Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Strongest/Most broken generals?

Arbitrary Wielder of Justice

Oct 2003

Re: Strongest/Most broken generals?

I would battle all comers for any amount in 1v1 with Horde of Notions.
    When in doubt, mumble.

When in trouble, delegate.

BraidsStax is just broken in this format, banned for a good reason. Turn 2 lock everyone? We'll scoop.

Erayo, draw-go is almost as lame as Braids.

ZurPotence is also ridiculous. Decides the game after two or three swings+he comes down fast.

Karn, artifact beating is fast and furious + alot of combo's in the deck.
    Needs more goyfs.

Team Nijmegen Failtrain Captain
    Nov 2009
    Nijmegen, Netherlands

Gaddock Teeg is annoying as hell.

Right now I play a Astral slide, horde of notions EDH. It's a pure 1 on 1, but I found out it works very well in multiplayer as well.

May 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamuth View Post
    Azusa is awesome. Does anyone have an Azusa EDH?
    Azusa is ridiculous.

Goblin Piledriver
    Jul 2008
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by ddt15 View Post
    How is Karn better than Arcum?
    Hello friend.

Aug 2009
    Germany

Would someone mind posting their awesome and ridiculous Azusa lists ?

Bryant Cook

I kicked the crap out of Oona - Combo and Horde - Control with Kresh today.

I'm still psyched, that is all.

no mention of arcum yet? he is teh haxxorz

and btw: http://forum.dragonhighlander.net/ED...php?f=14&t=487

a voting process that took FUKIN FOREVER! the players voted on the best general by color combination etc. good ideas for busted generals
    if your offended by what i say go fuck yourself

Seems like a bunch of idiots voted. How do they vote silvos over rofellos? Rofellos is obviously the best green general. Ive never heard of anyone complain about banning silvos, or making hate threads about him. I dont agree with most of those choices.

Odds are the votes were placed before Rofellos was unbanned. I doubt the votes would have gone that way otherwise. But anyway, Sek'Kuar over Kresh? Kumano over Kiki-Jiki, or even the red Maro from Saviors? Seems iffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook View Post
    I kicked the crap out of Oona - Combo and Horde - Control with Kresh today.

I'm still psyched, that is all.

Kicked the crap out of, seems like an overstatement when you were a top deck away from losing, after you had wiped my board twice with Kiki-Woodfall.

:-p

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

I'll have to post the list up when I get a chance, but I think I found the most broken one for 4 player. Gerrard Capashen is stupid. I filled a deck with life gain just for laughs and soon realized that everyone mysteriously beats on the guy with the highest life total even if he's not doing anything else.

When I started compensating for the fact I was going to get ganged up on, it turned the deck into some sort of monster that literally could handle taking on three people at once. You just sit there gaining life then using your stupid life total with odd cards like Book of Rass or to pay for ridiculous amounts of card drawing or damage prevention.

I was hit by a Magister Sphinx, then several burn spells, and people swung in a ton of creatures and I just gained 300 or so life in response to the swing. It's dumb. You don't even bother wrathing off creatures most of the time.

I figure he's the most synergestic general I have ever seen with a strategy like this. The guy himself sits and gains life also. With something like Cradle of Vitality out he pumps himself up to stupid amounts of counters, taps an opponents creatures out of the way and typically can kill in one swing with General damage.

Truly silly.

I would love to see a list, because to be honest I have no idea how you evade general damage.

New to EDH here.

I've always wanted to play with a cat themed deck since I first started playing around Mirrodin and I found equipments to be teh bomb. It should come as no surprise that I'm currently running Raksha (not entirely finished but getting there). And boy was I pleasantly surprised.

University is a bitch and I haven't gotten around to play it much, but I can say this: Every monocoloured general running plenty of basics and with access to stuff that fetches artifacts should run Extraplanar Lens. That thing is beyond silly in terms of acceleration. Basically my deck consists of:
    - Cats, lots of them.
    - Stuff that pumps your guys.
    - Stuff that kills your, but mostly their guys (think mass removal).
    - Few mana/utility artifacts.
    - Stuff that digs for equipments.
    - Equipment, lots of it.

Gameplan: Sit back and build up a few creatures, stick some silly stuff underneath them and decide to either go aggressive or play mind games. Then resolve Raksha, stick something underneath him that involves giving him shroud, and watch your critters become frikkin leviathans. Watch Jitte netting 4 counters/swing. Watch SoFaI/SoLaS trigger twice per connect. Etc.

Maybe not the best, but still damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by dahcmai View Post
    I'll have to post the list up when I get a chance, but I think I found the most broken one for 4 player. Gerrard Capashen is stupid. I filled a deck with life gain just for laughs and soon realized that everyone mysteriously beats on the guy with the highest life total even if he's not doing anything else.

When I started compensating for the fact I was going to get ganged up on, it turned the deck into some sort of monster that literally could handle taking on three people at once. You just sit there gaining life then using your stupid life total with odd cards like Book of Rass or to pay for ridiculous amounts of card drawing or damage prevention.

I was hit by a Magister Sphinx, then several burn spells, and people swung in a ton of creatures and I just gained 300 or so life in response to the swing. It's dumb. You don't even bother wrathing off creatures most of the time.

I figure he's the most synergestic general I have ever seen with a strategy like this. The guy himself sits and gains life also. With something like Cradle of Vitality out he pumps himself up to stupid amounts of counters, taps an opponents creatures out of the way and typically can kill in one swing with General damage.

Truly silly.
    Lifegain doesn't make a General broken. It's easily the worst strategy in EDH.

