Page 242 of 343 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252292342 ... LastLast
Results 4,821 to 4,840 of 6857

Thread: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    you would be incorrect, there seems to be a somewhat positive trend. look for yourself.

GP Strasbourg (13/04/2013) - Number of Players : 1365

GP Washington D.C. (16/11/2013) - Number of Players : 1698

GP Paris (15/02/2014) - Number of Players : 1587

GP New Jersey (15/11/2014) - Number of Players : 4003

Why was GP NJ attended 2-3 times more than others?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
    Because SCG marketed the hell out of it. 1400-1700-1600 seems pretty stagnant to me. Nevertheless, prices on top Legacy cards have fallen 15-50% since the beginning of the year, after a few years of growth. That also does not indicate a growing format.
    In all fairness, it's best to compare Strasbourg with Paris, and see a ~200 player increase over 10 months in basically the same geographical locale.
    Likewise, Washington DC to NJ is fairly similar, and SCG can be attributed to the huge boost.

Either way, increase is recorded year-over-year and that's what matters.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Jul 2014
    Indiana

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    Don't think Dig Through Time will be particularly great in Spiral Tide because of its anti-synergy with Time Spiral; the deck wants cards to stay in the graveyard so Time Spiral can return them to the library. Admittedly, it would have no problem exiling some lands to give it a higher shot of drawing fuel after a Time Spiral, but that by itself isn't enough to really fuel Dig Through Time.

Reset Tide (a.k.a. Solidarity) might be interested in it, though. Outside of Snapcaster Mage, it doesn't really do much with its graveyard, so Dig Through Time could be a way to get something out of its ability to put a lot of cards in its graveyard when going off.
    Spoiler: Solidarity loves Dig.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
    Because SCG marketed the hell out of it. 1400-1700-1600 seems pretty stagnant to me. Nevertheless, prices on top Legacy cards have fallen 15-50% since the beginning of the year, after a few years of growth. That also does not indicate a growing format.
    maybe you play with a different set of legacy cards than the rest of us. The price rises are out of control this year. dual lands are through the roof. in jan blue duals ~100-150, in may 200-300. any subsequent drop is a stabalization not a decline.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Tap 2, Standstill. Good?
    Jul 2010
    Somewhere in Europe.

Yeah I was referring to the tide deck with no time spirals. I believe there's already a dedicated thread somewhere in the new decks subforum. DDT seem a house in tide decks since in a deck full of 4 ofs with so many cantrips is basically a double tutor during midgame or while going off. Card will see a price spike and Im getting my foil set now. :)
    Are you into Jazz? Have a look at the Lp's I have for sale on Discogs!

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

this is probably old news for most of you guys but i found this comment by MARO during an interview here. that link translates it to english, but was originally written in spanish.

The reserved list, do you stay with us forever?
    Yes, my view on this is that we should destroy it and so would have much more freedom but it is not possible, there are too many legal problems.

I believe the legal isssue is referred to as

Efficient Breach: In legal theory, particularly in law and economics, efficient breach is a voluntary breach of contract and payment of damages by a party who concludes that they would incur greater economic loss by performing under the contract.

where the reserve list is the contract they would be breaching and the lost value of cards due to reprints is the damages they would have to pay. Theoretically if they ever did breach the contract it would be better to do it sooner than later so idk what they could be waiting for? Maybe they've run the numbers and don't think reprints would bring that much more profit to the game to make up for the losses.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Can someone explain this? foil Dack Fayden is selling at 10-15x ($200-$350) more than his non foil counterpart ($20). WTF is going on here?
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Vintage, boss.

-Matt

ಠ_ಠ
    Jul 2009
    NJ

Fatestitcher went up by an insane amount because of Jeskai Ascendancy. I seem to remember having a bunch of them but I only found two going through my commons box. I probably missed a few but I don't feel like spending two hours to make maybe 12 bucks. Trade addict problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    ... It feels like a bummer to spend so much time not talking about the game and more time arguing over whether Dega or Mardu is the better name for a three color deck you'll never see in Legacy.

I still have a foil set of Fatestitchers which I got for Vintage Dredge (Fatestitcher > Bazaar of Baghad), about 5 years ago I paid $1.25/set shipped.

Since I don't see myself playing Jeskai now and I got rid of my bazaars maybe it's time to make a profit LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinSettler View Post
    Jesus H Cardsheet died for your NFC sins.

ಠ_ಠ
    Jul 2009
    NJ

Quote Originally Posted by death View Post
    I still have a foil set of Fatestitchers which I got for Vintage Dredge (Fatestitcher > Bazaar of Baghad), about 5 years ago I paid $1.25/set shipped.

Since I don't see myself playing Jeskai now and I got rid of my bazaars maybe it's time to make a profit LOL.
    Give it about a week for store prices to settle in place, imo.
    ... It feels like a bummer to spend so much time not talking about the game and more time arguing over whether Dega or Mardu is the better name for a three color deck you'll never see in Legacy.

Site Contributor
    Jul 2010
    Gig Harbor, WA

Nov 2006
    London

I still can't get over the over-powered tactical advantage that the foil 7th edition Storm Crow provides. My fellows and I have a bi-weekly watching of the film "Ghost Dad" coupled with a few casual games of magic. About a year back, the host and I got into a scuff about my running 4 of them in every one of my decks and we had something of a falling-out for a few months. To avoid future issues we later met over coffee at a local IHOP and agreed on a very balanced house rule that the foil 7th edition crow would be considered "Restricted" from then on, as would a standard non-7th-non-foil Storm Crow. After a bit of arm-twisting, we agreed that each card would count as a different card entirely, so that I am allowed to run one seventh-edition foil Storm Crow and one standard (yet, still very overpowered) non-foil Storm Crow. We are now able to enjoy our favorite William Cosby classic film every other week without too much conflict. And he's just happy that the $500 list-price keeps most of our chums from purchasing foil 7th edition Storm Crows of their own and making for truly imbalanced games of two-headed giant.

ಠ_ಠ
    Jul 2009
    NJ

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

7th ed Foils where all printed on the same sheet exactly once. That means a common and a rare where printed the same amount in foil and thus no card is any easier or harder to find. This means the price of the Foils in the set tend to command a price higher than one would expect because all of the cards are in effect "Rare" in printing.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Oo, but it's still a mere Storm Crow.

Mar 2013

You have to have been around long enough to know the joke on Storm Crow yes?
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

You have to have been around long enough to know the joke on Storm Crow yes?
    I don't even think it counts as a joke. Not like Chimney Pimp and Yoked Plowbeast.

ಠ_ಠ
    Jul 2009
    NJ

Quote Originally Posted by iamajellydonut View Post
    I don't even think it counts as a joke. Not like Chimney Pimp and Yoked Plowbeast.
    Don't talk shit about ChImp. I've won EDH games with it in Varolz.

Worlds Strongest Millionaire
    Aug 2011
    Colorado

Survival of the Fittest went from $30 to $60 over the last couple days. Pure speculation or could there be something more to it?
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.
    ~ Mohandas Gandhi

Mar 2013

It's speculation but not without cause. It feels like it's time for a change and on MTGO Vengivine and Survival have recently been printed as promos. Nothing more concrete than that is known though.

Thread Information