Page 271 of 343 FirstFirst ... 171221261267268269270271272273274275281321 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,420 of 6857

Thread: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

Clergyman of Cool
    Mar 2009
    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm

Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

What a steaming dump of a Pro Tour. Glad I didn't watch.

When do they usually announce the summer set? Is it Sunday of the first PT of the calendar year?

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Is anyone really considering the Eldrazi deck gets banhammered in Modern, if its causing massive sales of an in-print product?
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

I assume Sunday, since the finals have the highest viewer count. In the end, the PT is advertisement, after all.

Rumors about an Eternal Masters-style spring set persist tenaciously. I'd be on the tip of my toes, especially if you have Eternal MTGO cards, since prices can go nuclear into either direction if it comes true.

Still crossing fingers for a combined Wasteland + Port reprint. 90% of online D&T's cost being playsets of those two lands is fucking dumb.

Edit: Lemnear: Depends on how the GPs turn out. If it continues to dominate similiarly to the PT, I don't think a ban for SoI might be out of question, although unlikely.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    I assume Sunday, since the finals have the highest viewer count. In the end, the PT is advertisement, after all.

Rumors about an Eternal Masters-style spring set persist tenaciously. I'd be on the tip of my toes, especially if you have Eternal MTGO cards, since prices can go nuclear into either direction if it comes true.

Still crossing fingers for a combined Wasteland + Port reprint. 90% of online D&T's cost being playsets of those two lands is fucking dumb.

Edit: Lemnear: Depends on how the GPs turn out. If it continues to dominate similiarly to the PT, I don't think a ban for SoI might be out of question, although unlikely.
    I'm baffled in general that MTG didn't pick up the sales-/ban-cycle of YuGiOh year ago: New set introduces overpowered block-interaction which dominates the tournaments, then you ban the key component to neuter the whole deck concept, rinse and repeat
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    I'm baffled in general that MTG didn't pick up the sales-/ban-cycle of YuGiOh year ago: New set introduces overpowered block-interaction which dominates the tournaments, then you ban the key component to neuter the whole deck concept, rinse and repeat
    WotC is aiming for longevity, hence the whole RL disaster. Hasbro has its quarterly/yearly earnings report tomorrow and I'm keen to see how MtG has done this year, considering Q2 & Q3 had profit losses.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

WotC is aiming for longevity, hence the whole RL disaster. Hasbro has its quarterly/yearly earnings report tomorrow and I'm keen to see how MtG has done this year, considering Q2 & Q3 had profit losses.
    Are those reports public? Would be interrested to see those

Join us at Facebook!

Mar 2007

Are those reports public? Would be interrested to see those
    Yes

Just don't expect exact numbers on everything, but lots of corporate speak, especially when it comes to sugarcoating the PoS that is MTGO. IIRC, MtG made ~250 million $ estimated revenue in 2014.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Yes

Just don't expect exact numbers on everything, but lots of corporate speak, especially when it comes to sugarcoating the PoS that is MTGO. IIRC, MtG made ~250 million $ estimated revenue in 2014.
    Thank you very much. Well, I guess we can't blame WotC for dumbing down the game while doing nothing for marketing beyond explored terrain, if profits keep raising according to the derp-factor of their releases

Join us at Facebook!

Yu-Gi-Oh only does that because they don't have any rotating formats (e.g. Standard) to drive sales of new product. In fact, I think Yu-Gi-Oh is the only major TCG that doesn't have a major rotating format, so they have to force rotation by continually banning cards (which is far more annoying, because at least in Standard you know ahead of time what cards will be leaving the format).

Make Wombat Great Again
    Mar 2010
    FEMA Region X

Quote Originally Posted by Philipp2293 View Post
    The modern Pro Tour. Team CFB is apparently playing a pretty busted Eldrazi Deck with Chalice (and Simian Spirit Guide) maindeck. Seems reasonable in a meta full of Burn and Infect.
    I just sold a playset of Simian Spirit Guides at $13 each. I love modern. ( I "traded" them on Pucatrade)
    Listen up shitizens! http://www.noagendashow.com/
    Be a part of the magic! OBDM https://ourbigdumbmouth.com/

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by the Thin White Duke View Post
    I just sold a playset of Simian Spirit Guides at $13 each. I love modern. ( I "traded" them on Pucatrade)
    I sold pretty much all the parts of my BW Eldrazi processor deck over the cause of the day. Made good profit, considering I picked up the core parts at the beginning of the December when the Mono B variant was 90$ total.

bruizar

I sold pretty much all the parts of my BW Eldrazi processor deck over the cause of the day. Made good profit, considering I picked up the core parts at the beginning of the December when the Mono B variant was 90$ total.
    I bought all foil ur eldrazi core for 35 (minus reality smasher and TKS which I already had) including shipping the moment i saw the first day 1 feature match of Tao :-)

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

It's a good feel when you have twenty Eldrazi Obligators coming in at $0.25 apiece.

Continuing to spec the bejesus out of Endbringer.

Mar 2007

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

+2600% in a week? Pardon, but stock market is more resonable than this

Join us at Facebook!

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Thanks, Eldrazi!
    What's the relationship here? They aren't being played in Eldrazi decks (according to TC Decks). Is this a card Eldrazi.dec can't beat?

Looks like it gets played as a 1-of in the sideboard of Modern Zoo. I don't get it.

Nov 2006
    London

+2600% in a week? Pardon, but stock market is more resonable than this
    I'm guessing it's the 8th/9th foil version that spiked to $60, not the non-foil version. Non-foils will probably top out around $20-30. This has been reprinted 3 times, FYI...

It's always been fringe playable in modern with Hexproof creatures, but yeah, I think people are playing it as tech vs. eldrazi.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    What's the relationship here? They aren't being played in Eldrazi decks (according to TC Decks). Is this a card Eldrazi.dec can't beat?

Looks like it gets played as a 1-of in the sideboard of Modern Zoo. I don't get it.
    People speculate on it as an anti-Eldrazi tech since they have difficulties to deal with it.

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

People speculate on it as an anti-Eldrazi tech since they have difficulties to deal with it.
    Speaking of anti-Eldrazi tech, Painter tripled in price overnight. I don't know enough about Modern to know if that's really going to be worth the sideboard slots. It definitely slows down the Eldrazi decks, but it doesn't really change the fact that they still have a bunch of reasonably-costed big dudes, and Painter by itself is not exactly a win condition. Hopefully someone that understands the format more can let me know if this is just reactionary or if Painter is the real deal.
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    Speaking of anti-Eldrazi tech, Painter tripled in price overnight. I don't know enough about Modern to know if that's really going to be worth the sideboard slots. It definitely slows down the Eldrazi decks, but it doesn't really change the fact that they still have a bunch of reasonably-costed big dudes, and Painter by itself is not exactly a win condition. Hopefully someone that understands the format more can let me know if this is just reactionary or if Painter is the real deal.
    I think people are just grasping at straws at this point.

Modern Merfolk to me seems well positioned with Spreading Seas as a main-deckable answer. Or perhaps Enchantress could have a hold - I've seen some lists that run Spreading Seas as cantrip + "fairness" + possible hate.

Thread Information