Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: [Worldwake] Set Discussion Thread

Whatever

Mar 2006
    L'Aquila, Italy

Re: [Worldwake] Set Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post

Along with Storm, Replicate's probably the most powerful keyword ever made.
    ...right after Dredge,Cascade, Madness and Affinity you mean.

The land is :O , they keep printing better and better lands each set.But 3UW is way to much for legacy, especially when combined with CIPT. Still, there are at least 4 more of these to wait for.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity - Seneca, Roman dramatist

Legacy Inept

Oct 2005
    France

I fail to see how it could be anyway better than Gargoyle Castle which is already not played much (but I think it could be more).

SteelinSumOfUrTechKThxBai
    Jan 2008

Cards always look pixelated and shitty when Wizards puts them into PDFs. I have no idea why, but it's no worse on this one than it was previously.
    Because pdf is a format designed for print, so all text and some of the graphics used are vectorized (for compression and to avoid blurryness of the text when printing).
    But it's just impossible to reasonably vectorize a complex image like the art of a card, so these have to be inserted as "normal" images on a pixel-base.

So, here is what happens if you zoom in:
    The vectorized graphics and the text remains smooth and sharp, while the image falls victim to it's resolution and gets all grainy.

If wizards would include high-resolution images, you could possibly zoom in some more (depending on the compression of the pdf-file).

@ card: Awesome for a manland, a 4/4 /w flying, vigilance is nothing to scoff at. Add manafix and I'm in!
    Oh, they did that, too!

Still a bit slow for legacy, I'd guess.
    "Blue-Eyes White Dragon is a fatty that Jamie Wakefield seems to have overlooked. It has a tremendous power and toughness of 3000/2500, making it bigger than current threats such as Tarmogoyf or Mountain."

ಠ_ಠ
    Jul 2009
    NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Elfrago View Post
    ...right after Dredge,Cascade, Madness and Affinity you mean.

The land is :O , they keep printing better and better lands each set.But 3UW is way to much for legacy, especially when combined with CIPT. Still, there are at least 4 more of these to wait for.
    You forgot Threshhold, Kicker, Flashback, Buyback, Cantripping, Exalted, and Suspend.
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    ... It feels like a bummer to spend so much time not talking about the game and more time arguing over whether Dega or Mardu is the better name for a three color deck you'll never see in Legacy.

Legacy Inept

Oct 2005
    France

Retrace, Flashback, Dredge, Exalted and Storm are the best for Legacy.

is selling his Underground Seas.
    May 2006
    Birmingham, AL

+1 points to me to derailing the thread. My point about Replicate is that it's the most constricting from a design point of view. Everything designed with Replicate has to factor uncounterability and general absurdity in. Similarly crippling in design are Storm and Dredge.

I think you're all crazy for saying Affinity's an overpowered mechanic. Affinity's a brilliant mechanic with tons of potential for design, especially when you replace "For artifacts" with other things. Affinity's actually a fairly weak mechanic that got ridiculous amounts of overpowered support.

Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    Damn it, Taco, that exactly sums up my opinion on the matter. I need to buy you a beer for that post.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    My point about Replicate is that it's the most constricting from a design point of view. Everything designed with Replicate has to factor uncounterability and general absurdity in. Similarly crippling in design are Storm and Dredge.
    Given Replicate costs are independant from cards cost, it seems pretty easy to balance things out. Just add mana (or life loss, or discards or sacrifices or whatever...) to the replicate cost.

Storm, on the other hand, has to be balanced by the cards mana cost, and therefore must be really tough to get right.

I feel that Multi-kick will have the same problem as X spells or regular kicker spells. You need one counter (or CB flip or Chalice) to stop it all. Replicate would be an advantage in that aspect.
    FeFe Team: Legacy in the Southern Hemisphere.

Whatever

Mar 2006
    L'Aquila, Italy

Btw with those manlands, the probability of receiving some more non-basic hate just rocketed through the ceiling.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity - Seneca, Roman dramatist

..sry, whut? ◔̯◔
    Jan 2008
    Germany

I hope they finally reprint Wasteland
    Got tired of Legacy and you like drafts? Try my Paupercube What?

