Page 307 of 343 FirstFirst ... 207257297303304305306307308309310311317 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,140 of 6857

Thread: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

Yeah it more benefits Pox/Stax than lands probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

The irony would be, if you made a Tabernacle with Sac, it would be slightly worse for us. Because right now we can "Forget" the trigger on the Witch.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

I ran two for a while, dropped back down to one. There are decks that can play more than one Tabernacle but it's not Combo Lands.
    There's a difference between running two with the same name vs two you can have in play at the same time. Still maybe it would be better in RUG.

The irony would be, if you made a Tabernacle with Sac, it would be slightly worse for us. Because right now we can "Forget" the trigger on the Witch.
    Worse for budget players who run only the new one, not worse for us if we can run both.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Eh. Outside of legends rule decks already don't run multiple Tabernacle. Doubt it would be overly relevant
    Legends rules a thing though. Maybe two is still to many, as it doesn't help vs our worst matches.

But you would need a lot of fair/creature decks in your meta to want two actual Tabernacles. You'd need less to run two with different names.
    Supremacy 2020 is the modern era game of nuclear brinksmanship! My blog:
    https://fieldmarshalshandbook.wordpress.com

You can play Lands.dec in EDH too! My primer:
    http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/t...lara-lands-dec

Nov 2006
    London

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Yeah it more benefits Pox/Stax than lands probably.
    Vintage sideboards can play up to 4.

Im out. Officially selling the lot and headed to the beaches of cape cod for some well deserved r&r (and heavy alcohol consumption). I'll be keeping dredge as its my fav deck, everything else I'm turning into a lobster roll or martini.

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by jimmythegreek View Post
    Im out. Officially selling the lot and headed to the beaches of cape cod for some well deserved r&r (and heavy alcohol consumption). I'll be keeping dredge as its my fav deck, everything else I'm turning into a lobster roll or martini.
    Keep 10% of what you have, you might be able to buy a house for it 20 years from now.

What happened that made Bloodbraid Elf spike on MTGO?

AKA - Vogmudet
    Jun 2012
    Las Vegas, NV

Quote Originally Posted by cab0747 View Post
    What happened that made Bloodbraid Elf spike on MTGO?
    It was very briefly unbanned in Modern on the MTGO Beta. It was fixed rather quickly though.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Yeah people speculated that it was going to be unbanned
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Any ideas when Zendikar fetches will be reprinted? I think selling all quite soon would make sense. Polluted deltas now about third of their former prices. The same fate will be for Zendikars. But when..

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by raudo View Post
    Any ideas when Zendikar fetches will be reprinted? I think selling all quite soon would make sense. Polluted deltas now about third of their former prices. The same fate will be for Zendikars. But when..
    Who knows? There really isn't any way to guess what they plan on doing, but I doubt if they want fetches back into Standard any time soon. The interval between Zendikar (the first) and Khans is 4 years (2009 to 2013) so I'd say 2017 is possible, although somewhat doubtful. 2018 is more probable in my estimation. So, maybe soonish?
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Who knows? There really isn't any way to guess what they plan on doing, but I doubt if they want fetches back into Standard any time soon. The interval between Zendikar (the first) and Khans is 4 years (2009 to 2013) so I'd say 2017 is possible, although somewhat doubtful. 2018 is more probable in my estimation. So, maybe soonish?
    Hopefully sooner than later. Want 4 Catacombs but not at this price.
    "I made a Redguard that looks like Kimbo Slice. He wrecks peoples' shit. And dragons." - Bignasty197

Jul 2008
    Seattle, WA

I think it's a safe bet Zen fetches will be reprinted in a Standard legal set rather than MMA EMA Commander etc. The latter sets have no problem selling themselves and Wizards wouldn't waste the fetches on them. Putting the fetches in a Standard legal set guarantees pack sales.

When? Who knows... Kaladesh is possible, though unlikely considering it appears to be an artifact-themed block. Although it would be cool for standard players to continue fetching the BFZ duals for another year.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by GenghisTom View Post
    I think it's a safe bet Zen fetches will be reprinted in a Standard legal set rather than MMA EMA Commander etc. The latter sets have no problem selling themselves and Wizards wouldn't waste the fetches on them. Putting the fetches in a Standard legal set guarantees pack sales.

