Page 12 of 343 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

Just some dude.
    May 2009
    Akron, Ohio, USA

Re: Raise, raise, raise. The price of cardboard

Quote Originally Posted by Magik321 View Post
    MTG Fanatic is one of the more crappy stores I've seen around. Besides the crappy customer service, and rumors that they swapped NM cards for EX ones (then returning you) when you try to sell them cards, they didnt even ship out my order for 1 month. No replies nothing. After many emails later, they just said to me they didnt want to do business with me. Their president is a total ass.

Regarding the rumors I was hearing. I once sent a package of NM/NM+/pack fresh cards to them (I double checked all my cards properly and my grading is fairly strict). The cards that they rejected for not being NM, came back to me with heavy whitening on the edges. The cards rejected were secured very well, no way they could ever been damaged in the mail. Some of the cards I sent them were just opened from boosters. I doubt that was a coincidence that all the cards rejected, went to them NMish and came back damaged.

Tons of f'ed up stores around anyway.
    I've had similar issues. Honestly, I think their site is fucking garbage, but it does also happen that they buy some really dumb shit in their buy list, so
    I do take advantage of that. They are very quick to "reject" and then "take cards to cover the cost of shipping," which is annoying. And yes, the president is a complete imbecile. Btw, has anyone sold to them recently? I haven't seen payment in almost a month.
    Delver enthusiast and avid practitioner of blind flipsmanship.

Follow me on Twitter: @AllSunsDawn

I also had problems with MTG Fanatic once. I ordered 4 Orim's Chant at 10$ each, and I added some commons or sideboard cards to avail the shipping cost. I recieved the cards two weeks after in the mail with a letter. Letter said: We have had problems with inventory and we can only send you one copy of Orim's Chant. You can get the money through paypal blablabla... very disappointed. I've never shop there again.

Sep 2007
    MN

Assuming that I get blown off by Chris Tremblay today, at the very least, I will post about it at mtgsalvation and file a claim with the BBB.

Dec 2009
    Denmark

Have mostly had good experiences with MtgFanatic. Their NM cards actually are NM (unlike some other online sellers who seem to think that EX/Played = NM). A couple of times I bought some playsets but when I got the cards half of it was missing, and there would be a note with the order saying they were out of stock or something. Kind of sucks when I have been counting on getting those cards for a tourny.

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

Quote Originally Posted by kikoo View Post
    A couple of times I bought some playsets but when I got the cards half of it was missing, and there would be a note with the order saying they were out of stock or something. Kind of sucks when I have been counting on getting those cards for a tourny.
    The first time this happened, I would have been pissed. It also would have been the last time I dealt with them. This is unacceptable behavior from a store.

Quote Originally Posted by conboy31 View Post
    Assuming that I get blown off by Chris Tremblay today, at the very least, I will post about it at mtgsalvation and file a claim with the BBB.
    Excuse me for my ignorance, but what means BBB?

I guess I should file a claim somewhere too, because now I'm scared of not gettin' my money back!

Sep 2007
    MN

Check your pms, I provided instructions.

"The Better Business Bureau of the United States and Canada offers consumers and businesses resources including business and charity reviews, complaints"...

Dec 2009
    Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    The first time this happened, I would have been pissed. It also would have been the last time I dealt with them. This is unacceptable behavior from a store.
    Yeah, but sadly it's the best option for me because I'm from Europe. When I bought from eBay or other online stores I got very large toll fees because people often write the actual value of the cards on the package they send. Can't say if this is true for all/most stores, but I have been reluctant to try others out. I never had this problem with MtgFanatic because they write 10$ on every package. (seems somewhat illegal, though)

Conboy31,

Please send me a PM about BBB, and how i should move on. I've also been rejected my loyal retainers from mtgfanatic.

Lord Sapito of the Bloated Toad
    Dec 2004
    Upstate NY

I had bought 2 Loyal Retainers from MagicArsenal a week ago and I just now got a letter stating the website was wrong and they are out of stock, apparently. Took a whole week to figure out they didn't have them, though I really think there's more to it. That was disappointing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssbm Rocks1 View Post
    4 [ZEN] Terra Stomper-Uncounterable 8/8 trampler! How can Merfolk and Canadian thresh beat that?

Sep 2007
    MN

Did you buy the Chinese for 62.50 and the Japanese for 65.00? IIRC they had those 2 in stock for those prices.

Mar 2006
    Columbus, OH

On a much more positive note, I ordered 1 copy of Loyal Retainers from ABUGames.com on the same day some guy decided to buy up every copy on the internet. I received an email from them saying that they no longer had them in stock, but they would try and track a copy down for me. I received an email last night saying that the item is in stock and is now being shipped to me. They could very easily have rejected my order, refunded my money and put it up for the higher price later. Absolutely amazing customer support time and time again with these guys.

