Page 213 of 343 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263313 ... LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,260 of 6857

Thread: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

Dec 2011
    Calgary, Alberta

Re: Holy inflation, Batman!

Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    Well gentlemen, it's been a pleasure, but I think I'm out. Volcanic Island and Underground Sea have crept up to $300 on the retail end, Force of Will is ~$100 and creeping upward, and Wasteland is apparently $150 now. Where the blue duals are at in particular was the price point of Moxes when Vintage started to die out. I guess SCG can keep the format artificially alive for a little while longer, but I'm pretty sure there's only a year or two left in the old girl before they take her out and shoot her.

Really, prices across the board are getting out of hand, barring Standard. Maybe that's the goal? Who knows. At any rate, the money's too tempting, and I don't get to play as much as I'd like anyway. I'll probably keep my EDH decks and build a cube or something, but I'm cashing in everything else.
    If you do decide to cash out, I'd recommend building a cube. At the very least, you'll be able to draft the strategies you've played all these years.

Ooh... Shiny!

Aug 2005
    Raincouver

Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    Well gentlemen, it's been a pleasure, but I think I'm out. Volcanic Island and Underground Sea have crept up to $300 on the retail end, Force of Will is ~$100 and creeping upward, and Wasteland is apparently $150 now. Where the blue duals are at in particular was the price point of Moxes when Vintage started to die out. I guess SCG can keep the format artificially alive for a little while longer, but I'm pretty sure there's only a year or two left in the old girl before they take her out and shoot her.

Really, prices across the board are getting out of hand, barring Standard. Maybe that's the goal? Who knows. At any rate, the money's too tempting, and I don't get to play as much as I'd like anyway. I'll probably keep my EDH decks and build a cube or something, but I'm cashing in everything else.
    I remember that time. 'OMG Mox [whatever] is a $300 card, how am I supposed to afford that?!?!?!?'

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
    I remember that time. 'OMG Mox [whatever] is a $300 card, how am I supposed to afford that?!?!?!?'
    i remember that, I was 13 @ the time and I had a handful of dual lands. Now I can almost trade an underground sea for a mox... somethings wrong here.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

One sees infinitely more play than the other to be fair...
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Ooh... Shiny!

Aug 2005
    Raincouver

Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    i remember that, I was 13 @ the time and I had a handful of dual lands. Now I can almost trade an underground sea for a mox... somethings wrong here.
    Just means that I'll be trading duals for Moxes soon. Might be able to finish that Unlimited set I've been postponing, heh.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
    Just means that I'll be trading duals for Moxes soon. Might be able to finish that Unlimited set I've been postponing, heh.
    yeah it'll be interesting. It might meld the legacy and vintage crowds since there is like 90% overlap and just a handful of extra duals can get u all the vintage staples
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    yeah it'll be interesting. It might meld the legacy and vintage crowds since there is like 90% overlap and just a handful of extra duals can get u all the vintage staples
    Vintage, from what little I do understand about the format, is completely different from Legacy. I doubt it's just about throwing Mana Drains where there were Spell Pierces, and calling it a day. I for one will never play Vintage, no matter how wide is the overlap, because I find nothing thrilling about Vintage and its broken cards for even more broken prices.
    While Legacy decks at 2000 - 3000 bucks are stretching the limit, Vintage piles are simply insane.

I'm afraid that the answer is somewhere in the posts above: non-rotating format are doomed to this fate - massive reprints or slow death.
    Otoh, it's told for years, and it still didn't happen.

True. Yet I got my duals, and with them I got all that I need. I may sit on them for half a century, it's not like I need the money and until the power creep kills Goyf, Delver or Mongoose, I may play the tournaments together with my grandson.

What I can't justify are new purchases and buying into [insert format]. But I think I may be able to keep eighteen lands, four Goyfs and four Forces plus maybe some Vendilion Clique and/or Sylvan Library.

Sadly, it gets worse when speaking of the sideprojects and fun decks, but then again, either our casual group rises from the ashes in full force (and then I'll have all the fun one may have), or it won't rise and then I'll keep the abovementioned sideprojects and fun decks until the final day when I simply burst out and throw them on (some future) MKM.

