Page 318 of 343 FirstFirst ... 218268308314315316317318319320321322328 ... LastLast
Results 6,341 to 6,360 of 6857

Thread: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Also sideboard in Bant Eldrazi in Modern. The rise of Paladin is also I feel likely driving some demand.
    Mainly for other decks to have instant game against the Cheeri0s deck.

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

I think a lot of people are picking it up in response to the Eggs (Paladin) deck. Chalice at 0 slows that deck down until they hit a sideboard so is probably the best card you get play against them.

Oct 2015
    Prague, CZ

Mishra's Bauble at 35+ or sold out. How many people threw this out as a jack uncommon back in the day?

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Lol @ modern. How many modern apes scream about how expensive legacy is and then drop $150 on a playset of that fucking card?
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Lol @ modern. How many modern apes scream about how expensive legacy is and then drop $150 on a playset of that fucking card?
    Not to mention it might get banned at some point because as free card draw, it enables degeneracy.

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

Quote Originally Posted by whocansay View Post
    Mishra's Bauble at 35+ or sold out. How many people threw this out as a jack uncommon back in the day?
    I found one lying around in my collection and sold it 2 years ago for the first $2 I could get (before Lantern and Cherri0s became big) because lol @ $2 for a jank uncommon.
    The purpose of any moat is to impede attack. Some are filled with water, some with thistles. Some are filled with things best left unseen.

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Not to mention it might get banned at some point because as free card draw, it enables degeneracy.
    Wizards really needs to just start (re)printing answers. They've already cut Modern from the PT and solidified their position to push Standard and Limited as the premier competitive formats; there's no reason to not try and make Modern into Legacy-lite at this point.

A balanced Daze could be:

Instant

You may return a basic island you control to its owner's hand rather than pay [cardname's] casting cost.

Counter target spell unless its controller pays .
    A balanced Counterspell could be:

Instant

[Cardname] costs less to cast if you cast it on an opponent's turn.

Counter target spell.
    The purpose of any moat is to impede attack. Some are filled with water, some with thistles. Some are filled with things best left unseen.

Feb 2012
    Tienen

I know I have a foil one lying around somewhere in my mom's house, in a large box of junk cards. It's probably 40 or 50 euro or so, but I can't be arsed to go look for it.

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    I know I have a foil one lying around somewhere in my mom's house, in a large box of junk cards. It's probably 40 or 50 euro or so, but I can't be arsed to go look for it.
    I thought Europeans didn't bother themselves with that dumpster fire of a format? Is it really that much on MKM?

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    I found one lying around in my collection and sold it 2 years ago for the first $2 I could get (before Lantern and Cherri0s became big) because lol @ $2 for a jank uncommon.
    It's not in Cheerios and Lantern is better without it imo. It's home seems to be mostly in Death Zoo and as a Delirium trigger for Grim Flayer. It's not worth is asking price.

Oh and it's cute in Hardened Scales Affinity.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

A balanced Counterspell could be:
    [Cardname]
    Instant
    [Cardname] costs less to cast if you cast it on an opponent's turn.
    Counter target spell.
    I feel like you have that backwards. The cost reduction should apply if you cast it during your turn.

The feel-bads for Counterspell is that an opponent can pass the turn with two untapped Islands and stop whatever you planned on doing.
    If the reduction applies during your own turn, then the Counterspell is being used defensively and causes less feel-bads.

It's unlikely they print either version, but I believe mine has a slightly higher chance.

Feb 2012
    Tienen

I thought Europeans didn't bother themselves with that dumpster fire of a format? Is it really that much on MKM?
    https://www.magiccardmarket.eu/Produ...hra%27s+Bauble

Crazy, I know, but you'd better believe it.

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    I feel like you have that backwards. The cost reduction should apply if you cast it during your turn.

The feel-bads for Counterspell is that an opponent can pass the turn with two untapped Islands and stop whatever you planned on doing.
    If the reduction applies during your own turn, then the Counterspell is being used defensively and causes less feel-bads.

It's unlikely they print either version, but I believe mine has a slightly higher chance.
    Or we could get lucky and they print both. But at that point I would probably actually start selling out of MTG because if WotC is making 2 nearly identical spells just to fill a void in Modern, that means their design space is closing fast and the game is in danger of stagnating.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Or we could get lucky and they print both. But at that point I would probably actually start selling out of MTG because if WotC is making 2 nearly identical spells just to fill a void in Modern, that means their design space is closing fast and the game is in danger of stagnating.
    With about 85% of new cards having the word "creature" printed on them and 80% of all mechanics being a kicker-variant, the game is stagnant for years.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

$75 flusterstorm is insanity. I mean I get it, but Christ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Nov 2006
    London

$75 flusterstorm is insanity. I mean I get it, but Christ.
    It'll probably get a reprint with the next Eternal Masters, or some other box set. Good card, that. Putting the squeeze on Mana Drain.

Quote Originally Posted by keys View Post
    It'll probably get a reprint with the next Eternal Masters, or some other box set. Good card, that. Putting the squeeze on Mana Drain.
    I'm hoping for the new Mind vs Might duel deck, but I'm not too optimistic we'll see a reprint for quite a while :(

Site Contributor

Feb 2015
    Detroit, MI

Anyone have thoughtful thoughts on to what price the original Zendikar fetches will drop. Are they at their lowest now or will they decrease in price further? I have been waiting for the reprint to buy a few sets in a different language and want to buy at the lowest price. Thanks in advance!

Jul 2008
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by ScottW View Post
    Anyone have thoughtful thoughts on to what price the original Zendikar fetches will drop. Are they at their lowest now or will they decrease in price further? I have been waiting for the reprint to buy a few sets in a different language and want to buy at the lowest price. Thanks in advance!
    I'm waiting for the same thing.
    Give it about a month. People need to first crack all the packs and open fetches. Then ebay and card shops will become inundated with supply and the price will drop.
    I don't expect the drop in price to be on the same level as Khans fetches when they were reprinted, considering the supply released into the second market wont be as much, but they should drop into the mid to low $20 range at least (for Verdant and Scalding, the other 3 should dip into the teens).

The dip will be very brief though. They will slowly rise again as magic cards always do.

Thread Information