Page 274 of 343 FirstFirst ... 174224264270271272273274275276277278284324 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,480 of 6857

Thread: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jimmythegreek View Post
    What an exciting time in legacy's history.....I say sit back and enjoy.
    Also very interesting will be the moment when spoiler season is over, and what is not reprinted goes through the roof for no reason.

Apr 2011
    South Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    In case you did not notice, as I write this there is a massive buyout happening of RL staples like Cradles, Mox Diamonds, LEDs and more. They basically vanished from eBay, TCG and other platforms
    You know what else I noticed, kind of off the Legacy topic. Other older cards have seen massive buyouts as well. 2 months ago, you could pick up Relic Barriers for $0.50 each and there was over 300 for sale; now a handful at $5 each. Lots of old weird cards literally are drying up....Gaea's Avenger, Blood Lust, Time Elemental..... that's just a few i can think of off the top of my head. Where are they all going? Even cards in the Urza's block are getting hit with buyouts as well. Someone has been spending some serious dough to corner markets on some cards.
    Legacy deck of choice: Enchantress

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by chemicalstylez View Post
    You know what else I noticed, kind of off the Legacy topic. Other older cards have seen massive buyouts as well. 2 months ago, you could pick up Relic Barriers for $0.50 each and there was over 300 for sale; now a handful at $5 each. Lots of old weird cards literally are drying up....Gaea's Avenger, Blood Lust, Time Elemental..... that's just a few i can think of off the top of my head. Where are they all going? Even cards in the Urza's block are getting hit with buyouts as well. Someone has been spending some serious dough to corner markets on some cards.
    That' strange. And unfortunate. Namely considering Blood Lust, which I wanted a set of for my RG All Common Old School. Well, won't happen, nvm.
    Also fuck Wizards for their borders policy, it hurts my ocd.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

City of traitors is at $175 as of the time I'm posting on TCG
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Ooh... Shiny!

Aug 2005
    Raincouver

Quote Originally Posted by chemicalstylez View Post
    Consistent 93/94 buyouts. I'm just hoping someone does Land Equilibrium (again) so I can dump the rest I have.

May 2015
    Dominarian Slum

Where did the cards go? Buyouts, period. Tcg player needs to reconfigure their price algorithms. They are letting little shit head Twitter wanna be wall street fucks completely wreck havoc on a unregulated market. Fuck QuietSpeculation, Fuck Xemit, Fuck MTGprice guys, etc. Fuck all these buyout scumbags-bunch of bullshit. They buyout the card and reset a new overinflated price. Tcg records this and then the 'priceguides' respond off that.
    Tusk Up

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Fucking Eldrazi...

Quote Originally Posted by hymnyou View Post
    Where did the cards go? Buyouts, period. Tcg player needs to reconfigure their price algorithms. They are letting little shit head Twitter wanna be wall street fucks completely wreck havoc on a unregulated market. Fuck QuietSpeculation, Fuck Xemit, Fuck MTGprice guys, etc. Fuck all these buyout scumbags-bunch of bullshit. They buyout the card and reset a new overinflated price. Tcg records this and then the 'priceguides' respond off that.
    First off, you need to recognize the difference between a natural spike and a forced buyout. Most of the 93/94 spikes feel forced. This is not a community that any of the #mtgfinance people actively participate in financially. They realize that the demand for the cards is just not there, and it's ridiculously hard to get someone to pay at those inflated prices. Too much risk.

The way true speculators handle it is that they buy a share of a card at a price that seems low, with a target selling point in mind. This is completely dependent on price range; i.e. someone who specs on a $50 card may buy a playset or two, but on a 50 cent card they may go deep with 30 or 40 copies. Are you really mad at someone who buys two playsets of a card like Jace, Vryn's Prodigy at $40 because they see it being played in every format as a Mythic rare in a set that isn't opened very much? Or are you mad at someone who sees value in Wasteland Strangler and buys 20 copies while it's under a buck? None of these people are resetting an overinflated price; they're just riding along the natural ebb and flow of prices.

Sure, making it known that supply is low does lead to a buyout, but it's not necessarily because of speculators. There are also people who may want to play the card eventually and fear of a spike makes them pull the trigger earlier than expected. That's what happened with dual lands; I don't think speculators jumped on them, because the margins aren't high enough to be worth the investment or risk. Also, consider the fact that people actually post the information so others can use it too. The guy setting Blood Lust at $30 isn't sitting around telling everyone that Blood Lust is primed to spike (because everyone knows he's 1. full of shit and 2. trying to play them); he's sitting in his basement jerking off to his pile of used bubble mailers and cardboard that's old enough to drink, wondering why no one wants to buy it because he failed economics class.

Speculators are fine with a double up (quit while you're ahead, etc.), and if they happen to have something like Blood Lust, Meditate, or whatever that just spiked, they will price it competitively lower than the buyout morons and drive the market down to a point where people are comfortable paying it (and hopefully making a sale). Again, probably not worth the risk of buying in.

tl;dr - I understand your anger, but it's directed at the wrong people.

