Page 270 of 343 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280320 ... LastLast
Results 5,381 to 5,400 of 6857

Thread: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

Quote Originally Posted by btm10 View Post
    Does anyone else find it odd that the Duel Decks: Anthology version is spiking higher than the set veraion?
    I've seen that on other cards before. Aren't there fewer Duel Deck versions than Time Spiral ones? My only other guess would be set symbol.

Site Contributor
    Jul 2010
    Gig Harbor, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Ancestral Visions is spiking, apparently Maro tweeted that they're going to test it for unbanning in Modern? Anyone know about this?
    It was originally Aaron Forsythe that mentioned it was possible:

https://twitter.com/mtgaaron/status/688242056708243456

bruizar

Infect is gonna go up really fast really soon. Noble Hierarch and Inkmoth Nexus primarily

Nov 2007
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    Infect is gonna go up really fast really soon. Noble Hierarch and Inkmoth Nexus primarily
    Modern infect cards have been under pressure since the banning of Twin. Inkmoth has been rising steadily since then but at least in Europe the prices haven't spiked yet. In the US spiking and proce increase happens a lot more and faster than in Europe (MKM). For example Grove of the Burnwillows (84$ vs. 50€) and Crucible of Worlds (72$ vs. 32€) demonstrate the difference nicely. Prices are recent Mtgstocks average and MKM average prices. Not conclusive but there's a visible gap.
    Some of my friends sell records,
    some of my friends sell drugs.

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

Quote Originally Posted by ESG View Post
    I've seen that on other cards before. Aren't there fewer Duel Deck versions than Time Spiral ones? My only other guess would be set symbol.
    DD:Anthology version has the updated Oracle text, removing the "is blue" statement and replacing it with a color indicator. Text box looks less cluttered and cleaner, and with the holo they're harder to fake:

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by jrsthethird View Post
    DD:Anthology version has the updated Oracle text, removing the "is blue" statement and replacing it with a color indicator. Text box looks less cluttered and cleaner, and with the holo they're harder to fake:

Looks awful to me, but to each his own.

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Quote Originally Posted by ESG View Post
    Looks awful to me
    Agreed. The text box may be "less cluttered", but I'll take an extra line of text over random blobs (color indicator/yugioh stamp) any day. Not to mention it's a reprint of a reprint.

Mar 2007
    RI

Seriously, don't know how there's even a question of which of those copies of Ancestral Vision look better. Time Spiral copies *should* be worth more than the duel deck versions.
    TPDMC

Do you know the reason why chalice of the void spiked (foil and non-foil)?

Peter

The modern Pro Tour. Team CFB is apparently playing a pretty busted Eldrazi Deck with Chalice (and Simian Spirit Guide) maindeck. Seems reasonable in a meta full of Burn and Infect.

Quote Originally Posted by iamajellydonut View Post
    Agreed. The text box may be "less cluttered", but I'll take an extra line of text over random blobs (color indicator/yugioh stamp) any day. Not to mention it's a reprint of a reprint.
    I notice that the original one seems to have noticeably better coloring.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Various parts of the Eldrazi deck are probably going to skyrocket soon. PT Top 8 is most likely choke-full with Eldrazi decks, maybe even 7 out of 8 decks.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

If there's more than 6 copies of Eldrazi in the top 8 (24+ copies of Eye of Ugin) I'm going to hope that they do ban the eye.

This format is fucking awful.

Dec 2011
    Calgary, Alberta

Quote Originally Posted by Quasim0ff View Post
    If there's more than 6 copies of Eldrazi in the top 8 (24+ copies of Eye of Ugin) I'm going to hope that they do ban the eye.

Mmm, just sold a Eye for $60 CAD on eBay. Sick profit on a previously $1.50 bulk mythic.
    Moving all my modern cards. Just insane margins on everything now.

Quote Originally Posted by Quasim0ff View Post

What do you know, when you decide to ban a deck that's a reasonable part of the metagame and strongly encourages interaction, you end up with... a lot of uninteractive decks.

It's almost like they should have seen this coming!

Though who knows, the Eldrazi decks are full of new cards, so maybe they're perfectly happy with these sorts of results.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by mini1337s View Post
    Mmm, just sold a Eye for $60 CAD on eBay. Sick profit on a previously $1.50 bulk mythic.
    Moving all my modern cards. Just insane margins on everything now.
    I'll sell my MTGO Eldrazi cards within the next few days when the hype is at its top. A ban sooner or later seems inevitable. Modern can't handle SoL lands.

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    Though who knows, the Eldrazi decks are full of new cards, so maybe they're perfectly happy with these sorts of results.
    It's kind of sad that the modern pro tour debuted newer cards better than the previous standard pro tour. Then again basically adding 2 sol lands into a format that has never experienced them and banning out the deck that used to police the format is bound to cause some drastic changes.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    It's kind of sad that the modern pro tour debuted newer cards better than the previous standard pro tour. Then again basically adding 2 sol lands into a format that has never experienced them and banning out the deck that used to police the format is bound to cause some drastic changes.
    BW Eldrazi had a favorable match-up vs Twin already before the OGW upgrades.

I don't understand all the people making the Twin ban responsible for the Eldrazi domination. An Eldrazi variant would have given Twin a run for its money as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    BW Eldrazi had a favorable match-up vs Twin already before the OGW upgrades.

I don't understand all the people making the Twin ban responsible for the Eldrazi domination. An Eldrazi variant would have given Twin a run for its money as well.
    From my testing of Eldrazi pre-ban, Twin was almost a bye with a.) quick pressure b.) 4 dismember maindeck c.) disruption in the form of inquisition and thoughtseize.

Once Warping Wail got printed in the new set, Twin would have a hard time dealing with 4 Dismember and 4 Warping Wail (which probably would be MD in the Pro Tour lists if Twin was still in the format).

Ooh... Shiny!

Aug 2005
    Raincouver

Eye of Ugin is like a goddamn Workshop in that deck. Geez.

Thread Information