Page 53 of 343 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 6857

Thread: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Re: Raise, raise, raise. The price of cardboard

Quote Originally Posted by obituary 95 View Post
    is it me or are volcanic islands really low right now ?
    Hadn't noticed that, but now that I take a look, it seems there are some good deals out there!

Year to date average daily eBay graph:
    http://i.imgur.com/f6HtG.png

Cobra Kai Sensie
    Oct 2004

Yeah Volcanics are the worst blue dual by far, really for every one deck that needs more than one Volcanic and I'll name 10 each for every other blue dual.
    big links in sigs are obnoxious -PR

Don't disrespect my dojo dude...

Sweep the leg!

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

$45 seems pretty good on a foil Intuition. That's one of those cards that is eventually going to get out of range for buying. It's a reserve list card that never came in a regular foil. It's also pretty damned good right now. I'd pick them up when you have the chance. I bought my playset a while back and I never regretted getting those. They are flat sexy if anything and will always be good with no chance of being hit by the ban stick despite being a tutor.

Grim Monolith is a matter of opinion really. It shouldn't change price much as far as going up anytime soon even if someone does find a decent use. It's pretty inflated right now even being as old as it is. Getting a foil one is flat rough though since it's Saga block and the first set of foils no less. I think I have only ever owned 3 foil Monoliths overall and I've been through a lot of cards. You just don't see them. I suggest hitting up the trading forums. That card on Ebay is asking for everyone to not use lube.

Quote Originally Posted by samurai_socks View Post
    Now is the time to sell to stores over eBay. Without looking too hard I found a store buying Time Spirals for $18.18 each. Plus you have no eBay fees there either.

I think that people are going to continue to speculate early because there is bascially no reason not to. If you buy a card like time spiral for five dollars then even if the price over inflates and crashes it will still be worth double what you paid for it.

-Cheers-
    Peeps.

Time Spiral was never at $20 unless you wanted a played one (most were heavy play). Pay attention to auction details!

I'd say they're still a solid $25-30 for NM ones. Now we wait to see what decks use them.

Also for the record, the vast majority of stores (pre-unbanning) had Time Spiral at low of $6 and high of $10 (eBay stores had them at $9)... it was never a "$5" card unless you found a lucky vendor wanting to dump them.

Team Bad Guys
    Sep 2007
    Michigan, specificly Lansing

I need to buy the following cards.

3 Tundra
    3 Tropical Island
    1 Savannah
    1 Windswept Heath
    2 force of will

Can I get some advice on time and place to buy these singles?

Cobra Kai Sensie
    Oct 2004

Quote Originally Posted by ActionJunkie View Post
    Peeps.

Time Spiral was never at $20 unless you wanted a played one (most were heavy play). Pay attention to auction details!

I'd say they're still a solid $25-30 for NM ones. Now we wait to see what decks use them.

Also for the record, the vast majority of stores (pre-unbanning) had Time Spiral at low of $6 and high of $10 (eBay stores had them at $9)... it was never a "$5" card unless you found a lucky vendor wanting to dump them.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_500wt_1156

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_758wt_1139

Never say never. Quick glance of Ebay ended auctions since the 27th shows 3 auctions where the average was closer to 25-30 then we have these linked ones where all the Time Spirals in the auction are listed at NM and they averaged 20 a Time Spiral give or take a buck. The last on is for a playset 3 are listed at SP and one at MP and it went for under 70. This was just a sampling too, there are at least 4 more auctions for NM Time Spirals from the 27th that went under $20 with shipping. So I'm going to have to say Time Spiral is most definitely not worth 25-30 NM. I mean maybe if you like paying full price instead of shopping around even a little, but even a days worth of patience will likely net you a 20 Time Spiral. Thus my prediction has come to pass, 4x Time Spiral is now under $100 before the New Year.

I think you can pretty much call this the new order. A card gets unbanned, every idiot will pay out the nose for it and everyone sitting on a playset will liquidate. The price will go up 400-700%, then once every idiot that couldn't wait to get whatever card has one the price will go down about 30-40% in a month's time. Seriously for Time Spiral to actually be worth $35 it would almost have to break the format in half. I mean Survival topped out around $45ish and it went in 3-4 decks that were all top tier as a playset. You'll still see Spiral's break 30 from time to time, but that is the exception not the rule at this point I think.

Sweep the leg!

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

I'm just surprised that Exploration hasn't followed all those cards up in price. It's not only a Saga rare, it's used in a lot more, especially now.

