Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Storming to Second Place - Eli's 10/17/09

Hybrid View

Bryant Cook

Storming to Second Place - Eli's 10/17/09

Last edited by Bryant Cook; 10-11-2020 at 07:03 PM.

Touch the sky

May 2008
    Lisboa, Portugal

Re: Storming to Second Place - Eli's 10/17/09

Nice report. How many players were there for you to recieve 150 for getting second?

Ur tears of nerdrage taste so sweet to me.
    Feb 2008
    Do not care.

Grats mate, mimi tendrils ftw like always!
    @post above: 40+*
    Team Legal Actions.

Leroy Rochester
    Jun 2004
    Cabrini–Green

Your game three vs. Bant was simply amazing. Congrats on another impressive finish.
    My only dream is that yours never come true.
    "People played violin as the Titanic sank. Tomorrow they will play Green Day songs with plastic keytars as their Hoovervilles burn."

Aug 2006
    Hudson Falls, NY

Nice report, I wasn't there which probably contributed to your success but good job nonetheless.

Confound these ponies, they drive me to Brony.
    Nov 2007
    Rittman, OH

Good work man, glad to see TES still putting down numbers!
    Men yet not comprehending their stick in the scheme of the prey-on-prey ballet of ending day
    My eBay Auctions (art alterations! I FIXED THE LINK) - http://shop.ebay.com/yawg07/m.html

Tom MacDonald
    May 2007
    Stoughton, MA

Congrats Bryant, excellent report as always!
    Team Hammafist
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Arzar View Post
    What kind of fucked-up, drug-laden, alternate universe of faerie rape does this guy live in?

Rapin' your villages, Burnin' your women
    Dec 2008

You sir, have go to be the luckiest storm combo player ever. Every report there are at least 4 games that end in "rip card X off the top to win!" Congrats on the finish.

Jan 2009
    Plateau, Montreal

I have to say congrats on your 2nd place finish. Like GetSickAndDie mentioned, "EPIC" game three against Bant. Ripping wins like that make me love the deck.

The only questions I have are concerning the SB plans you made against Merfolk and Ultimate Walker. What was the reason for siding out Mystical Tutors as opposed to the regular BS and Ponder? Why did you keep the 4th Mox in against Ultimate Walker?

Bryant Cook

Quote Originally Posted by BackDr0p View Post
    I have to say congrats on your 2nd place finish. Like GetSickAndDie mentioned, "EPIC" game three against Bant. Ripping wins like that make me love the deck.

The only questions I have are concerning the SB plans you made against Merfolk and Ultimate Walker. What was the reason for siding out Mystical Tutors as opposed to the regular BS and Ponder? Why did you keep the 4th Mox in against Ultimate Walker?
    Because I don't like to board out initial mana sources when I'm boarding out IGG. Mystical Tutor is weak. There's no singletons that you need to fetch against blue decks. Brainstorms and Ponders are better for stabilizing and sculpting your hands.

You meet the nicest people on a Honda
    Dec 2003
    Fredericksburg, Va

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook View Post
    Game Two: I keep a hand of Burning Wish, Burning Wish, Dark Ritual, Rite of Flame, Orim’s Chant, Gemstone Mine, City of Brass.

He plays a Gaddock Teeg

I chant, it get’s forced.
    o rly?
    Quote Originally Posted by nitewolf9
    I can show up whenever I vomit off my hangover and get rid of the passed out females who's naked bodies will be sprawled out all over my condo. Oh wait, I'm engaged. FUCK.

Well in that case I can be there at like 2 then, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmTheBestEver View Post
    I built my car with my bare hands. It has 32 engines and 17 gas pedals so I can go extra-turbo fast. I sold it for a million dollars and then stole it from the guy using my super computer that can hack into any car in the world as long as I built it. Now I speed down the highway listening to Bruce Springsteen at max volume and flipping off other drivers.

What are regrets?

dci 99991594
    Jan 2006
    leicester, MA

Quote Originally Posted by Obfuscate Freely View Post
    o rly?
    Oops, to be fair i did get off work at 11, got 3 hours sleep, drove almost 300 miles to get there, and was running off an empty stomach, caffeine pills, and hatred for state troopers...

The rules god fixed the mistake with that ridiculous game 3...
    Survival of the Fittest
    Enchantment
    , discard a creature card: Do whatever the fuck you want.
    :D

Legacy Staple
    May 2008
    Citizen of the world.

Game One: I open with Chrome Mox, Burning Wish, Lotus Petal, Dark Ritual, Rite of Flame, Dark Ritual, Burning Wish. He opens with Tundra, go. I draw a City of Brass. I play City of Brass, Dark Ritual, Dark Ritual, Chrome Mox (Imprint: Burning Wish), Rite of Flame, Lotus Petal, Burning Wish, Empty the Warrens. Empty the Warrens gets there.
    You would have lost either to Spell Snare or Fow in there, but also EE, Wrath of God. What kind of fucking Landstill was it? And most of all, does anyone in your area play fucking White Stax or fucking Dragon Stompy? You'd get crushed by them.
    However, it's amazing how reading your reports you open perfect hands, opponents never have counters when you go off protection-less (well, almost), and it seems in general that TES is really consistent. Of course, as soon as i try it out by myself i open 2-chrome mox lands or -really- shitty 7s, which makes me abandon the deck. I'm beginning to think that you can recognize your cards from their thickness (being all of them foil) and somehow stack them to always draw killer hands . Or you're just the biggest lucksack eva, and you only can play the deck. Well, i'll take the second.

...But still, cogratulations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastorofmuppets View Post
    you just want us to do that because of your Silences, you sly dog.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Avatar of kicks_422's creation and property

3-point-shooter

Feb 2006

CONGRATULATIONS!

