Page 326 of 343 FirstFirst ... 226276316322323324325326327328329330336 ... LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,520 of 6857

Thread: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    It's profit once they've sold everything at a higher price than which they bought it for. Until then they just bought a bunch of cards and that's it. Good luck paying your bills by sending companies foil Grim Monoliths... And would you accept a stack of Squires as change?

I also understand that prices like these can create a bubble, which can pop.
    Well, ofcourse.. it's an investment. You don't invest the money you need to pay for your everyday bills ;) you invest because you can.

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Miagi View Post
    Well, ofcourse.. it's an investment. You don't invest the money you need to pay for your everyday bills ;) you invest because you can.
    I agree w/ all of this
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    It's profit once they've sold everything at a higher price than which they bought it for.
    I'm not sure if this is really what you meant to convey, but that's not true though. There is no need to sell everything, especially if you've successfully pushed the price up.

For example:

Buy ten copies of X at $1 each. Total expenditure: $10.

Sell one copy of X at $11. Total income ($11) - Total expenditure ($10) = Total profit: $1.

You could literally eat the other nine at that point and still have a profit. Of course the margin is shit and you'd have one dollar for your time, but that isn't the point, you still made a dollar without moving the rest of the items. There is no need to divest the whole inventory to generate a profit. Obviously if you can only sell X at $5 the equation is different, but still, you would not need to move every copy in order to generate a profit.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Miagi View Post
    The "investment" mentality does very little to bolster the health of the game and this fornat in particular. Not calling out Mr. Miagi specifically, just using his words to express a feeling I have about the community at large.
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    It's like arguing your way out of a speeding ticket by saying "it's not like I'm wearing oven mitts, officer."
    Twenty Kavus and a Dream is NOT a Legacy deck.

Yea, I definitely feel investing in MTG is ruining the game, and I refuse to do it on some sort of moral basis. But damn, these buyouts and shit are really testing my morals.

Quote Originally Posted by kirkusjones View Post
    The "investment" mentality does very little to bolster the health of the game and this fornat in particular. Not calling out Mr. Miagi specifically, just using his words to express a feeling I have about the community at large.
    Agree completely, don't like it either, but... it is what it is :/

Site Contributor

Jul 2009
    Philadelphia, PA

What we are seeing is a shift in what was the floor of reserved list cards.

The method of people using buyouts to achieve this can be debated - but I higher floor for reserved list cards was inevitable as the game increased in popularity, and people who grew up with the game had more money to spend.

Yawg's Bargain just spiked to 20$.

I guess the speculators will make mad profit off those 13 Vintage players across the globe who didn't have a few around.

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

I just wonder who are all the suckers buying at those prices. Probably the sucker speculators that got in too late

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

It makes no sense that you can trade a Mox to yourself for four copies of Old Man of the Sea or other carbage.

So there are two possible scenarios:

1) The price spike will come back to normal
    or
    2) The price of actually good cards (Moxes, Abyss, Moat, Nether Void, Library, Tabernacle) will rise soon to the level you cant credit in carbage to get these.

Any idea why judge flusterstorm spiked?

Peter

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by pjetr0 View Post
    Any idea why judge flusterstorm spiked?

Peter
    Not sure what you mean. Foils are actually less than twice the cost of non-foils.

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Not sure what you mean. Foils are actually less than twice the cost of non-foils.
    Cheapest copies on Magiccardmarket are currently 219.5 euros. They were less than 100 euro a couple of weeks ago. For reference, the non foils are about 65 euro.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilis View Post
    Cheapest copies on Magiccardmarket are currently 219.5 euros. They were less than 100 euro a couple of weeks ago. For reference, the non foils are about 65 euro.
    I didn't look at the European markets. TCGPlayer still had some foils at about $150 dollars and nonfoils at about $80.

It isn't likely to reprinted any time soon and is a pretty good card, so it's not really surprising.

May 2015
    Dominarian Slum

I just can't believe these fools bought out Stangg
    Tusk Up

Site Contributor
    Sep 2015
    Austin TX

Quote Originally Posted by hymnyou View Post
    I just can't believe these fools bought out Stangg
    They're coming for Wordmail next!

Nov 2006
    London

It isn't likely to reprinted any time soon and is a pretty good card, so it's not really surprising.
    Surely Flusterstorm could get reprinted in any new set, masters edition, or commander deck? And then the price is going to tank. Also there are tons of cards with similar effects (Spell Pierce, Mindbreak Trap, Pyroblast, etc.). I just don't get it...

I sold 2 Judge Foils and bought reserved list and Old School cards instead.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by keys View Post
    Surely Flusterstorm could get reprinted in any new set, masters edition, or commander deck? And then the price is going to tank. Also there are tons of cards with similar effects (Spell Pierce, Mindbreak Trap, Pyroblast, etc.). I just don't get it...

I sold 2 Judge Foils and bought reserved list and Old School cards instead.
    Could? As in, "it isn't on the Reserve List?" Well, of course. It could be reprinted the same as Tendril of Agony can be printing in any Standard legal set. But the chances that they print a Storm card in a Standard set seems very, very low to me. If they do another Eternal Masters set, sure. Or another Commander deck, but that seem unlikely as well, since it would spike the value of that box in relation to the others which causes supply problems (Wizards has been trying to avoid this).

So, an Eternal Masters reprint seems like it's most likely home and we have no visibility that one is coming any time soon. So, is it possible? Of course, but not probable that it will be within the next year, or even a little longer.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Well Horizon Canopy is in Iconic Masters.
    So if that's iconic, then Flusterstorm could be too.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Nov 2006
    London

Could? As in, "it isn't on the Reserve List?" Well, of course. It could be reprinted the same as Tendril of Agony can be printing in any Standard legal set. But the chances that they print a Storm card in a Standard set seems very, very low to me. If they do another Eternal Masters set, sure. Or another Commander deck, but that seem unlikely as well, since it would spike the value of that box in relation to the others which causes supply problems (Wizards has been trying to avoid this).

So, an Eternal Masters reprint seems like it's most likely home and we have no visibility that one is coming any time soon. So, is it possible? Of course, but not probable that it will be within the next year, or even a little longer.
    What about Modern Masters (storm is a thing), Conspiracy-style sets, FTV, etc... There are more ways they could reprint it even outside of Eternal Masters and Commander, which are both obvious to me.

Anyway, it appears that TCG Player still has NM copies for $130. It's really just an EU buyout.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    Well Horizon Canopy is in Iconic Masters.
    So if that's iconic, then Flusterstorm could be too.
    This, as well.

Edit: Mana Drain at Mythic :O

Thread Information