Mar 2010
    OH

Quote Originally Posted by mossivo1986 View Post

3 Tundra
    3 Tropical Island
    1 Savannah
    1 Windswept Heath
    2 force of will

When I want Legacy staples such as these, I always default to ebay. I've consistently gotten the best price there. The other option to consider is cardshark.com. I like their site too, because it establishes what I know should be the maximum amount I will pay for a given card. Using this information, I go to ebay, watch a few items, and try to bid in the last moments of the auction. If you see that auctions keep ending higher than the cardshark price, then I buy at cardshark.

doesn't afraid of anything
    Feb 2009
    in ur tournament, judgin ur gamez

Quote Originally Posted by sigfig8 View Post
    When I want Legacy staples such as these, I always default to ebay. I've consistently gotten the best price there. The other option to consider is cardshark.com. I like their site too, because it establishes what I know should be the maximum amount I will pay for a given card. Using this information, I go to ebay, watch a few items, and try to bid in the last moments of the auction. If you see that auctions keep ending higher than the cardshark price, then I buy at cardshark.
    For dual lands I almost always use MOTL.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    This isn't the game of holding hands and friendship. This is a competitive game, and if we all sit around singing kumbaya and sucking each other's dicks, then a lot of people are going to go to a tournament and lose because their pile of 61 jank isn't the special unique snowflake that everyone on the Source says it was.

There's a particular foil card I've been tracking on ebay. The same guy keeps listing it with a fairly low BIN, and it never sells. He's relisted it three times now. It's about 10% over what I want to pay, I should just email him with my offer. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    Matt, basically everything you said turned out to be true.
    TeamReflection || noitcelfeRmaeT

My MOTL sale list

Quote Originally Posted by dontbiteitholmes View Post
    Never say never. Quick glance of Ebay ended auctions since the 27th shows 3 auctions where the average was closer to 25-30 then we have these linked ones where all the Time Spirals in the auction are listed at NM and they averaged 20 a Time Spiral give or take a buck. The last on is for a playset 3 are listed at SP and one at MP and it went for under 70. This was just a sampling too, there are at least 4 more auctions for NM Time Spirals from the 27th that went under $20 with shipping. So I'm going to have to say Time Spiral is most definitely not worth 25-30 NM. I mean maybe if you like paying full price instead of shopping around even a little, but even a days worth of patience will likely net you a 20 Time Spiral. Thus my prediction has come to pass, 4x Time Spiral is now under $100 before the New Year.

I think you can pretty much call this the new order. A card gets unbanned, every idiot will pay out the nose for it and everyone sitting on a playset will liquidate. The price will go up 400-700%, then once every idiot that couldn't wait to get whatever card has one the price will go down about 30-40% in a month's time. Seriously for Time Spiral to actually be worth $35 it would almost have to break the format in half. I mean Survival topped out around $45ish and it went in 3-4 decks that were all top tier as a playset. You'll still see Spiral's break 30 from time to time, but that is the exception not the rule at this point I think.
    This is actually untrue. Survival of the Fittest topped out at more like US$60.00 a pop once they began completely dominating the format.

I don't think it is a matter of every "idiot" scooping up Time Spirals (I myself happen to be one, apparently) being an illogical idea, because the card's history in the game has been well documented and the card itself is very powerful once it hits the table. In fact, it's effectively game-ending on its own merit.

The problem people are not understanding is that Survival-based decks are no longer in existence in this format and Time Spiral has just become unbanned after a period of time lasting longer than the format has existed. There can be comparisons to cards like Grim Monolith once it became legal, but rest assured the verdict is still out on Time Spiral. I've heard countless reports of people who through preliminary play-testing have dismissed its effectiveness to mediocre or slightly above. I don't think it has anything to do with that, honestly; I believe it has more to do with the pilot and the variant.

The card will bottom out at or around US$20.00 because of its novelty and use in a specific archetype (that and it resides in Urza's-territory). However, I wouldn't go so far as to knock the folks who spent a few extra bucks scooping them up in hopes to give the card a chance and see what happens. This happens all the time when a card becomes unbanned, and should be a lesson for those banking their hopes on the future of the B-R List.

Cobra Kai Sensie
    Oct 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    This is actually untrue. Survival of the Fittest topped out at more like US$60.00 a pop once they began completely dominating the format.

I don't think it is a matter of every "idiot" scooping up Time Spirals (I myself happen to be one, apparently) being an illogical idea, because the card's history in the game has been well documented and the card itself is very powerful once it hits the table. In fact, it's effectively game-ending on its own merit.

