Page 249 of 343 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253259299 ... LastLast
Results 4,961 to 4,980 of 6857

Thread: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    I don't get the bitching about the new Wasteland art. It isn't the best thing ever, but it's solid. The frame, though...

Does a class action suit even have a realistic chance to succeed? I know it's America where you can sue for all kinds of stupid shit and win, but still...

That said, I don't give a shit about the RL anymore. Asian fake card quality seems to be increasing quite a bit lately. It's only a matter of time now until they're perfect and then the prices will crash since a) demand can be fulfilled with cheap fakes and b) people are afraid to move their real cards/buy cards. And Wizards brought it upon themselves with their retarded police that does nothing but harm, just so that a few assholes can play stock market with cardboard.
    The issue is that there is probably enough of an uncertainty as to what the damages would be to make it not worth their time. Im sure they have lawyers that they have consulted about this because they are a subsidiary of HASBRO. They are extremely unlikely to sell their company to a third party because it makes up a significant portion of HASBRO's income.

In my personal opinion it's very possible that a class action could be successful because people could have acted on reliance that they would uphold their promise. Things gt tricky tho when you have to asses damages that wizards will have to pay. To know the total loss you could figure the total print run, but cards have been destroyed. Assume that the total possible damages could be the value lost of every card reprinted. How would you measure that?
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Jul 2008
    NJ USA

something I dug up

https://twitter.com/vaultboy_zk/stat...796416/photo/1

If this is true, then the MTGO metagame will almost fully reflect the paper metagame once Rishadan Port is released as a promo

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by mishima_kazuya View Post
    something I dug up

https://twitter.com/vaultboy_zk/stat...796416/photo/1

If this is true, then the MTGO metagame will almost fully reflect the paper metagame once Rishadan Port is released as a promo
    Wasteland is still a hindrance, since the Tempest Remastered isn't going to affect the supply much imho.

That's a pretty nice alternate art for Port (which is long overdue as a promo). It certainly is going to get nuked in value once it becomes a MOCS promo due to actually rather little demand.

bruizar

is that port promo a print-version promo? need to know since i carry 4 foil masques ports

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    is that port promo a print-version promo? need to know since i carry 4 foil masques ports
    It depends if those spoilers are actually true. Judge promos are highy likely to become MOCS promos at some point, but it isn't the necessary the other way around.

E.g. the alternate art promo Thalia was added about a year ago to the database, yet it only sees print in Paper about 15 months later, with no MOCS promo release in sight.

Apr 2014
    phillipines

port as a judge reward?so the chances of the MM2 reprint just slimmed down,
    Live and Let Live

Ooh... Shiny!

Aug 2005
    Raincouver

Quote Originally Posted by big_ticket View Post
    port as a judge reward?so the chances of the MM2 reprint just slimmed down,
    from zero to zero?

I daresay the art on the new port is much nicer than the old one.

So If I'm sitting on a stockpile of say ~50ish Tarmogoyfs at the moment, would now be the best time to finally unload them all?

Will Modern Masters 2 permanently dent Goyf's pricetag going forward?

Ooh... Shiny!

Aug 2005
    Raincouver

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    So If I'm sitting on a stockpile of say ~50ish Tarmogoyfs at the moment, would now be the best time to finally unload them all?

Will Modern Masters 2 permanently dent Goyf's pricetag going forward?
    Best time? Early December/2014, I think.

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Fifty fucking Tarmogoyfs? Mr.C is right. You should have been unloading them all throughout the past twelve months. Whether Tarmogoyf's price dips or shrinks or you have to lose a hundred or so dollars worth of profit, you're sitting on $7500 and letting it go stale. That's more of a loss than whatever Tarmogoyf's future price may bring.

Tarmogoyf has no future. A smart speculator would be sitting on 500 Deathrite Shamans right now.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by death View Post
    Tarmogoyf has no future. A smart speculator would be sitting on 500 Deathrite Shamans right now.
    No, the smart speculator bought DRS' for ~10€ in FOIL at release while the Hive mind tought Noble Hierarch is better because of Exalted and because Fetchlands/Wastelands are "so unreliable" to make DRS produce mana LAWL

Keeping a binder full of Tarmogoyfs was a mistake the moment Batterskull was spoilered and went to total nonsense as DRS and TNN saw the light of day. Tarmogoyfs price keeps declining since that and the only reason the market did not Crash is that all the hoarders still hope they can make much more money than they payed during the time Tarmogoyf was the defying factor in the metagame. There sure is no hope for Tarmogoyf to return to those price spheres. It became a niche-creature for decks not running white or blue but needing a clock.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Keeping a binder full of Tarmogoyfs was a mistake the moment Batterskull was spoilered and went to total nonsense as DRS and TNN saw the light of day. Tarmogoyfs price keeps declining...

