Thread: [Report]GP:Madrid trial with NLS

[Report]GP:Madrid trial with NLS

It all started on Friday, Christmas! But nerds as we are we went to our card shop to play FNM. They had posted on their site that they would be open from 18.30. We leave at 19.00, make the half hour drive, walk 15 minutes from the free parking only to find ourselves in front of a closed store. Someone just called the owner and it’s not opening. So we walk back, I pick up a hamburger on the way and we drive to a pub in our hometown. We play pool for a while and head home at 22.00. Damn Christmas!

I wake up early the next day, to early for a Saturday. I planned on going climbing but it was the national championship there that day so those plans got delayed as well. Instead I worked. That’s right, I worked on a Saturday. I still have some hours to do which I couldn’t before and they have to be done by the end of the year. Later that night we went to the same card shop, I bought my first playmate ever along with drinks. Our fourth guy comes in and we draft triple Zendikar. I go black red and have a very aggressive deck but end at 1-2, maybe I shouldn’t have kept those 2 land, double Lacerator hands with no 3-drops in the deck, twice. The others play a bit of Legacy while I resleeve my deck, they have to be new I guess. We head home around 2 o’clock and get a lighter thrown to us. We look around and discuss if we want to fight but decide not to. I get dropped of home at 3 o’clock.

I have fallen asleep quite rapid and wake up not to the alarm but to the sound the cat is making at the other end of the door. He always does that, I hate it. I let him in and go out myself. I eat, make food for later and wash myself. I’m sitting downstairs, talking to my stepdad when JelleF arrives. I quickly grab my shoes and my coat, hop in the car and off we are. We pick up Wim who is awake for once and continue our journey to Jelle. He grabs his GPS out of his car, hook it to JelleF’s car and drive to Outpost Brussel where the tournament will be. I write my decklist in the car still doubting between running Carpet of Flowers or Xantid Swarm in the sideboard.

We arrive half an hour in advance and enrol. I give some cards to Johan, which he asked and Wim takes half my binder for his deck, which he asked. JelleF is playing Goblins, Jelle is playing Ichorid and Wim is playing his own build, god knows what to call it. It’s a blue based control deck with Counterbalance, Stifle, Wasteland but splashes to all colours for various cards. We call it Random pile of Junk after it got named like that in another players report. I talk to Jan a bit as he is playing stormcombo as well and he is running Carpets. I throw a coin in the air and it lands on Xantid, secret deckbuilding techniques revealed here!

So the decklist:

2 Polluted Delta
    2 Scalding Tarn
    2 Flooded Strand
    3 Misty Rainforest
    2 Underground Sea
    2 Tundra
    1 Volcanic Island
    1 Island
    4 Lion’s Eye Diamond
    4 Lotus Petal
    2 Chrome Mox
    4 Dark Ritual
    2 Cabal Ritual
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Mystical Tutor
    2 Ponder
    3 Sensei’s Divining Top
    4 Orim’s Chant
    2 Silence
    3 Infernal Tutor
    2 Burning Wish
    1 Meditate
    1 Doomsday
    1 Ill-Gotten Gains
    1 Tendrils of Agony
    1 Ad Nauseam

Side:
    1 Deathmark
    1 Infernal Tutor
    1 Doomsday
    1 Ill-Gotten Gains
    1 Tendrils of Agony
    1 Empty the Warrens
    1 Chain of Vapor
    2 Echoing Truth
    1 Tropical Island
    2 Krosan Grip
    3 Xantid Swarm

So seatings get posted, still jolly. 49 people showed up so it’s two trips and Bye’s for number 1 and 2.

Round1:
    Jan with Stormcombo. He plays DDAnT where I play NLS but I doubt the extra kill slots are noticeable here. My early plays here aren’t in my mind anymore as it was quite stressful. Very annoying that we have to play eachother as the only 2 stormcombo players here. Guess the winner of us has to get there.

