Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Counter-Rebel Still

Oct 2010
    Germany

Re: Counter-Rebel Still

Why put caverns on humans? You think "faking" other decks is more important to make all rebels uncounterable? I think Amrou Scout and Falcon are only non-human creatures though.

-preddi

Seems like a fun deck, but pretty slow. What's your typical "goldfish turn"?

Oct 2010
    Germany

Usually 4-6

I was looking at different ways to make this deck and different ways to abuse tutoring cards from the deck. Just curious as to what people thought about maybe installing an Enlightened Tutor toolbox package? First it can fetch out Training Grounds. You could even make it function like a fetchland and put in artifact lands such as Ancient Den and Seat of the Synod for color fixing, deck thinning, and consistency of land drops. You can put in Oblivion Ring and have tutorable removal in the deck as well.

Creatures
    4x Ramosian Sergeant
    4x Defiant Falcon
    2x Ramosian Lieutenant
    1x Whipcorder
    2x Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero
    2x Mirror Entity
    1x Defiant Vanguard

Instant/Sorcery
    4x Enlightened Tutor (maybe instead of Brainstorm??)
    4x Force of Will
    4x Spell Pierce
    4x Swords to Plowshares

Enchantments
    4x Training Grounds
    2x Oblivion Ring

Lands
    4x Gaea's Cradle
    4x Tundra
    4x Flooded Strand
    5x Plains
    3x Island
    1x Ancient Den
    1x Seat of the Synod

Thoughts on the E Tutor toolbox package?

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

Training grounds continues to be a bad card. I don't understand the draw to play more then one let alone any. It could easily be a better blue card, like brainstorm.
    The Parfait Meta-Game

Dec 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA

Quote Originally Posted by clubfivesix View Post
    maybe instead of Brainstorm??
    I guarantee that your deck will be worse in this configuration. Enlightened Tutor definitely interesting in that it gives you another angle of interaction (and maybe you could find some way to make it add redundancy to your deck similarly to the RW Painter builds), but it's probably just the case that adding it is jamming too many different things into the deck. If you really want to play with Enlightened Tutor, consider that you probably don't need 8 virtual copies of Training Grounds since, after the first, they're pretty much stone awful.
    UBr Tezzeret
    Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    I mean, if you're going to play as 61st card, the card should cost over $100 I think.

Jun 2011
    Czech Republic

Low blue count to support fow. Also pitching Grounds seems like unwanted play. With Brainstorm you are at 16 cards, which is minimum to make fow playable. Without BS you are at 12. Better to replace fow with something (probably move it to sideboard).

Thread Information