Page 236 of 343 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246286336 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,720 of 6857

Thread: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheAardvark View Post
    I believe that Modern is why they won't reprint them in any kind of normal set. WotC has mentioned in the past the problem with mana being too good in formats that aren't truly Eternal, and I don't think they'll reprint the ONS fetches in a Modern-legal set because of their hesitance to make Modern's mana even better.
    Except they (well, Tom LaPille anyway) noted that it was odd that Modern was starting out without the allied fetchlands and indicated that this would be changed at some point in the future. As you can see from here:

"As with any format, there are some cards whose conspicuous absence will be felt. In particular, the Onslaught fetch lands feel like a strange omission, when the Zendikar fetch lands combined with the Ravnica dual lands will likely be important to the format's mana bases. I admit that it is strange. However, right before Zendikar released, the format contained only Onslaught fetch lands. I played many Extended tournaments with a green-blue deck that would have loved the option to find a Forest with Misty Rainforest, but I made do with Polluted Deltas, Flooded Strands, and a few Breeding Pools. For now, the lack of allied-color fetch lands would be one of the format's idiosyncrasies. There would be others that we would discover over time, and that's okay too."

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Maro has said on his blog that Wizards will not print half land sets in blocks anymore. He also quite blatantly said, when fetches are reprinted, they will be as a set of ten.
    Where did he say that? I know he's mentioned how they want to give people access to 10 dual lands whenever possible, but not anything about them not printing half land sets in a block. And unless there's some extremely recent post I missed, I can't think of any "blatant" claim that fetchlands will be in a set of 10.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

I will try and find the post when I have access to my pc, but I night not be able to. He posts a lot and that will leave me with no small amount of fluff to look though.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

A Whore's Limit Break Uses Anal
    Jun 2006
    Carbondale, IL

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    Except they (well, Tom LaPille anyway) noted that it was odd that Modern was starting out without the allied fetchlands and indicated that this would be changed at some point in the future. As you can see from here:

"As with any format, there are some cards whose conspicuous absence will be felt. In particular, the Onslaught fetch lands feel like a strange omission, when the Zendikar fetch lands combined with the Ravnica dual lands will likely be important to the format's mana bases. I admit that it is strange. However, right before Zendikar released, the format contained only Onslaught fetch lands. I played many Extended tournaments with a green-blue deck that would have loved the option to find a Forest with Misty Rainforest, but I made do with Polluted Deltas, Flooded Strands, and a few Breeding Pools. For now, the lack of allied-color fetch lands would be one of the format's idiosyncrasies. There would be others that we would discover over time, and that's okay too."
    So, contradicting statements from them, it seems. I will say that I think it's a mistake to have the ONS fetches Modern legal, but also believe that they need a large scale reprint. But whatevs.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    People arguing about which foil reprint is better is like a Mormon and a Scientologist having a history argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    Don't you know that specifics are deadly poison to H. Machinus? They lack the enzymes to digest them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    What in the janky gay ninja hell is that 25th place deck?

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by Meekrab View Post
    Mardu Crapland
    Land - Mountain Swamp Plains
    Spend mana from ~this only to cast an Orc, Skeleton, or Cleric.

:puke:
    Thrown Stone
    Tribal Instant - Orc
    ~ does 3 dmg to target

Nyctophobia
    Tribal Sorcery - Skeleton
    Target player discards two
    cards at random.

Chapel of Peace

Tribal Enchantment - Cleric
    Non-flying creatures can't
    attack.

I got some needless ONS fetchlands and right now I'm quite uncertain what to do with them. Should I sold them asap, or should I keep them? I think that the best idea is to keep them, because the reprints weren't even announced, let alone happened. It may take another years of waiting before WotC finally repirnts them. In fact I don't exactly understand how they wish to keep Modern available without another print run of shocklands and without several other prints of fetches.
    Unless, of course, they want Modern to become a go-to Eternal format with all the aspets of today's and yesterday's Eternal formats: expensive staples, need for devotion, etc.

Jan 2005
    I actually live in actual Chicago

All three of those cards make really stupid mono-color archetypes viable and don't actually help a typical RBW deck that much.

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by Meekrab View Post
    All three of those cards make really stupid mono-color archetypes viable and don't actually help a typical RBW deck that much.
    What's bad about monocolred decks? Also... they were more of a joke cards than real suggestions/wishes.

doesn't afraid of anything
    Feb 2009
    in ur tournament, judgin ur gamez

When the fuck did Chains of Mephistopheles become a $400 card?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    This isn't the game of holding hands and friendship. This is a competitive game, and if we all sit around singing kumbaya and sucking each other's dicks, then a lot of people are going to go to a tournament and lose because their pile of 61 jank isn't the special unique snowflake that everyone on the Source says it was.

Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    When the fuck did Chains of Mephistopheles become a $400 card?
    I think it started to REALLY spike around the time Sneak and Show was being played everywhere.

Also, Legacy (and Modern) staples have spiked in the past 8-12 months. While I am not saying Chains is a staple, Brainstorm is. Chains hates on Brainstorm. Maybe that is why it really spiked.

Dec 2011
    Norway

Quote Originally Posted by cab0747 View Post
    I think it started to REALLY spike around the time Sneak and Show was being played everywhere.