Game1:
    I win the die roll with a magnificent 20 and mulligan to 6. We joke a bit that I rolled 20 yesterday as well and that I playtested just rolling dice. I take the die and roll, another 20! Skills ladies and gentlemen, skills.
    So I keep a hand with Chant and a possible kill. He decides to blink first by casting Mystical during EOT, Silence me, I Chant back. Mine resolves and I play Mystical with his still on the stack for Infernal Tutor. I go for it during my turn, unprotected as I figured he didn’t have another chant. He didn’t and I win through Ad Nauseam.

Game2:
    I open with land, same for him. Not much happening again. I have a single Chant, hoping it’s enough. He casts his during his turn, I use mine but he has a Pact of Negation for it. He casts Ad Nauseam and as I see the win I just scoop them up. Have some respect for your fellow combo player, he’ll have a long day ahead as well.

Game3:
    He mulligans to 6 this time with me on the play. We both manage to find a SDT on turn3. I find every land I can with fetches but fail to find a Xantid Swarm. I try to go off when I have triple Chant but I get Chanted. He lets his resolve, casts another to reach threshold to cast Cabal Ritual into Ad Nauseam. The card is very unfriendly as it flips Ill-Gotten Gains, Tendrils and Meditate but no Chant and falls to 2. He untaps, plays Mystical to Silence, Brainstorms into it and casts it. I cast my Chant, he uses Pact of Negation, I cast the other Chant, it resolves and he discards to 7. I play Mystical Tutor into Tendrils on my turn, SDT into it and cast it, it resolves.

1-0-0 (2-1-0)

Most of our team won their first match. Johan, who is playing UBr Fearies lost his.

Round2:
    I’m paired against Jens, a teammate. Normally he ran Merfolk but he decided to play WGB agro loam today.

Game1:
    He opens with Dark Confidant on turn2 while I piece my combo together. He taps out for Knight of the Reliquary the turn after, attacks me with Dark Confidant but it’s all over one Ill-Gotten Gains later.

Game2:
    He casts Ethersworn Canonist, I have double SDT to find me cards along with fetchland. He drops a Dark Confidant and I keep on searching for an answer but find a Doomsday instead. Gaddock Teeg joins the party and I’m death in 2 turns. I draw the Dark Ritual for my turn, use my last fetch and see the Echoing Truth I need. I switch SDT, cast Echoing Truth on the Canonist. Dark Ritual, Dark Ritual, Doomsday creates a pile of Meditate, Dark Ritual, Dark Ritual, Deathmark, Tendrils. LED gives the blue mana, SDT draws Meditate which gets cast. Ritual, Ritual, Deathmark, SDT and spin it into the kill!

2-0-0 (4-1-0)

Jens sided in 12 cards, 3 Teeg, 3 Canonist and 2 Chalice of the Void being the only relevant. The other 4 where 1 Tabernacle over his Maze of Ith and 3 Pithing Needle. For that card I play 4 different kind of fetch. Their matchup for this deck is horrible and some try to work on your manabase with Needle if they can. Running different fetch aids this.

I’ve lost track of most people’s score here. I know Jelle drew the Ichorid Mirror and that Johan lost his second for the day and is out. Wim played Agro Loam and lost I think, JelleF might’ve won and I guess Kris was up 2-0 as well.

Round3:
    Jelle Gyselinxks! Awesome. He plays Goblins and always claims he never lost against AnT during testing. Guess tournaments are different.

Game1:
    He drops a land and Vial. I go for the Ill-Gotten Gains combo on turn2 or 3. Not much he could’ve done here but we’re off to the sideboard now!

Game2:
    I have a hand of Burning Wish, Dark Ritual, LED, Fetchland, Ritual, Ponder, Chant. If only I had a Petal but I keep anyway. He opens with Scalding Tarn and fetches into Badlands, passing the turn. Badlands and no play so he doesn’t have Duress but wants black mana, the only answer I can come up with is that he has Extirpate. I draw Lotus Petal like a champ. Now you can claim that this is a topdeck but I did have a cantrip in case I didn’t draw it and if I just drew a land I would’ve been fine as well. So I storm and Burning Wish for Empty the Warrens which gives me 12 Goblin Tokens. He plays an Instigator. Tokens attack for 11, sacrificing the other one to his brethren. Jelle draws for the turn and scoops them up.

