Page 330 of 343 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334340 ... LastLast
Results 6,581 to 6,600 of 6857

Thread: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

legal or playable?

Quote Originally Posted by rlesko View Post
    Timetwister is a weird buyout, since its barely vintage playable, and thats 50% of the formats it is played in
    93/94 is becoming more and more popular

Quote Originally Posted by raudo View Post
    93/94 is becoming more and more popular
    No doubt. My thought was that pretty much all the other power is more powerful and translates over to vintage better (if you ever wanted that sort of thing). Not to mention theres a red timetwister. Recall seems like a much better buy as well as black lotus.

In 93/94 there are no FoW. So you can take your broken stuff back from the graveyard, draw seven, play moxes and get the loop rolling. In some cases 93/94 Twister is even the best card from p9 imo.

Anyone noticed the Rishadan XXXX foils from Mercadian Masques going mental?

In 93/94 there are no FoW. So you can take your broken stuff back from the graveyard, draw seven, play moxes and get the loop rolling. In some cases 93/94 Twister is even the best card from p9 imo.

Anyone noticed the Rishadan XXXX foils from Mercadian Masques going mental?
    Sorry, let me clarify.

Wasn't saying the card is not much better in 93/94 than other formats it is legal.

However, my point was that there are power cards that are legal in 93/94 that also have more relevance outside of 93/94, such as Ancestral Recall

So what is the situation with silver border cards now legal in EDH? Any buyouts?
    Blacker Lotus not yet spiked, I wonder why?

Foreign Black Border
    Jun 2012
    Houston, Texas

It’s only legal for a month and a half.
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I still have a strong suspicion that if 'Thalia, Heretic Cathar' had been named 'Frank, Heretic Cathar', people would be a lot more skeptical of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goin Aggro View Post
    Ugh, there he goes again, talking about the girlfriend. We get it dude.

In my honest opinion I think this indicates that some day they will be legal in some format. So maybe I tank some in just in case..

Some cards did spike, like Jack in the Mox and Frankie Peanuts.

Blacker Lotus "requires" you to tear it into pieces, so maybe that's why it didn't necessarily move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    the $5,000 price tag is not going to stick
    Unlimited Timetwisters finally dropped below Alpha and Beta copies. Although Beta copies still seem to be valued higher than Alpha, which is very odd and unlikely to be a permanent thing.

Bazaar appears to be finding a new average value. It has spiked and dropped a few times but is settling at a few hundred dollars more than previously.

Arabian Serendib Efreets are currently quite cheap compared to other Arabian Night cards. They are as 4 off in lions share of 93/94 best decks. When the carbage like Old Man of the Sea spiked Efreets stayed still. I wonder for how long?

City of Brass is another 4 off card in the Deck and others. You can get lp condition under 100e currently.

Arabian Serendib Efreets are currently quite cheap compared to other Arabian Night cards. They are as 4 off in lions share of 93/94 best decks. When the carbage like Old Man of the Sea spiked Efreets stayed still. I wonder for how long?

City of Brass is another 4 off card in the Deck and others. You can get lp condition under 100e currently.
    Well, City of Brass is an Uncommon, it makes sense that their price is lower than Serendib's.
    Also, Old Man of the Sea has never been reprinted, but Serendib Efreet is in many editions that are playable in most OldSchool communities.

The difference between U2 and U3 is not that much in AN. There exists about 20k of each U2 and 30k each U3. If the price rises are more due to 93/94 than reserve list (which I presume) expect the Serendibs and Cities rise slowly but surely.

Old Man is an unplayable piece of garbage no matter the format (I'm guessing including in 93/94) that will set you back ~150 $/€.

City and Serendib are perfectly playable cards that will set you back ~200 $/€ for an AN copy, and a few cents to a couple bucks for a recent edition.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    140x Relentless Rats
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Bleiweiss
    I wish that Wizards would have just gone ahead and done away with the Reserved List entirely. It is nothing but a blight on the game and one that long outlived its purpose. [...] I am wholeheartedly in favor of getting rid of the Reserved List and reprinting higher-dollar staple cards from EDH and Legacy. Pete Hoefling the owner of StarCityGames.com agrees with my point of view as well.
    - Ben Bleiweiss, SCG General Manager, Feb 2010

Yea, most people don't play swedish rules. And there exists FBB And FWB of Efreet, so you can get the proper artwork rather easily. Renaissance City of Brass exists as well

I wonder if there exists any old school player who doesn't want to pimp his deck, playing swedish rules or not.. :)

I wonder if there exists any old school player who doesn't want to pimp his deck, playing swedish rules or not.. :)
    All my duals are FBB; I don't play white border cards so no Revised and no Unlimited, and Beta duals are too expensive for me nowadays to upgrade 24 of them. So I have FBB efreets as I'll never play Swedish rules.

Academy Rectors, Time Spirals and Yawgmoth's Wills have doubled.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2013

My personal deck building guideline is that when a card exists in UNL then I don't care about using REV as they both have white borders. When it comes to my opponent's I don't care what versions they use just enjoy the game.
    For those interested in the latest Ancient decks (and the format in general) visit: http://ancientmtgdecks.blogspot.ca/

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Anyone know a reason Strip Mine (Tower) is on it's second spike? (MtGStocks has it sitting at $387.47 right now...

Thread Information