Page 105 of 105 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105
Results 2,081 to 2,099 of 2099

Thread: [Deck] UW Tempo

Jan 2013
    Rome

Re: [Deck] UW Tempo

Quote Originally Posted by Sturtzilla View Post
    Agreed. This list belongs in the New and Developmental Section. It does not appear to be tuned at all. You have a tempo game plan, a SFM package, and a combo all jammed into the same deck. It looks to me like you are going to get an awkward draw just about every time.... the deck needs 1 identity not 3.
    Ok sorry then,i thought tempo game plans these days were considered including SFM packages pretty commonly . What is different are just 6 cards for the combo package and the counterless part. I thought comments in the thread about small variations were allowed. My fault , i will test it before and bring results before writing again.
    cheers

EDIT: its probabily more similar to an U/R delver with white splash

Jan 2013
    Ontario, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by guybrush3 View Post
    its probabily more similar to an U/R delver with white splash
    There is an existing thread for URW Delver, I would look there for ideas and deck lists.

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...531-UWR-Delver
    Pox
    Imperial Painter
    Team America

Tap 2, Standstill. Good?
    Jul 2010
    Somewhere in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by guybrush3 View Post
    happy? ....
    i posted it here cuz it ended to be a very similar uw tempo deck without counters and with an emrakul pack. I don't thing it need further explanations unless u are a complain guy like u are...
    I'm not complaining, I'm just pointing out that you clearly have no idea what you talking about.
    Are you into Jazz? Have a look at the Lp's I have for sale on Discogs!

My cat's name is Tarmogoyf!
    Dec 2010
    Franklin, PA; Cleveland, OH

It has been awhile since there has been any discussion in this thread. What do you guys think of working True-Name Nemesis into the Vaporblade list? I think it could be really strong. Anyway this is what I was considering.

Maindeck-60
    4 Delver of Secrets
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    2 Snapcaster Mage
    4 True-Name Nemesis
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    4 Daze
    4 Force of Will
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Batterskull
    4 Vapor Snag
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    4 Flooded Strand
    2 Scalding Tarn
    2 Misty Rainforest
    4 Tundra
    2 Glacial Fortress
    3 Island
    1 Plains
    1 Karakas

Sideboard-15
    2 Surgical Extraction
    3 Spell Pierce
    2 Flusterstorm
    2 Disenchant
    3 Jotan Grunt
    1 Oblivion Ring
    2 Submerge

Flusterstorm and Spell Pierce are nearly identical so the board may require some work. It also might be nice to work Spell Pierce into the maindeck. Probably need some testing to figure these things out. Looking forward to your thoughts!

Site Contributor

Mar 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA

Alternatives to Vapor Snag:
    -celestial flare
    -unexpectedly absent

I think UAbsent especially is a strong choice, as it can generate tempo thanks to its potential for a Time Walk effect. It's also great in that it hits everything, not just creatures. Admittedly, WW is a bit awkward to hit, but in a straight UW list you can afford to run some basics. Maybe splash volcanic or seas for sideboard options.

@Sturtzilla

I like your list a lot. I am pondering the following sideboard.

3 RIP (VS deathrite and goyf ---i understand it makes snap caster worse)
    2 Pithing Needle (for sneak attack, top, Liliana of the Veil, and Jace)
    1 sword of feast and famine (for combo and control)
    4 Spell Pierce (for combo and control)
    2 Disenchant (needed for TNNstoneforge decks, mud, and control)
    2 Vendelion Clique (subs in for 2 TNN against control and combo)
    1 Venser Shaper Servant (Show and Tell and Combo)

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

If you are making a straight UW tempo list with all of the actual cards instead of crap like fathom seer, wouldn't you just emulate the other successful tempo decks of our day and run stifle/wasteland alongside delver/stoneforge? You lose the red for reach but you do gain the ability to run basic lands, hello back to basics, which would let you play a misers jace in addition to your three drops.

The biggest pain would be the loss of another strong one drop but for all intents and purposes you just play snapcaster and up the curve a little...

4 delver
    4 stoneforge
    4 snapcaster
    2 nemisis/geist(he just hits so hard)

4 ponder
    4 brainstorm
    4 swords
    4 force
    4 daze
    4 stifle
    1 jace
    1 batterskull
    1 jitte
    1 sword of xy

4 wasteland
    Other lands

This seems like the winning formula for delver right now.