3-0-0 (6-1-0)

We play another game for fun and I play end of his turn1 Brainstorm and during my turn I go, land, Petal, Petal, Chain of Vapor both back, play Petal, Petal, Infernal Tutor for a second Dark Ritual, play both Dark Rituals into Tendrils for 20. Combo owns Goblins! He showed me afterwards and he did have the Extirpate.

Jelle is 1-1-1. JelleF went 2-1, same for Wim. Johan dropped by now. Kris is 2-1 as well.

Round4:
    White Stax. The table next to me had Zoo but the rest doesn’t look that good either. Guess I’ll just have to win this one then.

Game1:
    He goes slow and drops a morph creature on turn3. I just go off through Ad Nauseam followed by Doomsday with the IGG-Loop. SDT, LED, LED, IGG, Tendrils as I’m drawing into it with Brainstorm. I didn’t need the storm from IGG but wanted to see his hand, what cards he kept.

Game2:
    He drops a Chalice on 1, I drop my second land and triple Lotus Petal. He drops Tormod’s Crypt and a Smokestack which he puts near the Crypt. I cast Ad Nauseam at the end of his turn and get Chain of Vapor and Echoing Truth plus a lot of other spells. I cast cards after playing Echoing Truth on the Chalice and cast Ill-Gotten Gains to empty my hand, get back Rituals and Infernal for the kill but he stops me, electing to react. I wonder what he’s thinking about, tapped out. Does he have Mindbreak Trap or Ravenous Trap? Why would he have that? Instead he just activates his Crypt. I can’t believe I missed that! So I screwed up, lose the floating mana, storm and every card but 3. He gets back Chalice, Crypt and something and I just scoop them up.

Game3:
    I try to get the last game out of my head and focus on winning this one. He doesn’t have hate and I win on turn2 through Ad Nauseam into Rituals, LED and Infernal.

4-0-0 (8-2-0)
    Wim is 3-1, JelleF is 3-1, Kris is 3-1 and I don’t know what Jelle is doing.

Round5:
    I get paired against Mighty Quinn. It’s only me and him at 4-0-0 so we ID and go get some food from a local store. I sit down at table 1 again, staring over the tables to other matches. JelleF got paired against Zoo. He loses this one and Zoo is through to top8. Wim manages to Win his and is 4-1. Kris draws against White Stax going to 3-1-1.

One match had ten minutes extra due to a deckcheck, a match I can’t spare you guys. It was Landstill against Fearies with Fearies in the lead at 1-0. Time has been called for the rest and everyone is staring at them. Fearies has few cards in hand but nothing on board and gets beaten down by a Nantuko Monastery. A second comes down and turn gets passed. Fearies casts Relic of Progenitus, Landstill chooses to tap all but 1 fetchland for a Force of Will. Daze gets used, Fetch elects a Stifle. The Relic resolves. He activates it, nuking both graveyards and drawing him a Daze, a dead card. He scoops them up. Everyone is surprised by this and it gets explained to him that the lands can’t animate without Treshhold.

4-0-1 (8-2-0)

Standings are up and I’m still number 1. Wim has 12 points but has bad resistance and might have to play it out. We talk a bit and it gets mentioned that if I get paired against Wim that I should scoop him into top8. I mention that he’s my bad matchup and that I’ll probably play if he isn’t willing to drop to me in top8 itself. Everyone finds me a jackass as usual but whatever.

Round6:
    Paired against Zoo, I let her in top8 since it’s a great matchup.
    Kris wins his against NOBant. The guy sided out his Natural Orders, which seems wrong. So Kris gets top8. Wim has to play the Fearies player that I mentioned in last round so a draw isn’t possible. Wim loses this match so Fearies gets top8.

4-0-2 (8-2-0)

The top 8 consists of: NLS, Fearies, Goblins, Zoo, Rock, Supreme Blue, Mighty Quinn, UWBG Landstill.