Rawr
    Feb 2009
    Ecuador

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Getting your test prints: priceless.

Wth.

I was majorly upset with myself when I had to buy my Cities for $50-$60 or so after they had spiked from $30 a few years back.

On another note - I hope you all bought your copies of Island of Wak-Wak! It's spiking too now!

bruizar

its a reaction. Modern Eldrazi players will want to port over to legacy after the ban and they need sol land for it.

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

You know what's amazing is that even though Eye already experienced a spike, its price has dropped since being confirmed as a 4/4 in 50% of the meta.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    its a reaction. Modern Eldrazi players will want to port over to legacy after the ban and they need sol land for it.
    I think EMA coming and City being a RL card is the real reason for the price spike.

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    Wth.

I was majorly upset with myself when I had to buy my Cities for $50-$60 or so after they had spiked from $30 a few years back.

On another note - I hope you all bought your copies of Island of Wak-Wak! It's spiking too now!
    Yep, null rod too is up to 50$. I guess if anything I'm glad it is getting really out of control so WOTC might do something about it.

And eye is looking to get banned, eldrazi was over 50% of the day2 meta at louisville, ~65% top 32. Its almost comical.

bruizar

lol :-) I don't know about you guys but im not paying anywhere near 50 bucks for a null rod. The only format that card is really exceptional is vintage.

Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Yep, null rod too is up to 50$. I guess if anything I'm glad it is getting really out of control so WOTC might do something about it.

And eye is looking to get banned, eldrazi was over 50% of the day2 meta at louisville, ~65% top 32. Its almost comical.
    It wasn't that bad man, 47,4% day 2 metagame and 60,4% top 32. Yes, still bad, but not so horrendous :P

If you want a Null Rod replacement and you are in white, Stony Silence is an alternative.

Greetings,
    Kathal

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Narwhal sold out on SCG. Spike incoming.

May 2015
    Dominarian Slum

Quote Originally Posted by jrsthethird View Post

First off, you need to recognize the difference between a natural spike and a forced buyout. Most of the 93/94 spikes feel forced. This is not a community that any of the #mtgfinance people actively participate in financially. They realize that the demand for the cards is just not there, and it's ridiculously hard to get someone to pay at those inflated prices. Too much risk.
    I completely understand these differences. Fact is I named those people/sites for reasons based on the words spoken by those specific people or members of whichever shitbag mtgfinance community site I listed.

The way true speculators handle it is that they buy a share of a card at a price that seems low, with a target selling point in mind. This is completely dependent on price range; i.e. someone who specs on a $50 card may buy a playset or two, but on a 50 cent card they may go deep with 30 or 40 copies. Are you really mad at someone who buys two playsets of a card like Jace, Vryn's Prodigy at $40 because they see it being played in every format as a Mythic rare in a set that isn't opened very much? Or are you mad at someone who sees value in Wasteland Strangler and buys 20 copies while it's under a buck? None of these people are resetting an overinflated price; they're just riding along the natural ebb and flow of prices.
    The way speculators are handling the market currently is buying out cards on tcg player, ebay and all the stores they can hunt on google-buy them out and jack the price on TCG player. TCG player reports the inflated price (by #mtgfinancefucks) and the price then is seen by the masses on sites like mtggoldfish. Buying a couple playsets is not a buyout, not sure what you're even getting at.

Sure, making it known that supply is low does lead to a buyout, but it's not necessarily because of speculators. There are also people who may want to play the card eventually and fear of a spike makes them pull the trigger earlier than expected. That's what happened with dual lands; I don't think speculators jumped on them, because the margins aren't high enough to be worth the investment or risk. Also, consider the fact that people actually post the information so others can use it too. The guy setting Blood Lust at $30 isn't sitting around telling everyone that Blood Lust is primed to spike (because everyone knows he's 1. full of shit and 2. trying to play them); he's sitting in his basement jerking off to his pile of used bubble mailers and cardboard that's old enough to drink, wondering why no one wants to buy it because he failed economics class.
    They are inflating the price because they are depending/hoping price memory serves their investment.

Speculators are fine with a double up (quit while you're ahead, etc.), and if they happen to have something like Blood Lust, Meditate, or whatever that just spiked, they will price it competitively lower than the buyout morons and drive the market down to a point where people are comfortable paying it (and hopefully making a sale). Again, probably not worth the risk of buying in.
    Problem is there are not a lot of these cards that are getting bought out by these fucks who dont even play the damn format. These sites pitch this theme that they are trying to get the game cheaper for players where realistically its just a bunch of wanna-be wall-street guys riding training wheels.
    Tusk Up

You had 19 years to buy a set of Null Rods. If you are crying about it now, fuck you.

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    You had 19 years to buy a set of Null Rods. If you are crying about it now, fuck you.
    But why would anyone buy it? It does nothing.

I'm here all week, folks.

I have my playset, but I'm still struggling to find the right shell for them, they just don't seem to do anything.
    Cockatrice: Bosque

Thread Information