Page 113 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 2609

Thread: [Deck] Bant

Joe Cool Above All
    Sep 2007

Re: [Deck] Bant

I think the biggest draw is MD Decays and an easier mana base. If the format is moving towards more Sultai decks though, I think this gets better as it uses TNN more effectively.

A lot of people swapped some number of stp with decay main already- but the main difference is stoneforge, more equipment, the mana base, and white sb options- just wondering if people's reasons were that they didn't think sfm was as effective as it used to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe Cool Above All
    Sep 2007

I'm not sure really, but maybe people feel like SFM is poorly positioned outside of D&T.

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

1. Fatal push assisted BUG delver. What does STP answer that Fatal push does in legacy. Maybe a larit token?

2. SFM is slow as fuck. Eldrazi would punish you by the time you get a skull on board. Keep in mind they also run that removal spell...slipped my mind to kill plow. Thought knot also kills ur SFM package.

3. The format is so fast now, waiting until turn 3 to do something is unreasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by TSmiley View Post
    A lot of people swapped some number of stp with decay main already- but the main difference is stoneforge, more equipment, the mana base, and white sb options- just wondering if people's reasons were that they didn't think sfm was as effective as it used to be.
    I think some of the change is simply because a deck in the same vein as Bant did well, and people want to try it out. Equipment in Bant make it the scariest of the TNN decks, and the one that can get out of the most tough spots. I also think Bant has much better sideboard options.

I moved away from Bant because I wanted more stable mana. I got tired of routinely losing to delver where in one of the three games I couldn't cast a spell in my hand due to mana disruption, causing match losses. I think Kobe overstates the need for speed in the format. Right now I am actually mostly playing BUG aluren because I like the matchup against the other BUG decks (TNN, shardless, and various control) as well as the delver and D&T decks.

Victory Dance ftw?
    Feb 2006

Quote Originally Posted by KobeBryan View Post
    What does STP answer that Fatal push does not in legacy. Maybe a larit token?
    This is my main reason for keeping white. I think the things I can hit with StP that are not hit (or not reliably hit) by Push are significant. Gurmag Angler, Mirran Crusader, all sorts of Eldrazi, Gristlebrand in a variety of decks, other reanimator targets, Marit Lage, Dragon Stompy creatures, and of course random janky things everywhere.

I also like the white SB options and the way that Stoneforge tends to to ruin Delver decks, which are a local favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape
    <Dallieza> your mom uses the stack
    <System> Player Lost
    Every time someone drops a Chalice against me I think of the Family Guy episode where the guy in jail stabs himself with the knife to see how it feels and then he says, "My God! Is this what I've been doing to people? I belong in here!"
    Referring to the art on Stasis:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinder View Post
    Well, uh...the mime, you see, is....um...

God, is that furry bondage?

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrislegend View Post
    This is my main reason for keeping white. I think the things I can hit with StP that are not hit (or not reliably hit) by Push are significant. Gurmag Angler, Mirran Crusader, all sorts of Eldrazi, Gristlebrand in a variety of decks, other reanimator targets, Marit Lage, Dragon Stompy creatures, and of course random janky things everywhere.

I also like the white SB options and the way that Stoneforge tends to to ruin Delver decks, which are a local favorite.
    The white package may not be fast enough to beat Eldrazi.

Is Cancer

Jul 2014

Quote Originally Posted by KobeBryan View Post
    1. Fatal push assisted BUG delver. What does STP answer that Fatal push does in legacy. Maybe a larit token?

2. SFM is slow as fuck. Eldrazi would punish you by the time you get a skull on board. Keep in mind they also run that removal spell...slipped my mind to kill plow. Thought knot also kills ur SFM package.

3. The format is so fast now, waiting until turn 3 to do something is unreasonable.
    1. Reanimator targets (all of them?), Angler/Tombstalker, Marit Lage (I guess..), Mirran Crusader, 3+ CMC things when RiP is in play.

2&3 - I basically agree.

IMO, if you're gonna be in bant, you probably want to drop all the equip-cutesy stuff and find a better interaction path. Either playing the long game with Snaps, Mentor, etc, or going for lock outs with some combination of Stifle, Loam, KotR.

That said, you may just consider playing burn while BUG is everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestalim View Post
    Wrong. Gideon Emblem protect you from losing and you can even open your binder and slam some cards on the board, not even the HJ can DQ you now.