Pairings are random and I find myself on the perfect side. I have to play against Mighty Quinn but if I win that one I’ll be paired against either Zoo or Rock.

QuarterFinals:
    Mighty Quinn. I know the deck and I know how slow it wins. I can probably win Chant battles as I can tutor for them and win that way. I roll 16, he rolls 17.

Game1:
    I make a mistake already. I have Chrome Mox, Ritual, Mystical Tutor, Chant, Chant, Cabal Ritual, Infernal Tutor after dropping my land. I fetch at the end of his turn for an Underground Sea and Mystical. It’s here that I see my error. My plan is casting Mox, Imprint Chant, cast other Chant and go for it. But if I just get Tundra I can Chant, Imprint Cabal Ritual and still win. If he has a Chant himself I’ll still have the second one for the next turn. So I elect to do nothing for now. He gets a plains with Eternal Dragon at the EOT. Then taps out for Story Circle. I untap and win through IGG-Loop.

Game2:
    I drop SDT turn1, he drops Grindstone turn2. I get milled for 2 soon after and he hits Tendrils and Dark Ritual, a repeat. The worst thing is the Tendrils in my Graveyard. I actually sided out my Burning Wishes! So I have to go through a Chant protected IGG. Some Chant gets Exchanged, I bounce his Grindstone at a time I find opportune but he has a Chant in reaction to mine. He drops an Isochron Scepter with Abeyance the turn after, leaving 2 open. I call for the judge. I want to know if I can cast Chant in response to him activating Scepter so he can’t cast the imprinted card. I’m 100% sure of this but if the judge rules different when my opponent appeals I’m screwed so all I do this for is knowing that the judge is on my side for this ruling.
    So I have the option of bouncing it EOT or hoping that he uses it during upkeep so I can cast Mystical into Chant, switch SDT for it and Chant. The last option is risky. If he doesn’t do it I’ll let him untap with an active Scepter so I bounce it. I could’ve also waited as I retained the option of bouncing it when I pleased but I don’t like the Tendrils in my graveyard and want to win before he can remove it. I untap, draw, cast Mystical for Chant, SDT draws it. It gets casted but he has a backup chant. He casts Enlightened Tutor for Tormod’s Crypt and casts it. He activates it after I cast Cabal Ritual and I scoop them up.He could’ve gone for Painter’s Servant and then kill me with Grindstone. But if I had a bounce spell he would be open to everything the turn after, he played correct here.

Game3:
    I mulligan down to 6 and keep 4 land, Mystical and Infernal Tutor, knowing that he’ll give me plenty of time. I keep hitting land drops and he manages to get an Ethersworn Canonist in play. I cast Mystical for Ad Nauseam and draw it for my turn. He hits me with Canonist. I cast Ad Nauseam at the end of his turn. I draw lots of cards but no bounce. I’m at 4 life and stop there. Not only can I take an extra hit from the Canonist this way but extra cards will just become discarded anyway. So I untap and draw Echoing Truth from the top of my library. I guess you get rewarded for making good plays. I cast some artifacts, use my freshly cast SDT and see double Chant on top. Sick! I cast Echoing Truth, Chant but the Chant gets reacted to by his own. I use Silence during his upkeep which he wants to react to but then elects not to, interesting. I cast Chant during my turn and he casts Pulse of the Fields, so that was it! So he’s up to 24 life and my IGG is in the yard with him having a Tormod’s Crypt in play. I cast Dark Ritual, Dark Ritual and bait with Cabal Ritual and quickly upping my mana on the dice. He falls for it and uses Crypt. I cast Infernal Tutor for Burning Wish for IGG which gets back LED LED Infernal and wins for 26 damage.

I had 14 mana after the Cabal Ritual and another Chant in hand. If he didn’t react to it I would’ve had 16 and storm count of 5. Infernal (6,14) would get Burning Wish(7,12) which gets the sideboard Infernal Tutor(8,10), which gets another maindeck Infernal(9, 8) to get the last Infernal (10, 6) to get the last Burning Wish (11,4) to get Tendrils for lethal. It wouldn’t have mattered.