When? Who knows... Kaladesh is possible, though unlikely considering it appears to be an artifact-themed block. Although it would be cool for standard players to continue fetching the BFZ duals for another year.
    Dunno how many more crappy sets they try to sell with reprints of Fetchlands
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Dunno how many more crappy sets they try to sell with reprints of Fetchlands
    Khans of Tarkir was a pretty solid and relatively high-powered set, in my opinion. Just for perspective, Lemnear, what was the last block you thought wasn't crappy?

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by GenghisTom View Post
    Indeed, I think it is very doubtful to see fetches in Kaladesh. It also seems unlikely to be in Amonkhet, desert themed fetches? What does an Egyptian desert themed Misty Rainforest look like?

Last half of 2017 or 2018 seems like a much more likely bet in my mind.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by ESG View Post
    Khans of Tarkir was a pretty solid and relatively high-powered set, in my opinion. Just for perspective, Lemnear, what was the last block you thought wasn't crappy?
    Original Innistrad. It had style, a theme and useful mechanics. Afterwards it went imo downhill with:

- Return to Ravnica: Return block with Maze Runner gimmick which was unable to pickup the original flavor. Jace sucks and so the mechanics
    - Theros: Enchantment-Themed block without actual enchantments. Lame setting and mechanics
    - Khans: Story is a mess spread over thousands of years and timetraveling Sarkhan. Too many fatties and shitty manacurce for limited. Negative impact on Eternal thanks to Delve
    - zendikar 2: Totally misses what made the original block cool. Eldrazi everywhere. Worst mechanics and story I can remember in the last 12 years of MTG #EldraziBBQ
    - Innistrad 2: Replaces the horror theme of the original block with more Eldrazi and Jacetice League bullshit

So, für me every block since 2012 was shit
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Feb 2012
    Tienen

Original Innistrad. It had style, a theme and useful mechanics. Afterwards it went imo downhill with:

- Return to Ravnica: Return block with Maze Runner gimmick which was unable to pickup the original flavor. Jace sucks and so the mechanics
    - Theros: Enchantment-Themed block without actual enchantments. Lame setting and mechanics
    - Khans: Story is a mess spread over thousands of years and timetraveling Sarkhan. Too many fatties and shitty manacurce for limited. Negative impact on Eternal thanks to Delve
    - zendikar 2: Totally misses what made the original block cool. Eldrazi everywhere. Worst mechanics and story I can remember in the last 12 years of MTG #EldraziBBQ
    - Innistrad 2: Replaces the horror theme of the original block with more Eldrazi and Jacetice League bullshit

^ This, and before that the even better Zendikar, and before that Time Spiral block. Add to that Coldsnap for flavour, and the original Mirrodin block, and you have all the Modern legal sets which managed to captivate me. The only thing they could do at this moment to save the flavour of our beloved game storywise is to have Nixilis decapitate Jace and then rape the corpse. Anything else prolongs this power ranger nonsense.

Wasn't Richard Garfield involved in the development of Innistrad?

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    ^ This, and before that the even better Zendikar, and before that Time Spiral block. Add to that Coldsnap for flavour, and the original Mirrodin block, and you have all the Modern legal sets which managed to captivate me. The only thing they could do at this moment to save the flavour of our beloved game storywise is to have Nixilis decapitate Jace and then rape the corpse. Anything else prolongs this power ranger nonsense.
    one part what makes the stories so boing is that the good guys suffer zero losses usually. The teleport/planeswalk to a place which has millions of lifes lost in a battle with an OP enemy the Jacetice League basically set free/let escape (just look at Zendikar or Innistrad). Kill/seal the bad guys with their power of friendship and move on. FFS, the last time someone of this bunch of douchebags suffered more than a scratch was a) sidekick Venser dying to save Karn in New Phyrexia and b) Elspeth killed by betrayal on Theros. Did anything ever happen to Jace/Liliana/Etc.? They are boring as fuck with no motivation to do the stuff they do instead of claiming: "Well, I could save a random plane from annhilation, ..."

Really, they should kill off Jace. I wanna see how tha affects the Jacetice League, Ravnica and the Living Guildpact bullshit as well as Liliana and her hidden crush on Jace. Maybe she gets a bit more of a motivation aside her necrophilia and killing a certain demon which would end her quest

Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Wasn't Richard Garfield involved in the development of Innistrad?
    I have no idea, sir. They all get paid to deliver good design and a fun experience. Let Garfield rest before he becomes the Stan Lee of Cardgames

Join us at Facebook!

Thread Information