Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [EDH] Vorosh, the Hunter

Nov 2004
    Portland, Oregon

[EDH] Vorosh, the Hunter

I've been tuning and tweaking my Vorosh deck for EDH (U/g/b) for a while now and thought I'd get some community feedback on some of my card choices.

The deck is pretty much U/g control with a black splash for some extra removal and multi-player cards. When I get bored, I'll probably drop the black splash for white. Most of the black cards have equal (or better) functional replacements in white, plus I'll get marginally better mana (Obelisk of Bant, Seaside Citadel, Bant Panorama) and be able to open up Alara block, which has some great cards for EDH. For now though, Vorosh it is (my favorite color combo).

I should note that I have this deck sleeved up and ready to go, it's not a just on paper. Other than getting a few must-haves (like Damnation and Verdant Catacombs), I don't plan on picking up anything that costs more than $3-4 or so for now (so no Watery Grave or Overgrown Tomb), but if it's awesome, I'll add it to my Want List.

A lot of care has been taken to balance spell vs. creatures, mana curve, colored mana requirements, etc. so I'd rather not make large changes without revamping things (mainly the mana).

Cards that I'm not 100% on get a "?" Cards listed in blue/brackets are cards that that I plan to add in place of the cards not in brackets.

So, what am I missing and what changes would you make?

GENERAL

Vorosh, the Hunter

SPELLS

(X Spells)
    Engineered Explosives
    Hurricane
    Skeletal Scrying

(CMC: 1)
    Ancestral Visions
    Berserk
    Ponder [Whispers of the Muse]
    Rancor
    Skullclamp
    Sol Ring
    Stifle [Innocent Blood]

(CMC: 2)
    Dimir Signet
    Golgari Signet
    Simic Signet
    Counterspell [Tidings]
    Copy Artifact
    Diabolic Edict
    Regrowth
    Seal of Primordium
    Sylvan Library
    Twincast

(CMC: 3)
    Infest [Damnation]
    Jace Beleren
    Krosan Grip
    Pernicious Deed
    Putrefy
    Sword of Light & Shadow
    Thunderstaff (?)
    Timetwister

(CMC: 4)
    Fact or Fiction

(CMC: 5)
    Mind’s Eye
    Misdirection

(CMC: 6)
    Mindslaver

CREATURES

(CMC: 1)
    Cosi’s Trickster

(CMC: 2)
    Abyssal Gatekeeper
    Nezumi Graverobber
    Sakura Tribe-Elder
    Willbender
    Withered Wretch
    Yixlid Jailer

(CMC: 3)
    Eternal Witness
    Fleshbag Marauder
    Isao, Enlightened Bushi [Clone]
    Kira, Great Glass-Spinner (?)
    Lorescale Coatl
    Old Man of the Sea
    Plaxcaster Frogling (?)
    Trinket Mage
    Trygon Predator

(CMC: 4)
    Filth (?)
    Forgotten Ancient
    Mystic Snake
    Wickerbough Elder
    Wonder

(CMC: 5)
    Acidic Slime
    Genesis
    Morphling (?)
    Mulldrifter
    Shriekmaw
    Vesuvan Doppelganger

(CMC: 6)
    Arcanis, the Omnipotent
    Rampaging Baloths [Multani]

LAND

Tropical Island
    Breeding Pool
    Simic Growth Chamber
    Underground Sea
    Dimir Aqueduct
    Bayou
    Golgari Rot Farm
    Flooded Strand
    Misty Rainforest
    Polluted Delta
    Scalding Tarn
    Terramorphic Expanse
    Windswept Heath
    City of Brass
    Rupture Spire
    Lonely Sandbar
    Minamo, School at Water’s Edge
    Oboro, Palace in the Clouds
    Remote Isle
    Snow-covered Island
    Tolaria
    Tolaria West
    Okina, Temple to the Grandfathers
    Snow-covered Forest
    Treetop Village
    Shizo, Death’s Storehouse
    Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    Academy Ruins
    Strip Mine
    Volrath’s Stronghold
    Maze of Ith
    2 Island
    3 Forest [Pendelhaven, Llanowar Reborn]
    2 Swamp [Urborg]

DECK STATS

Mana Curve:
    1 cc: 8
    2 cc: 16
    3 cc: 17
    4 cc: 6
    5 cc: 8
    6 cc: 3
    x cc: 3
    Average Casting Cost: ~2.98

