Has anyone tested Sejiri Merfolk?
    2/1 First Strike Lifelink.

Iunno.

Re: [Deck] Bant Aggro and Pro Bant

Quote Originally Posted by xTrainx View Post
    Has anyone tested Sejiri Merfolk?
    2/1 First Strike Lifelink.

Iunno.
    You'd never run it over X Stoneforger Mystic and 1 Umezawa's Jitte.
    Quote Originally Posted by wastedlife View Post
    Breathweapon, I regret saying this but ... I've been liking you more and more every day.

That one will be played in UW merfs, with stp's also main,...
    It's a really good deck then xD

And stoneforge .. is a good card but not good enough in legacy I think, I play it in T2 so^^

Pro Bant
    http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazin...d10/welcome#16

GP Madrid Top 8
    Lluis Restoy
    Main Deck
    60 cards

1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Forest
    1 Island
    3 Misty Rainforest
    1 Plains
    1 Savannah
    4 Tropical Island
    3 Tundra
    4 Windswept Heath
    19 lands

1 Kitchen Finks
    2 Loaming Shaman
    4 Noble Hierarch
    1 Progenitus
    2 Qasali Pridemage
    1 Rafiq of the Many
    3 Rhox War Monk
    4 Tarmogoyf
    18 creatures

2 Bant Charm
    4 Brainstorm
    3 Daze
    4 Force of Will
    3 Natural Order
    2 Ponder
    3 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Sylvan Library
    23 other spells

Sideboard
    1 Empyrial Archangel
    2 Ethersworn Canonist
    3 Kitchen Finks
    2 Krosan Grip
    4 Mindbreak Trap
    3 Relic of Progenitus
    15 sideboard cards
    Last edited by Tarmogoyf; 03-31-2010 at 11:09 PM.

Yeah, I bet on him that he would make atleast top 32 xD
    And I was right, I played his deck before but without bant charms, I think they are to slow.
    and against zoo idk but I think he had luck or something because it's a hard matchup...

Stoneforge Mystic is a good idea for Bant Aggro !!!

GP Madrid, Deck Tech: Mystic Control

Mystic Control by Luis Scott-Vargas

4 Flooded Strand
    1 Island
    4 Misty Rainforest
    4 Mutavault
    1 Plains
    1 Savannah
    2 Tropical Island
    4 Tundra
    21 lands

4 Spellstutter Sprite
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    4 Tarmogoyf
    12 creatures

4 Aether Vial
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Daze
    4 Force of Will
    2 Ponder
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Threads of Disloyalty
    2 Umezawa's Jitte
    27 other spells

Sideboard
    3 Ethersworn Canonist
    2 Hydroblast
    3 Krosan Grip
    2 Meddling Mage
    2 Path to Exile
    3 Tormod's Crypt
    15 sideboard cards

http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=33414

Mystic EquiBant 116 people

creature [16]
    4 Noble Hierarch
    4 Spellstutter Sprite
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    4 Tarmogoyf

instant [15]
    4 Brainstorm
    3 Daze
    4 Force of Will
    4 Swords to Plowshares

sorcery [2]
    2 Ponder

enchantment [2]
    2 Threads of Disloyalty

artifact [4]
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Sword of Light and Shadow
    2 Umezawa's Jitte

land [21]
    4 Flooded Strand
    1 Forest
    1 Island
    4 Misty Rainforest
    4 Mutavault
    1 Plains
    1 Savannah
    3 Tropical Island
    2 Tundra
    60 cards

Sideboard:
    2 Faerie Macabre
    2 Krosan Grip
    4 Path to Exile
    3 Wash Out
    4 Tormod's Crypt
    15 cards

Last edited by Tarmogoyf; 04-08-2010 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmogoyf View Post
    Looks like the top lists have started to exclude NO-Pro combo in favor of a more solid creature base.

Do people think that being more consistant gives more wins compared to the games No-Pro can steal?

Site Contributor

Nov 2009

If you look at the apathy house prices on natural order, you'll see there was a really large spike in prices last month which has since subsided: http://apathyhouse.com/pricelist/pri...Order&x=0&y=0#

Bands with Others
    Jul 2009
    NY, NY

Stoneforge is really good, just finished top 5 on MTGO Classic Challenge 4/11/10(24 man) with MysticBant-Legacy legal list- and that card is powerful.
    Went 5-0 in matches, but scrubbed out top 8 vs Oath on g3(Oath and Tinkers are brutal). The list was made the other night with input from a few friends online and no testing, this thread is largely responsible for me picking the deck and the meta online is rather predictable -Merfolk,ANT,Oath,Bazaar Ichorid- and i sided for them as a result. I maindecked Selkie for the Draw vs Merf,Oath and ANT, loved that thing dearly. I am considering running a MysticBant list for the Legacy dailys(the Legacy PE did not fire) and the meta is all mainly Gobs,Zoo,Countertop w/ NO and some splashes of Animator,Merfolk,Dredge and ANT. Any insight would be very helpful.

