Page 238 of 343 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248288338 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,760 of 6857

Thread: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    I guess fetches are gonna tank a bit, then go back up as people will start playing with these in modern.
    There's a difference between a fetch and pithing needle or Call of the herd. They are actually played in Legacy and will be played in modern, so the price will never go that down (except if they are reprinted in another set).
    Yes.
    While Needle is versatile answer, it was reprinted many many times. Call of the Herd makes a vanilla 3/3 for three, something that was pretty uninteresting even before the most played elf shut off Call's thrashback.
    I think that the fetches will do exactly what you wrote, they'll go a bit down, then they'll rise up to the zen levels.

Fetchlands are some of the most ubiquitous cards in eternal formats, there really isn't any precedent to their reprinting in terms of price fluctuations.

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Especially considering they're being introduced to a new format.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

They're going to be reprinted into the ground. Expect prices similar to the shocklands during their second heyday.

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    They're going to be reprinted into the ground. Expect prices similar to the shocklands during their second heyday.
    Lets see, painlands were not exactly used in non-Modern Eternal. We may still be surprised...

I didn't think they would go very low. Now, SCG has them on pre-order for $25 (blue) and $20 (non-blue). With these prices, I would not be surprised to see them at $15 by Christmas.

If I see anyone doing pre-orders for < $20 (on Strands), I am snap-ordering them just to get it out of the way and be ready when they are modern legal. I may do the same with Heaths as I would need them for Pod.

Thing is, the fetchlands are played in more formats than the shocklands, and are also played more in those formats than the shocklands. Fetchlands see more play in Modern than the shocklands do, and this is also adding them to Modern, whereas the shockland reprint was just reprinting cards already legal.

They're definitely going to be more than the shocklands were. The real question is by how much more they'll be worth.

I think the better question is how low will the Onslaught ones dip before they start to rise in price again. I'm seeing deltas between 40-50 right now on ebay. If I can grab them for <35 I'll be super happy. As much as I love the fact that there are reprints now the artwork is just so ugly on them I'd still rather pay the premium for the old cards.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    They're definitely going to be more than the shocklands were. The real question is by how much more they'll be worth.
    I don't think it's unrealistic to assume that Khans is going to be the next "Best-selling Set of All Time".

If shit like Theros can sell like that simply due to being a fall set, guess what happens with fetchlands and if the set isn't complete ass.

Maybe I'm just spoiled with the MODO prices where they will hit 5-10 tix range, but higher prices also make people draft more. We'll also have to see how the change in the Draft structure is going to affect packs opened once you have to draft second and third set together.

ONS fetches are definitely going to rise again since they look much better. M15 frame and ugly art make them a budget option, but certainly something you want to play if given options.

I don't think it's unrealistic to assume that Khans is going to be the next "Best-selling Set of All Time".

If shit like Theros can sell like that simply due to being a fall set, guess what happens with fetchlands and if the set isn't complete ass.

Maybe I'm just spoiled with the MODO prices where they will hit 5-10 tix range, but higher prices also make people draft more. We'll also have to see how the change in the Draft structure is going to affect packs opened once you have to draft second and third set together.

ONS fetches are definitely going to rise again since they look much better. M15 frame and ugly art make them a budget option, but certainly something you want to play if given options.
    Khans likely will be the next best-selling set of all time. However, we need to remember that, like Return to Ravnica, a big part of that is the game is growing in popularity, not just the set itself. So while more boxes will be opened, there will be more players, so it all balances itself out.

Mar 2007
    RI

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    Khans likely will be the next best-selling set of all time. However, we need to remember that, like Return to Ravnica, a big part of that is the game is growing in popularity, not just the set itself. So while more boxes will be opened, there will be more players, so it all balances itself out.
    I don't doubt that a big part of their design/release structure has this "best selling set of all time" idea in mind. IE every few sets they want to be releasing something that holds that title so that players feel like the game is increasing in popularity. If/When it were to become that the best selling set was 2-3 years ago the recently grown player base might consider MTG to be a "dying" game.

Wizards seems to have this totally under control with releasing hype cards in Fall/base sets and continuing to have 80%+ Rare/Mythic cards appeal to the casual/EDH playerbase.
    TPDMC

Dec 2011
    Calgary, Alberta

Check out SCG's price increases on Power 9. Buy price on NM UNL Lotus is 5k....

Say no to creatures.

May 2013

I was hoping that no one would bring this up as it seemed to have escaped notice. I fear this is going to put enormous stress on P9 prices which have already inflated a great deal since last year, and make it essentially impossible to break into the format from this point on.
    Legacy: Rituals
    Vintage: Drains

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Firstest of First World Problems here:

The cost to buy my last two pieces of Alpha Power 9 just went up by about 70%.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

I just started getting into Power. I have got a Jet now and nothing else. Looks like I made money on the Jet because there is no way I can buy the rest and originally I thought I would own them all this time next year.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    Firstest of First World Problems here:

The cost to buy my last two pieces of Alpha Power 9 just went up by about 70%.
    Indeed.

The good news: I bought my power in 2010.

The bad news: it was not Alpha or Beta.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

I think the increase might not be related to Power so much as Near Mint Power. A lot of players are used to always buy Near Mint cards but you can't really do that with the older cards because there's only a small of fraction of cards that are Near Mint and you need to compete against collectors to get them.

Excellent. My dream of Vintage being like F1 racing is coming true. Soon we'll be hosting EW at the Venetian and wearing jackets.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Varal View Post
    I think the increase might not be related to Power so much as Near Mint Power. A lot of players are used to always buy Near Mint cards but you can't really do that with the older cards because there's only a small of fraction of cards that are Near Mint and you need to compete against collectors to get them.
    Nah, it's all Power regardless of condition or ABU. I started buying into Vintage a year ago and the prices for a P9, regardless of printing, were nothing compared to what they are today. These price increases were enough to convince me to get my last piece today, but I wish I had months ago.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Excellent. My dream of Vintage being like F1 racing is coming true. Soon we'll be hosting EW at the Venetian and wearing jackets.
    Sign me up.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Thread Information