Card Type Distribution:
    General: 1
    Spells: 32
    Creatures: 29
    Land: 38

Colored Cost Distribution:
    Blue: 34
    Green: 25
    Black: 14
    Colorless: 10

Colored Mana Distribution:
    Blue: 22
    Green: 19
    Black: 16
    Colorless: 3
    Lands that Don’t Produce Mana: 1
    Total Mana Sources: 42

Cards to Get/Test:

Chainer’s Edict (*)
    Civic Wayfinder
    Clone (*)
    Damnation (*)
    Decree of Pain
    Demonic Tutor
    Exotic Orchard
    Garruk Wildspeaker
    Gifts Ungiven
    Innocent Blood (*)
    Imperious Perfect
    Kodama’s Reach
    Llanowar Reborn (*)
    Master of the Wild Hunt
    Multani, Maro-Sorcerer
    Oblivion Stone
    Oversold Cemetery (*)
    Patagia Viper
    Pendelhaven
    Primal Command
    Profane Command
    Scute Mob
    Skeletal Vampire
    Stuffy Doll
    Tidings (*)
    Urborg
    Verdant Catacombs (*)
    Vesuva
    Voidslime
    Wall of Roots
    Whispers of the Muse

(Cards in "*" are highest on my list to get.

Re: [EDH] Vorosh, the Hunter

I don't plan on picking up anything that costs more than $3-4 or so for now (so no Watery Grave or Overgrown Tomb), but if it's awesome, I'll add it to my Want List.
    The filter lands from Shadowmoor/Eventide have fallen to about this price range. They're pretty strong, arguably stronger here than the shock-lands.

http://magictraders.com/cgi-bin/quer...=0&operator=re

(If this is meant for 1v1, let us know.)

Ponder is pretty bad, but so is Whispers. Use neither.

In multiplayer, 1-for-1s are terribly underpowered, so stuff like Counterspell <<< Desertion, Draining Whelk etc. At the VERY least change Counterspell to Hinder, which fucks people's generals up. Or Dissipate.

Speaking of fucking with people's generals, Spitting Image is like the #1 reason to have blue and green in your deck. You need that.

Is there a defensible reason you're not running Rhystic Study? there's a bunch of 'staple' cards I'm not seeing, like Solemn Simulacrum, etc. Too conformist for you? Also, Opportunity is awesome, definitely better than Tidings and probably better than Skeletal Scrying (although there's no reason you couldn't run both).

Cosi’s Trickster: why? Random mid-size beater, and that's best-case scenario, blahhhh.

I don't like the signets at all, ever. They're very bad with your Deed, and people play shit like Disk and O.Stone all the time. I much prefer the CIP land-accelerators like Farhaven Elf, who aren't undone by a sweep. Even Rampant Growth is better than signets. Farseek even gets your duals, and Nature's Lore will do it untapped! The suspend one from Time Spiral is strong also.

Also, Coiling Oracle is super-good.

Steal Enchantment can be a good one. Nothing like taking that Debtor's Knell for yourself.

Even with Urborg Tomb of Yawgmoth in the deck, Filth seems poor. I don't see Survival or Buried Alive or any way to force him in the yard, either - and Timetwister and Yixlid Jailer to counteract him!

A Reliquary Tower would do you good. Cut City of Brass, you have a billion duals at your disposal, no need to take 5-10 damage.

Lastly, Gifts Ungiven is banned, so don't bother testing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    Matt, basically everything you said turned out to be true.
    TeamReflection || noitcelfeRmaeT

My MOTL sale list

Nov 2004
    Portland, Oregon

With all of the searching involved with Gifts and how that slows games / annoys opponents, I didn't plan on running it, just didn't feel like getting called out on "where's Gifts." Good to know that it's banned.

Also, yeah, the deck is for multi-player (not 1:1); I tried to keep the 1:1 cards at a minimum since they're basically card disadvantage in a group; for instance, I planned on CSpell -> Tidings, but Draining Whelk is better if I want to keep the functional slot.

No good reason on not running Rhystic Study, except that I didn't want to draw too much fire from around the table; I do love that card.