[Land] 19

4 Flooded Strand
    1 Forest
    1 Island
    3 Misty Rainforest
    1 Plains
    1 Savannah
    4 Tropical Island
    3 Tundra
    1 Windswept Heath

[Artifact] 7

4 Æther Vial
    1 Relic of Progenitus
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Umezawa's Jitte

[Creature] 18

3 Cold-Eyed Selkie
    4 Noble Hierarch
    1 Qasali Pridemage
    2 Rhox War Monk
    3 Stoneforge Mystic
    4 Tarmogoyf
    1 Trygon Predator

[Instants] 16

4 Brainstorm
    2 Daze
    4 Force of Will
    3 Spell Pierce
    3 Swords to Plowshares

Sideboard

3 Counterbalance-ANT is a beast with Y Will and Tutors, but did not see it once-
    1 Dominating Licid
    4 Leyline of the Void
    3 Nature's Claim
    1 Relic of Progenitus
    3 Sensei's Divining Top

Faced Zoo,Ichorid,Ichorid,Oath and had a 1st round bye(Standard drafter w/ 80 card Std Zvi Mythic Bant deck, nice guy too).

I really want to run some concoction of Stoneforge and Vials for the next DE, just so fun tutoring up Jitt and Mystic-Vialing it in.
    Last edited by menace13; 04-11-2010 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Spelling is failz.

Sep 2009
    minnesota

I just picked up this deck after playing Zoo and Rock for 8 months. I was tired of losing to combo but still wanted to keep the aggro frame of mind. I absolutely loved it, playing it blind without testing into a 35 man tournament I was able to top 8 with a record of 4-1, then losing in the quaterfinals 1-2 to Reanimator. I really feel like this deck is well positioned in the current meta. It is not an auto lose to any deck and has several good matchups. I'll give a brief tourney report here.

Match 1 BR Gobos
    Game 1- Daze his early stuff and let warmonk goyf get there.
    Game 2- Active Jitte for the win
    1-0 2-0-0

Match 2 Reliquary Rock
    Game 1-I get greedy and fetch two nonbasics, lose to wastelock and armageddon
    Game 2- Get some dudes out, Counter his good stuff. Win
    Game 3- I had this game, made a huge combat error that left me with no creatures after his double removal spells. Topdeck mode and he finds what he needs before I do. He also hade crucible/horizon canopy going shoftly after with a top.
    1-1 3-2-0

Match 3 Berserk Stompy
    Game 1- Two for one him with swords, spell pierce a berserk, Goyf and Pridemage all the way.
    Game 2- Active Jitte wins me the game. He did Berserk me for 20, but Jitte with two counters kept me alive.

2-1 4-2-0

Match 4 Reanimator
    Game1- I'm able to counter away his reanimation spells. He does land a blazing achron which gets sworded. Goyf Warmonk for the win. Oh, Sylvan Library was nuts in this match up.
    Game 2- I side in 3 Meddling Mage, 4 Crypts, 1 Relic (should be 3 and 2) and a spell pierce. Meddling mage shuts off his reanimation spell and I get there easily with Meddling mage and Warmonk.

3-1 6-2-0

Match 5 Counter-Top Zur the Enchanter.
    Game 1- A friend of mine with a great build that has had a lot of success with. We are both 3-1 playing to make top 8. He gets land screwed and scoops early.
    Game 2- A lot of back and forth. Really good magic, answering each other continuously, he eventually Resolves Zurr at about turn 15 and does his thing for the win.
    Game 3- Sylvan Library won me this game. Back and forth again. Probably the most fun game of Magic I have ever played and best as well. I was able to draw 4 extra cards off of Sylvan which ended up being the difference. A jitte on Warmonk finished him after he Threads of Disloyalty my goyf.

