Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132

Thread: [Worldwake] Set Discussion Thread

Re: [Worldwake] Set Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by xTrainx View Post
    In terms of cards to pick up, these are my goals.

x4 Stoneforge Mystic
    x4 Treasure Hunt
    x4 Loam Lion
    x4 Bojuka Bog
    x4 Dispel
    x4 Nature's Claim
    x4 Explore
    x4 Bazaar Trader
    x4 Seijiri Merfolk
    x4 Basilisk Collar
    This is about what I'm going to pick up. I'd recommend 4x Arbor Elf too though, a Llanowar that can make other colors by untapping duals is going to find a home eventually. A set of Tectonic Edge probably wouldn't go amiss either, while it's sure as hell no Wasteland, I'd rather drop two dollars on them now and throw them in EDH decks than discover that a set costs $20 in five years and I need them for extended.

On a more risky note, I'm considering grabbing some Eye of Ugin. I obviously don't know what Eldrazi do, but if they're way out of the ordinary, it's possible that something in the legacy cardpool could have a weird interaction that breaks them. Of course, since the stupid things are mythic, they're a couple of bucks each at the moment. If it drops down to a dollar, I'm probably going to grab a few.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    Being a 1C 2/1 with an ability isn't enough to make a card good by default. Elvish Archer is to First Striking as Dark Confidant is to card draw, and Nezumi Graverobber is to robbing graves as Tarmogoyf is to being much much better than a 2/1, but what the fuck does that even mean?

Noachide'
    Aug 2009
    Dongying, China

Quote Originally Posted by Otter View Post
    On a more risky note, I'm considering grabbing some Eye of Ugin. I obviously don't know what Eldrazi do, but if they're way out of the ordinary, it's possible that something in the legacy cardpool could have a weird interaction that breaks them. Of course, since the stupid things are mythic, they're a couple of bucks each at the moment. If it drops down to a dollar, I'm probably going to grab a few.
    I was thinking the same thing . . . until I saw they were selling them for about $6 here. Now, for me that's the equivalent of 17 600ml bottles of Coca-Cola, or 17 large bowls of noodles for lunch in a restaurant. With that in mind . . . nah. There's too much of a track record of crap that's only cool in block constructed.

Completely agree with Arbor Elf, especially since he's common. Why not?
    Who says the Internet isn't full of <3?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandr View Post
    MMogg, I love you more and more.
    Quote Originally Posted by menace13
    MMogg is already loved any place he goes.

Mecum omnes plangite
    Aug 2009
    45°33'2"52 N, 09°20'41"28 E

I already bought my playset of Stoneforge Mystics. They look great.
    0.05.14 [Digital Devil] <Digital Devil> Ach! Hans, run! It's the Tarmogoyf!
    0.05.17 [Hans (GER)] <Hans (GER)> ...
    0.05.20 [<System>] <System> Player Lost

Membre

Sep 2005
    France

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Devil View Post
    I already bought my playset of Stoneforge Mystics. They look great.
    Fixed.

Too few good cards for Legacy (which some will be included in current traditionnal lists or SB), and no new competitive archetype will be born from a card from this set imho.

Lodestone Golem + unbanning of MetalWorker is great news for 5/3 or MUD, still those decks won't become Tier1.x any soon.

But, hey, we could see some interesting ideas emerging from the N&D forum this month...

Jul 2004
    College Station, TX

Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    In all honesty, this is a pretty shitty set.
    Quote Originally Posted by xTrainx View Post

Arbor Elf
    Halimar Depths

That's a pretty impressive list of cards that might be playable in Legacy. Stoneforger Mystic and Treasure Hunt will certainly see some play; the rest of the cards on that list look decent enough to at least try out. That's 11 cards out of a small set that are at least worth picking up; that's pretty impressive. I'm not sold on Bazaar Trader, but if you see potential, go for it.

I think it is extremely interesting that that list contains almost half commons. Nothing on the list is bonkers, but there are a lot of solid commons that might find homes somewhere in the format. I kind of like Halimar Depths. It's like dropping an Island and activating Top...I wouldn't count it as a Ponder or as an Island, but it's somewhere in between the two. I might toss two or three of them into something to up the land count while smoothing draws. It'll certainly go into my EDH deck, at least.
    InfoNinjas

Win or lose, it begins with...
    Mar 2007
    Milwaukee, WI

Off-topic, but I didn't see anything in the Stickies. How do you do the cardtags?

Mecum omnes plangite
    Aug 2009
    45°33'2"52 N, 09°20'41"28 E

Quote Originally Posted by lolosoon View Post
    Fixed.
    Actually, cheap card advantage in white is something you don't see that often. I'm currently playing only 3 copies, but the fourth one is relinquished into a box and screams to be included, too. Playing a deck like mine, it is the card I always want to see, and I don't care about multiple copies, either. To me it's the opposite thing as you say: while Mystics may look awful on paper, since I started real playtesting (not MWS) with them, I always want a Mystic in my 7.
    0.05.14 [Digital Devil] <Digital Devil> Ach! Hans, run! It's the Tarmogoyf!
    0.05.17 [Hans (GER)] <Hans (GER)> ...
    0.05.20 [<System>] <System> Player Lost

Jul 2004
    College Station, TX

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Off-topic, but I didn't see anything in the Stickies. How do you do the cardtags?
    Find a post with card tags, and click "Reply with Quote" to see how it was done. Just kidding.

it's {cards} {/cards}. You can include numbers, but not x-es or anything like that.
    5 Troll Ascetic (secret tech, but be careful not to play the fifth one) vs
    5x Troll Ascetic
    InfoNinjas

Thread Information