Lord Sapito of the Bloated Toad
    Dec 2004
    Upstate NY

Quote Originally Posted by conboy31 View Post
    Did you buy the Chinese for 62.50 and the Japanese for 65.00? IIRC they had those 2 in stock for those prices.
    Yup, those were the ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssbm Rocks1 View Post
    4 [ZEN] Terra Stomper-Uncounterable 8/8 trampler! How can Merfolk and Canadian thresh beat that?

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Damaged View Post
    I had bought 2 Loyal Retainers from MagicArsenal a week ago and I just now got a letter stating the website was wrong and they are out of stock, apparently. Took a whole week to figure out they didn't have them, though I really think there's more to it. That was disappointing.
    WHITE LION GAMES

I bought a NM beta black knight the moment it got spoiled in m10. they wrote me days later saying due to an inventory error they no longer had the card. but would sell me an EX- alpha black knight for the same price. I had 3 secured already from other sources and by the time they wrote me back, they'd been snapped up from everywhere else. so I had no choice as I needed it for a playset. I bitched a little and they wrote me back saying I was lucky they just didnt cancel my order as was their right, because I was getting a good deal on a card that they would now raise their price on. they were pissed I got to it before them.

anyways, they offered me free shipping on my next order. so I wrote them a couple months ago to make another purchase from them and now they wont return my emails. thats good business practice let me tell you.

I ordered a Loyal Retainers the same day as everyone else. The site had other cards I wanted, but I made sure the order was for the LoyalR only, because I was afraid they would send me the $2 worth of EDH cards and not the Retainer and give me my $40 back (without the retainers, the S/H wasn't worth it).

The store (Shuffle and Cut) did indeed cancel my order, saying they were "out of stock". Which is pretty fishy if you ask me. However, they haven't restocked any at a higher price, so it's likely that someone ordered them all up before me, and their inventory hadn't processed that person's order before I sent in mine (this was a Saturday so they were probably not at work).

If a store Remanded your order, then relisted the cards at a higher price, write a complaint to Quiet Speculation's hall of shame:
    http://www.quietspeculation.com/search/label/shame
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    Matt, basically everything you said turned out to be true.
    TeamReflection || noitcelfeRmaeT

My MOTL sale list

The Voice of Reason
    Nov 2004
    Chicago

MTGFanatic, MagicArsenal, MTGChicago (Stasch Kuras), Shuffle and Cut Games, and RIW are all bogus, and I'd recommend to you all to avoid them in the future.

Good online stores are ABUGames, Merlins Games, CardHaus, StarCity, and Troll and Toad.

As a consumer you can risk your money and cards and probably get screwed, or you can choose to deal with one of the good dealers above (or look to MOTL, where you can deal with individuals instead).
    Find me on Twitter at @JMJACO and @EternalCentral. If you have an interest in Vintage Eldrazi, check out my book Eldrazi Meditations.

Plays green decks
    Nov 2006
    Portland

I got mine from ABUgames and had no problems. I won't ever go back to a store that doesn't give me my entire order.

doesn't afraid of anything
    Feb 2009
    in ur tournament, judgin ur gamez

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Card Kingdom; I really just can't recommend them enough. I got my Mox Diamonds and my Loyal Retainers from them as well as some other high-dollar cards in the past without any hiccups whatsoever. They always include a few free packs of the current set if you spend a certain amount, and if it's over $100 shipping is free, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    This isn't the game of holding hands and friendship. This is a competitive game, and if we all sit around singing kumbaya and sucking each other's dicks, then a lot of people are going to go to a tournament and lose because their pile of 61 jank isn't the special unique snowflake that everyone on the Source says it was.

Clergyman of Cool
    Mar 2009
    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm

I've ordered from MTG Fanatic once quite a while back (at least five years ago) with no hiccups, but it's interesting to see all these problems with the site. And I've heard of similar problems from other sources too, so it's not an isolated incidence.

I wouldn't tolerate those practices--withholding stock and changing up prices--even from an eBay dealer, and I would expect much more from online stores. Their swapping of NM cards from sellers for their own played cards is absolutely sickening. I encourage anyone with these problems from MTG Fanatic or any other site to report these issues to the BBB. My understanding is it does make a difference with enough complaints, and in the long run, it will make purchasing cards online a more pleasant experience, even if prices continue to rise.

Ooh... Shiny!

Aug 2005
    Raincouver

Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    I know right? Everyone's dumping them onto eBay now. At this rate the price will crash right back down to where it started.
    Like Strategic Planning, right? Ha. Ha.

I have 4 spares. bought them as soon as I saw this thread for $40 apiece. I didn't even know they were being played in europe.

Edit: T&T has been pretty darn good for me too.

Thread Information