Page 224 of 343 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234274324 ... LastLast
Results 4,461 to 4,480 of 6857

Thread: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

Cavern on Soldier
    Nov 2013
    Woodstock, Georgia, America

Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shawon View Post
    Not even Ichorid is safe. Seriously, WTF $10 price jump in two days?
    I got my playset before they jumped. About to hop on foil ones before they nut through the roof.
    Soldier Stompy

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Isn't the reward for an IQ the right to play standard? I'd rather get rickets.

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Well god dammit I have Wastelands too, but for my part I'm talking about newjacks who haven't even discovered the game yet and they go "Oh cool, I can buy a playset of {some land} for $400+/set or I can get four boxes of new things? GOSH DECISIONS"
    Old things > new things

Apr 2014
    phillipines

goyf=dollar signs man

the best creature in the game always goes up everytime i check prices

Nov 2013
    Burnaby

Pricing is ridiculous but like most people I have been lucky on some stuff and unlucky on others. Best lesson I learned is that manabases matter. This saved me a ton of cash, despite also spending quite a bit of money (considering I have only been playing 3 years). The fact that many of us have been around for this huge growth in the playerbase has also allowed us to gain a ton of value.

However, when Goyfs are hitting 200 a pop, I wish I could turn back the clock and snag a playset when they were sub 100

Without wanting to dump another 1000 into green's manabase, I am restricted to all colors NOT green. At some point we just pick our poison because it's not my goal to own everything.

Apr 2014
    phillipines

regarding the duals i only had 10 of the 40 on the playset,im planning to get another 10 for the year..
    gettin hard right now to get some extra cash flowing..

manabases are hard and very expensive to own right now

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by JPoJohnson View Post
    I heard during the Q&A at PAX East today that it was stated that fetchlands will be printed sometime in the future, though.
    They keep saying that like a mantra. Sure, some day they're going to print it.

But that doesn't solve the current situation - at all. If Wizards has shown anything, than it's their inability to keep prices in check.

What they need to do are annual Modern Masters large-scale reprints to meet demand, otherwise, prices will spiral out of control even further. What use is ability to reprint cards if you don't do it properly?

If they don't react soon, then they're laying the foundation to the end of Modern as well. Paper Jund is already way above 2k $.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by big_ticket View Post
    regarding the duals i only had 10 of the 40 on the playset,im planning to get another 10 for the year..
    gettin hard right now to get some extra cash flowing..

manabases are hard and very expensive to own right now
    I agree that they are expensive. It sucks. But I'm glad to see that someone is currently collecting still and not selling out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

I'm Jewish!
    Mar 2006
    Arlington, Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by swoop View Post
    Or 4 wastelands for 2e in 2003, the sold them for 20 in Gp rimini. Mad profits.

Didn't buy more cuz why not.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
    Bought my playset in 2004 for $20. Best Magic-related buy I ever made.

EDIT: I hate to be "that guy," but is this the beginning of the end for the format? I mean, we're at the point where a "budget" deck is something like $2k. If you dare to play a multicolor deck, you'll be investing that much alone into your manabase. Although an extreme example, BUG Delver lists are starting to hit the $4500 mark and it wouldn't surprise me if they manage to reach $6000 in a year or two. We're swiftly reaching the point where Legacy's price of entry means the outflux of players from the format will outpace the influx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinder View Post
    Now, how can you be sure it's rape when there's no way to tell if a barnacle is consenting or not? For all we know it was actually two first time lesbian barnacles who signed a release for the footage to be used in the newest installment of Barnacles Gone Wild: Seafoam Splash.

Vatija Mlohavich
    May 2010
    Croatia

Omg, we met? :D

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
    PTT (Formerly of MTT) - We make Champion

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Bought a set of wastelands for 40 kr (9$) back in '02 or '03... Traded them + 20$ for a set of german ones.
    Sold my played forces for 240$ (I had them from before I quit magic, 14 years ago), and bought a set of german ones for 280$.

Bought a set of zen foil fetches for about 500 some years ago - Right when ZEN rotated. I sold them all, when they hit 110$ for blue ones, which was retarded, but I needed the cash.. Trying to get the last tarn again, for a decent price, so i have BG,UR and UG fetches.

pls reprint money cards... I want to play way more than hoard pricey cards - you can always pimp up with your basics etc. I really cbf'd to give 450$ for a foil goyf...

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I got my playset before they jumped. About to hop on foil ones before they nut through the roof.
    I was only able to grab two because of low stock. I thought, 'no problem, Ichorid will still be at $7 tomorrow'. Now I am in the position of not wanting to purchase the last two because I know the price will plummet again.

Tap 2, Standstill. Good?
    Jul 2010
    Somewhere in Europe.

Bought my foil DCI wastelands (old layout obv.) for 60 Eur 6 years ago or something like that. Sold them last month for 650 eur :D
    Are you into Jazz? Have a look at the Lp's I have for sale on Discogs!

bruizar

The silly thing is that a lot of those expensive cards are played solely in decks that havent won anything in a while :x

Coincidence that the SS...er, Star City Games decided to do a Deck Tech on Dredge - an archetype that has existed for years?

Simple: They know it's reasonably cheap to build. So, let's get that inventory sold out so they can jack up the prices. I mean, as if $15.00 Ichorids aren't enough! Make it happen, SCG! Push it to $30.00!

What a bunch of crooks.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

LED Price spike incoming? Therapy already had its increase moment
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

The Open Series is their own personal playground to harvest inbred talent, bias their matches and find a way to heavily influence the secondary market. They can deny it all they want. But it's an artificial situation - manufactured by them - that we're all paying the price for.

I get they support the format. Honestly, I'd rather say good riddance to them. I preferred local/independent stores/organizers pushing events, like 1.5 back in the day. This is just outrageous.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

If someone else would come forward and support the format in a similar fashion to what SCG has done, I would be all for supporting them. Unfortunately, at least in Atlanta, no one has stepped up to the plate despite many pleas for it.

Jul 2011
    California

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    If someone else would come forward and support the format in a similar fashion to what SCG has done, I would be all for supporting them. Unfortunately, at least in Atlanta, no one has stepped up to the plate despite many pleas for it.
    The thing is, even if someone did step up and support Legacy, SCG still sets prices currently with their buylist. Why sell your cards to anyone for less than what SCG would give you?
    Legacy: Miracles

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

I generally don't buylist things either way. So not sure how that affects much as far as I am concerned. I do see what you are saying, but I don't think that there is much anyone can do about it since magic is essentially an unregulated market

Likely fake.... source http://imgur.com/5U4qXxY,hBWFxO5#0

Thread Information