P.S. I would also think about trimming snapcaster and finding a card that did not care about rest in peace...
    Last edited by lavafrogg; 12-07-2013 at 04:34 AM.
    "eggs... why'd it have to be eggs"

I posted this in the wrong thread before I was directed here. I just saw a list win a small tournament that has been running a list similar to me. I started playing UW because I'm not 100% sure why adding red to the deck makes it much better. Running 2 colors gives us a much more solid mana base. We lose access to bolt and REBS/lavamancers out of the sideboard... but the only thing a bolt can hit that swords or path can is life total and planeswalkers. Honestly, I've never once bolted a planeswalker. It's been pointed out to me that maindeck verdicts arent really tempo... so I have updated my list to be:

4 Delver of secrets
    5 TNN/Geist of saint traft (some combination- i'd prefer 3tnn/2gost)
    4 Stoneforge Mystic

4 Force of Will
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Batterskull
    1 SoFaI
    3 Stifle
    2 Spell pierce
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    4 Daze

2 Island
    1 Plains
    1 Karakas
    4 Wasteland
    4 Flooded Strand
    2 Scalding tarn
    2 Marsh Flats
    3 Tundra

sideboard

1 path to exile
    3 Meddling Mage
    2 Submerge
    1 Spell pierce
    2 Vendilon clique
    3 rest in peace
    1 Grafdiggers Cage
    1 Manriki Gusari
    1 Flusterstorm

I have also been considering a sideboard with with some sort of e tutor with helm package since I am already running the RIP's.

Glad to see this moved out of the archive despite zero activity for quite a long time.

What can be considered since it was last updated? Council's Judgment? Unexpectedly Absent?
    Supreme Verdict not exactly a tempo card but clears Eldrazi and just about everything else nicely if you play around Thought-Knott.

The last list actually looks pretty good but I question the SoFI, Ponder, and Geist as threats. Maybe question TNN also. Could some number of Curse Catcher/Judge's Familiar be worthwhile? I was a big fan of Spiketail Hatchling back in the day.

I used to run Jotun Grunt and was always a HUGE fan of this card. It may be ever more applicable today than in the past.

I'm hoping that there is still reason to discuss this deck instead of just saying "play x version of stoneblade".
    I have the feeling that this strategy is pretty good right now and I will be playing it/brewing for a more metagame-applicable list.
    "I made a Redguard that looks like Kimbo Slice. He wrecks peoples' shit. And dragons." - Bignasty197

Dec 2015
    NB, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by ironclad8690 View Post
    If you're running Probes, maybe Monastery Mentor would be a better fit than maindeck Meddling Mages. The mages could be moved to the SB. I haven't tested this, just an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious Insanity View Post
    If you're running Probes, maybe Monastery Mentor would be a better fit than maindeck Meddling Mages. The mages could be moved to the SB. I haven't tested this, just an idea.
    Or use both? Monastery Mentor seems great in this deck.
    "I made a Redguard that looks like Kimbo Slice. He wrecks peoples' shit. And dragons." - Bignasty197

Dec 2015
    NB, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Octopusman View Post
    Or use both? Monastery Mentor seems great in this deck.
    Possibly, but I'm not sure there's room for both creatures. The deck is already running a somewhat low number of instants/sorceries to flip Delver naturally, so I wouldn't cut those. The only thing else to cut would be creatures but again I wouldn't want to cut any of the mainstays (Delver, SFM and TNN). The only flex slots to me are the Meddling Mages.

Administrator

Sep 2009
    Vienna, AT

The "Nogoyf"/UW Tempo I used to play was a creature-based aggro-control list with small creatures that grew dangerous due to strapping a Jitte onto them. It also feature Weather Wayfarer as its signature card-advantage engine. I'm of the opinion that Delver of Secrets can't work in that environment, since it would mandate to up the count of instants and sorceries considerably to become effective.

Now, if someone were to create a deck they want to call "UW Tempo" (it's a pretty terrible generic name, unfortunately) that doesn't have anything to do with the original creators' list's spirit, we should definitely create a new thread for discussing that.

i'm trying this version is more death & taxes oriented but it gives me good sensations on playtesting

4 Swords to Plowshares
    4 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    4 True-Name Nemesis
    4 Mother of Runes
    3 Meddling Mage
    3 Phyrexian Revoker
    3 Vendilion Clique
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Batterskull
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    2 Flickerwisp
    4 Wasteland
    4 Flooded Strand
    3 Tundra
    3 Rishadan Port
    2 Island
    1 Cavern of Souls
    2 Plains
    1 Arid Mesa
    2 Karakas
    4 Ęther Vial

//Sideboard
    SB: 3 Disenchant
    SB: 3 Flusterstorm
    SB: 2 Mirran Crusader
    SB: 2 Rest in Peace
    SB: 2 Ethersworn Canonist
    SB: 2 Containment Priest
    SB: 1 Manriki-Gusari

New teferi stops miracles like terminus...possible inclusion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

So this deck is very good now with Lurrus.
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

It's Julian went 5-0, https://youtu.be/CSgMgSH8Wvg.

Winter Maze

Administrator

Sep 2009
    Vienna, AT

A pity I'm not going to get to play with this, it seems. UW Tempo is such a sweet deck - but without an engine of pure bustedness, there's no way it will be competetive, esp. given that conjuring up Wastelands has grown rather weak over the last few sets.

Thread Information