Quote Originally Posted by Piceli89 View Post
    You would have lost either to Spell Snare or Fow in there, but also EE, Wrath of God. What kind of fucking Landstill was it? And most of all, does anyone in your area play fucking White Stax or fucking Dragon Stompy? You'd get crushed by them.
    However, it's amazing how reading your reports you open perfect hands, opponents never have counters when you go off protection-less (well, almost), and it seems in general that TES is really consistent. Of course, as soon as i try it out by myself i open 2-chrome mox lands or -really- shitty 7s, which makes me abandon the deck. I'm beginning to think that you can recognize your cards from their thickness (being all of them foil) and somehow stack them to always draw killer hands . Or you're just the biggest lucksack eva, and you only can play the deck. Well, i'll take the second.

1. Wrath of God couldn't matter turn1 EtW tokens and many landstill builds are without Spell Snare. The probability of not having any FOW (4 total) in the opening 7 and not having any EE in the opening 9 (3 total) is 36%. Bryant did lose that round.
    2. Not expecting Stax and Stompy builds belongs to the metagame knowledge. Obviously 2 Deathmarks have served him strictly better than 1 Shattering Spree and 1 Hurkyl's Recall.
    3. I was amazed by Bryant's luck in some of his earlier reports. This time, however, it appeared to be fair enough. I had the feeling that Bryant intentionally tested Diminishing Returns which turned out to be rather mediocre. It seems that unless knowing the opponent capable of dealing with EtW tokens, EtW is a preferable wish target than Diminishing Returns, regardless of the floating mana. Bryant, would you agree on that?
    4. I am as curious as you are on Bryant's secret techs. However, if there were any, it would always be kept confidantially.

Jun 2008
    Central NY

You would have lost either to Spell Snare or Fow in there, but also EE, Wrath of God. What kind of fucking Landstill was it?...
    It was the normal kind :P. To be fair it was the first turn of the game so I had no land in play for Snare or CS, unfortunately no force in hand, and I didn't draw an EE. ...14 turn 1 goblins kills you faster than Wrath of God can come down.

Congratz on the finish, I told you you'd get there anyway.

Bryant Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Parcher View Post
    Don't forget the whole "never playing through Counterbalance" part either. But hey, way to smack around Zoo.
    Thanks. I'm very proud.

I don't think there was any counterbalance decks even there. I didn't see any where I was sitting anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Obfuscate Freely View Post
    o rly?
    For sure. I should've caught that.

1.) I didn't know it was Landstill from Tundra go. But hey, you've got to roll some dice sometimes. I assumed it had Force, but he didn't.

2.) There was a Stax Variant there played by Norm (Braves bunch of numbers - he's a mod). But I don't run into bad match-ups.

3.) What can I say? I'm awesome. Also, I did my fair share of mulliganing in this event (twice to five, twice to six). I don't always open perfect hands.

4.) As for being lucky, try harder. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pharmacist View Post
    Bryant your a fuck head. I don't get any props for giving you a ride home when your own team left you at Elis. Don't ask me for a ride ever again.
    You charged me 10$.

I charged you $10 because you won. I didn't charge Di any money, but thanks for paying for my gas. Lol

Trying to trade into power!!!
    Hit me up if you have any unlimited power that isn't creased. Maybe we can make a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pharmacist View Post
    I charged you $10 because you won. I didn't charge Di any money, but thanks for paying for my gas. Lol
    Completely random, but that reminds of the end of a Magic game night at a friends' house 5-6 years ago. I was very tired and didn't want to go home by foot (plus winter, cold, etc), so I asked said friend if he could drive me home. Of course he didn't want to, but to get on my nerves and test me he added he would do it if I would pay him 20 euros. A few minutes later, I agreed. He was a bit baffled but immediately added "and you're gonna have to pay me before, smarty". To which I said okay and handed him the 20 euros.

He spent the whole trip (only like five minutes, but still) giggling about how he couldn't believe I caved and so on. Then he dropped me in front of my place, and I turned back and added "BTW, say thanks to your parents for the 20 euros". He then realized I had paid him with some of the money his parents had left for him in the living room for the weekend.

I'll forever cherish the memory of his face realizing he went out of his comfy warm house at 5 AM just so he could give me a nice free ride home and then head back like a champ, and the pleasure I felt having so simply yet so beautifully outnailed him. Ha ! Serves him right for trying to be a bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    140x Relentless Rats
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Bleiweiss
    I wish that Wizards would have just gone ahead and done away with the Reserved List entirely. It is nothing but a blight on the game and one that long outlived its purpose. [...] I am wholeheartedly in favor of getting rid of the Reserved List and reprinting higher-dollar staple cards from EDH and Legacy. Pete Hoefling the owner of StarCityGames.com agrees with my point of view as well.
    - Ben Bleiweiss, SCG General Manager, Feb 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook View Post
    Thanks. I'm very proud.

I don't think there was any counterbalance decks even there. I didn't see any where I was sitting anyway.
    I 2-0'd what was probally the only counterbalance there in round 1 so you didn't have to play against it. :)

Everybody's a jerk! You, me..........this jerk.
    Jan 2006
    DuPont Circle

I have to give a huge shout out to EPIC for attempting to ditch Bryant. Try harder next time.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    Look, I will suck your dick. I will suck your fucking dick. I will do it, just join my team. I’ll suck your dick. You can fuck me or get fucked by me. You can watch me fuck something. Just point at something, I’ll fuck it for you. Just tell me what you want me to fuck!
    ~ Team Unicorn Motto

Thread Information