We're discussing a one-time investment of 2000 bucks. Not an amount of money I'd throw out of window, but well, it's not that much if it may be your only investment for next few decades.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by 'Nilla Pac View Post
    I'll be honest, I've been thinking about cashing out since prices have gotten ridiculous. It might be because I'm feeling old and washed up - if 26 is considered old, then I'm practically dead.
    I've thought about it, but then I remember how much fun traveling to SCG events and such is. I would miss that aspect. I could see those who have a TON of stuff shaving their collection down, but if I did that I would want to keep at least 1 deck to play with.
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

I gave up on pimping out my Elves further. I'm not willing to spend that much money for non-blue duals and fetches. Rest is FOIL anyways ... for me it's a sign.

Cashed in everything that isn't in decks or are slot-changes
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Clergyman of Cool
    Mar 2009
    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm

I'll be honest, I've been thinking about cashing out since prices have gotten ridiculous. It might be because I'm feeling old and washed up - if 26 is considered old, then I'm practically dead.
    Tupac died at 25.

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

You're missing out. Yes, it is a different format than Legacy - Vintage is to Legacy like No-Limit Hold'em is to Limit Hold'em.
    Maybe. I never played a single game of pokre in my life and I plan to play even less of it than that of Vintage, so I can't evaluate your point.

I'm not saying Vintage is easy or "turn1 kills derp derp" or whatever else. I don't find the decks (often with an EDH-esque structure) appealling, I can't imagine myself throwing another thousands of dollars into the Magic void, etc. My only concern was exactly what I wrote: no matter how much the two formats overlap, I won't play Vintage. Also, I'm not a fan of proxies.

Cashed out of my foil pool yesterday. Felt good, my wallet never felt thicker before. Now to decide what to do with my regular legacy stuff, since I'm feeling somehow burned out.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Get your food chains while they are hot

Sep 2007
    Germany

Why is ancient Tomb's price climbing?

Monkey Blast
    Aug 2011
    Champaign, IL

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph2k View Post
    Why is ancient Tomb's price climbing?
    Sol lands have been on the rise for awhile. City of Traitors $100 now so it would make sense that Ancient Tomb would go up too.

Speaking of weird price jumps, Ensnaring Bridge is $25 on SCG!

Ensnaring bridge has been 20 on scg since Richmond because some decks played it. Looks like another reddit caused buyout for the tombs, but not really surprising because the sol Lands are getting played a decent amount and that price did always seem low. I would expect tombs to stabilize around 12

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Zombie Elf Warrior
    Dec 2004
    seattle

I sold everything but my petdeck. Made a bunch of money. Bought a new computer and some Nikes with plenty more cash for fun times + savings.

Zero regrets. This game is getting stupid expensive. And the mental clarity/relief that came after I let go of all that cardboard felt pretty great.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    was greg mitchells hair ever on camera?
    Elves Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/2EVsdw2

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Nocley View Post
    Ensnaring bridge has been 20 on scg since Richmond because some decks played it. Looks like another reddit caused buyout for the tombs, but not really surprising because the sol Lands are getting played a decent amount and that price did always seem low. I would expect tombs to stabilize around 12
    It was at 12$ before, so I doubt it goes back that low again until Wizards does a reprint in some form. But yeah, seems like another typical, tactical buyout, maybe in the wake of the SCG Invitational because I can see lots of (Standard) players picking up Sneak & Show due to it being piss-easy to play.

Will work for playset of Wastelands
    Apr 2012
    Czech Republic

Food chains rising. MKM 5 euro, TCG MID $12. That's double in price since last week. Any guess why?
    Legacy
    - Team Soviet Union
    - Death & Taxes
    Pauper
    - U/R Delver
    - Urza Tron

Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    Goblins should be called Team Soviet Union: show up with hordes of red infantry, first throw 'em under enemy tanks, then win with an immense wave.
    Chinese fakes!

Quote Originally Posted by prateta View Post
    Food chains rising. MKM 5 euro, TCG MID $12. That's double in price since last week. Any guess why?
    it was in the top 8 of yesterday's SCG open.

Seriously tho, I am also thinking about just selling the cards I don't play, and keep my pet decks. It's stupid that we are now in a world where the moment a card gets a top 8 apparition, or, even worse, the moment a card merely gets mentioned by a pro at some point, that card basically doubles or triples value because all the copies of that card just disapears from the internet something like 15 minutes later.

Thread Information