Page 311 of 343 FirstFirst ... 211261301307308309310311312313314315321 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,220 of 6857

Thread: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MaximumC View Post
    Remember how some of us keep saying: "Keep your shirt on, they'll reprint Reserve List effects without violating the List itself, it's all good. Calm down." ?

Now, can we please stop complaining about it and realize the problem is, in fact, being fixed?
    Not to be one of the whiners, but that card is Yawgmoth's Will as much as Magus of the Wheel is Wheel is Wheel of Fortune (that is to say, it isn't).

That being said, I do like the throwbacks they do from time to time!

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Wake me up when we get Magus of the Recall please.

(By my estimate, that should be Commander 2020 or so.)
    No problem dood.

Magus of Recalling - U
    Human Wizard

2UU, tap, sac: target player draws 3 cards

1/1
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    No problem dood.
    Training Grounds combo, lets go!
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Isn't Arcanis kind of Magus of the Recall already?
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximumC View Post
    Remember how some of us keep saying: "Keep your shirt on, they'll reprint Reserve List effects without violating the List itself, it's all good. Calm down." ?

Now, can we please stop complaining about it and realize the problem is, in fact, being fixed?
    No the problem is that they don't print them anymore and because of the RL we have words like mistakes, and oops.

Quote Originally Posted by jattra View Post
    Why are people paying $10 or whatever $ for a ticket to watch a movie?
    Though this analogy has some merit. It is not exactly accurate. Compare Magic with other board games. With other board games, you really only pay once and maybe two or three times for some expansions if you are really into the game. People really only pay those large sums to Wotc, since they know their cards have some value.

Ask yourself this question, why are you paying so much for a booster box, when you know the cards are being printed to oblivion. Sometimes it's the fun of opening packs, sometimes it's helping your LGS, but really you want to open that chase mythic or "masterpiece". Just know that the chase mythic will be in a duel deck or Commander reprint set in a few years. I remember when everyone was cracking shards for Elspeth like crazy people. Then a few years later a duel deck came out and then I realized it was crazy to buy boosters just to crack a mythic. Magic does need reprints as long as the player base grows. But once it stagnates, they need to reel it back some. Someone did not get the memo at Wotc that the player base has hit equilibrium. Now it's just corporate greed. At the current rate, Baseball cards and Comic books equals MTG. If the player base is not vigilant, that will be the fate of MTG. That is the best analogy that I can give as to what I am seeing.

To be clear, I don't want Legacy to die. I want it to thrive. I think that their should be a trade-in program at Wotc, so that the number of dual lands in circulation can increase. Players should be the one's reaping the benefits of their collection. I have no idea why more players are not for a trade-in program. All of you would benefit. Everyone keeps wanting Wizards of the Cost to benefit more at the cost of own collections. I keep reading "Wizards does not make any money from Legacy or Modern" It is my opinion that you the player after spending hundred or in many cases thousands need to make money of your collections. Your local gaming store needs to make money off their inventory. I suspect for various reasons that a trade-in program is coming in the future in any case.

Oct 2015
    Prague, CZ

Quote Originally Posted by dragonwisdom View Post
    People really only pay those large sums to Wotc, since they know their cards have some value.
    I am paying for a box like every couple of months because I am drafting with friends. The cards coming out of the box have not the value of the price I am paying for the game. I am spending money for having good times with my friends.
    I am also playing legacy. I am not paying to WotC for that, however. It's completely different market. If reprints push prices down, I can play draft for the same money and can purchase another legacy deck much cheaper. I would love that.

So I'm priced out of t1, getting there in 1.5, can do modern but I find it as boring as t2.

I want to do big legacy events but burn, affinity and high tide are not competitive.
    So I'm thinking of selling everything for just one deck in a non aggro variety.

Hell if I was to sell everything I could buy a piece of power, as for modern I built decks with cards I already had.
    Not sure what to do with my favorite hobby anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    So I'm priced out of t1, getting there in 1.5, can do modern but I find it as boring as t2.

I want to do big legacy events but burn, affinity and high tide are not competitive.
    So I'm thinking of selling everything for just one deck in a non aggro variety.

Hell if I was to sell everything I could buy a piece of power, as for modern I built decks with cards I already had.
    Not sure what to do with my favorite hobby anymore.
    I would suggest proxying a couple decks you think you will be interested in and once you figure out what you want to play, sell out of your current decks and go to that. There are great places online to find deals. I use twitter and am able to get tcg low prices on most cards.

Well I love high tide but it's not viable and as it is I need 3 more candles and SB work.

I wanted to play cawblade in t2 but that never happened as they banned cards before I could get a chance to get the money cards.

So a blade deck sounds up my alley but I don't think it stands a chance right now.

If I jump on the miracles bandwagon for sure something important for other decks gets banned.

Like it happened to pod, it found its way in t2 decks I liked(Melira was not my style), pushed them up. Ban

I thought about twin, ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    Well I love high tide but it's not viable and as it is I need 3 more candles and SB work.

I wanted to play cawblade in t2 but that never happened as they banned cards before I could get a chance to get the money cards.

So a blade deck sounds up my alley but I don't think it stands a chance right now.

If I jump on the miracles bandwagon for sure something important for other decks gets banned.

Like it happened to pod, it found its way in t2 decks I liked(Melira was not my style), pushed them up. Ban

I thought about twin, ban.
    While banning doesnt happen nearly as much in legacy as other formats, I think there is a real possibility to ban something in miracles. With that being said I would make miracles if you think that is the deck you would enjoy the most. That deck would transition into a stoneblade deck very easily.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

(Not my picture, no, I don't have one/I am not a Judge)

Interesting in seeing where this ends up, price wise. It sees very little play and I have a feeling that a great deal of it's value was artificial due to it's scarcity.

