Page 250 of 343 FirstFirst ... 150200240246247248249250251252253254260300 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 5,000 of 6857

Thread: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

To those that say goyf is going down because it isn't the premier creature in legacy anymore... You know modern exists right? Goyf is played in every fucking deck in that format. Splinter Twin combo plays it. Affinity plays it. BGx plays it. Hell, I'm just waiting for Infect to start boarding it at this point. Sometimes your opponent plays a melira and you slap them in the dick with a goof.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Thanks for your input.

But I find things like the price of Power doubling up a bit more concerning than goyf's +/- 10-25 dollar change.

In other news, euro has fallen. America wants their Power back.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    I hope you can relate the Goyfs price to economic reasons (sell higher than you bought) and speculation rather than the, in fact decreased, demand. Goyfs price spiral is a hilarious self-fulfilling promise
    "Sell higher than you bought" doesn't really matter in magic, when the supply is so large. That can be said about power, fbb duals and other high-end, non-reprintable cards, not a fucking rare from future sight/mythic rare from modern masters.

Goyf is still the best vanilla creature there is, and the demand is what's driving the price up. Not some fictional "I want to have a net-gain on my cards". If that's your approach to magic, you are seriously in the wrong game...

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Tarmogoyfs price keeps declining...Goyfs price spiral is a hilarious self-fulfilling promise
    So you're saying that the price of Goyf is declining and rising?

Apr 2007
    Leicester, UK

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Affinity plays it. BGx plays it. Hell, I'm just waiting for Infect to start boarding it at this point. Sometimes your opponent plays a melira and you slap them in the dick with a goof.
    I recall reading one of the pro-tour teams had Goyf Sideboard in Infect...
    http://www.channelfireball.com/artic...ct-and-amulet/
    My Legacy Decks of choice: Pox, Miracles, D&T or Lands.
    Online Trading Reference Checker

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by lyracian View Post
    I recall reading one of the pro-tour teams had Goyf Sideboard in Infect...
    http://www.channelfireball.com/artic...ct-and-amulet/
    Huh. Hadn't seen that but I'm not really surprised
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Tarmogoyf 1

Reserved list 0
    Last edited by death; 04-10-2015 at 09:39 PM.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Since we're either getting 4-color decks or two-colored Commander deck combinations this year, I begin to wonder:

Why can't they print duals that reference Commanders in some way, thus making them functionally different from normal duals (due to RL shenanigans) while making ZERO difference in the normal game? (also not Modern-legal).

Something like this:

Commander Underground Sea
    Land - Island Swamp
    (Tap: Add or to your mana pool.)
    When something something Commander, small advantage like lifegain or scry 1.
    Slap each one in a two-colored Commander deck, put the other chase rares into the decks with shitty low value duals to make the sales of blue dual decks less loop-sided, sell them for 39.99$ each, and Wizards would earn a gorillion dollars.

Not that it's likely because Wizards hates money and we never get nice things, but that would be a way to both support Legacy while also getting cash from Legacy players.

That would be great but it's still just the same old snow dual idea that's been around for years.

They've had a lot of time to do this exact thing (and a lot of people asking them to) so I think at this point it's not as much about the reserve list shackling them as it is about not drawing attention to a format that they don't really benefit from in any meaningful way. Getting a bunch of people excited about legacy instead of another format that they actively push on the players doesn't really make sense from a business perspective. They know it would be a high demand, low effort, thing to do so their reasoning has to be deeper then just selling more of a supplemental product.

I hope I'm wrong though.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by supremePINEAPPLE View Post
    That would be great but it's still just the same old snow dual idea that's been around for years.
    Supertypes don't work, subtypes would.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Supertypes don't work, subtypes would.
    My post wasn't about the minutiae of how they'd be circumventing that clause in the reserved list but why wotc would even want to print them in the first place. That's the thing people ignore entirely when thinking about this because they want cheap duals so badly.

Ooh... Shiny!

Aug 2005
    Raincouver

Quote Originally Posted by supremePINEAPPLE View Post
    My post wasn't about the minutiae of how they'd be circumventing that clause in the reserved list but why wotc would even want to print them in the first place. That's the thing people ignore entirely when thinking about this because they want cheap duals so badly.
    If people want cheap duals so bad for Commander, just print some nice proxies with the MTGO cube art.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    So you're saying that the price of Goyf is declining and rising?
    Goyf's price got a hit twice in recent years because it got outclassed by several printings and dropped by 23€ in two months as a result of the announcement of MM2 after jumping in July '13 (~+30$) and March '14 (~+60$) according to MTG Stocks (I wonder what happened at these points).

so yeah, it's declining at the moment, but was rising long term as a speculative object as the maket development indicates and it's a bad idea to sell Goyfs with MM2 announced and falling anyways while buyers know this
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Should I be selling the original versions of cards that are getting reprinted in modern masters 2?

did the first modern masters tank any card values or did they remain constant?

The cards I'm considering selling are staples like noble hierarchs and mox opals.

after reviewing prices it seems like the cards that were mediocre and only saw fringe play tanked when they saw a reprint (see tooth and nail, kira great glass spinner). However, the cards that were in high demand like vendilion clique and dark confidant and tarmogoyf all remained stable.

Is that an accurate assessment?
    Is that what I should expect for Modern masters 2?
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Dec 2011
    Calgary, Alberta

The time to sell was 6 months ago. Don't bother trying to move those cards now because everyone who waited is trying to sell and no one is buying. You have to wait to resell in a couple of years unless you are comfortable losing tons of value.

Mini hit the nail on the head; you've already missed the window to sell. Better off holding onto them.

I sold off my Hierarchs and many other Modern cards in the "reprint window" months ago. Things like Splinter Twin, Fulminator Mage, etc.

Ehh, I feel like if you can get the money and you want to sell, why not? If there is going to be any tanking, it won't really happen until the new cards are actually in circulation.

I sold my fulminator mages, hierarchs, threads of disloyalties just a couple days ago. I was actually surprised that there was demand. The thought that the only cards that didn't have price drops were the mythics (as you mentioned), and this year with some of them being reprinted as mythic again, with a higher msrp I think the same thing will happen.

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Completely unrelated off-topic, but I want to share my wish that there'd be a Path to Exile reprint in MM2 with the amazing Guay's artwork so that I may purchase a non-foil version of the card for my EDH.
    If they'd print this gem, I may even consider playing some GW(r) with eight to twelve one-mana removal aka ScrewYouDeathriteShaman.dec just for the lolz&trollz.

The art, in case you missed that...

Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    Completely unrelated off-topic, but I want to share my wish that there'd be a Path to Exile reprint in MM2 with the amazing Guay's artwork so that I may purchase a non-foil version of the card for my EDH.
    If they'd print this gem, I may even consider playing some GW(r) with eight to twelve one-mana removal aka ScrewYouDeathriteShaman.dec just for the lolz&trollz.

The art, in case you missed that...
    I'll second this. That would make my day.

Thread Information