4-1 8-3-0

Top 8 Quaterfinal Reanimator.
    Game 1- There were 7 Reanimator decks at this 35 person tourney. 2 made top 8. Game one he does his thing with Iona and I dont have any counter magic.
    Game 2-Lock him out with double Meddling Mage for the win.
    Game 3- I keep a one lander with daze, Crypt, double spell pierce. Dont draw a land for 9 turns and lose. Definately feel I could have made it a good game with one more land. He null rods my Crypt and relic. hahaha

4-2 9-5-0

My list

4x Tarmogoyf
    4x Noble Heirarch
    3x Qasili Pridemage
    3x Rhox War Monk
    2x Trygon Predator
    2x Stoneforge Mystic

2x Jitte

2x Sylvan Library

4x Force of Will
    3x Daze
    4x Brainstorm
    3x Spell Pierce
    1x Ponder
    4x Swords

9x Fetches
    7x Duals
    3x basics

SB
    3x Meddling Mage
    4x Crypts
    1x Relic (should be 2 and 3
    3x Pithing Needle
    1x Spell Pierce
    1x Rhox Warmonk
    2x Engineered Explosives

I did not side in EE once, Definately going to add another Meddling Mage, maybe take out an EE. I really would like to add a third sylvan, its boss with all the lifegain in this deck.
    Meta breakdown from what I remember.

7x Reanimator
    4x BGW Rock
    1x Zoo
    2x Merfolk
    3x Gobos
    2x Lands
    2x Ant
    4x Iona (rock shell and Bant)
    1x Stompy
    2x Canadian Thresh
    1x Stax
    3x Dredge
    1x Zurr
    1x MUC
    xx rogue builds
    Suprising low number of Counter top and Zoo. Top 8 were 3 Rock builds, 2 Reanimators, Legacy Vengevine, Bant Aggro, Ninja Faeries?

Bands with Others
    Jul 2009
    NY, NY

Hey nice list and congrats on the finish.I just ran up another top 8(split in finals to 2nd) on MTGO Classic last weekend with Bant Aggro(tho it is more Selkie strike with Vials -since Null Rod is dead w/o Vaults and jewelry-).Played vs Merfolk like 4 or 5 times i don't even remember anymore it was so bad, same list as my last post -1 Mystic -1 Vial -1 Relic for 2 Prides and 3rd Daze and sb switch from Leylines(hated mulling to oblivion and not being able to cast-tho they did win a few Ichorid mus-) to Relic/Crypt split.

I wouldn't go for the 3rd Library because i do not like to see the 2nd unless it's off the one in play already-most zoo lists play 2 and we also get Ponder/Bstorm, while i agree the life gain in a deck with RWM, exalted triggers and (4) Jitte is good.

Pridemage is better in almost every mu to me than Predator is; Exalted,Does not have to survive and connect and is 2 turns faster. The only nod Predator gets is under a CBalance it may resolve and the obligatory pitches to FoW. I have not tested the Animator mu at all with this thing, but i do play vs Oath a ton and i use Dominating Licid(my Vials are set to 3) if they do not name Blue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavius The Great View Post
    Respect my shine bitch!

just wants to cuddle
    Jan 2006
    Geneseo NY

Quote Originally Posted by menace13 View Post
    i do play vs Oath a ton and i use Dominating Licid(my Vials are set to 3) if they do not name Blue.
    That seems largely irrelevant in legacy since oath is banned.
    I'm here to kick ass and play card games.

BZK

Bands with Others
    Jul 2009
    NY, NY

Quote Originally Posted by rsaunder View Post
    Animator plays Iona and it can also grab Sphinx,Terastodon and Archon for w/e reason they may play it however unlikely that they should, Licid is also a proactive measure in that Iona can not land on the board now.
    Yes, Oath is banned. Was i speaking on how to combat Oath the enchantment or deck??/ Iona was what i mentioned Licid being my answer for. Ty k buhbye
    Respect my shine bitch!

Apr 2010
    California

Quote Originally Posted by rsaunder View Post
    The licid in the sb is also good vs, you guessed it, other creature decks. It's a different type of shackles for decks that run less islands and do run vials.

I've seen the Dominating Licid steal goyfs or lords away in matches. Do not underestimate this creature as a one-of in the sideboard. The licid also creates cute combat tricks by first blocking and then stealing a creature to effectively fog two creatures a turn after it is cast. If anything, the licid pitches to FoW.

Bands with Others
    Jul 2009
    NY, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Salogy View Post
    The licid in the sb is also good vs, you guessed it, other creature decks. It's a different type of shackles for decks that run less islands and do run vials.

I've seen the Dominating Licid steal goyfs or lords away in matches. Do not underestimate this creature as a one-of in the sideboard. The licid also creates cute combat tricks by first blocking and then stealing a creature to effectively fog two creatures a turn after it is cast. If anything, the licid pitches to FoW.
    Stop stalking my replays you cyber stalker.....
    Respect my shine bitch!