The rest of your suggestions are good (Coiling Oracle was on my short list but got cut for looking too weak, it's probably not); Cosi's Trickster is there for something to do when people are searching their libraries (not a good defense); Steal Enchantment is something I should definitely add; I'll think about the rest later.

Thanks, Matt!

Plays green decks
    Nov 2006
    Portland

Cut
    Engineered Explosives
    Ponder
    Rancor
    Seal of Primordium
    Thunderstaff
    Cosi's Trickster
    Isao
    Kira
    Old Man
    Filth
    Wonder
    Lorescale Coatl

Add
    Sensei's Divining Top
    Hinder
    Dissipate
    Future Sight
    Maelstrom Pulse
    Cryptic Command
    Dismiss
    Intuition
    Mystical Teachings
    Opportunity
    Tidings (leave Counterspell in)
    Woodfall Primus

I would do this. The decks at Other Worlds (I hope this is where you plan to bust this out ) range from terrible to crazy good, so running a few counters so you don't get blown out by a Drain Life or Living Death is good. Some cards are just weak for Multiplayer so adding more CA instead of Ponder and more removal in place is the weaker creatures is better imo. I also like the Skullclamp so focusing on that a little more with mana elves, Solemn Simulacrum, etc could be good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5iMkph_SRw

^That could help.

I plan on going to Other Worlds this Sunday for te first time in a while to play some EDH at least. You should come. I have a Verdant Catacombs and Tidings (and maybe a few more little wants) that you can borrow/trade for. Good luck on the deck.

Nov 2004
    Portland, Oregon

Cool; I'll be there. EDH starts at 1, right?

Thanks for the link.

Plays green decks
    Nov 2006
    Portland

I just checked and it's at noon.

Going off of your list in the other thread, I'm not sure about some of your choices. Copy artifact? I know the format's full of busted things, but it seems like that would more often than not just turn into an opponent's signet or something.

Also, are you trying to go aggro? 'Cause Garruk is an excellent overrun (if you are, in fact, trying to win the game by turning sideways) that isn't just for making your creatures dumb.

Also, you're not running nearly enough acceleration. I feel like maybe our playgroup has overdone that a bit (turns one through three are pretty much spending time growing mana, 'scept for the excellent "Plains, Ismaru" from ol' white weenie), but you really can't not play Farseek and Reach (and maybe Explosive Vegitation).

And, you should be running more basic lands.
    The E.P.I.C. Syndicate: I mean, if they play a lullaby for babies they should at least play the Monster Mash when somebody dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbig View Post
    If I see you in NY/I'll send you an invite/You gon' need a pass/That's the code that we live by.

Nov 2004
    Portland, Oregon

Since poked by Zach, I should give an update. Matt, basically everything you said turned out to be true.

I was able to get all three Signets into play and they were all destroyed. Not in an evil, vengeful sort of way ("Because you [did that thing to me], I'm going to get you back"). Nope, more like, "Hmm, what do you have over there? Oh. I'll nuke that." Two Signets died to an Aura Shards, another to some random CIP red effect.

So:
    3 Signets -> Armillary Sphere, Darksteel Ingot, Coiling Oracle

Jak was able to trade me a Rhystic Study (foil), Spitting Image, Draining Whelk, Tidings + something else before the event.

Rhystic Study was bonkers and drew me a billion cards. Thankfully, the effect isn't mandatory, since I was concerned I was going to be too much of a target drawing fistfuls of cards because of it. Maze of Ith really fucked me, so I added a Crop Rotation in place of Rancor.

One card I found to be awesome, from an opponent, was Whispersilk Cloak. I was able to get that + a nice dark-bordered Demonic Tutor (from the new B vs. G theme deck) from the store credit I got from getting 3rd w/ Chalice Still.

So:

? -> Demonic Tutor
    SoLS -> Whispersilk Cloak

I have a Farseek and could certainly add that. Garruk is something I should be running.

Favorite recent play being stealing an opposing Creekmore Liege w/ Old Man, copying it w/ V Doppelganger and attacking for a lot w/ Vorosh.