I have an original English one, not sure what to do with it now. Keep it, or trade it for one of these if the values are about equal (yeah, you lose the old border, but you gain black border).

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Interesting in seeing where this ends up, price wise. It sees very little play and I have a feeling that a great deal of it's value was artificial due to it's scarcity.

I have an original English one, not sure what to do with it now. Keep it, or trade it for one of these if the values are about equal (yeah, you lose the old border, but you gain black border).
    Looks like someone is trying to sell one for $1,250 on the high end mtg group. No way that is a reasonable price based on the information from the reddit post, it sounds like this is just part of the first wave that was sent out. I feel like the price will drop but not by too much. Seems like every playing EDH player would want another vampiric tutor effect in their deck.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    Looks like someone is trying to sell one for $1,250 on the high end mtg group. No way that is a reasonable price based on the information from the reddit post, it sounds like this is just part of the first wave that was sent out. I feel like the price will drop but not by too much. Seems like every playing EDH player would want another vampiric tutor effect in their deck.
    Yeah, there are only 26 for now, but it will be a "regular" wave next year. I would think the price would end up similar to the Mana Drain judge promo, but maybe not. Interesting, because you can play 4x Drain in Vintage, there really isn't any where to play 4x Seal. That being said, you are right, EDH is more of a factor.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

EDH is more of a factor.
    It is and it isn't... How many Seals are currently used in EDH decks? I would guess that the bulk of Seals are owned by collectors or Vintage players, and some percentage of Vintage players might use their copy in an EDH deck. But your average EDH player will be priced out of this card, even if it drops in price to Judge Mana Drain levels. It's also not very good in EDH unless you are playing a super cut-throat list. It is -3 card advantage and is disruptable by commonly played nonsense like Path to Exile.

I will be curious to see if this even dents the price of original printings.

Feb 2012
    Tienen

I've played mine in EDH. It's a card you should only play if you go for the kill. Everybody knows its price, and people will throw everything they have at you because they expect a degenerate effect next turn, if not sooner. The superior cards Demonic and Vampiric Tutor don't get that reaction.

prices of mtg sets of good non-reserve list cards are dropping to historic lows and new sets are being printed to oblivion.

Has anyone noticed a semi-crash or softening in mtg prices.

Old sets that are 20 years old and not protected by the reserve list are worth next to nothing considering how old they are.

example: Apocalypse, judgement and visions (whose good cards are not on the reserve list) are worth like 100 bucks. Wizards has devalued those sets so much that they
    are not worth anything. Mecandian Masques has Rishidan port which I believe can be reprinted. Once it is, this will be a 100 dollar set as well.

All the new sets that just rotated out of standard are basically worthless as they have been printed to oblivion, starting from return to ravnica and up.

Some silver age sets like Innnistrad, Rise, zendikar and Lorwn/shadowmoor block are worth money, but once the greedy reprints come from Wotc,those sets will be worthless too. I am not sure why we collect cards if they will all be worthless in 20 years. It's like they see a 300 dollar set and do everything they can to make sure it turns into a 100 dollar set.

Collectors beware that magic cards are starting to mimic the collapse of baseball cards.

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

Quote Originally Posted by dragonwisdom View Post
    prices of mtg sets of good non-reserve list cards are dropping to historic lows and new sets are being printed to oblivion.

Has anyone noticed a semi-crash or softening in mtg prices.

Old sets that are 20 years old and not protected by the reserve list are worth next to nothing considering how old they are.

example: Apocalypse, judgement and visions (whose good cards are not on the reserve list) are worth like 100 bucks. Wizards has devalued those sets so much that they
    are not worth anything. Mecandian Masques has Rishidan port which I believe can be reprinted. Once it is, this will be a 100 dollar set as well.

All the new sets that just rotated out of standard are basically worthless as they have been printed to oblivion, starting from return to ravnica and up.

Some silver age sets like Innnistrad, Rise, zendikar and Lorwn/shadowmoor block are worth money, but once the greedy reprints come from Wotc,those sets will be worthless too. I am not sure why we collect cards if they will all be worthless in 20 years. It's like they see a 300 dollar set and do everything they can to make sure it turns into a 100 dollar set.

Collectors beware that magic cards are starting to mimic the collapse of baseball cards.
    Age isn't everything. Powerlevel also plays a big part. Just look at FoW. Sure, it was reprinted at mythic, but it's for the most part held its value. Natural Order has only really fallen about $10-15, ABU Berserk is still as expensive as ever (which is actually pretty interesting in the context of abolishing the RL and reprinting ABUR duals as it would suggest that ABUR prices may stay high, however Berserk is not a staple in nearly every Legacy deck whereas dual lands are, but I digress), Legends Sylvan Library is still pretty much just as high as ever (ignoring that weird spike in early 2016).

You're not really allowed to worry about your cards losing value if they're not on the RL; that's the whole point of the RL. When people get upset that they just spend $x on cards for a deck and then some cards get reprinted thus decreasing the value of their "investment", I don't sympathize with them because that's a risk they have to realize when owning non-RL cards. And that's also why people would be pissed if WotC did away with the RL and reprinted duals and stuff from Legends into the ground.
    The purpose of any moat is to impede attack. Some are filled with water, some with thistles. Some are filled with things best left unseen.

bruizar

I'm still suffering from the All-Hallow's Eve buyout. It's at 120 euro on MCM but none of those have actually sold for that. The highest sold was 85 (still degenerate). I refuse to pony up on artificial spikes. 500 euro for a playset of bad reanimation effects is outrageous.

Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    And that's also why people would be pissed if WotC did away with the RL and reprinted duals and stuff from Legends into the ground.
    Some of us must be sacrificed, if all are to be saved.

Thread Information