Page 328 of 343 FirstFirst ... 228278318324325326327328329330331332338 ... LastLast
Results 6,541 to 6,560 of 6857

Thread: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

Oct 2005
    Toronto Canada

Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    The continued non-printing of Port is really suspicious. What are they saving it for, really? It's got to be something. Perhaps we'll see a set with Port and Imperial Recruiter at some point.
    Don't try to apply logic to their spurious reasons for not printing reprintable staples. Remember Damnation? it was so egregious that Sam Stoddart had to write a whole article on the mother ship explaining why it took them a decade to reprint it, and every reason was completely arbitrary and mostly had to do with feelings and it not sitting right artistically or aesthetically with the what they wanted certain releases to feel like. No one other than Wotc cares about that, and Wotc VASTLY overestimates how much that stuff matters.

It was supposed to be in a FTV but a set in development was maybe going to use it so they pulled it, and then it never made that set. Like why not fucking both?!?!? They do that all the time, where there is a new print of something and then it shows up again 9 months later. Who cares? people just want the card, but this one time it was suddenly not a rule they could break?

Mox Diamond Buyout just happened.

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

Anyone feel like literally throwing around $600? Chaos Orb tripled in a week, from $200 to $600.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Anyone feel like literally throwing around $600? Chaos Orb tripled in a week, from $200 to $600.
    Why was Chaos Orb $200 to begin with? The card is banned everywhere.

Old School and collectors I guess.

Apr 2006
    Worcester/Boston, MA

Starting to get back into Magic, but these prices are deterring me. I bought my Revised duals for $20 a pop back in 2005. Sold all my cards in 2013ish to fund another hobby, thinking I had made a great profit... oh how shortsighted I was. The thought that I will never be able to buy back most of my old cards is scary. Those legacy staples I used to own, those obscure but useless old cards from Arabian Nights I collected for fun, the mint condition Alpha I pulled from a pack, would cost me as much as a new car at this point. Who exactly can afford that? Do people still play with real cards?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggl3s
    Ya, your such an amazing player iOwn (should be changed to iPwn FTW) you surpass me with your amazing chalice 1 skillzorz

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

play LED dredge! :)
    -rob

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    I think that a couple graded copies have sold recently, thus bumping up the aggregate price one sees on charts around the web. Tcg mid is around 590, while Cardkingdom has copies for about half that price. I dont think its the new price floor, just an anomaly. But this is mtg finance so who knows

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tittliewinks22 View Post
    Mox Diamond Buyout just happened.
    Hope you guys got your Diamonds, $180 now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    It's a colorless Vindicate in Old School and that format had a huge buyout.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Hope you guys got your Diamonds, $180 now.
    There are many available on magiccardmarked starting at 50€

Site Contributor

Feb 2011

If you're looking at English Diamonds of Exc or better, than there's a single copy on MKM for €75 and then they go from €100+ upwards, rising fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Non games are not only a common sight in Legacy, they are every decks plan. [...] Playing a deck like DnT and then complaining about "Non games" is hypocritical, because non games are your plan, you just disapprove of the way someone else is trying to achieve that same goal.

Quote Originally Posted by hjalte View Post
    There are many available on magiccardmarked starting at 50€
    NM copies are 100€.

I just checked, I only have 3. Shit. On the other hand, it's been years since I've played a deck with Mox Diamond.

edit : well, I managed to see an EX copy at 54€ on a non-US, "non-internationally known" site. So basically a pre-spike price (or almost). Yes, I ordered it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    140x Relentless Rats
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Bleiweiss
    I wish that Wizards would have just gone ahead and done away with the Reserved List entirely. It is nothing but a blight on the game and one that long outlived its purpose. [...] I am wholeheartedly in favor of getting rid of the Reserved List and reprinting higher-dollar staple cards from EDH and Legacy. Pete Hoefling the owner of StarCityGames.com agrees with my point of view as well.
    - Ben Bleiweiss, SCG General Manager, Feb 2010

Quote Originally Posted by iOWN View Post
    Starting to get back into Magic, but these prices are deterring me. I bought my Revised duals for $20 a pop back in 2005. Sold all my cards in 2013ish to fund another hobby, thinking I had made a great profit... oh how shortsighted I was. The thought that I will never be able to buy back most of my old cards is scary. Those legacy staples I used to own, those obscure but useless old cards from Arabian Nights I collected for fun, the mint condition Alpha I pulled from a pack, would cost me as much as a new car at this point. Who exactly can afford that? Do people still play with real cards?
    You would be surprised how many don't use real cards.

reddit.com/bootlegmtg
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

Copper Tablets skyrocket.

I wonder why them instead of many other more playable U/B/A only cards.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by raudo View Post
    Copper Tablets skyrocket.

I wonder why them instead of many other more playable U/B/A only cards.
    Somebody won an 93/94 tournament with them or something. I saw a vague post about it on Facebook.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Yes, it got second at ovino XII old school event, with two copper main and two side.

Anybody knows why volrath shapeshifter has bumped now?

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

i think it was seen in a reanimator deck.
    -rob

Copper Tablets hype is now gone and the prices are going back to normal. Next buyout looks to be unlimited Shivan Dragons.

Thread Information