Page 321 of 343 FirstFirst ... 221271311317318319320321322323324325331 ... LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,420 of 6857

Thread: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

Someone certainly did. Someone is trying to spike Glacial Chasm, up to $4 from like $0.25. Inventions are getting spiked too. Guys must be bored with the summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Guys must be bored with the summer.
    Seasons have no meaning for them, if they never leave their moms basement

www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Dec 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA

Someone needs to spike a GP with some copies of The Abyss or In the Eye of Chaos, I actually own some of those....
    UBr Tezzeret
    Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    I mean, if you're going to play as 61st card, the card should cost over $100 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Undomian View Post
    Someone needs to spike a GP with some copies of The Abyss or In the Eye of Chaos, I actually own some of those....
    Seriously. Or Chains of Mephistopheles. Can you imagine what the price of that thing would be if someone T8'ed a GP playing it in Tezz or Jund or 4c Loam or whatever? And it's actually a very good legacy card to boot.
    From nothing came teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    I really don't know why you're complaining about top being banned since you seem to be very good at Soothsaying.

Several cards from Eternal Garden discussed here lately - Tabernacle, Drop of Honey, Glacial Chasm. As if that deck wasn't difficult to buy into in the first place, this will only deter more people from being able to play it.
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle".
    - Albert Einstein

This may be a shot in the dark, but I have a sneaking suspicion about Halls of Mist. I don't think it'll skyrocket, but it's one of those R.L. cards that has potential to spike a little.

I can't believe I bought my playset of MMA Chalice of the Void for $20 just a few years ago.

It really doesn't seem like that long ago that you could get Chalices for $5 a pop and now they're selling for $60+??

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    He should be raising his middle finger not his index finger.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

Yeah he definitely don't afraid of nuthin

Bet he even voted Independent

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

If Miracles becomes any good, Chains would be a legit card against it. Deck is nothing but cantrips.
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

Quote Originally Posted by jattra View Post
    Who cares? It isn't on the reserved list. Only thing I care about is cards that aren't P9 getting so expensive. If you see few land players now, imagine in 5 years.

Seeing as Drop of Honey was basically reprinted in Porphyry Nodes, is there precedent to reprint reserved list cards in other colors?

Why was there no outcry for the printing of Porphyry Nodes, and though a crappy work-around, why can't they print a green Moat if they printed a white Drop of Honey?

The errata text on the two cards is exactly the same. Someone help me understand the reprint policy, and how the heck they got to print Nodes.

Dec 2016
    Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by Kanti View Post
    Why was there no outcry for the printing of Porphyry Nodes, and though a crappy work-around, why can't they print a green Moat if they printed a white Drop of Honey?
    I think it might be the timing of everything.

Dark Depths was printed in 2006, Porphyry Nodes in 2007, and Thespian Stage was printed in 2013? Seems like the view point at the time was it's a bad card. I don't think Drop of Honey was ran in the early lands lists, and I think that's the only notable deck that runs it. Drop of Honey was also < $30 at the time.

Although, I didn't play back then, so I don't know. It's an interesting question and if someone knows a more concrete why, I'd be interested in knowing.
    I like playing tribal: Elves | Goblins | Enchantments

Foreign Black Border
    Jun 2012
    Houston, Texas

The community and the surrounding mediums of communication were much smaller them, it's possible there would be an outcry were it to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I still have a strong suspicion that if 'Thalia, Heretic Cathar' had been named 'Frank, Heretic Cathar', people would be a lot more skeptical of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goin Aggro View Post
    Ugh, there he goes again, talking about the girlfriend. We get it dude.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Back then they were far less strict too. This was before even the premium RL reprints of Negator, Mox Diamond, and the functional reprint thing with Fork in Reverberate
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Yeah but if we are talking about the Reserved list, unless something changed in writing I don't know how 10 changes anything, unless something was changed in writing. If it's the same policy, in writing, as then, then what the heck Wizards? Reprint, print, print.

And also, it's food for thought on the whole legal argument, seeing as they already printed a functional reprint. A pretty curious case.

Naaah... they've revisited the Reserved List since Porphyr was printed. It's not the same situation nowadays.

In the sideboard - favoring original Needle or the leaked peek-needle?
    Last edited by JPoJohnson; 06-27-2017 at 10:09 AM.
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle".
    - Albert Einstein

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Dunno if this thread is the place to do it, but I think needle is better in any non chalice deck. If you're bringing in needle it's probably for a specific reason, and a peek at their hand to simply name the same card you were going to name with needle anyway isn't worth the extra mana. The only match up a couple see it being better than a needle that you may bring it in is against DNT because basically their whole deck is random things to name with needle. But then costing two (and often three because Thalia) is pretty bad for you because Thalia and Port. All the MUD players say they will play it over Revoker, but I'm not 100% sold as revoker attacking has relevancy, and shutting off mana abilities can be relevant (though less so when DRS is the main mana dork in the format) when stopping LED and Petals
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Hmm, I don't think this thread was the right place for that.

Wizards seems to hinge on the 'functional reprint' part of the reserved list. Shifting an effect to a different color would probably be passable since it's an entirely functional change. Even with some proof to how good Drop of Honey is in RG Lands, most people are resistant to splashing white in the deck for Nodes since it would cause havoc on the mana base and could make the deck unstable in the early turns.

If Wizards wanted to, they'd be fairly able to color shift Reserved list cards. That would mean Moat in Blue (like an Island Sanctuary...which is white for some reason), Nether Void in White/Blue, Argivian Archaeologist in Blue, Chains of Mephistopheles in Blue/White, Koskun Falls in Blue/White (which has already happened twice), Tabernacle in blue/white (already happened twice), City of Solitude in Blue or White (happened twice, sorta)...plenty of ways to shift things around and get interesting reprints into colors that truly need and deserve them.

I don't think they would, but it's not unfeasible.

Foreign Black Border
    Jun 2012
    Houston, Texas

So your saying they should color shift all of the legends enchantments to blue?

can't wait for my blue nether void to compliment my Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I still have a strong suspicion that if 'Thalia, Heretic Cathar' had been named 'Frank, Heretic Cathar', people would be a lot more skeptical of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goin Aggro View Post
    Ugh, there he goes again, talking about the girlfriend. We get it dude.

Thread Information