V V SEXY! V V
    Feb 2004
    NOVA!

Re: Cards you'd like to see WotC print for Eternal reasons

Quote Originally Posted by HdH_Cthulhu View Post
    This shouldnt be a forest or have "other forests..."

4UU Hyperclone
    Legendery Clone
    Hyperclone has all abilitys of all creatures in play.
    3/6
    It could say other forests, but it's purpose is to combat land destruction, which I think it would suck at if it was able to be stopped by land destruction. It's gotta have the forest type so it can be fetched in response to a waste.

As for that hyperclone it should only copy like activated abilities or something, cause what if you like clone a tarmogoyf and a sutured ghoul? Does it now have like multiple powers and toughnesses (btw you could accomplish that at one point in time and it may have in fact been the most bad-ass thing of all time).

RawR Bitch
    Sep 2007
    Norwich, CT

Quote Originally Posted by Humphrey View Post
    I think this thread shouldnt a discussion one ;)
    but blue ssg woul be broken, just because it would be to much free mana with the other ssg´s

and it makes turn0 stifle/brainstorm possible
    I honestly see nothing wrong with t0 bs or stifle. As much as I hate getting my fetch stifled it would add another cool thing to do on your opponents turn. Instead of monkey blast (simiian spirit guide + reb) it would be faerie blast or something along those lines.
    Co-Founder of Team Awesome - I heard Randy Buehler say a while back that good players give themselves the most number of turns to find the answer.
    The Source on MTGO - Predator8785 and RockOut
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    Women come and go, turn one protection is forever.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Pitch Stifle
    Instant
    You may remove a green card in your hand from the game rather than pay Pitch Stifle's mana cost.
    Counter target activated or triggered ability.

Green should get some better combo hate and blue has already enough Stifle effects (plus, countering abilities was green before). The mana cost is cheap enough to be able to normally cast it, but the pitch part prevents early game sillyness on part of your opponent.

2224 players? Count me there!
    Sep 2006
    Rio de Janeiro

Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    No, your mom's bed is crowded enough as it is.
    Not really. I don't know if it's the kind of thing your mom's used to, I don't know her, don't know you, and have no clue of how many other guys crowd hers or your bed, but it isn't the case with mine, thank you.
    Tapping lands and watching the sky falling since 1995.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    FeFe Team - Fame, girls and Mox Diamonds
    AHHHHHHH MULHEK!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------
    Elen Síla Lúmenn Ommentielvo!

..sry, whut? ◔̯◔
    Jan 2008
    Germany

How about

Counterpot ---
    Artifact
    Whenever an opponent casts a spell, you may look at the top three cards of your library, then put them back in any order. If you do, reveal the top card of your library. Counter that spell if it has the same converted mana cost as the revealed card.
    Tap: Draw a card, then put Counterpot on top of its owner's library

but seriously.

Id like to see Senseis Top banned, followed by the release of:

Urzas Magical Top
    Fading 4
    1: Look at the top three cards of your library, then put them back in any order.
    Tap: Draw a card, then put Urzas Magical Top on top of its owner's library.
    Got tired of Legacy and you like drafts? Try my Paupercube What?

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Pitch Stifle
    Instant
    You may remove a green card in your hand from the game rather than pay Pitch Stifle's mana cost.
    Counter target activated or triggered ability.

Green should get some better combo hate and blue has already enough Stifle effects (plus, countering abilities was green before). The mana cost is cheap enough to be able to normally cast it, but the pitch part prevents early game sillyness on part of your opponent.
    We approve.
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

Jul 2004
    College Station, TX

Quote Originally Posted by Humphrey View Post
    Id like to see Senseis Top banned, followed by the release of:

Urzas Magical Top
    Fading 4
    1: Look at the top three cards of your library, then put them back in any order.
    Tap: Draw a card, then put Sensei's Divining Top on top of its owner's library.
    That doesn't work at all....Where would the Sensei's Divining Top come from? Do you keep it in a special zone, because it's banned and can't be in the maindeck or the sideboard?

