Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [SCG 5K Dallas] 13th with Aggro Loam

Plays green decks
    Nov 2006
    Portland

Re: [SCG 5K Dallas] 13th with Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Aggro_zombies View Post
    The only time all day that I regretted not having Wish was against Enchantress, because then Wishing for Reverent Silence would have made my life much easier. I don't think Wish would have been better than just having really compelling draws, and Maelstrom Pulse is able to emulate a number of Wishboard slots pretty well. I also like having a real sideboard.

EDIT: I love my list and have had this list (within a couple cards) for months.
    I was just trying to find a way to keep Dreams in game 1, but not have it take up slots lol. It's also good at grabbing that lone Worm Harvest or a Firespout. It definitely works without Wish though.

Man I didn't even look, I just assumed Convergence was a sorcery. Although I did see tons of Aggro Loam lists without Wish on the weekend (they tended to have Pulse instead).

Converging Enchantress takes them a few turns to get going. You bounce all their draw effects and a large amount of their mana. At the very least, you give yourself a few turns to attack them without being confinement locked.
    Magic Level 3 Judge
    Southern USA Regional Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by frogboy View Post
    Battle with a ragtag crew of adorable misfits. Narcomoeba and Golgari Thug hook up before the end of the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    Please be less rambling in your next post. I only bothered with figuring out what the fuck you were trying to ask because I took it as a challenge.

Old Man Rogue
    Oct 2003
    Woosta, Mass.

Unless you've already DD'd, you don't bounce all their draw, you end up bouncing half their draw. A smart Enchantress player, unless you play Ghost Quarter, can stack their mana enchantments on one or two land, negating that effect with an Argothian on board. The situation gets much worse if the Enchantress player has a Sanctum active, although being able to cast Convergence EOT does give you a one turn window of opportunity. As was pointed out, Convergence followed by DD should be game over...if you can set it up with a proper threat on the board.
    TL,DR: if you think Saito is ok, check your moral compass. It may be broken. - Spikey Mikey, amen brother

WE know what the price of progress is (often 8-10 life). - Cait Sith

A casual stasis deck? You must not really like your friends. Do you play it before or after you pull the wings off of flys and microwave the neighbor's cat? - EwokSlayer

Samurais suck
    May 2006
    Portland, OR

Quote Originally Posted by Aggro_zombies View Post
    I don't recall ever activating Stronghold, but it's historically been quite strong in a number of matchups: Zoo is the biggest, but there are a number of times where an early Crusher doesn't survive or your opponent has the trump burn spell in the Tarmogoyf war.
    Thanks. I was just curious because I never activated my Stronghold all day either, and I've noticed in the past that I often go several matches in a row without activating it.
    Team Info-Ninja: Shhh... We don't exist.

Island, go!
    Jun 2009
    Golden Gate Bridge, USA

Congrats on your finish. It seem like you have made the right choice bring aggro loam to Dallas.

Thread Information