonware tribes that are only viable for the block they're printed in. then become useless filler for people who sell repacks on ebay. this is a fantasy game, some people might like the idea of leading an army of elves, goblins, thrulls, birds or bears into an epic battle.

Sweet Sixteenth
    Jul 2004
    Fairfax City, VA

Quote Originally Posted by DragoFireheart View Post
    Counter Magic
    Instant

Counter Magic is blue

Counter target spell. You lose 2 life.
    That card would still be broken if it cost 5 life.

As for New age Mogg fanatic

Mogg Fanatic V2

: sacrifice Mogg fanatic
    Whenever Mogg Fanatic Goes to the Graveyard it deals 1 damage to target creature or player.

1/1

Thats basically mogg fanatic in a nutshell.

Also:

1B Disgusting Zombie

Deathtouch

3/4
    Quote Originally Posted by Krieger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Getsickanddie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Parcher View Post
    Looks like Team Unicorn has about sixteen coming to this.

What's the term for a plural group of Unicorns? Y'know, like a murder of crows. Well that's what's on it's way.
    ******s?
    While this is close it's still wrong. Every one knows it's an orgy of unicorns.
    Team Unicorn is too hetero for me.
    TeaM NOVA for life.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverGreen View Post
    And there's nothing wrong with it, it's just the primary purpose of FCC! But another funny part of it is discussing the nuances of card design, to improve it and make it more affordable. Design the powerfull Mythic Rare in the set, that will warp entire formats all by itself, is the easy part of the task, but design the solutions to a given problem, the last pieces in the puzzle, is the true hard work.

So I would like to point:

- Some cards to diversify tribal strategies, expressly in Black and White, are desirable and benefitial to the format;
    - A super white utility card will not move the color away from its straight support role in Legacy;
    - More subtle and soft answers to common Legacy questions - "how to adress Goyf or Counterbalance or others", for example - would be healthier to the format than just print more and more bombs;
    - Blue doesn't need more fast mana, more free counters, more universal answers, nor more blue disguised bombs in other colors - Blue already is and will always be Blue;
    - There's other CMCs beyond 3 and the occasional game-winning 4, it just happens we're too used to costs lesser than 4 that we close the door to diversity almost immediately when it presents itself, but I'm sure everyone here has the potential to make the next Ad Nauseam.
    I find those points very interesting, perhaps we should start creating cards from there. I tried to answer point 3 before, probably failing at it.

Sudden Unbalance
    Instant
    Destroy all artifacts and enchantments.
    Cycling
    When you cycle Sudden Unbalance, you may destroy target artifact or enchantment.

Ignorance
    Creature - Incarnation
    Shroud
    Whenever a player reveals a card from his or her library, Ignorance deals 1 damage to that player.
    2/2

Muscle Paralyzer
    Artifact
    When a creature has power 4 or greater, its controller sacrifices it.
    Only Sudden Unbalance got some feedback. It's meant to destroy Counterbalance once and for all while not being as good as Krosan Grip when it comes to other targets. Being an instant, I made it cost some more than Fracturing Gust to compensate cycling being usually better than gaining life.

Ignorance punishes Dark Confidant, Counterbalance, Intuition, Gifts Ungiven, Mystical / Enlightened Tutor and such, and especially Ad Nauseam. Shroud is there just to punish ANT harder, although ANT can still just use Angel's Grace and laugh at it.

Tarmogoyf is the universal fatty, so Muscle Paralyzer is the universal answer. But killing also all other fatties (Knight of the Reliquary, Tombstalker, Countryside Crusher, Terravore, Progenitus, etc.) may make it too overpowered.

Etherium is limited. Innovation is not.
    Aug 2006
    Columbus, OH

I guess in comparison with Bloodghast, Syrna is probably above the power level.

Aside from its application in Dredge, which never intends to draw cards, Syrna is far beyond Bloodghast in terms of power level.

Aside from Solitary Confinement, or some other spell(s) I don't know about, the draw step is a mandatory part of every turn. It is not always guarunteed that a deck will put a land into play every turn. That means that Syrna will recur more consistently than Bloodghast.