We decided on splitting the fetchland somewhere in the match if one of us lost the semifinals but I didn’t plan on that, losing I mean.

SemiFinals:
    Zoo won the match so I’ll have to play her.

Game1:
    She has won the die roll and opens with Nacatl. Nacatl hammers me to 17 and both Chain Lightning bring me down to 11. I think a while. I can go for turn2 Ad Nauseam at 9 life after double fetch or I can pass the turn, hope she can’t kill me and hope on a lucky draw to go through IGG-loop. The third possibility is chanting during her declare attack so she can’t cast Fireblast, hoping to elect a use before damage so Nacatl shrinks. But that would be counting on a misplay and seeing that she’s playing the semi’s I shouldn’t do that. I go for Ad Nauseam plan. I get Dark Ritual, Cabal Ritual, Petal, Brainstorm, SDT and some junk that brings me down to 1. I can continue, hope for Petal or LED and then see with SDT or Brainstorm for the top cards. Or I can cast Petal, use it for Brainstorm which needs to draw me another Petal and Tendrils. Both are bad options but I have to choose. I go with Brainstorm but see land, Brainstorm, land. I’m 0-1 down against Zoo.

Game2:
    She mulligans down to 6 and I keep SDT, SDT, fetch, Ponder, Dark Ritual, Ill-Gotten Gains, Lotus Petal. I crack the land and Ponder seeing Dark Ritual, Infernal Tutor, Fetch. Absolutely amazing. I cast Petal, Ritual, Ritual, SDT, IGG which gets back Petal, Ritual, Ritual after it gives me information from her end, being that she has no hate in hand. I draw the Tutor, SDT draws the fetch. Petal and Rituals give me 7 mana in total and Infernal for Ad Nauseam resolves. Some damage later I get there with all kinds of stuff.

Game3:
    Steppe Lynx comes down from her and I have another turn2 kill hand. She drops Canopy, attacks and drops Tarmogoyf. I go for it with Ad Nauseam at 16 after double fetch. My first reveal is a Chrome Mox and I know I’ll get there now. I keep revealing, Deathmark, land, Burning Wish, Infernal Tutor, Meditate, land, land, Mystical until the point where I get LED, Petal, Petal and my hands start shaking from the rush. Petal, Petal, Chrome Mox, LED, Burning Wish, crack LED, Tendrils for lethal!

So I win a trip and bye’s! I give my information to the guy behind the counter for future arrangements and watch the other Semifinal. Jelle Gyselinck with Goblins against Benoit with Fearies. It’s 1-1 and Jelle is clearly winning with lackey and Chieftain. Incinerator takes care of the Blossom token, attack for 4 and drop a Warchief with Lackey. It’s game after that. So there were 3 Goblins, 1 hit top8 and won. There were 2 Storm combo players, one hit top8 and won. The judge comes to us and asks if we want to play, obviously we don’t. He still needs a name for a winner and Jelle sais ‘scoop!’ before I can even react. I wanted to scoop as I had defeated him in the swiss out of courtesy but it doesn’t matter.

We head home, hit the pub once more and arrive home at 00.30. Jelle started testing another deck instantly, Wim changed his another time while I and JelleF played Pool.

Noachide'
    Aug 2009
    Dongying, China

Re: [Report]GP:Madrid trial with NLS

Cool report. Reading ANT/Storm reports always makes me want to play it.

We play another game for fun and I play end of his turn1 Brainstorm and during my turn I go, land, Petal, Petal, Chain of Vapor both back, play Petal, Petal, Infernal Tutor for a second Dark Ritual, play both Dark Rituals into Tendrils for 20.
    Isn't that 18? Or am I being really bad at math?

Edit: Duh! Vapor x 2 ... I'm such a n00b.
    Last edited by MMogg; 12-28-2009 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Edit: Duh moment.
    Who says the Internet isn't full of <3?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandr View Post
    MMogg, I love you more and more.
    Quote Originally Posted by menace13
    MMogg is already loved any place he goes.

