Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top 2 with Aggro-Loam at Mirkwood

Nov 2004
    Belgium

Re: Top 2 with Aggro-Loam at Mirkwood

@Volt: thank you very much for clarifying!

I've played Aggro Loam for some time and with some success in tournements. I'm rebuilding the deck and cannot decide on some things: DD or not, how good is Maelstrom Pulse (very good in my opinion and I'd like 3), should I play one Eternal Witness or is that just being fancy, how many Seismic Assaults do I want, Burning Wish or no (I think the correct answer is no), how useful/clever is one terminate versus another Engineered Explosives (has always been amazing)/Maelstrom Pulse/extra creature and what about the sideboard!? Do I want Pithing Needles, graveyard hate, combo hate (I've won all my games versus combo up 'til now knock on wood), board sweepers like Firespout, ... It'd better be versatile because a metagame is almost impossible to predict. So many 'good' choices in Legacy at the moment! Which is great of course.

I've read the thread on Aggro Loam but there is always so much silly and repetitive 'advice' from people who don't even actually play the deck! Sifting through the bulk there is wisdom but it just takes too long... and now I'm rambling myself... :)

It'll be up to testing! Thanks for your answers!

Robrecht

Samurais suck
    May 2006
    Portland, OR

I T2'ed at Mirkwood again yesterday (2/21) with Aggro-Loam. There were approx 28 people, which was mildly disappointing. Same deck list as last time. Very brief mini-report:

Round 1: Curb-stomped a BW deck with Sinkholes and Vindicates.

Round 2: Got curb-stomped by a Pro-Bant deck. He curved out perfectly with creatures in game 1, and countered pretty much everything I did. Then he ramped right up to 4 mana in the second game and cast Natural Order.

Round 3: Curb-stomped a Goblins deck. Seismic Assault just owned him in both games.

Round 4: Curb-stomped a Zoo deck. Won game 1 when I Wasted his first land. Won game 2 on the back of a free Hymn to Tourach.

Round 5: ID. Proceeded to play some funsy games, and curb-stomped someone's Survival/Natural Order concoction with my revamped D&T deck. Stoneforge Mystic is ridiculous.

Top 8: Curb-stomped a Pro-Bant deck. Well, maybe not curb-stomped, but I won 2-0. Both games were fairly hard-fought, though.

Top 4: Pro-Bant again. Same guy who beat me in Round 2. I exacted my revenge. Curb-stomped him, in fact.

Top 2: Got curb-stomped by Max (FrogBoy) playing Ichorid, predictably. Oh well.

Max got a Mox Sapphire. I got an Italian Tabernacle. I went home happy.
    Team Info-Ninja: Shhh... We don't exist.

Arbitrary Wielder of Justice

Oct 2003

Won game 2 on the back of a free Hymn to Tourach.
    ?
    When in doubt, mumble.

When in trouble, delegate.

Jan 2009
    Hannover [Germany]

28 people with mox and tabernacle in prices?
    Whats the buy in for these tournaments?

Arbitrary Wielder of Justice

Oct 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Maxe View Post
    28 people with mox and tabernacle in prices?
    Whats the buy in for these tournaments?
    $30.
    When in doubt, mumble.

When in trouble, delegate.

Samurais suck
    May 2006
    Portland, OR

Quote Originally Posted by frogboy View Post
    ?
    He mulled to 5.
    Team Info-Ninja: Shhh... We don't exist.

The Ineffable
    Nov 2007

Curb-stomped your new favorite word or something? Congrats though!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rico Suave View Post
    Few things are as vague, nondescript, and frustrating as when people talk about tempo on a MTG website.

Thread Information