Bloodghast is limited in its amount of recursion from Landfall. Although it doesn't need to recur multiple times in a turn, drawing [multiple] cards is more easily achievable than putting [multiple] lands into play. There is an abundance of cantrips and other draw spells, which are more widely applicable than spells like Exploration. Of course, fetchlands are pretty good, but it's far easier to draw 1 additional card a turn (Jace/Arena/etc) than playing a fetchland every turn, and regardless, multiple cantrips/draw spells can be chained in a given turn, triggering Syrna far more times. Explorations + multiple fetchlands is comparable, but seems much less splashable.

Bloodghast's cost of BB is better than Syrna's cost of UBR, but both are irrelevant with Entomb, or even the Dredge mechanic.

Bloodghast's 2/1 body is better than Syrna's 0/1 or 1/1 body, but Bloodghast cannot block, and that difference is massive. Also, if Syrna does get Flying, that's yet another advantage of her over Bloodghast. Top it all off (and I'm sure there's still more advantages that Syrna has) with a built-in sac ability to protect against Swords to Plowshares and Path to Exile, and Syrna just has too much going on. Bloodghast has conditional Haste, which is admittedly pretty good, and it's not Legendary, so you can have multiples in play... but that's still not enough to make up for everything else, IMO.

All in all, I don't think Syrna itself is overly broken, but in comparison to the just printed Bloodghast, it's far beyond that power level curve. Syrna is probably just a little too much right now. Even switching the recur trigger from card draw to Landfall wouldn't be enough.

Oh well.

How about something like:

Entombing Wish BB
    Sorcery
    Choose a card you own from outside the game and put it in your graveyard. Exile Entombing Wish.

I miss "traditional" reanimator strategies where you just cheat out big guys with no way of hardcasting them, and hate having to devote deck slots to same.

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

Big Flying Moose
    W
    Creature- Moose
    Flying
    Whenever Big Flying Moose deals combat damage to a player, you may gain a gajillion life.
    1/1

I don't think there's enough cards with the word "gajillion" in them.
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    Big Flying Moose
    W
    Creature- Moose
    Flying
    Whenever Big Flying Moose deals combat damage to a player, you may gain a gajillion life.
    1/1

I don't think there's enough cards with the word "gajillion" in them.
    Needs Shroud.

The Courage Wolf
    Sep 2007
    Tucson, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin Snowman View Post
    Needs Shroud.
    Or haste.

Amen, brotha.
    Aug 2009
    Bamberg / Franconia / Bavaria / Germany

Quote Originally Posted by chokin View Post
    Or haste.
    Nah. Both.

The Courage Wolf
    Sep 2007
    Tucson, AZ

I think we need a revamp of this then.

Big Little Nothing
    Artifact
    Split Second
    Flash
    As ~ comes into play, you gain a gajillion life.
    "You are now playing YuGiOh"

Noachide'
    Aug 2009
    Dongying, China

Wow, 10 pages and the only good card is the Zombie Lackey.

How about for Vintage:

Who says the Internet isn't full of <3?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandr View Post
    MMogg, I love you more and more.
    Quote Originally Posted by menace13
    MMogg is already loved any place he goes.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by chokin View Post
    And a Zombie Lackey is too OP. First turn, Swamp, Dark Rital, Thoughtseize Lackey, Lackey?
    Except Zombie Lackeys would be 1/1 vanilla beaters without any Zombies in your graveyard - unless you plan to use Thoughtseize on yourself (which is a horrible plan).

But it's nice to see so many people like my design.

Hostile to humans

Mar 2008
    Moscow, Russia

This one will make me superhappy:

Forgotten Hero
    Legendary Creature - Spirit Soldier

Flash, Shadow

When Forgotten Hero enters the battlefield, exile target permanent. Return that permanent onto the battlefield at the beginning of the end step.

2/1
    Also, YES for white Matron/Recruiter!

Sergeant Recruiter
    Creature - Human Soldier

When Sergeant Recruiter enters the Battlefield, search your library for a Soldier creature card with power less than or equal to the number of Soldier permanents you control, reveal it and put it in your hand. Then shuffle your library.

2/2
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.

2224 players? Count me there!
    Sep 2006
    Rio de Janeiro

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Except Zombie Lackeys would be 1/1 vanilla beaters without any Zombies in your graveyard - unless you plan to use Thoughtseize on yourself (which is a horrible plan).

But it's nice to see so many people like my design.
    This card's design is really very good. Simple, elegant, flavorful and functional. It's the kind of design this thread needs the most, niche cards to pay off clearly defined roles.