Of my 5 decks only my Rith token beats deck would have a difficult time with such a deck, even then Rith could get in there for 21 and it gains a bunch of life and deals a ton of damage so I still feel the pressure would be on the Capashen deck.

My Slivers deck combos out to deal infinite damage, mill/ destroy all permanents, ect. Lifegain isn't ever an issue, Overlord will swing for the win in at least 3 turns at worst.

My 5 color Ally deck seems to win mainly through a Reveillark combo with does infinite damage. Doesn't care about lifegain that much.

Rafiq is all about general damage. I don't think I've ever dealt 40 damage to a player for the win.

And Oona exiles libraries as a main win condition, general beats as a secondary, capsize locks as a last resort.

And that's just my personal decks. The only deck in my playgroup that would probably not be a fan is the Rhys the Redeemed token swarm/overrun deck. Doesn't seem very strong.

Elesh Norin Markov, Wary Vampiric Cenobite
    Feb 2007
    Hobart, New York

He's not one of the most broken, but in terms of sheer, raw power, you can't beat a good Kamahl, Fist of Krosa deck. The absurdity of a triple or quadruple overrun with fifteen or so elves in play is just astounding. He is my aggro choice. Combo; I play the ridiculous pile of broken that is Azami, Lady of Infinite Card Advantage. In terms of control I strongly recommend and favor Teysa, Orzhov Scion. And my midrange deck is the incredibly silly Jhoira of the Ghitu, because nothing says love like "oops, Sway of the Stars goes off, then Akroma, Angel of Fury, Greater Gargadon, Dragon Tyrant, and Thunderblust come into play, I drop a mountain, pump Akroma. You, you, you, and you: Die."

Those are what I run and I have not been disappointed yet.
    "Oho! I have deluded you! For I am a clever trickster, and this is not actually the truth!"
    -Doug Beyer
    Quote Originally Posted by raharu View Post
    You should probably work for Wizards. Making Chaos Orb and Falling Star into evergreen keywords, maing Hellbent. srsly.

Dan
    Sep 2008
    NoVA

Quote Originally Posted by Sek'Kuar View Post
    He's not one of the most broken, but in terms of sheer, raw power, you can't beat a good Kamahl, Fist of Krosa deck. The absurdity of a triple or quadruple overrun with fifteen or so elves in play is just astounding. He is my aggro choice. Combo; I play the ridiculous pile of broken that is Azami, Lady of Infinite Card Advantage. In terms of control I strongly recommend and favor Teysa, Orzhov Scion. And my midrange deck is the incredibly silly Jhoira of the Ghitu, because nothing says love like "oops, Sway of the Stars goes off, then Akroma, Angel of Fury, Greater Gargadon, Dragon Tyrant, and Thunderblust come into play, I drop a mountain, pump Akroma. You, you, you, and you: Die."

Those are what I run and I have not been disappointed yet.
    Sway of the Stars is banned
    Rules Advisor

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

White has some of the best "avoid damage" cards there are. Righteous Aura is one of the better ones for avoiding General damage. Pay 2 life and they don't do anything. After all, you do have a few hundred life to pay.

I also play with a few ways to just plain nullify them. Aurafication, Recumbent Bliss, Faith's Fetters, Atalya, Samite Master, Cessation. Not counting the ways to just plain kill a general.

As for infinite combos, well I don't know of too many decks that deal with that very well. I do have ways to deal with some, just depends on what it is. I can gain infinite in response as an instant luckily if it comes down to it. I just typically don't do that since it attracts too much attention and I play for fun more than anything anyway. It does do things besides gain life. It just does that part well. I can attack with a 50/50 general also quite quickly or just flat call it good and win via one of the lifegain wins like Celestial Convergence.

I posted it up since it is fun as hell and I can always use ideas though some of the cards I use are subpar on purpose.

Jan 2010
    germany

i got a little pool of decks and think, that these are the broken guys:

erayo, scooping servant (when your opponents are made of steel you are a magnet by putting him on the table)
    azami, awesome but quick dead (did you know, that the azami deck may mill all 3 players at once turn 4-5? and you wonder, why you are hated?)
    arcum dagsson (nooooo, never i only try to get stax lock with 3-sphere online, so please don't attack me 'till then...ups...)
    rofelos, the mana flooded (isn't infinite mana turn 2-3 a little quick? no never!)
    rafiq, which attacks only once per opponent (really, this guy deals 21 generaldamage with one attack after he wiped the board)
    jhoira, time spiral on legs (oh, did i make enough turns so that you never will be having one? and is this turn 4-6? ups, sorry!)
    horde of notions (you know that beat down is bad in edh, right? ok and now???)
    sliver tutorlord (did i read right? you can search for any sliver? ok, i attack you!)
    (the blue) ertai, counter all the day [only 1vs1](i had such things like turn 1 ertai + turn 2 active adding turn 3 a laboratory and win the game...is this good?)

maybe there are others too, but these are the guys i can play with/against from time to time and they suck as long as i'm not playing them (have only the blue ones and jhoira)

edit: i forgot the incredible scion of "oh, this is called a dragon combo in vintage?!"

Ur tears of nerdrage taste so sweet to me.
    Feb 2008
    Do not care.

Quote Originally Posted by ddt15 View Post

This!
    I love my Karn EDH, it's so fun to plan and can get pretty retarded pretty fast.
    I played it just on mws though, because here in germany people rather play "highlander" format over EDH, which involves packing cards without restriction besides the typical into the deck.
    I like EDH more and when I ever get overseas or people start to play EDH over here, artifacts will smash your face. :)
    Team Legal Actions.

Thread Information