Here's the updated list:

“Vorosh” (for Elder Dragon Highlander)
    by Bardo

General
    Vorosh, the Hunter

Spells
    Hurricane
    Skeletal Scrying
    Ancestral Visions
    Berserk
    Crop Rotation
    Sensei’s Divining Top
    Skullclamp
    Sol Ring
    Stifle [Innocent Blood]
    Armillary Sphere
    Counterspell
    Copy Artifact
    Demonic Tutor
    Diabolic Edict
    Regrowth
    Seal of Primordium
    Sylvan Library
    Twincast
    Infest [Damnation]
    Darksteel Ingot
    Jace Beleren
    Krosan Grip
    Pernicious Deed
    Putrefy
    Rhystic Study
    Timetwister
    Whispersilk Cloak
    Fact or Fiction
    Liliana Vess
    Mind’s Eye
    Misdirection
    Tidings
    Mindslaver
    Spitting Image

Creatures
    Cosi’s Trickster [Scute Mob]
    Coiling Oracle
    Nezumi Graverobber
    Sakura Tribe-Elder
    Tarmogoyf (post-surgery, after the dog ate it)
    Willbender
    Withered Wretch
    Yixlid Jailer
    Eternal Witness
    Fleshbag Marauder
    Kira, Great Glass-Spinner
    Lorescale Coatl [Garruk Wildspeaker]
    Old Man of the Sea
    Trygon Predator
    Trinket Mage
    Forgotten Ancient
    Mystic Snake
    Wickerbough Elder
    Wonder
    Acidic Slime
    Genesis
    Morphling
    Mulldrifter
    Shriekmaw
    Vesuvan Doppelganger
    Arcanis, the Omnipotent
    Draining Whelk

Land
    Tropical Island
    Breeding Pool
    Simic Growth Chamber
    Underground Sea
    Dimir Aqueduct
    Bayou
    Golgari Rot Farm
    Flooded Strand
    Misty Rainforest
    Polluted Delta
    Scalding Tarn
    Terramorphic Expanse
    Windswept Heath
    City of Brass [Flooded Grove]
    Rupture Spire
    Lonely Sandbar
    Minamo, School at Water’s Edge
    Remote Isle [Vesuva]
    Snow-covered Island
    Tolaria
    Tolaria West
    Snow-covered Forest
    Treetop Village
    Urborg
    Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    Academy Ruins
    Strip Mine
    Volrath’s Stronghold
    Maze of Ith
    2 Island
    3 Forest [Llanowar Reborn, Overgrown Tomb]
    1 Swamp

Aug 2009
    Seattle, WA

honestly i think that you should find a way to keep loresale coatl in the deck. It has the potential to become the biggest creature on the board, and if your opponent doesnt have an answer for it they will die as it just grows and grows bigger.
    Favorite Card: Dark Depths

Quote Originally Posted by umbowta View Post
    Nah, more like OJ Simpson being an expert on collectibles and leather gloves. Tiger was just suffering the ill effects of a golf club to the dome.

Nov 2004
    Portland, Oregon

Yeah, I love Lorescale. Do you have any suggestions on what I should cut Garruk then?

In general, if anyone has a card recommendation, please give me an idea on what I should drop for the card(s).

Jan 2009
    Plateau, Montreal

I don't understand why Lord of Extinction isn't in your list? He has the potential to become ridiculously huge. He's in the same league as Scute Mob and Coatl, but is an immediate threat to the board. The only drawback is its lack of evasion. Luckily you have wonder for that.

Another suggestion would be Culling Scales. It combines itself wonderfully with SDT. It's a controlled Mini-Smokestacks. Until you regain board position and drop a fatty to win it.

EDIT:
    Bloodghast + Skullclamp = Stupid Broken

EDIT2:
    Where is Crystal Shard (Even though it doesn't work w/ Kira)? You play with a bunch of CIP-effect creatures, but don't have anything to reuse them with. Shard + M. Snake. Shard + Coiling Oracle. Shard + Mulldrifter. Shard + ... You get the picture.
    On top of that you can save your critters from removal.

Stand by for thorough!

