Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Counter-Rebel Still

Oct 2010
    Germany

Re: Counter-Rebel Still

Resolved Eplague is usually gg :/... My meta doesn't involve eplague much though. I think people are right about not playing it, becaurse isn't good enough vs volk, but great against goblins(which i haven't seen since MM).
    I will test Stoneforge and see how good it actually is. It provides another win option too.

I always like playing off-the cuff decks and this looks really fun. Ordered a bunch of cards to build and test. I'll post intial decklists and something more polished over the next few weeks. I didn't even think about Children of Korlis as recurring defense/life. Nice tech. Also I did not see this mentioned, but don't forget you can sac Children of Korlis to remove bridges from dredge!! So it's good for storm and dredge.

Oct 2010
    Germany

So after a little testing(replaced swords with MM and 3 Daze with 2 Counterspell and 1 more recruiter). I think MM will stay. I'm not so sure about counterspell though. I miss swords a little bit. Daze was good but not great.
    Did someone test the Stoneforge package? I'm curious about sword of feast and famine, is it the best sword for rebels?

Jun 2010
    Germany

what do you think of cutting Force of Will? We have very few blue cards to pitch anyway. GP Providence was won by a Bant deck without FOW

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

I wouldn't fully cut FoWs. I would cut Daze first I would cut FoWs. Maybe run 2-3 instead.
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Jun 2010
    Germany

Hey guys, wanna try Rebels soon again.
    My list would go with 2 Stoneforges and 2 Equips, and 4 Mental Misstep, maybe Counterspells in spell pierce/whatever slot like preddi suggested.

Question: Is the Enlightened Tutor Sideboard still good? Or do you run it? With MentalMs around now.
    Or would you prefer a controling sideboard with Canonists/Meddling Mages & Peacekeepers?

Played this deck in testing for an evening. Vs Tier 1/2 decks and it was abyssmal! I dismantled it already. :(

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Prkchpsndwiches View Post
    Played this deck in testing for an evening. Vs Tier 1/2 decks and it was abyssmal! I dismantled it already. :(
    Good for you.
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    sure
    stupid cocksucker

Oct 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Prkchpsndwiches View Post
    May i ask which decks did you test against?

I played my list at our local tournament this saturday. Was around 36 people. I went 3-2-1. Lost against Maverick 1-2. One game i never found one blue mana source in 12 turns and the second game loss was against jitte/mindcensor/mother of runes board. Which i think i could have won, but i messed up. Second loss was against 4 color control with deed/humility/standstill. He simply had too much going on in both games.
    I won against Aluren, G/R aggro and Dredge. The draw was against some R/w aggro with goblin guide/stoneforge mystic with lots of spot removal. I could have won this game, but i boarded Big Game hunter out and got suprised by batterskull (well he resolved 3 Phyrexian revoker naming sergeant, Lin Sivvi and Mirror Entity in Game 3, sadly i never drew one of my 4 Swords to plowshares even with just 18 cards left in my library, which would have won me the game).

But it was fun to play it again :D. Finish was 10th place.

*edit: All games that i lost involved enchantments or equipments of some sort. I'm currently think about adding some outs against this stuff to my list. Any suggestions?

Jun 2010
    Germany

you could always run Disenchant or Seal of Cleansing

Quote Originally Posted by preddi View Post
    May i ask which decks did you test against?

I played my list at our local tournament this saturday. Was around 36 people. I went 3-2-1. Lost against Maverick 1-2. One game i never found one blue mana source in 12 turns and the second game loss was against jitte/mindcensor/mother of runes board. Which i think i could have won, but i messed up. Second loss was against 4 color control with deed/humility/standstill. He simply had too much going on in both games.
    I won against Aluren, G/R aggro and Dredge. The draw was against some R/w aggro with goblin guide/stoneforge mystic with lots of spot removal. I could have won this game, but i boarded Big Game hunter out and got suprised by batterskull (well he resolved 3 Phyrexian revoker naming sergeant, Lin Sivvi and Mirror Entity in Game 3, sadly i never drew one of my 4 Swords to plowshares even with just 18 cards left in my library, which would have won me the game).

But it was fun to play it again :D. Finish was 10th place.

*edit: All games that i lost involved enchantments or equipments of some sort. I'm currently think about adding some outs against this stuff to my list. Any suggestions?
    I lost to Merfolk, Hive Mind, PainterStone, and a mono green NO deck, a mono green Pattern of Rebirth deck (I even spellshaped an Emrakul!), Reanimator and Standstill. The games I won were due to floods/screws on my opponents end. The deck is just too slow.

Oct 2010
    Germany

Well i admit the deck is a little slow without TG but from my experience the deck performs not that bad. I think its even favored against merfolk. Sure it depends on draws and lists though. Against combo decks like hive mind and painter i think its close to optimal because you run lots of counters. Cards like wasteland don't help there either. Don't get me wrong, this deck is not a real topdeck but it performs well out of surprise :)
    I'm considering adding Stoneforge to this deck now. Still thinking what i can cut. Another adaption to my current meta is replacing spell pierce with daze again, because of the recent rise of maverick decks.

Jun 2010
    Germany

My meta is full of Maverick decks, so I will probably set my Rebels aside until the meta changes. Even if I'd add Stoneforge Mystic the chance to win against them is low. Sure you can equip a Defiant Falcon for the win...but they got so much utility and every card is powerful against us, especially GSZ/Pridemage/A.Mindcensor/Batterskull/Jitte/SFM. Oh and StP/Path to Exile.
    Last edited by Alexeezay; 06-21-2011 at 10:42 AM.

Oct 2010
    Germany

Well i get your point. Maverick is a strong deck, but i think the only cards that really hurt are mindcensor and jitte (with mother support). Batterskull and pridemage are not that scary with BGH (if mother is not around).
    My problem atm is that my other deck options are merfolk and affinity. I think merfolk can steal wins against maverick, but the overall chances seem to be lower than the chances of my rebel list. Dunno about affinity though.

Mar 2008
    Indianapolis, IN

Preddi , if you are having problems with Maverick than try using extra Mages , Needles and Revokers in the sb .

I've moved away from the Enlightened Tutor Sb and towards a 5 card list , has anyone else been trying out this sb plan ?

Oct 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Indykid Vago View Post
    Preddi , if you are having problems with Maverick than try using extra Mages , Needles and Revokers in the sb .

I've moved away from the Enlightened Tutor Sb and towards a 5 card list , has anyone else been trying out this sb plan ?
    Sorry, but what mages are you refering to?

Mar 2008
    Indianapolis, IN

The Meddling ones :)

Jun 2010
    Germany

why are mages good against GW Maverick? theyre only good against NoPro and usually maverick doesnt play it.

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Someone made top8 with this deck:

CounterRebels

Discuss
    sure
    stupid cocksucker

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeezay View Post
    why are mages good against GW Maverick? theyre only good against NoPro and usually maverick doesnt play it.
    The stock internet Maverick deck plays 4 x STP as its only removal (spell based removal anyway).

Thread Information