Page 340 of 343 FirstFirst ... 240290330336337338339340341342343 LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,800 of 6857

Thread: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

Proxy events are already happening, it's just that most people are not aware of it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    WotC goes out of their way to fuck Legacy events over anyway (see: MKM series).
    Don't want to derail the topic but can you share some words how wotc is meddling with MKM legacy series?

Pretty much all local events are already on 10-15 proxies. It's the larger ones that cannot really alow them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Miagi View Post
    Pretty much all local events are already on 10-15 proxies. It's the larger ones that cannot really alow them.
    In our league we allow full proxy. We don't do deck checks, and even if we did them, it would be a pain in the ass to identify which cards are proxies (some people bring HQ proxies) and count them. What if they mistakenly bring 16 proxies instead of 15? DQ? nah, it wouldn't make any sense to us. We just want to be as many as we can and have fun playing magic.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Miagi View Post
    Don't want to derail the topic but can you share some words how wotc is meddling with MKM legacy series?
    Julian knows more about it, but something about forcing them to include Standard to be an official tournament and not recognizing Legacy & Vintage (point multiplier or whatever, can't remember the details).

Shaman is gone. What's gonna happen to the price of USea?

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by whocansay View Post
    Shaman is gone. What's gonna happen to the price of USea?
    Nothing, because a) price memory and b) us not knowing where the meta wents from there.

I predict that Tundra & Tropical will skyrocket now with Hierarch into TNN being already a thing and gaining more steam with these bannings. Keep an eye on Mentor as well
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Nothing, because a) price memory and b) us not knowing where the meta wents from there.

I predict that Tundra & Tropical will skyrocket now with Hierarch into TNN being already a thing and gaining more steam with these bannings. Keep an eye on Mentor as well
    "Underground Sea price won't go down because nobody knows where the meta is going, additionally, the price of Tundra and Tropical will go up because the meta is moving towards Hierarch into TNN"

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by kombatkiwi View Post
    "Underground Sea price won't go down because nobody knows where the meta is going, additionally, the price of Tundra and Tropical will go up because the meta is moving towards Hierarch into TNN"

Price speculation is a thing. Every major upshake was followed by buyouts so far. I don't think that prices go anywhere but up until the dust settled
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Tropical? Tropical looks terrible now.

Volcanic. Everyone will be looking to swap out Trops to Volcs, because Red is just flatly better overall than Green right now, unless you have some widely specific need for Green, like Infect.

Death and Taxes gets much better now, so lots of -X/-X effects out of boards in all probability, Heirarch and TNN are collateral damage.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    —Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Nov 2007
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Tropical? Tropical looks terrible now.
    Good luck playing Rug delver without trops.
    Some of my friends sell records,
    some of my friends sell drugs.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Hopo View Post
    Good luck playing Rug delver without trops.
    Well, I own 9 Trops, so I won't need any luck.

However, RUG is still probably behind Grixis adding Stifle, because of Push. Angler is better than Goyf, via Push. Goose is a question mark in that matchup, off the top of my head, but I don't know that it de-facto makes RUG superior.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    —Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Wow, the prices on these duals right now. How long until no new players get into paper Legacy, the existing player base dwindles away and revised duals start crashing? I mean, revised cards, even though they are restricted, wonīt keep these prices just because of collectibility and EDH, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Havrekjex View Post
    Wow, the prices on these duals right now. How long until no new get into paper Legacy, the existing player base dwindles away and revised duals start crashing? I mean, revised cards, even though they are restricted, wonīt keep these prices just because of collectibility and EDH, right?
    Ever heard of Vintage? :D

You mean that Magic Online format?

Yeah, itīs exactly what I mean, but most of the expensive restricted cards for Vintage are either from a set with a low print run, or shared with Legacy, which is still widely played. There are a lot more revised U-Seas out there than there are Time Walks. So when it comes to card prices, the comparison could end there. I donīt know how long Iīll dare to sit on my duals. Several more years, of course, but they could actually point downward at some point.

Wow, the prices on these duals right now. How long until no new players get into paper Legacy, the existing player base dwindles away and revised duals start crashing? I mean, revised cards, even though they are restricted, wonīt keep these prices just because of collectibility and EDH, right?

I can only laugh at people thinking the popularity of legacy has any significant influence on the prices of duals... Legacy's poplularity and the price of duals have been exactly antiproportonal over the least ~4 years. Right know all duals spiked while legacy was at a super stale point.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

I mean, revised cards, even though they are restricted, wonīt keep these prices just because of collectibility and EDH, right?
    Why not? If a collector has Revised duals, that means those cards are unlikely to see ownership other than another collector. Similarly, EDH players will keep their duals but to play with them. There's a higher chance the EDH duals will someday get into the hands of competitive Legacy players.

Just to clarify:

If/when paper legacy becomes as rare as paper vintage is today, you expect duals to maintain their current prices or go higher?

I'm not making any claims to to the contrary, I don't know this shit. That's why I'm here asking all the stupid questions.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Assuming Legacy turns into Vintage, then I guess duals go to EDH. I don't know shit about the EDH "metagame" but I'd imagine it's less Blue: the Format, and if all colors are kind of equal, then prices would normalize to account for even demand. Taiga would still be pricey, but Underground Sea wouldn't have a reason to be 400% difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Just to clarify:

If/when paper legacy becomes as rare as paper vintage is today, you expect duals to maintain their current prices or go higher?

I'm not making any claims to to the contrary, I don't know this shit. That's why I'm here asking all the stupid questions.
    I think the best guess in that regards can be made looking at more fringe vintage cards which sure had no surge in demand, but still climbed like Library of Alexandria.

I guess price memory, hoarders trying to flip for profit and cards getting lost/destroyed will keep prices rising even if we talk cards like duals with much higher print run than most vintage staples. I can imagine that EDH and old school are more layer pushing the price of duals.

I have doubts that the prices of staples are still mainly driven by demand rather than speculation, especially in cases like Mox Diamond

Join us at Facebook!

Thread Information