Survivalist
    Sep 2007
    Netherlands

no its only for 18 unless he really casts 2 chains and not sac a land to bounce the other petal.

no its only for 18 unless he really casts 2 chains and not sac a land to bounce the other petal.
    Return target nonland permanent to its owner's hand. Then that permanent's controller may sacrifice a land. If the player does, he or she may copy this spell and may choose a new target for that copy.

I sacrificed the land. Damn I've played it wrong then. Doesn't matter, was practice anyway.

Noachide'
    Aug 2009
    Dongying, China

Oh, yay! I don't feel so n00bish after all.
    Who says the Internet isn't full of <3?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandr View Post
    MMogg, I love you more and more.
    Quote Originally Posted by menace13
    MMogg is already loved any place he goes.

Congrats on the finish. I still don't understand the 3x SDT, but you've been playing like that for awhile now. Good Luck at the GP!
    BZK! - Storm Boards

Been there, tried that, still casting Doomsday.
    Drawing my deck for 0 mana since 2013.

Hella fuckin' balls to the wall awesome
    Mar 2008
    Maryland

Quote Originally Posted by citanul View Post
    So he’s up to 24 life and my IGG is in the yard with him having a Tormod’s Crypt in play. I cast Dark Ritual, Dark Ritual and bait with Cabal Ritual and quickly upping my mana on the dice. He falls for it and uses Crypt. I cast Infernal Tutor for Burning Wish for IGG which gets back LED LED Infernal and wins for 26 damage.

I had 14 mana after the Cabal Ritual and another Chant in hand. If he didn’t react to it I would’ve had 16 and storm count of 5. Infernal (6,14) would get Burning Wish(7,12) which gets the sideboard Infernal Tutor(8,10), which gets another maindeck Infernal(9, 8) to get the last Infernal (10, 6) to get the last Burning Wish (11,4) to get Tendrils for lethal. It wouldn’t have mattered.
    You know that burning wish can no longer get cards that have been removed by crypt don't you?
    Team Unicorn: We're horny...get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ewokslayer View Post
    You might want to go to a hospital. It appears you cracked your head open.

You are leaking stupid all over the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    I masturbated on that picture of your cat.

I know, I run one in the sideboard though so it's not a problem.

It´s just more individual party in your head.
    Apr 2007
    Germany

Who would actually lay a Needle on a Fetchland if he´s up against a deck that abuses SDT hard?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordel View Post
    I'm not crying about it...I'm using as an example to illustrate why you should not be taken seriously.
    DCI: 68 10 43 34

I already got that question on another forum :).
    They usually place it on SDT yes. The second one will come down on fetchland though. They might even be greedy and plan on going for the manascrew on you which was a tactic me and someone else discussed as he had to play stormcombo in the finals of the Belgium Champs.

Even if they don't, why run the risk of running 4 of a fetchland? It's not that this deck can fetch another basic all of a sudden, there isn't any.

This was a good read, and entertaining report! Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    Matt, basically everything you said turned out to be true.
    TeamReflection || noitcelfeRmaeT

My MOTL sale list

Mar 2009
    Gent, Belgium

Game3:
    I had a feeling I made a mistake during that game, and your extensive report made me see what I did wrong (screwed up twice, in fact). Here's the play that would have given me the out, I think:
    - Play the Pulse in my own turn, rather than trying to surprise you with it. You'd already played your AdN, so the surprise of having 4 more life wouldn't have mattered - you had your tools ready so it wouldn't create a situation where you stopped drawing cards with AdN too early (thinking you'd get there, based on me having 20 life). By playing the pulse in your turn (i didn't have a chant anyway), I gave you +1 storm.
    - Not cracking the crypt in response to your cabal. You would need 8 more storm and the only engines left in your deck were doomsday (would've been game regardless of what happened I think?) and burning wish for IGG. By cutting you off IGG and playing the pulse during my own turn, your wish-infernal-loop would've been one storm short.
    (EDIT: Although, come to think of it, you could've made a metric f*ckton of gobin tokens, to which I had no answer at the time either...)

