Thread: Titania-Plug

Titania-Plug

Deck is not viable after testing this deck is way weaker to tempo.deck than dark.depth is.
    While titania + orcish is good against some stuff this might be dangerOfCoolThings.

First list :

2 Taiga
    4 Wooded Foothills
    1 Dust Bowl
    1 Windswept Heath
    1 Plateau
    4 Forest
    4 Thespian's Stage
    3 Dark Depths
    1 Mishra's Factory
    1 Maze of Ith
    1 Dryad Arbor =25

4 Orcish Lumberjack
    4 Carpet of Flowers
    1 Veteran Explorer
    4 Green Sun's Zenith

3 Pyroblast
    1 Red Elemental Blast

1 Reclamation Sage
    1 Gaddock Teeg

4 Sylvan Library
    2 Sensei's Divining Top

4 Titania, Protector of Argoth

4 Crop Rotation
    4 Expedition Map

SB: 4 Krosan Grip
    SB: 4 Slaughter Games
    SB: 1 Bayou
    SB: 1 Bojuka Bog
    SB: 1 Scavenging Ooze
    SB: 2 Pyroclasm
    SB: 2 Sulfur Elemental

After some tests I have concluded that not playing vampire hexmage is wrong, so i decided to cut into 4 carpet of flowers and 2 top 1 mishra.
    I think the advantages over classic depth is orich lumberjack into titania beats lot of fair decks, and orcish into slaughter games is gamebreaking against combo.
    Also when game is stalled and you can't kill with the combo titania changes that nicely.
    The fact that you don't play needle is counterbalanced by the fact that if they don't waste titania can come from nowhere winning the game.
    Also there is a vulnerability to submerge (that see less and less play though)

4 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    2 Taiga
    4 Wooded Foothills
    3 Forest
    2 Windswept Heath
    1 Plateau
    1 sejiri steppe
    4 Thespian's Stage
    4 Dark Depths
    1 Maze of Ith
    1 Dust Bowl
    4 Vampire Hexmage
    1 Dryad Arbor
    4 Expedition Map
    4 Crop Rotation
    4 Pyroblast
    4 Sylvan Library
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    1 reclamation sage
    3 Titania, Protector of Argoth
    4 Orcish Lumberjack
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    SB: 4 Slaughter Games
    SB: 4 Krosan Grip
    SB: 1 Bojuka Bog
    SB: 1 Golgari Charm
    SB: 1 Toxic Deluge
    SB: 2 Pyroclasm
    SB: 1 Scavenging Ooze
    SB: 1 Bayou
    Last edited by adrieng; 06-13-2015 at 09:38 AM.

Re: Titania-Plug

Quote Originally Posted by adrieng View Post
    I have built a new deck which seems to do very well against most of the field (exception of elf and storm).
    It is based on blue hate maindeck (4 carpet of flowers +4 reb/pyro maindeck) included in a dark depth deck
    which can also ramp into titania.

There are different ways to ramp into it you can go either carpet/lumberjack/veteran explorer.
    The dark depth combo was included cause it gives so much power to the deck and lots of decks are cold to it.

The omni show matchup is bad game one, but the 4 off slaughter games and 4 krip solves that nicely.
    Slaughter games can be hardcasted turn 2 and at worst turn 3, can't be countered and is gg against omni.

The miracle matchup is correct game one, and very good after side.

Blue based tempo decks are easy like for darkdepth.deck in general but you have the tools to go beatdown in case of surgical and such.

Death and taxes is really esay after side, titania is a beast here.

jund is ok.

the only "problems" are storm, elf and reanimator but it doesn't really matter cause everything else is favorable.
    That actually kind of does matter because, what you're telling us, is that essentially:

Your deck is a complete dog to all forms of combo G1. Do you really expect to win all of your G2s *and* G3s?

And if you haven't noticed, Elves, Omnitell, Storm, and Reanimator comprise a significant portion of the metagame right now. It's not really a good place to be in Legacy if your deck doesn't have a strong G1 against these decks.

That actually kind of does matter because, what you're telling us, is that essentially:

Your deck is a complete dog to all forms of combo G1. Do you really expect to win all of your G2s *and* G3s?

And if you haven't noticed, Elves, Omnitell, Storm, and Reanimator comprise a significant portion of the metagame right now. It's not really a good place to be in Legacy if your deck doesn't have a strong G1 against these decks.
    Yeah I know combo is about 30 % of the field. I have dedicated hate against omni and it should be overall favorable.

As for elves it is a bad matchup but i don't expect to see a lot of them with miracle and omni around.

Strom and reanimator are winnable but not favorable something like one win of 2/3 match out of 3.5

Quote Originally Posted by adrieng View Post
    Yeah I know combo is about 30 % of the field. I have dedicated hate against omni and it should be overall favorable.

As for elves it is a bad matchup but i don't expect to see a lot of them with miracle and omni around.

Strom and reanimator are winnable but not favorable something like one win of 2/3 match out of 3.5
    So against Omnitell, you're basically conceding G1, then relying, in *both* G2 and G3, on drawing at least one of only four sideboarded cards, then having 2G open when they combo, and then killing them before they can find another Show and Tell?

I mean, you basically have to just smash everything non-combo to begin to justify that kind of concession vs. combo. And then why aren't you just playing R/G Lands, which probably has an even stronger game vs. the non-combo field?

So against Omnitell, you're basically conceding G1, then relying, in *both* G2 and G3, on drawing at least one of only four sideboarded cards, then having 2G open when they combo, and then killing them before they can find another Show and Tell?
    I have 4 reb maindeck + 4 gsz for gaddock + often a turn four kill. It happens to win game one, though it is not good I agree.
    After side I don't rely on krosan grip (not the best hate I have) I rely on slaughter games with turn one gsz/orcish/carpet which is a turn 2/3 kill for me in an uncounterable manner.

I need some more testing for the miracle matchup, I crushed some dudes on cockat ; but on an other way get also crushed by some players.

EDIT :

Library should be a four off, courser is danger of cool things doesn't do enough to me.

- 2 top -1 courser +3 library might see how it works.

also you don't need the four dark depth you have wy to make it come back from grave with titania and it doesn't produce mana +2 added map -1 windswepth (I was often flooded) -1 dark depth
    Last edited by adrieng; 06-08-2015 at 03:20 AM.

Thread Information