Page 341 of 343 FirstFirst ... 241291331337338339340341342343 LastLast
Results 6,801 to 6,820 of 6857

Thread: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Havrekjex View Post
    Just to clarify:

If/when paper legacy becomes as rare as paper vintage is today, you expect duals to maintain their current prices or go higher?

I'm not making any claims to to the contrary, I don't know this shit. That's why I'm here asking all the stupid questions.
    My expectation is, that duals would not take a significant drop even if legacy takes the way of vintage.

If all legacy players sold their Duals today, yes maybe. But since it will be a slow death the market will just absorb, EDH is probably the format with the most players allready plus you have all the hoarders/speculators/collectors/bitcoinmoneypeople.

They should've put Noble Hierarch in M19, have it get dumpstered by Chain Whirler, then let us pick it up after they ban DRS.

Quote Originally Posted by MorphBerlin View Post
    My expectation is, that duals would not take a significant drop even if legacy takes the way of vintage.

If all legacy players sold their Duals today, yes maybe. But since it will be a slow death the market will just absorb, EDH is probably the format with the most players allready plus you have all the hoarders/speculators/collectors/bitcoinmoneypeople.
    EDH has some players, true, but people usually ignore the rise of 93/94. It's a format without fetchlands, and duals are usually played in playsets. All players of 2-color decks will want a playset of those colors dual land. It's worst when decks have 3 or more colors... The last deck I played was a UGR with a playset of volcanics, tropicals and taigas.

Yup. 93/94 is the rising format people here look like don't understand enough.

Quote Originally Posted by raudo View Post
    Yup. 93/94 is the rising format people here look like don't understand enough.
    Exactly, and those are mostly older players with lot of disposable income. Thats why I mean tthese people will soak up any duals coming from a diminishing legacy player base.

Exactly, and those are mostly older players with lot of disposable income. Thats why I mean tthese people will soak up any duals coming from a diminishing legacy player base.
    Yep, I know people who has gone full swedish in less than half a year (full power, many UNL duals, AN serendibs, ...). Not that I think it's the best way to play the format (too elitist, I prefer it full proxy, or at least with non foil original art and border reprints) but it's more expensive so it serves as an example. And they don't care about spending that much money so fast, as they could probably sell it in the future for even more money.

Usually it is embarassing to say what I said. But I tried about half a year ago in this topic to say that now it is last warning to buy Cities of Brass (AN) under $100 and Serendib Efreets (AN) under $200. But people just said that they are reprinted so why they would rise in prise. Both are used as 4-of in the most of best old school decks.

Ooh... Shiny!

Aug 2005
    Raincouver

If the 93/94 FB groups I'm in are any indication, it's not exactly people with oodles of money buying this stuff haha

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
    If the 93/94 FB groups I'm in are any indication, it's not exactly people with oodles of money buying this stuff haha
    This is good insight, a vast majority of OS players are on a budget. They share the same nostalgia but largely the comminuties aren't geared toward Full Swedish style card pools. French OS and EC are by far the most popular format styles of Oldschool because of the "proxy" allowance and a slightly bigger card pool.
    One group I'm is all about the purist format, and all obv everyone makes enough money to compete, where in another group everyone is about getting decks and players together no matter how ragged and cheapo the cards are.

I think it demostrates the Pareto rule (80/20) quite well: that a smaller portion of the player base (e.g. Purists [no hating!]) have a disproportionately larger influence on the market than the majority of players in the format slinging old cardboard.

Prediction: within a decade a format spawns like the pauper version of Swedish Oldschool. Cheapo as possible, no one can play with P9 or the like, pimp is how ugly your cards can be and yet still be sleeve playable

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by jandax View Post
    pimp is how ugly your cards can be and yet still be sleeve playable
    Finally my time to rise has come!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    Finally my time to rise has come!
    I knew my 5000 count box of gross white border cards would come in handy one day!
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Revised USea took a pretty big dump on MCM. Any insight? DRS ban related?

Jul 2016
    Forever dark woods

Quote Originally Posted by whocansay View Post
    Revised USea took a pretty big dump on MCM. Any insight? DRS ban related?
    Most of the Revised Duals stabilised or started to go down. That is not the case for FWB and FBB.

edit: Maybe the spike of prices in Europe came from the success of the Legacy GP in the UK. After the banning of the most "entertaining" deck (Grixis) . It might fall to obscurity and people start to sell cards. You can get already a lot of stuff on ebay below the market value.

Yeah, perhaps. Trops went up quite a bit so it seems like a metagame-related shift. I'm still tempted to sell everything though, these prices are just insane. How long before the bubble bursts, I wonder.

Jul 2016
    Forever dark woods

Quote Originally Posted by whocansay View Post
    Yeah, perhaps. Trops went up quite a bit so it seems like a metagame-related shift. I'm still tempted to sell everything though, these prices are just insane. How long before the bubble bursts, I wonder.
    I do not want to suggest anything, but if you want to sell do it before Arena will come online. With WotC you do not know what other stupid decision they will make. With the paper quality declining and a professional online platform on the way.

The incoming months will be very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Matsu View Post
    I do not want to suggest anything, but if you want to sell do it before Arena will come online. With WotC you do not know what other stupid decision they will make. With the paper quality declining and a professional online platform on the way.

The incoming months will be very interesting.
    Realistically eternal formats arent going to be on Arena any time soon. Considering it took mtgo roughly 10 years (I think) to round out card availability for eternal formats, both through releasing old or supplementary sets, there are a lot of cards that would need to be released. They aren't going to release it all at once, and they have to fit it in between the currently cramped release schedule of products they are already doing. And all of this is assuming Arena survives and flourishes, which is definitely not a guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Realistically eternal formats arent going to be on Arena any time soon. Considering it took mtgo roughly 10 years (I think) to round out card availability for eternal formats, both through releasing old or supplementary sets, there are a lot of cards that would need to be released. They aren't going to release it all at once, and they have to fit it in between the currently cramped release schedule of products they are already doing. And all of this is assuming Arena survives and flourishes, which is definitely not a guarantee.
    I won't play if I cannot throw my chaos orb

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by guillemnicolau View Post
    I won't play if I cannot throw my chaos orb
    Chaos Confetti minigame!
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

Sayin'

That don't translate to digital.

You're the same username on reddit right?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

I don't do reddit. Just the Source. And Discord.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Thread Information