Page 225 of 343 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235275325 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,500 of 6857

Thread: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

Fake? I'd say yes. Fetches plus shock in standard, even for 3 months would be horrid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

There's no way I believe that. I can see it coming out this fall when shocks rotate out, but I can't see them being together as Meg said.
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle".
    - Albert Einstein

I'm sure it's just a mock up or whatever, but the text is also hella off center.

Apr 2014
    phillipines

there are speculations about the fetches gettin reprinted why not..

prices are gettin jacked up everyday

people will love to see that

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Not saying I dont want to see it happen... I just dont think it will happen.
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Forget the shocklands and fetchlands together, at least that benefits all color combinations equally. The real problem is Deathrite Shaman being simultaneously legal with the fetchlands in Standard. Ugh.

But honestly, even without those, the fact they removed the painlands from core sets because new players didn't like paying life for mana fixing makes it really hard for me to believe that they'd go back to having damaging dual lands in the core set.

But ugh, I'm reminded of how much I dislike the placement of the foil stamp. They couldn't have dropped it down a little, so it doesn't intrude on the text box?

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Fake? I'd say yes. Fetches plus shock in standard, even for 3 months would be horrid.
    I found the source, confirmed fake https://plus.google.com/104399521486...ts/5PaqHK2XFpG

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Keller View Post
    Coincidence that the SS...er, Star City Games decided to do a Deck Tech on Dredge - an archetype that has existed for years?

Simple: They know it's reasonably cheap to build. So, let's get that inventory sold out so they can jack up the prices. I mean, as if $15.00 Ichorids aren't enough! Make it happen, SCG! Push it to $30.00!

What a bunch of crooks.
    Hollywood, c'mon, man. You're too seasoned to fall into conspiracy theories.

One area of focus for SCG this go-round is weaving a story around the Players Championship. This is why the commentators frequently mention the leaderboard and grant more camera time to big-name players. Another element has been Nick Miller's profile series, which started with Kent Ketter and then covered Eric Rill. SCG is basically following the advice espoused by John Butler in his exhaustive article series "How to Improve Magic Coverage," which SCG published last year. The deck tech of Dredge has more to do with who's piloting the deck rather than the fact it's Dredge. Dave Thomas has had great finishes with the deck before and was 4-0 at the time of the deck tech. That is why he was picked. In fact, I would guess that YOU would have a good chance of getting a deck tech at an SCG Open for the same reasons.

Since WotC has decided to print full land cycles only (meaning all 10 of them during a block) I really do not see them putting 10 Fetchlands into one set with so few different cards (The Base Editions with 10 painlands were quite a bit bigger I believe). More importantly it would really spoil their chance to boost display sales if fetches were included in M-X-teen in comparision to a 4-3-3 split in a regular big-small-small block. First of all we will see Judge reward Fetchlands anyway ;-). They will eek out some more "benefit" from fetchlands before they will be reprinted in a big way. The key is to add a couple of copies without really hurting the price from WotCs point of view.

Oct 2011
    Denmark

im not even sure the fetchland mechanic would fit the core set idea.

I agree that they are expensive. It sucks. But I'm glad to see that someone is currently collecting still and not selling out.
    "Never sell your cards." - Paul Legend

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

"Unless you have 10 extra volcanic islands and need more beta duals"
    -Sean

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

"Unless you have 10 extra volcanic islands and need more beta duals"
    -Sean
    True dat.

-Matt

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

So, who decided at the beginning of April that 120$ for a Karakas is too low and upped it to 160$ instead?

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

I love this thread!

No good news, no hope
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    I love this thread!

No good news, no hope

It seems like selling the Sol manabase, Karakas and non-RUG duals wasn't the best move ever. It surprises me how the prices still can't reach the ceiling. Two years ago when I was selling the Tombs and Cities, I thought that there's no space for their prices to grow. Ok, I was wrong and Wasteland's price, which is the very same uncommon land from the very same set as Tomb should have been a warning sign that something might happen. Otoh, there are not so many decks playing Sol manabase, while Wastelands are in what, at least 1/4 of Legacy decks?
    Are there any other lands with such a potential? I'm a bit surprised that Ghost Quarter is a sixpence card. I'd expect that it would have some impact in Modern, but then again maybe there are millions of it printed, and I also don't understand anything about the format.

Tectonic Edge for three Euros? Is it enough?
    Swarmyard? Swarmyard costs 90 crowns? O_O Casual material, I'd guess...
    All the Shizo, Minamo, Animo lands from Kami block also sit on some 90-110 CZK, about three to four euro. Hm...
    Alliances sac lands are quite expensive, too. And Glaciers reached 199 crowns. EDH? Casuals again?
    Tron lands sell for 2,5 euro. Nice one, we bought them for 5 crowns back in 1996.
    Hm... Hm...

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    while Wastelands are in what, at least 1/4 of Legacy decks?
    More like 50+%, it's the most played card after Brainstorm and FoW.

Legacy Vagabond
    Dec 2007
    Cheshire, CT

Seeing as how FTV Jace has been $100 for months now, I decided to pick that card while shopping with my prize credit Sunday. Despite it being banned in Modern, I think it's hella underpriced. Get them now at these prices while you can, guys, that's my opinion.

Win or lose, it begins with...
    Mar 2007
    Milwaukee, WI

LED is a card I've always viewed as underpriced. It's the backbone of many combo decks, it's unique in form and function, and it's on the Reserved List.
    Discussing the impact of True-Name Nemesis on Legacy:

Quote Originally Posted by 2Rach View Post
    And format warping itself isn't necessarily a bad thing for that matter.

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawon View Post
    Seeing as how FTV Jace has been $100 for months now, I decided to pick that card while shopping with my prize credit Sunday. Despite it being banned in Modern, I think it's hella underpriced. Get them now at these prices while you can, guys, that's my opinion.
    Plus they're the perfect shape for picking up salsa/guacamole!
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

Thread Information