How is that any different than Sensei's Divining Top? How often would Fading 4 make any difference?
    InfoNinjas

..sry, whut? ◔̯◔
    Jan 2008
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by AngryTroll View Post
    That doesn't work at all....Where would the Sensei's Divining Top come from? Do you keep it in a special zone, because it's banned and can't be in the maindeck or the sideboard?
    sorry, just copy pasted. now its correct.

How is that any different than Sensei's Divining Top? How often would Fading 4 make any difference?
    It stops stalling games with Top in the long run. Thats the only reason why Top should be banned. Maybe u need to remove the draw option, too.

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

....sooo before fading runs out, they just put it on top of their library for a turn? That'll change everything.

I would like a Force of Will for green. It'll make all my dreams come true.

I get no love for my busted-ass creation?

The Holy-Fuck-Stick
    Legendary Artifact

, Sacrifice *this*: Draw a Card
    , Sacrifice *this*, pay 3 life: H-F-S deals 5 damage to target creature or remove up to 5 loyalty from target planeswalker
    , Sacrifice *this*, discard a card: Destroy target artifact or enchantment
    As far as the art, I was thinking they could just get Anson Maddocks, Richard Kane-Ferguson, and Mark Tedin together, lock them in a conference room, and then feed them space cookies and blast heavy metal at them until they collaborated on something awesome.
    Bless your heart, we must consider Blue/White Tempo's strategy and win percentages in an entirely different deck thread. -4eak

V V SEXY! V V
    Feb 2004
    NOVA!

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDemonKn1ght View Post
    I get no love for my busted-ass creation?

As far as the art, I was thinking they could just get Anson Maddocks, Richard Kane-Ferguson, and Mark Tedin together, lock them in a conference room, and then feed them space cookies and blast heavy metal at them until they collaborated on something awesome.
    It would be very broken, partly because it would give good artifact and enchantment removal to every color. But why is the second ability worded so awkwardly? Couldn't you just say 5 damage to target creature or planeswalker?

Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
    It would be very broken, partly because it would give good artifact and enchantment removal to every color. But why is the second ability worded so awkwardly? Couldn't you just say 5 damage to target creature or planeswalker?
    Don't you have to actually target the damage at a player and then re-direct it to the planeswalker? I may be remembering the rules wrong. But the main thing is I was trying to avoid it being able to deal damage to players, because I wasn't trying to make it quite "p9 busted," just "busted as all hell."

I guess in order for this to be anywhere near fixed, the artifact/enchantment destruction cost would have to be even more prohibitive than 3 mana and 2-for-1 yourself. Really though, this wouldn't do anything that Powder Keg or Nevinyrral's Disc can't already do... It would just be a hell of a lot more precise (and quicker) in doing it.

EDIT: ...I want to toot my own horn for a minute for making it legendary though. I think this is a clever nod to the fact that it would be super-prevalent, because if you try to just leave it on the board to threaten the opponent, they can come along and blow yours up for the cheap just by playing their own copy. But then, you could just sac it for free and cantrip, which would let their copy onto the board rather than destroying both of them through the legendary rule. I think that's pretty chill, because it adds a little complexity to something that would otherwise just be retardedly overpowered and easy to use in nearly any deck, but not very interesting (looking at you, Tarmogoyf).
    Bless your heart, we must consider Blue/White Tempo's strategy and win percentages in an entirely different deck thread. -4eak

Feb 2006
    Boston

I think something like this would be cool:

Shifting Maze
    Land
    Shifting Maze doesn't untap during your untap step.
    T: Add 2 to your mana pool.
    Landfall - When a land enters the battlefield under your control, untap Shifting Maze.

Maybe have it CIPT or deal you damage or do something bad when it taps. Just to be safe, it seems pretty busted right now.