Also, Legacy (and Modern) staples have spiked in the past 8-12 months. While I am not saying Chains is a staple, Brainstorm is. Chains hates on Brainstorm. Maybe that is why it really spiked.
    Yeah, SCG increased their price to 400$. You can still get it cheaper even at other major retailers, Card Kingdom is still selling for 300$. Anyway, the card is a great sideboard card. I use 2 in my Jund SB, and mainly bring it in to hate on powerful card draw engines: Griselbrand, Glimpse of Nature, Elvish Visionary, Time Spiral, Argothian Enchantress, etc. Hurting Brainstorm and the cantrips is just a bonus.

Aug 2012
    Frankfurt

Maro has said on his blog that Wizards will not print half land sets in blocks anymore. He also quite blatantly said, when fetches are reprinted, they will be as a set of ten.
    Not sure where I gathered the info but stated was next FTW is called FTW Fetched. So there you go, limited print, not modern legal, a set if ten, wont shake up a thing.
    I'm also in hope it's not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicar in a tutu View Post
    Yeah, SCG increased their price to 400$. You can still get it cheaper even at other major retailers, Card Kingdom is still selling for 300$. Anyway, the card is a great sideboard card. I use 2 in my Jund SB, and mainly bring it in to hate on powerful card draw engines: Griselbrand, Glimpse of Nature, Elvish Visionary, Time Spiral, Argothian Enchantress, etc. Hurting Brainstorm and the cantrips is just a bonus.
    Good call on Girselbrand, Glimpse, etc. I don't have the card (let alone 2 copies) so I just know the basic uses

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

Beta duals are out of control at Starcity. They are asking 4k for USea with none in stock , so somebody is paying that price. That's actually considerably more than a Mox Sapphire. The dual land situation is completely out of hand.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    Beta duals are out of control at Starcity. They are asking 4k for USea with none in stock , so somebody is paying that price. That's actually considerably more than a Mox Sapphire. The dual land situation is completely out of hand.
    no one is paying that price it just means they haven't had any sold to them since they sold out at $2000...
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

They've always asked WAY high prices for their duals, and it has been this way for a while. Privately, NM Seas are trading hands at 3ish K already, so I'm not surprised SCG just jacks up their price anyway. I've had more people ask me for Beta duals in the last year than in the previous three, so I think people with money are trying to finish pimping, or, there's a few people out there buying up NM's and having them graded.

Either way, I'm glad I finished my set.

-Matt

Win or lose, it begins with...
    Mar 2007
    Milwaukee, WI

Quote Originally Posted by mini1337s View Post
    I've heard ok things about Pucatrade, but never tried it out.
    I just started using Pucatrade this week and I really like it so far. I've been able to unload a fair amount of chaff and I'm going to turn it into either (a.) Guru lands or (b.) finishing Shardless BUG. It's definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but it allows for straight trading while losing little-no value on your cards.
    Discussing the impact of True-Name Nemesis on Legacy:

Quote Originally Posted by 2Rach View Post
    And format warping itself isn't necessarily a bad thing for that matter.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2008
    Houston, TX

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I just started using Pucatrade this week and I really like it so far. I've been able to unload a fair amount of chaff and I'm going to turn it into either (a.) Guru lands or (b.) finishing Shardless BUG. It's definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but it allows for straight trading while losing little-no value on your cards.
    How is Pucatrade compared to Deckbox? I've been looking for a new trading site to use since MOTL is just such a pain in my ass to use.

Win or lose, it begins with...
    Mar 2007
    Milwaukee, WI

Quote Originally Posted by Esper3k View Post
    How is Pucatrade compared to Deckbox? I've been looking for a new trading site to use since MOTL is just such a pain in my ass to use.
    I've never used Deckbox (other than to organize my massive collection), so I can't tell you how they compare. I can tell you that Pucatrade has allowed me to turn my chaff (FNM promos, average Standard rares ripped from boosters) into $57 worth of pucapoints that I can now use to acquire my playset of Shardless Agent.... or I can save my points and try to acquire something like a GURU land.

EDIT: So I signed up this past Monday and I also upgraded to Silver (Uncommon) level membership too. With the account bonuses and all the product I've sent, I'll be at 18639 points, which is $186.39. Once all the points are credited to my account, I'll look into acquiring a GURU Plains or just finish out Shardless BUG. Pucatrade is definitely a sender's market.
    Discussing the impact of True-Name Nemesis on Legacy:

Quote Originally Posted by 2Rach View Post
    And format warping itself isn't necessarily a bad thing for that matter.

SCGs website price varies greatly from their full stock of stuff (what they brought to Gencon for example). I think if you are looking for pristine condition alpha/beta duals it's a sellers market at this point. They aren't required for legacy or vintage and the people picking up the ones in nice shape are clearly collectors so there's always going to be a premium. SCG heavily discounts it's played stuff in person because they (I assume) don't want to sell it online and risk returns based on grading discrepancies. I got an Alpha Trop for $800.

Sep 2007
    Germany

Why are people buying Maralen of the Mornsong at the moment?

Apr 2014
    phillipines

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph2k View Post
    Why are people buying Maralen of the Mornsong at the moment?
    what's the hype?
    Live and Let Live

Thread Information