Hurricane
    Do you really have to burn out fliers that often? They just made one that's an instant and doesn't damage you. Unless you're using it as a burn spell.
    Berserk
    I hate hate hate 2-or-more-for-1s, and you don't run enough permission to risk it, in my most humble opinion. This seems like it'd lead to plenty of those. Or it's just overkill. None of your guys are even impressive with it (unless you added Primus while I wasn't looking). Permanent pumps are way better (or a removal spell or another counter).
    Armillary Sphere
    You don't run enough basics. You need to run more. This is a good card, but you (unless you affect the changes I'm suggestion) don't have enough basics to support it.
    Copy Artifact
    I'm not sure this is super good, but the format is full of artifacts that I, as a Qualified Mental Retardation Professional, would call retarded. I can see it, but I don't dig it.
    Twincast
    Eh. I'm used to Wild Ricochet, though, so I guess this might be ok. Like a standard player (pre-alara) trying to explain that Condemn is pretty good, just not as good as Swords.
    Timetwister
    Do you really need a draw 7 that'll give everybody else seven? It's actually a legitimate way to recur stuff in your yard for a blue deck, but I don't dig it. I feel like opponents will benefit more from it than you, which is the exact reason that I dropped Wheel from my aggro decks with red.
    Misdirection
    Yawn. Although it's Wild Ricochet syndrome all over again. Losing cards SUCKS; I'd suggest Deflection or whatever from Ice Age et al. Especially if your group isn't super cutthroat; you'll almost always have the time to pay four (or it'll be forgiving enough for you to live through whatever spell you'd like to dodge).
    Mindslaver
    Mean. Horrible. Cut it. Not fun for EDH at all. I play all kinds of mean cards, but this isn't one that I'd EVER use.
    Spitting Image
    I guess it kills generals and is cute with CIP effects, but five (it's five, right?) is a bit much. And you don't have a Loam or Crucible to negate the loss of land drops.
    Scute Mob
    Really? Just a big old beater? Can't you do better? It's not like curves matter at all after turn four in this format. You can find a better card for turning sideways than a 1/1 who gets bigger with a delayed triggered ability.
    Tarmogoyf
    See above, only make more fun of it. Goyf is good, but not so good that you should run it in this format. If you're looking for dumb beaters I'd hit up Lord of Extinction or Spritmonger.
    Old Man of the Sea
    Run shackles. It'll be just as good at stealing dorks and will occasionally nab giants (but only if you add more basics. See where I'm going with this?).
    Wonder&Genesis
    I don't see a way to pitch them. Add Survival? You play enough creatures to support it, I reckon.
    Morphling
    Hey Dan! Did you hear about this thing called new combat rules? They suck a bunch. And make your shifty friend pretty freaking horrible.
    Arcanis, the Omnipotent
    If you aren't playing a way to cheat mana out early (man, I'm SO good at laying the foundation to get you to play mana dorks)(but only like Farhaven Elf and Wood Elves, not like "I tap for mana" elves.) he's awful lackluster. And a dangerous guy for your opponent to Desertion. Not that that's a good reason to not run something, but you should think about it.
    City of Brass/Flooded Grove
    I run a five color deck and City of Brass is on my chopping block. You can run better fixing (or acceleration that'll also fix your mana) than this.
    Rupture Spire
    A Vivid Creek (I feel like that's the blue one) is better than this 'cause you can top on your turn or keep two blue up on turn three or whatever. Spire is good, but I don't even run it in my full-o-mean EDH deck. Which is five colors and MEAN.
    I cannot think of a reason that you'd run this other than that you have a foil or something. Run an Island.
    Tolaria
    Island!
    If you played more than like... two (with Arcanis, who doesn't turn sideways like that) legends I'd be down with it. Otherwise it's just a forest that can be Blood Mooned or Back to Basics'd or wastelanded (although that's a piss poor wasteland target). I'd run a forest, but this is the best of your bad lands. (ha! I made it sound like you were running a mountain swamp!)
    Treetop Village
    Meh. I see that it's cool that he tramples, but it messes with your mana early game and doesn't do much late game (I suppose you can't run Monastery in your colors, so it's ok that you're running it. Like, I don't like it. But I can't tell you not to. But you don't play Loam or Crucible so it's kinda unimpressive insofar as being a good blocker/et cetera.) Keep it if you want, but I don't like it.
    Good, but I'd like more swamps (duh) and it'd be better if you had more legends, but this is head and shoulders better than stupid Okina.
    Urborg
    This one is more useful than Tolaria, I guess. But still should only be here because you have a cool black bordered one.
    Cycle lands
    No loam to make them better. Run an Opportunity or something and then maybe cut them for CIPT lands that do more. Like... anything more.
    The E.P.I.C. Syndicate: I mean, if they play a lullaby for babies they should at least play the Monster Mash when somebody dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbig View Post
    If I see you in NY/I'll send you an invite/You gon' need a pass/That's the code that we live by.