Maelstorm energy X
    Instant - tribal
    Changeling
    For each red mana spent playing Maelstorm energy deal one damage to target creature.
    For each blue mana spent playing Maelstorm energy draw a card and discard a card
    For each white mana spent playing maelstorm energy prevent one damage to target creature or player
    For each Black mana spent to play maelstorm energy Target opponent loses a life and you gain a life.
    For each green mana spent on Malestorm energy Target creature gets +2/+2

Its a very strong but very balanced spell. Its great in any deck playing blue, red or heck any colors and its a fair X spell in every respect.

Edit: also I would like to see acadamy ruins/stronghold for enchantments a fair amount as not having it annoys me.

also

Shifting Maze
    Land
    Landfall - When a land enters the battlefield under your control, untap Shifting Maze.

Maybe have it CIPT or deal you damage or do something bad when it taps. Just to be safe, it seems pretty busted right now
    This and the sac acadamy land made me go LoL wut? realisticaly it would have to be something like discard a card to tap for 2, and CIPT. and the acadamy land is possibly as broken as the most broken land ever printed because you can play two without a freeking crop rotation!
    I c h o r i d - my anti blue
    Manaless Ichorid- At least its cheeper than standard.
    We admit for the sake of the exercise that following is true:
    Landstill > Fromat
    Non-Basic Hate > Landstill
    Basics > Non-Basic Hate
    We can therefore logically conlude that
    Basics > Format

i want to see red elemental, blue elemental, pyro and hydro blasts all reprinted to even the score for red and blue in standard . Also id like to see another solid counterspell like just plain counterspell reprinted cancel just seems too weak.

Etherium is limited. Innovation is not.
    Aug 2006
    Columbus, OH

I liked the exile target permanent for blue/white mentioned earlier, but I think, given the fact that we already have Vindicate, Maelstrom Pulse, and Oblivion Ring, that this wouldn't be *too* broken.

Hanna's Embrace
    1UW
    Instant
    Exile target nonland permanent. It's controller gains life equal to its converted mana cost.

I'd also like to see a tri-colored badass in UGB, since we have Rhox in UGW, Doran in BGW, and Thoctar in GRW, to name a few.

Treefolk Monstrosity
    UGB
    Treefolk Wizard
    Trample
    At the beginning of your upkeep, Treefolk Monstrosity deals 1 damage to you.
    5/5

Pretty badass.

Also, a fishy UWB guy would be cool too...

Syrna, Mage of Destiny
    UWB
    Legendary Creature - Human Wizard
    When Syrna, Mage of Destiny comes into play, you may destroy target permanent. If you do, you may draw a card.
    1/1

Pretty badass.

..sry, whut? ◔̯◔
    Jan 2008
    Germany

not a big difference to doran. might be even worse
    make it 4/4 intimidate

Etherium is limited. Innovation is not.
    Aug 2006
    Columbus, OH

not a big difference to doran. might be even worse
    make it 4/4 intimidate
    5/5 Trample for 3 seems pretty good.

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

This thread has officially surpass Jack's tolerance for "I want them to print stupidly powerful cards" threads.

I say ye Boo-urns.
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

Quote Originally Posted by Jaynel View Post

Shifting Maze
    Land

Maybe have it CIPT or deal you damage or do something bad when it taps. Just to be safe, it seems pretty busted right now.
    Even shocking you would be too good. This turn one, any land turn two, and suddenly you've got six mana on turn three? I don't think so, Tim.

EDIT: Fetches would break this thing in half. I'd gladly take eight damage to be able to drop seven tokens into play off Martial Coup on turn three (and kill the other guy's Goyf while I'm at it). That seems totally fair.

EDIT 2: This, a fetch, and Dark Ritual = turn two Tombstalker.

And in other news, this thread has turned into a pile of wishful thinking and ridiculous, degenerate brokenness.

Oh, and on further reflection my guy should be 2/2 or 2/1. Three power for three mana and nigh unkillable seems a wee bit much.

Thread Information