Page 332 of 343 FirstFirst ... 232282322328329330331332333334335336342 ... LastLast
Results 6,621 to 6,640 of 6857

Thread: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

Gaea's Cradle TCG Mid is $450. TCG Market is $300. Jumped over the weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

Chaos Orb just went to the moon.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jandax View Post
    Chaos Orb just went to the moon.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Welp.

Guess I’m never owning one of those.

Mar 2012
    Karlsruhe

Is Lands "The Deck" now? As Tabernacle, Mox Diamond and SB Drop of honey spike @MKM. Italian Tabernacle went from ~700€ up to 1150€ in 5 days.
    Sneaky Pirates of Doom - Truss them up in a runnin' bowline

When would be the best time to sell all of these cards if you're sitting on a bunch of RL staples like Mox Diamonds, City of Traitors, and the like? I mean, I thought it might have been smart to cash out a few months ago but this stuff just keeps going up and up.

At some point there has to be a limit, right? Is this a bubble because it might be smart to just cash out right now, but then again I might be saying a year from now that I should have held on even longer just like right now I'm saying that I'm glad I held onto all of my stuff until today.
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    When would be the best time to sell all of these cards if you're sitting on a bunch of RL staples like Mox Diamonds, City of Traitors, and the like? I mean, I thought it might have been smart to cash out a few months ago but this stuff just keeps going up and up.

At some point there has to be a limit, right? Is this a bubble because it might be smart to just cash out right now, but then again I might be saying a year from now that I should have held on even longer just like right now I'm saying that I'm glad I held onto all of my stuff until today.
    Pretty sure we (almost) all thought the same thing 10 years ago.

The answer is: nobody knows. Does the limit exist? In theory, yes. In actual practice, we can't know where it is and I don't think anyone is capable of discerning a real answer, besides just guessing and maybe getting it right.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post

Best time is when you yourself are ready. I had a major issue trying to own everything, Legacy become about collecting. I hit a wall and the selling of about 28 duals was more symbolic than actual value driven. I needed to prove I could. When you want to, that's the time.
    Last edited by Dice_Box; 04-18-2018 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Wtf autocorect?
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

From my experience these ever-increasing prices are mostly because of speculators and artifical scarcity and not founded in actual demand. In the other words you might face problems of actually selling those cards in the future if you tried to, especially if the keep rising to this ridiculous scale.

You can always sell the cards for under value. That's why TCG came up with Market pricing as a metric. Cradle TCG Mid is $476, but the market (what cards are actually selling for) is still right at $300.

Selling on a site like the High End Facebook group is good for figuring out what people will actually pay/getting offers.

Edit: Lake of the Dead spiked to $50 for no good reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

I don't think the ceiling has been reached yet. You can see people selling the card for 100k€... it's gonna sell any second now.. better get it while it's cheap.

https://www.cardmarket.com/en/Magic/...nchor342477488

/s

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Miagi View Post
    You can see people selling the card for 100k€...
    /s
    *1000€

Quote Originally Posted by guillemnicolau View Post
    *1000€
    The ones for 100k already sold ;)

https://imgur.com/a/RrCw9#SuVgHow

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Just a heads up to hold onto your abysses. Someone just tried to scoop mine up on mkm. (asked for a scan) I think I'll hold off until these maniacs settle down.
    -rob

Nov 2007
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    Just a heads up to hold onto your abysses. Someone just tried to scoop mine up on mkm. (asked for a scan) I think I'll hold off until these maniacs settle down.
    Someone tried to buy a card from you? Beware!
    Some of my friends sell records,
    some of my friends sell drugs.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Hopo View Post
    Hide your kids, hide your wife, hide your Abyss y'all.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Quote Originally Posted by Hopo View Post
    just a heads up in case you have any up anywhere. anyway, i won't try to warn anymore. last time i post in this whiner thread.
    -rob

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    Hell yeah! Please make my shitty tezz cards expensive random mtg finance bros.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    Hell yeah! Please make my shitty tezz cards expensive random mtg finance bros.
    Time to get in ahead of the impending Guardian Beast spike.
    From nothing came teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    I really don't know why you're complaining about top being banned since you seem to be very good at Soothsaying.

Legendary Land
    At the beginning of each player's upkeep, for each creature that player controls, destroy it unless that player pays 1.

(This is a non-functional reprint since, contrary to Tabernacle, the owner of the trigger is the controller of the Land).

I wish. Tabernacle is about the only RL card seeing actual relevant Legacy play I don't have a copy of (I also don't own most of Legends cards except Moat, but Tabernacle is about the only one that matters).
    Last edited by ParkerLewis; 04-22-2018 at 03:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    140x Relentless Rats
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Bleiweiss
    I wish that Wizards would have just gone ahead and done away with the Reserved List entirely. It is nothing but a blight on the game and one that long outlived its purpose. [...] I am wholeheartedly in favor of getting rid of the Reserved List and reprinting higher-dollar staple cards from EDH and Legacy. Pete Hoefling the owner of StarCityGames.com agrees with my point of view as well.
    - Ben Bleiweiss, SCG General Manager, Feb 2010

Recall went mental

Thread Information