Mar 2010
    Granby BEACH!!!(Quebec)

to JadeOberg

Can you post or Pm me the Vengevine Legacy decklist if you have it ^^

Good Job for your results

I have been testing a Bant list that includes Reveillark as a card advantage/finisher piece. It has been running pretty smoothly, let me know what you think.

4x Tarmogoyf
    4x Noble Hierarch
    3x Knight of the Reliquary
    3x Reveillark
    2x Qasali Pridemage
    2x Sower of Temptation
    1x Eternal Witness

4x Force of Will
    4x Brainstorm
    4x Swords to Plowshares
    4x Daze
    2x Wipe Away
    1x Primal Command

4x Misty Rainforest
    4x Windswept Heath
    4x Tropical Island
    2x Savannah
    2x Tundra
    3x Island
    2x Forest
    1x Plains

Sep 2009
    minnesota

Had a weekly Legacy tournament with 20plus participants. Went 2-2, missing top eight. Same list as above except -1 ponder -1 trygon +1 warmonk +1 vendillion clique. Added another Meddling Mage to the board as well.

Match 1 Reanimator
    He blows me out game one. Game two I get with Meddling Mages going in for the kill while locking him out. Game three was very close, I was able to get him to 1 life before he stabalized and crushed me with big dudes. Null rod blows out my board.

0-1 1-2

Match 2 Monoblack Control "trainwreck"?

Game one he ends up scooping in the 12 turn or so. He had been keeping himself alive with Staff of Dom with double urborg for 4 turns. Game two took forever. I should have scooped earlier as he eventually beat me after 30 minutes of back and forth. Game three. Unfortunately we played very quickly and he was able to beat me on the fifth turn of Time with a 8/8 Korlash.

0-2 2-4

Match 3 UWB Countertop

Game one he isn't able to resolve a threat and eventually my dudes get there. He scooped up after game one, dissappointed with his deck.

1-2 4-4

Match 4 UWB Countertop
    I don't remember the details of this match but it went to three games, Pithing needles were great on his tops, and Sylvan Library drew me a ton of cards. Two UWB countertops in a row?

2-2 6-5-0

Observations. Trygon Predator is not as good a Pridemage. He is coming out and a fourth QP is coming in for that "instant" removal. 4th warmonk back to the board. Going to try a Sower of temptation in his place. Sideboard is going to be retooled. I'm going to try leylines and/or macabre. Null rod kills my GY hate. I feel like 1 stone forge out and 1 jitte out as well and send a jitte to the board. Not sure though. It was annoying as I hardly saw counterspells in my opening hands, so I don't want to change to much until I get more results.

Bands with Others
    Jul 2009
    NY, NY

Quote Originally Posted by JadeOberg View Post

Observations. Trygon Predator is not as good a Pridemage. He is coming out and a fourth QP is coming in for that "instant" removal. 4th warmonk back to the board. Going to try a Sower of temptation in his place. Sideboard is going to be retooled. I'm going to try leylines and/or macabre. Null rod kills my GY hate. I feel like 1 stone forge out and 1 jitte out as well and send a jitte to the board. Not sure though. It was annoying as I hardly saw counterspells in my opening hands, so I don't want to change to much until I get more results.
    Predator is still good, but better in board for g2-3 where additional cleanup is needed. I wouldn't get rid of it even as a single copy being it has evasion for your equips and does enough to improve match ups. The problem with Leyline is not having any way to cast it and against animator, Macabre still works really well limiting their lines of play around it and shutting of bounce and destroy spells. Stifle-almost never played-,Needle x2 in most lists and Discard-troublesome-, tho i guess they could with a single target in yard cast Exhume and wait for the Macab trigger to play Entomb after it resolves with Exhume left on stack.

I like the mystic-equip package with 1 of each sword or at very least SoFI(most flyers tend to be blue) adding Sowers and Clique plays into this well. Funny you said the counterspell in openers was an issue, I have had the same feeling(10 sounded good in theory). Vintage Noble Fish usually plays the same exact 4/3/3 suite w/o 4 Bstorm and/or Ponders. I would like to try adding Ponder as well, but haven't found room. Bant decks are highly customizable; Elspeth and Jace,NOrder,gazillion sb options... etc. Anything in UU,GG and WW, those colors can be played and utilized to good effect with the help of Noble color fixing, as the lists demonstrate in their variability in showings.
    Respect my shine bitch!

Thread Information