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by tescrin View Post
    1. Reanimator targets (all of them?), Angler/Tombstalker, Marit Lage (I guess..), Mirran Crusader, 3+ CMC things when RiP is in play.

2&3 - I basically agree.

IMO, if you're gonna be in bant, you probably want to drop all the equip-cutesy stuff and find a better interaction path. Either playing the long game with Snaps, Mentor, etc, or going for lock outs with some combination of Stifle, Loam, KotR.

You also need to take a look at the meta

With so many chalice decks and DRS decks now, reanimator isn't cutting it.

People run 1 Tomb, 1 angler in a deck MAX.

As for marit laige, you probably be lucky to run into one in a tournament.

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by tescrin View Post

2&3 - I basically agree.

I wanna play new Thalia. I'm not sure if its good.

Br reanimator feels faster than drs- in game one at least. As far as the eldrazi matchup goes- I've found tnn just wrecks them- and adding an equipment into the equation makes it a landslide- is anyone else having trouble with eldrazi?

Br reanimator feels faster than drs- in game one at least. As far as the eldrazi matchup goes- I've found tnn just wrecks them- and adding an equipment into the equation makes it a landslide- is anyone else having trouble with eldrazi?

I also really like the Bant v Eldrazi matchup, from the bant side. Plow, TNN, daze, equipment all do work. They have to have a very aggressive hand to compete. Bant also plays well through chalice.

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

I still think this deck is pretty good, I've got access to a friends online account for a bit and played it through a league yesterday going 5-0 - https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/593828#paper

You should be able to watch a replay here if anyone is interested - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/128458927

There's a bunch of mistakes in the Miracles match, ignore those! I'll be running it a few more times and see how it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

Joe Cool Above All
    Sep 2007

I was excited to see that list do well, I'd def want a Bayou though, maybe over Waste 4?

Victory Dance ftw?
    Feb 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Whitefaces View Post
    I still think this deck is pretty good, I've got access to a friends online account for a bit and played it through a league yesterday going 5-0 - https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/593828#paper
    I like that list a lot! SB Nahiri is super spicy.

My only real concern is the mana base (but it is very possible that I'm just out of date). No basics? Fetching for a single basic Forest early on, to guarantee the capacity to cast your mana dorks through Wasteland and Blood Moon, seems like a huge boost in stability for fairly little cost.
    <Dallieza> your mom uses the stack
    <System> Player Lost
    Every time someone drops a Chalice against me I think of the Family Guy episode where the guy in jail stabs himself with the knife to see how it feels and then he says, "My God! Is this what I've been doing to people? I belong in here!"
    Referring to the art on Stasis:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinder View Post
    Well, uh...the mime, you see, is....um...

God, is that furry bondage?

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Quote Originally Posted by HSCK View Post
    I was excited to see that list do well, I'd def want a Bayou though, maybe over Waste 4?
    Yeah, there's been a bunch of spots where I've wanted a Bayou in the deck, but I'm also trying to keep the amount of non blue duals to a minimum because of Daze. Of course Wasteland swapping for it wouldn't make a difference in that regard, though having the full set with the dorks and dazes has given this pretty surprising tempo game to it. I'll try a Bayou over the fourth Waste though, could be a good change. I used to only have Decays in the board and the full set of StP main, so the manabase is a throwback to that. Will need to change up the fetches to accomodate this ambitious manabase.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrislegend View Post
    I like that list a lot! SB Nahiri is super spicy.

My only real concern is the mana base (but it is very possible that I'm just out of date). No basics? Fetching for a single basic Forest early on, to guarantee the capacity to cast your mana dorks through Wasteland and Blood Moon, seems like a huge boost in stability for fairly little cost.
    I used to have a forest in the list last year but it was always too awkward on the mana. The decks leans on the eight dorks very heavily, but I've not been too punished by it yet. I've been happier without the basic.
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

Efro featured the deck on the 18th in one of his weekly articles- looks like it's whitefaces list who someone took to 5-0

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Efro featured the deck on the 18th in one of his weekly articles- looks like it's whitefaces list who someone took to 5-0

Sweet! Yeah that's me (on a friends account), thanks for pointing it out.

Thumbs up!

How has dropping sylvan library been? With the number of abrupt decay running around I've considered it but I really like it game one against miracles.

Thread Information