The problem people are not understanding is that Survival-based decks are no longer in existence in this format and Time Spiral has just become unbanned after a period of time lasting longer than the format has existed. There can be comparisons to cards like Grim Monolith once it became legal, but rest assured the verdict is still out on Time Spiral. I've heard countless reports of people who through preliminary play-testing have dismissed its effectiveness to mediocre or slightly above. I don't think it has anything to do with that, honestly; I believe it has more to do with the pilot and the variant.

The card will bottom out at or around US$20.00 because of its novelty and use in a specific archetype (that and it resides in Urza's-territory). However, I wouldn't go so far as to knock the folks who spent a few extra bucks scooping them up in hopes to give the card a chance and see what happens. This happens all the time when a card becomes unbanned, and should be a lesson for those banking their hopes on the future of the B-R List.
    The only exception I will make is if you were planning on playing Time Spiral as soon as it became legal I could give you a pass for buying them now. Otherwise common sense could tell you it's better to wait if you just want them to have them. No way is the card worth $35 and Survivals were never worth $60 in my book since you could always easily find one for 45-50 even at the top their popularity. Dealer price isn't the actual price it's just what they think they can get away with.

The verdict is still out on where Time Spiral is playable or not, but as to whether or not it's a $35 dollar card there was never a chance. Even if it sees play $20-$25 tops. I mean we can all name the cards that are just as old or older that go in multiple good decks and don't break $30. Time Spiral is pretty narrow, even if it's really good it still only goes in 1 or 2 decks tops.

Sweep the leg!

Mar 2007
    RI

Quote Originally Posted by mossivo1986 View Post

3 Tundra
    3 Tropical Island
    1 Savannah
    1 Windswept Heath
    2 force of will

MOTL wouldn't be a bad option to shop around for them either. Sometimes you can snag a pretty good deal (especially if spending a lot) or someone will be looking for something you're interested in unloading anyway and you can cut out a portion of your expences. Prices are usually pretty close to Ebay, sometimes a little lower since the sellers can avoid fees on their end.

Meat Slicer at Deli

Mar 2004
    Ypsi, MI

Quote Originally Posted by from Cairo View Post
    MOTL wouldn't be a bad option to shop around for them either. Sometimes you can snag a pretty good deal (especially if spending a lot) or someone will be looking for something you're interested in unloading anyway and you can cut out a portion of your expences. Prices are usually pretty close to Ebay, sometimes a little lower since the sellers can avoid fees on their end.
    Or you can ask the guys you know down in Ypsi/AA if they have them and are willing to cut you a deal. I've had 2 forces rotting in my binder for a while and may have a savannah and tundra if I look.
    Whenever I see a kid in a wheelchair it makes me a little sad. Because I always think, "Gee, they could have used those same wheels to make a bike for a regular kid. What a waste."

Yeah Volcanics are the worst blue dual by far, really for every one deck that needs more than one Volcanic and I'll name 10 each for every other blue dual.
    I assume you mean in the context of Legacy only? As they are pretty big in Vintage, where Tundra is pretty shit there.

Overseas mascotte of IcBE
    Jul 2005
    Tilburg, the Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
    I assume you mean in the context of Legacy only? As they are pretty big in Vintage, where Tundra is pretty shit there.
    True thing, but compared to Legacy, Vintage doesn't bear much weight in the overal volumes of cards used.
    4th: 293/363
    5th: 82/434
    Vi: 159/167
    Wl: 100/167
    Te: 318/335
    St: 132/143
    Ex: 136/143
    US: 235/335
    3/8 Sealed boosters
    1/8 Sealed boosterboxes

Only 632 cards left for a full Korean set, over 69% done (last update 05/27)
    Always looking for sealed product!

Cobra Kai Sensie
    Oct 2004

Even in Vintage Red is only a splash color for artifact removal 99% of the time so they still usually only run 1 Volcanic.

Sweep the leg!

Not really, 2-3 volcs is common.

Even in Vintage Red is only a splash color for artifact removal 99% of the time so they still usually only run 1 Volcanic.
    Yeah.... I like playing (and needing) one red source against decks that pack 4 wastes and a strip mine...
    Level 2 Judge
    Owner, Tales of Adventure Comics and Games, Coopersburg, PA

Anyone else noticed the slow but steady increase on Thoughtseize? Looks like they hit 20$, judging from eBay finished auctions...

Thread Information