Anyway, you played tight and you deserved those byes and the planeticket. Hope to see you at some upcomong tournaments as well, and I wish you the best of luck in Madrid.

FYI, a quick report of my tournament can be found over at the Quinn-thread.

Take care,

Tom

I had a feeling I made a mistake during that game, and your extensive report made me see what I did wrong (screwed up twice, in fact). Here's the play that would have given me the out, I think:
    - Play the Pulse in my own turn, rather than trying to surprise you with it. You'd already played your AdN, so the surprise of having 4 more life wouldn't have mattered - you had your tools ready so it wouldn't create a situation where you stopped drawing cards with AdN too early (thinking you'd get there, based on me having 20 life). By playing the pulse in your turn (i didn't have a chant anyway), I gave you +1 storm.
    - Not cracking the crypt in response to your cabal. You would need 8 more storm and the only engines left in your deck were doomsday (would've been game regardless of what happened I think?) and burning wish for IGG. By cutting you off IGG and playing the pulse during my own turn, your wish-infernal-loop would've been one storm short.
    (EDIT: Although, come to think of it, you could've made a metric f*ckton of gobin tokens, to which I had no answer at the time either...)
    It's why I write reports, to analyze my games and see my mistakes. Glad it helps you as well.
    But yes, I did have an SDT in play so even if you decided to Pulse during your own turn which you wanted to do first but declined eventually I could've gone for the following:
    Infernal Tutor(6,14) for Burning Wish(7,12) into Infernal Tutor(8,10) into Infernal Tutor(9,8) into Doomsday(10,5) for Meditate, LED, LED, Petal, Burning Wish which goes Meditate(11,2), SDT(12,1), LED, LED, Petal (15, 8) followed by Burning Wish(16, 6) for Tendrils (17, 2). Hey I can even throw another Infernal in it for storm count of 18.

I'll check out your report :). Are you coming to the other trials?

Mar 2009
    Gent, Belgium

It's why I write reports, to analyze my games and see my mistakes. Glad it helps you as well.
    But yes, I did have an SDT in play so even if you decided to Pulse during your own turn which you wanted to do first but declined eventually I could've gone for the following:
    Infernal Tutor(6,14) for Burning Wish(7,12) into Infernal Tutor(8,10) into Infernal Tutor(9,8) into Doomsday(10,5) for Meditate, LED, LED, Petal, Burning Wish which goes Meditate(11,2), SDT(12,1), LED, LED, Petal (15, 8) followed by Burning Wish(16, 6) for Tendrils (17, 2). Hey I can even throw another Infernal in it for storm count of 18.

I'll check out your report :). Are you coming to the other trials?
    So many insane plays :).

If my schedule allows it, I'll try and attend the other GPs as well yeah, but I have to admit that my schedule's a pretty cruel mistress atm, with exams and internships and all.

Ciao,

Tom

Infernal Tutor->Doomsday is more efficient because you just build:

Meditate
    LED
    LED
    SDT
    Tendrils of Agony

and make a ton of storm looping SDTs. You'll get 1 more storm per tutor you used by this method.

At Infernal Tutor (6,14) into Doomsday (7, 11) you'd end up with 12, 6 + 2 LED so 20 storm + Tendrils.
    BZK! - Storm Boards

Been there, tried that, still casting Doomsday.
    Drawing my deck for 0 mana since 2013.

Infernal Tutor->Doomsday is more efficient because you just build:

Meditate
    LED
    LED
    SDT
    Tendrils of Agony

and make a ton of storm looping SDTs. You'll get 1 more storm per tutor you used by this method.

At Infernal Tutor (6,14) into Doomsday (7, 11) you'd end up with 12, 6 + 2 LED so 20 storm + Tendrils.
    Gah! So many options! Combo is hard you know.

I completely forgot about the pile to loop SDT's. I should be ashamed of myself :(. And that not a week after asking another stupid question about the same pile you just mentioned.

Thread Information