Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Storming to Top 8 - Winter Wonderland '10

mull to the skull
    Oct 2007
    SoCal

Re: Storming to Top 8 - Winter Wonderland '10

Holy crap dude. I wish I had those kinds of Nauseam draws.

I only play blue for Brainstorm and combo.
    Jan 2008
    Alpharetta, Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by Yesmilord View Post
    Agreed. Would be a lot easier if I wasn't stuck drawing additional Moxen, Tendrils, and unneeded protection spells all the time :)

Bryant, if you don't play poker, I highly recommend you learn to play!
    "I just shot Marvin in the face!"
    "Why the fuck'd you do that??"

xtuffx

Dec 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook View Post
    I didn't think I actually had to spell out every bit of detail but here it goes.

1.) He scoops.

2.) Two lands, one turn.

3.) I combo, he forces. His turn. My turn I Ad Nauseam.

4.) Land was before Dark Ritual. But nonetheless it wasn't hard to figure out on your own.
    I have played Legacy combo zero times, so some of these interactions are foreign to me.

Apr 2006
    Nashville, TN

To Bryant,

First, the reason I was taking my time in the top 8 match is because I was going through all the scenarios on what you might have. I am not going to rush a decision to lose me the match when I know the matchup is in my favor. I'm not sure if he was trying to rush me into a bad decision, but its not going to work.

I've played this game for a lot of years and have a lot of tournament experience. I also didn't appreciate you calling me a little kid since I'm like 8 years older than you.

For the record, I had a lightning bolt the whole time for your xantid swarm since I know you main deck the card. I ended up top decking the 2nd lightning bolt which was irrelevant since you didn't draw a 2nd swarm.

It was fun and I'm sure we will meet again.
    ~Shriek~

Bryant Cook

Quote Originally Posted by nickrit2000 View Post
    To Bryant,

First, the reason I was taking my time in the top 8 match is because I was going through all the scenarios on what you might have. I am not going to rush a decision to lose me the match when I know the matchup is in my favor. I'm not sure if he was trying to rush me into a bad decision, but its not going to work.
    There's a difference between time to make a decision and slow playing. You were taking unnecessary amounts of time on not so hard decisions, spectators agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by nickrit2000 View Post
    I've played this game for a lot of years and have a lot of tournament experience. I also didn't appreciate you calling me a little kid since I'm like 8 years older than you.

For the record, I had a lightning bolt the whole time for your xantid swarm since I know you main deck the card. I ended up top decking the 2nd lightning bolt which was irrelevant since you didn't draw a 2nd swarm.

It was fun and I'm sure we will meet again.
    I Duressed you turn one, there's no way you were holding a Bolt. You had cantrips, Spellsnares, and a Spell Pierce.

explosive
    Feb 2006
    Germany - RLP

Quote Originally Posted by Yesmilord View Post
    I have these draws as well, but I am the one to always run into a Force when I try to go off unprotected. Still, congratz, although I still can't figure out how do you do THAT.
    Team SPOD
    <Der_imaginäre_Freund> props:
    Adan for being the NQG God (drawer)

May 2005

Congrats on the top 8 bro, but you gotta come up with a different thread title next time, "Storming to" is getting old. "Ill-gotten lucksack," "Diminishing placements," "Another Report, Ad Nauseum," "Rite of Lame," "Orim's Can't Get There," "Duresst of the Time I Cried"...

Thread Information