Spitting Image is some good with Eternal Witness.
    Magic Level 3 Judge
    Southern USA Regional Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by frogboy View Post
    Battle with a ragtag crew of adorable misfits. Narcomoeba and Golgari Thug hook up before the end of the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    Please be less rambling in your next post. I only bothered with figuring out what the fuck you were trying to ask because I took it as a challenge.

Bryant Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Tartell View Post
    Zach's Post
    Welcome to Syracuse EDH! WE PLAY FOR KEEPS.

Aug 2010
    Philippines

HI All:

I have tried this list with Vorosh as the general and a control shell:

General: Vorosh the Hunter

Lands: 35

Underground Sea
    High Market
    Scalding Tarn
    Terramorphic Expanse
    Lonely Sandbar
    Tranquil Thicket
    Verdant Catacombs
    Temple of the False God
    Phyrexian Tower
    Tolaria West
    Academy ruins
    Reliquary Tower
    Strip Mine
    Watery Grave
    Underground River
    Tropical Island
    Yavimaya Coast
    Overgrown Tomb
    Misty Rainforest
    Golgari Rot Farm
    Simic Growth Chamber
    Sunken Ruins
    Twilight Mire
    Flooded Grove
    Polluted Delta
    Forest x 3
    Swamp x 3
    Island x 3
    Llanowar Wastes

ramp: 12
    everflowing chalice
    krosan tusker
    yavimaya elder
    farhaven elf
    sakura-tribe elder
    rampant growth
    kodama's reach
    cultivate
    explosive vegetation
    life from the loam
    darksteel ingot
    skyshroud claim

draw: 8
    coiling oracle
    muldrifter
    inspiration
    deep analysis
    harmonize
    stroke of genius
    blue sun's zenith
    sensei's divining top

removal/sweepers:8
    putrefy
    malestrom pulse
    nevinryal's disk
    pernicious deed
    damnation
    decree of pain
    duplicant
    indrik stomphowler

control:14
    glen elendra archmage
    mystic snake
    rewind
    deprive
    pact of negation
    hinder
    scattering stroke
    perplex
    counterspell
    cryptic command
    trickbind
    dissipate
    cancel
    force of will

tutors/recursion: 11
    mystical tutor
    fabricate
    beseech the queen
    vampiric tutor
    merchant scroll
    mystical teachings
    genesis
    eternal witness
    recollect
    restock
    reclaim

beaters: 2
    simic sky swallower
    wurmcoil engine

utilities/others: 9
    clutch of the undercity
    elixir of immortality
    sword of feast and famine
    clone
    bribery
    seedguide ash
    tormod's crypt
    time warp
    time stretch

explanation on some card choices:
    tormod's crypt- can be tutored by either tolaria west and fabricate. can be recurred by academy ruins
    elixir of immortality - for VERY long games
    scattering stroke - Mana Drain is WAY expensive
    reclaim - faster than regrowth
    life from the loam - easily tutored and most likely will not be countered
    bribery - makes use of other people's creeps
    sword of feast and famine - untapped lands with a full hand grip is intimidating
    blue sun's zenith - once used, it will be back for more..

things I'm currently pondering upon:
    1.replacing seedguide ash/clone with phyrexian metamorph
    2.using primeval titan - makes drawing lands less but I do not know what to replace it with
    3.using loxodon warhammer/lightning greaves - same as 3 and not in synergy with nevs disk
    4.using mindbreak trap - for uncounterable stuff like OBLITERATE
    5. replacing beseech the queen with demonic tutor. obviously

I've also tried rhystic study before but it gets weaker in the long run

Not playing Bant
    Oct 2010
    Rockwall, Texas

Rhystic Study is one of those cards that is an auto include in any blue deck. It does get weaker as time goes on, so you should run Phyrexian Arena as well. I feel like you need to run Acquire as well because it is game-breaking. Primeval Titan is good, but I like Grave Titan better. If you play mostly multiplayer, I suggest Lighthouse Chronologist. I run very few creatures in my Vorosh deck, so sometimes I leave myself wide open. This led me to add Propaganda. It seems bad when you look at it, but it really helps stabilize. You absolutely need Lightning Greaves in this deck. Having Vorosh Condemn'd is awful. Recently, I decided to run Praetor's Counsel and it was fantastic. I suggest Krosan Grip somewhere here as well. These off the top of my head. More later.
    Asylum EDH: Foil or go home.