Tarmogoyf's price rises. Slowly, yeah, but it still rises. At least in the spacetime of our lgs.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

I got a bunch of beta rares like gauntlet of might and forcefield and illusionary mask, birds of paradise and such. should i sell these to buy cards like beta duals that appreciate faster? is it all relative?
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Storm Trooper
    Jun 2012
    Bremen, Germany

What happened to the price of Aggravated Assault? Found some in my binder and looked up the price. They went from crap to some bucks, which is nice.

No, the smart speculator bought DRS' for ~10€ in FOIL at release while the Hive mind tought Noble Hierarch is better because of Exalted and because Fetchlands/Wastelands are "so unreliable" to make DRS produce mana LAWL

Keeping a binder full of Tarmogoyfs was a mistake the moment Batterskull was spoilered and went to total nonsense as DRS and TNN saw the light of day. Tarmogoyfs price keeps declining since that and the only reason the market did not Crash is that all the hoarders still hope they can make much more money than they payed during the time Tarmogoyf was the defying factor in the metagame. There sure is no hope for Tarmogoyf to return to those price spheres. It became a niche-creature for decks not running white or blue but needing a clock.
    Of course, Goyf isn't that important in Legacy as he used to be, but the real reason for his price tag is Modern (otherwise he would be at like 70€ or lower). Hence, Modern says no to that. Tarmogoyf is required to play the BGx Archetype in Modern, which is roughly 20% of the metagame. Since BGx is the "Control" deck in Modern it will always see play which results a demand for Goyfs. Also, the Modern playerbase is growing and MM15 will also result in a ton of new players (not as bad as MM1).

But what does this mean for Goyf's price?

Since MM15 has a bigger printrun than MM1, we don't know exactly how many Goyfs will be printed. But you can assume the same thing will happen as with MM1, a price drop pre release and some month afterwards, than a steady growth, till he get reprinted again or get banned in Modern (which would result in a drastic drop of the price, but a ban is highly unlikely).

The best point at selling is in around 1 1/2 years, when the price has recovered or even increased (if you can wait). The best time to sell him through was last summer (there was the peak of the price).

Greetings,
    Kathal

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Quote Originally Posted by JanoschEausH View Post
    What happened to the price of Aggravated Assault? Found some in my binder and looked up the price. They went from crap to some bucks, which is nice.
    Typical EDH card. Every previous bulk rare with some weird effect that's good in a casual format with tons of mana is worth something.

*Also lol'ing at the bash towards goyf. Before Drs, goyf was a 120$ card. It's 170$ now. It will be expensive, until they print a goyf for G (no, not hooting mandrils or tasigur).

Drs haven't gone up in price, since the ban in modern.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Quasim0ff View Post
    Typical EDH card. Every previous bulk rare with some weird effect that's good in a casual format with tons of mana is worth something.

*Also lol'ing at the bash towards goyf. Before Drs, goyf was a 120$ card. It's 170$ now. It will be expensive, until they print a goyf for G (no, not hooting mandrils or tasigur).

Drs haven't gone up in price, since the ban in modern.
    I hope you can relate the Goyfs price to economic reasons (sell higher than you bought) and speculation rather than the, in fact decreased, demand. Goyfs price spiral is a hilarious self-fulfilling promise
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Well when people have 50 of the fucking things and sit around masturbating over them as apose to playing them...
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

I hope you can relate the Goyfs price to economic reasons (sell higher than you bought) and speculation rather than the, in fact decreased, demand. Goyfs price spiral is a hilarious self-fulfilling promise
    What does this even fucking mean?

Anyway, the fact of the matter is that either using or reinvesting $7500 is absolutely preferable to sitting and speculating as to what minor changes may come.

Thread Information