Page 247 of 343 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257297 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,940 of 6857

Thread: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

Dec 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Some nice new Judge foils coming though: Damnation, Ravages of War and Wasteland.
    What I wouldn't give to have that Wasteland art without all of the new border changes...
    UBr Tezzeret
    Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    I mean, if you're going to play as 61st card, the card should cost over $100 I think.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Some nice new Judge foils coming though: Damnation, Ravages of War and Wasteland.
    Another Judge Wasteland? No other Legacy/Vintage staple? Fuck that and give us Imperial Seal, Grim Tutor, Yawgmoths Bargain or the like.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Jul 2011
    California

Quote Originally Posted by Undomian View Post
    What I wouldn't give to have that Wasteland art without all of the new border changes...
    You're so right. My initial reaction to the card was 'bleh', but with the old school border it'd be a damn good looking card I think.
    Legacy: Miracles

Bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Another Judge Wasteland? No other Legacy/Vintage staple? Fuck that and give us Imperial Seal, Grim Tutor, Yawgmoths Bargain or the like.
    Why do you want Bargain reprinted? There's already a foil version, and it's a cheap card. And it's in the Reserved List.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt View Post
    Why do you want Bargain reprinted? There's already a foil version, and it's a cheap card. And it's in the Reserved List.
    I'm one of the new-boarder-only-for-conform-look freaks.

Seriously, why should Damnation or Dualcaster Mage get a fucking Judge Promo? Damnation has a new-boarder foil printing and Dualcaster is just crap without Eternal potential. It's not that they picked Containment Priest or Councils Judgement which at least see some play if it's all about foil versions of Commander set cards.

I can't really say, I hate the wasteland art. I just don't get comfortable with the frame
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

I'm one of the new-boarder-only-for-conform-look freaks.
    Conformist!

Seriously, why should Damnation or Dualcaster Mage get a fucking Judge Promo? Damnation has a new-boarder foil printing and Dualcaster is just crap without Eternal potential.
    Damnation as a judge promo means it is unlikely to be printed in MM2 or an upcoming set. Casuals have been clamoring for a reprint for quite a while now. Damnation makes sense here (if there are no plans for a standard reprint). Dualcaster Mage puzzles me though... I'd think True-Name Nemesis is on more people's wishlist for commander-cards-with-no-foil-printing.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    Conformist!

Damnation as a judge promo means it is unlikely to be printed in MM2 or an upcoming set. Casuals have been clamoring for a reprint for quite a while now. Damnation makes sense here (if there are no plans for a standard reprint). Dualcaster Mage puzzles me though... I'd think True-Name Nemesis is on more people's wishlist for commander-cards-with-no-foil-printing.
    Damnation is a EDH card and the demand for it, even in foil, is marginal. I expect the card to end up like Minds Desire as a 10€ card. I agree that TNN would have made Legacy people happy, but alone the fact that Feldon and not Titania is the Legends pick makes it clear, that their focus for Judge Foils isn't Legacy/Vintage or even Modern anymore, but the EDH ... pardon ... Commander crowd.

Join us at Facebook!

I believe Imperial Seal, Grim Tutor and Mana Drain are in the works.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Damnation is a EDH card and the demand for it, even in foil, is marginal.
    Damnation is an EDH card, but the demand for it is not marginal. It is a $40 dollar card with foils around $90. EVERY EDH ... pardon ... Commander () deck that is in but not runs a copy or wants to but can't afford it.

I expect the card to end up like Minds Desire as a 10€ card.
    Ugh...
    Google, what is the euro symbol? Okay that matches...
    Google, how much is 10 of those? Huh... $11, go figure.

I suspect the card will settle $5-10 lower than it's current price, and the judge foil will be comparable or a few bucks higher. Pack foil price won't change much.

I agree that TNN would have made Legacy people happy, but alone the fact that Feldon and not Titania is the Legends pick makes it clear, that their focus for Judge Foils isn't Legacy/Vintage or even Modern anymore, but the EDH ... pardon ... Commander crowd.
    Keep in mind who these cards are for! *WARNING* I'm making up statistics because it is easier than conducting a formal study and these are guaranteed to support the point I am making. /*WARNING* Something like 100% of judges play EDH.

Ooh... Shiny!

Aug 2005
    Raincouver

Quote Originally Posted by death View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me.

Edit: Would be even funnier if they made a mock death notice for R&D getting hit by a bus on April 1st.

Grim Tutor
    I'm expecting this since Imperial Recruiter in every new commander/judge print...

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Drain is on the Reserved list, but since they started to include a Portal 3 Kindoms card in every of the last few Judge Promo announcements, speculating on Imperial Seal is valid.

@Damnation
    The price has no legitimation as so many EDH cards have since the format became an official format called Commander and the prices quadrupled. Dack Fayden is 300$ in FOIL and even cards considered completely unplayable in other formats now cost serious money. Have you looked up Karmic Guides in FOIL? Jesus Christ! The whole Commander format is a single artificial pricebubble without related demand.

Join us at Facebook!

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

The whole Commander format is a single artificial pricebubble without related demand.
    I'm going to assume your area isn't big into casual. In which case you have no way of knowing you are wrong... but EDH's popularity will outlive Legacy's. I'm not saying that due to liking one over the other. EDH is playable among the masses regardless of the Reserved List (can't get a copy of Damnation, sucks for you buddy. You have to use Mutilate instead). The Reserved List is a realistic threat to Legacy's long term viability. EDH is also a cash cow for WotC now (Commander... ugh). Again, I am not saying EDH>Legacy, just that EDH will be around longer as a viable format. And I am again basing that on statistics I made up, but are also correct.

Edit: INB4 but Damnation isn't on the Reserve List!
    Substitute Underground Sea and Watery Grave for Damnation and Mutilate if you have a problem with me using the phrase "reserve list" in a sentence without referencing cards that are actually on it... my point is the same.

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

@Damnation
    The price has no legitimation as so many EDH cards have since the format became an official format called Commander and the prices quadrupled. Dack Fayden is 300$ in FOIL and even cards considered completely unplayable in other formats now cost serious money. Have you looked up Karmic Guides in FOIL? Jesus Christ! The whole Commander format is a single artificial pricebubble without related demand.
    Wasn't foil Karmic Guide a fad before sanctioned EDH? And isn't Dack's price more related to Vintage and being a special set?

p.s. I'm not being snide. I'm honestly wondering.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2013

Drain is on the Reserved list
    Nope

Oct 2005
    Toronto Canada

Drain is on the Reserved list
    Just like Karakas and a bunch of other uncommons :eyeroll:

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

[random comment about a random card appearing on reserve list although the card is not on the list]

That Wasteland art is weak.
    Also, I'd love to see some real numbers on EDH community, but even without them I'm pretty sure that most of what Ace wrote is right.

Psycho Crusher
    Jan 2010
    The 'Jing

Dude, Feldon of the Third Path is busted in half...AND he's a Tiny Leader

/sarcasm

I only wish they would update Karakas with art that doesn't suck. I am forced to rock the original Karakas because foil printing is THAT bad.

Also a shame they won't do literary quotations anymore, case in point: Wasteland
    A book about the dark side of Legacy: "Magic: The Addiction" // Conversations with Magic players: "Humans of Magic"

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Quote Originally Posted by iamajellydonut View Post
    Wasn't foil Karmic Guide a fad before sanctioned EDH? And isn't Dack's price more related to Vintage and being a special set?

p.s. I'm not being snide. I'm honestly wondering.
    yes and yes
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Thread Information