Some of the last posts made me think about some way to push this kind of black graveyard strategies a little. Putrid Imp uses to be the basic tool of choice in this kind of strategy, complemented by targeted discard like Cabal Therapy or Raven's Crime, but it's a big waste of a precious resource to spend a Therapy on yourself, without any kind of step benefit. A card that I would play all day in these decks, but that will never see print (as it would push these strategies over too much, and completely demolish any mulliganed hand) is:

Puncture Throb B
    Sorcery (C)
    Each player discards two cards.

Can you imagine how nuts a card like this would be in Reanimators, Dredges or Recurring Zombies? It may even be inferior to Careful Study or Putrid Imp in some aspects, but would fit a Reanimator manabase much better than Study, and would complement or substitute Imps, Therapies and Crimes, exchanging some flexibility for more focus, speed and power. What makes Reanimator a Legacy archetype is its possibility of a turn 1 discard outlet, turn 2 reanimation spell, but FoW totally invalidates the entire strategy. A new card like that would punish the FoW player very deeply, push other answers (StP, Inoccent Blood, Tormod's Crypt, Extirpate, Chain of Vapor, etc) and promote a new genre of Rock/Paper/Scizors schema (FoW decks would win over CotV decks, that win over Reanimator decks, that win over FoW decks, for example). Perhaps a version discarding just one card, or costing one more mana, could see print and play somewhere, but for Legacy purposes, I think it would be a little too weak...
    Tapping lands and watching the sky falling since 1995.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    FeFe Team - Fame, girls and Mox Diamonds
    AHHHHHHH MULHEK!!!!

Elen Síla Lúmenn Ommentielvo!

Aug 2009
    Finland

Artificer Apprentice
    Artifact Creature - Vedalken Artificer

Whenever you cast an artifact spell, draw a card.

1/1

Some power to bring affinity back, and maybe spawn some new interesting decks.

Artificer Apprentice

1/1

Im pretty sure this will spawn new decks all the way from vintage to standard, and im even more sure that they wont be interesting (since grossly overpowered)

2224 players? Count me there!
    Sep 2006
    Rio de Janeiro

Quote Originally Posted by Hiis View Post
    Artificer Apprentice

1/1

Some power to bring affinity back, and maybe spawn some new interesting decks.
    Ouch!

Don't you think a boost of -3 mana is a little too much for this effect?
    Tapping lands and watching the sky falling since 1995.
    FeFe Team - Fame, girls and Mox Diamonds
    AHHHHHHH MULHEK!!!!

Elen Síla Lúmenn Ommentielvo!

The Courage Wolf
    Sep 2007
    Tucson, AZ

Oh snap, I thought that the Zombie Lackey was just a Zombie version of Lackey. After finding it, that'd be awesome. You could do silly things with it still. It'd be interesting to see a reanimator effect from dealing damage.

@ SilverGreen - Delerium Skeins is 2B for each player discarding 3. I think to be more appropriately costed, it'd have to be BB or 1B. It'd still allow for Swamp, Dark Ritual, Mutual-Discard, Lackey.

Outside of Bear Aggro, I'd like to see less tribal too. A funny thing is, there are some people in my area that think they're oh so clever to build their own tribal decks. It's literally "all the lords" and some big cheap creatures of the same tribe.

Faerie Princess U

Creature - Faerie

Flying

Faerie creatures you control have Exalted

1/1

Faerie Vampires UB

Creature - Faerie Vampire

Flash, Flying, Death Touch

When this creature comes into play, target player reveals his or her hand. Choose a creature card from it. That player discards that card.

1/1

Faerie Squadron 2U

Creature - Faerie Soldier

Flash, Split Second, Flying, Shroud

3/1

Fertile Sliver UG

Creature - Sliver

All Slivers have, "When this creature comes into play, draw a card."

2/2
    Quote Originally Posted by wastedlife View Post
    Breathweapon, I regret saying this but ... I've been liking you more and more every day.

Quote Originally Posted by MEATROCKET View Post
    Fixed Fanatic - - 1/1 Goblin

Whenever Fixed Fanatic is put into your graveyard from the battlefield, it deals 1 damage to target creature or player.

: Sacrifice Fixed Fanatic.
    This fanatic is better at being sacked than the original one (skull clamp, two draw two cards deal one damage). The only other weird interaction would be replacement effects like leyline of the void, but I don't think you would get voluntarily hosed with that in any deck playing fanatics.

Thread Information