Noachide'
    Aug 2009
    Dongying, China

Quote Originally Posted by Elfrago View Post
    Btw with those manlands, the probability of receiving some more non-basic hate just rocketed through the ceiling.
    Well, Smother takes care of those.
    Who says the Internet isn't full of <3?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandr View Post
    MMogg, I love you more and more.
    Quote Originally Posted by menace13
    MMogg is already loved any place he goes.

ಠ_ಠ
    Jul 2009
    NJ

Quote Originally Posted by MMogg View Post
    Well, Smother takes care of those.
    NON... BASIC... HATE...
    Don't crush my dreams, MMogg.
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    ... It feels like a bummer to spend so much time not talking about the game and more time arguing over whether Dega or Mardu is the better name for a three color deck you'll never see in Legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pastorofmuppets View Post
    NON... BASIC... HATE...
    Don't crush my dreams, MMogg.
    This would largely invalidate the "play lots of colors!" thing Wizards was going for with Alara block. The main reason why they removed Rain of Tears from the core and replaced it with Yawning Failure or whatever it's called is because they wanted to avoid having strong LD in the environment. It was in an article on magicthegathering.com about M10 a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggro_zombies View Post
    This would largely invalidate the "play lots of colors!" thing Wizards was going for with Alara block. The main reason why they removed Rain of Tears from the core and replaced it with Yawning Failure or whatever it's called is because they wanted to avoid having strong LD in the environment. It was in an article on magicthegathering.com about M10 a while back.
    Right, not to mention the theme of "lands are aweseome" in Zendikar. However, I wouldn't be suprised to see such a theme in Rise of the Eldrazi...its a seperate block with seperate themes, and will only overlap with Alara for a short time. Maybe it will be all about descruction, including LD and poison.

I can see them reprinting Ghost Quarter, but not wasteland.
    Team Donkeypunch

doesn't afraid of anything
    Feb 2009
    in ur tournament, judgin ur gamez

Quote Originally Posted by TOGITwill View Post
    I can see them reprinting Ghost Quarter, but not wasteland.
    Doubtful. Ghost Quarter has a name that is specific to the plane of Ravnica. They would have to rename it. Wasteland is the most likely candidate, and since they are trying to push monocolor atm it seems even more likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    This isn't the game of holding hands and friendship. This is a competitive game, and if we all sit around singing kumbaya and sucking each other's dicks, then a lot of people are going to go to a tournament and lose because their pile of 61 jank isn't the special unique snowflake that everyone on the Source says it was.

There is no way they are reprinting Wasteland. They won't even print Stone Rain, you think they'll reprint Wasteland?

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Theres a partial preview of a card for worldwake. Its:

Bazaar Trader

Creature - Goblin

????

1/1

IMO, it sounds like another variant of an existing goblin. Warren Instigator is a variant of Goblin Lackey. Goblin Ruinblaster is a variant of Goblin Settler.
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by (nameless one) View Post
    Theres a partial preview of a card for worldwake. Its:

IMO, it sounds like another variant of an existing goblin. Warren Instigator is a variant of Goblin Lackey. Goblin Ruinblaster is a variant of Goblin Settler.

Maybe its the long awaited Goblin version of Orcish Librarian.

Your life total: 4, My life total: 20
    Jul 2008

Quote Originally Posted by FieryBalrog View Post
    There is no way they are reprinting Wasteland. They won't even print Stone Rain, you think they'll reprint Wasteland?
    They've done much crazier contradictions before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    The first time I heard of the site, I went to www.thesource.com and was greeted with a full-page picture of some thug pointing a gun at me. I immediately realised that Legacy was the most hardcore format ever.

Sep 2005
    Boston, MA

Quote Originally Posted by FoulQ View Post
    They've done much crazier contradictions before.
    Like continuing to print goblins after they said they were going to stop...?

Besides, wasteland is non-basic only. Stone Rain is basic. While I don't think it likely wasteland will see print again, I don't think it's out of the picture either.
    Quote Originally Posted by tsabo_tavoc
    Thanks for your reply. I believe it is my wording that has made you unpleasant. My fears were something like Angel Stompy ruling Legacy.

Thread Information