Aug 2010
    Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by Bignasty197 View Post
    Rhystic Study is one of those cards that is an auto include in any blue deck. It does get weaker as time goes on, so you should run Phyrexian Arena as well. I feel like you need to run Acquire as well because it is game-breaking. Primeval Titan is good, but I like Grave Titan better. If you play mostly multiplayer, I suggest Lighthouse Chronologist. I run very few creatures in my Vorosh deck, so sometimes I leave myself wide open. This led me to add Propaganda. It seems bad when you look at it, but it really helps stabilize. You absolutely need Lightning Greaves in this deck. Having Vorosh Condemn'd is awful. Recently, I decided to run Praetor's Counsel and it was fantastic. I suggest Krosan Grip somewhere here as well. These off the top of my head. More later.
    Thanks.I replaced Rhystic study with pulse to address the planeswalker issue. I've been playing 1 on 1 recently but will add Rhystic or phyrexian back, and find a space for greaves. Praetor's counsel and lighthouse chronologist seems broken in multiplayer.

I've been playing this deck for the better part of a year. When it started it looks somewhat like the deck in the first post and this is what it morphed into. I did use it to win a pod at a Star City event that resulted in me getting a Volcanic Island for another deck. I like it.

CMC 1

Sol Ring
    Library of Leng
    Vaampiric Tutor
    Nihil Spellbomb
    Green Sun's Zenith
    Sensei's Divining Top
    ponder
    Brainstorm
    Elixer of Immortality
    Thran Foundry

CMC 2

Back to Nature
    Scroll Rack
    Lim Dul's Vault
    Demonic Tutor
    Black Sun's Zenith
    Vampire Hexmage
    Diabolic Edict
    Sylvan Library
    Regrowth
    Mana Drain

CMC 3

Yavamaya Elder
    Krosan Grip
    Capsize
    Blue Sun's Zenith
    Trinket Mage
    Forcefield
    Crucible of Worlds
    Voidslime
    Sudden Spoiling
    Yawgmoth's Will
    Eternal Witness

CMC 4

Glen Elandra Archmage
    Last Word
    Vedalken Orrery
    Natural Order
    Mindbreak Trap
    Induce Paranoia
    Venser, Shaper Savant
    Damnation
    Mystic Snake
    Garruk Wildspeaker
    Brooding Saurian
    Cryptic Command

CMC 5

Vesuvan Doppelganger
    Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir
    Seedborn Muse
    Acidic Slime
    Liliana Vess
    Beacon of Unrest
    Primal Command

CMC 6

Primeval Titan
    Duplicant
    Draining Whelk

CMC 7

Avenger of Zendikar
    Akroma's Memorial
    Tooth and Nail (but honestly, this is really a 9 drop)

CMC 8

Praetor's Counsel
    Terastodon

CMC 10

Kozilek, Butcher of Truth

LANDS

Underground Sea
    Tropical Island
    Bayou
    Breeding Pool
    Watery Grave
    Overgrown Tomb
    Maze of Ith
    Flooded Strand
    Windswept Heath
    Marsh Flats
    Misty Rainforest
    Verdant Catacombs
    Polluted Delta
    Volrath's Stronghold
    Dark Depths
    Vesuva
    Reflecting pool
    Reliquary Tower
    Strip Mine
    Winding Canyons
    Wasteland
    Tolaria West
    Island x 5
    Urborg Tomb of Yawgmoth
    Cabal Coffers
    Swamp x 4
    Gaea's Cradle
    Forest x 5

Aug 2010
    Philippines

Nice!! What were the decks you faced? Ever considered adding the new cards from "Commander(devour for power)" in your list?

Quote Originally Posted by aljiichiban View Post
    Nice!! What were the decks you faced? Ever considered adding the new cards from "Commander(devour for power)" in your list?
    I have the deck but my son is playing with it so I can't strip out any of the cards I want yet. I faced Mayael, Oona and Rafiq. I did have the Leyline/Helm combo in there at the time but took it out because its just too dickish.

Thread Information