Page 258 of 343 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262268308 ... LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,160 of 6857

Thread: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

Jul 2008
    Seattle, WA

Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

Wow, at this point I could pretty much trade my shops for unl moxen straight up.
    I'd rather have mox at this point I think

Wonder if anyone will try to pre-spike

Earthcraft
    Goblin Recruiter
    Mind Twist
    Survival

Earthcraft and Survival are in the least supply ... there are a billion vises ...

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Noctalor View Post
    Im pretty sure no one will even think to start on vintage if a dog eaten P9 is 12k
    During the days we had Vintage tournaments with 50+ players, before the Vintage Armageddon killed it near completely. Even Vintage Masters and online availability of power did nothing for the popularity of the format years later, so linking the issues solely to the cost isn't the main factor, but the fact that the format is fucked up in its core
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    During the days we had Vintage tournaments with 50+ players, before the Vintage Armageddon killed it near completely. Even Vintage Masters and online availability of power did nothing for the popularity of the format years later, so linking the issues solely to the cost isn't the main factor, but the fact that the format is fucked up in its core
    Vintage for a long time was way better than legacy imo, but people never gave it a shot thinking all you face in the format is a turn1 kill or a turn 1 lock.

I always played budget because i love it (i mean, even being able to play with an alpha/beta P9 i still go for budget usually) and i have a lot of fun every time i play vintage.
    And, despite playing budget, i usually do well in tournament, people should really try to go budget and play a good format (i mean, at least a way better than modern BS one)
    Last edited by Noctalor; 07-12-2015 at 06:16 PM.
    "You either die a Onesto-Player, or live long enough to see yourself become a Dredger"

fetches confirmed to not be in BFZ, full art lands ARE confirmed

Zen fetch buyout happening within a few hours, as of right now there are (2) non foil tarns on tcgplayer, one at $86 and one at $142, and one no fool verdant at $60 (damaged) and another at $67.50. Misty is in the middle of getting bought out as well. Good luck folks, looks like modern is going to match legacy in prices sooner than later.
    Using Tapatalk

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Allcoin View Post
    fetches confirmed to not be in BFZ, full art lands ARE confirmed

Zen fetch buyout happening within a few hours, as of right now there are (2) non foil tarns on tcgplayer, one at $86 and one at $142, and one no fool verdant at $60 (damaged) and another at $67.50. Misty is in the middle of getting bought out as well. Good luck folks, looks like modern is going to match legacy in prices sooner than later.
    Most of us already have what we need, why should we care.

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

Modern existed for a long time without all 10 fetches. You don't lose that much by playing off-color fetches unless you're playing very specific decks.

Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Most of us already have what we need, why should we care.
    "Bitching about prices and reprints thread"

I'm pretty sure that's the point of this thread, it's more a matter of the fact that MaRo can make a 3 sentence statement on his blog and sway the market within a few hours. Especially when he's made broad statements like not printing partial cycles anymore and inserting only the allied fetches in Khans block, so who knows if this is even true.

Also it pisses me off because I just got rid of a few zen foil fetches I wasn't using in this last week, fucking karma I suppose.
    Using Tapatalk

Jul 2008
    Seattle, WA

This is just a temporary bubble due to speculation and buyouts.
    Just look at the disparity in price between Khans and Zendikar fetches. Zendikar fetches aren't cards you HAVE to have when you can play off-color fetches for a sliver of the price, which people will certainly do.
    If I had any balls I'd wait a week for the bubble to grow a bit more and sell all my Zen fetches.
    But alas, I have no balls...

Last time the prices spiked, the price of duals followed since no one in their right mind was going to let a blue dual go for two blue fetches or whatever other nonsense. If they do stick higher, I imagine we can expect the prices of other, harder to find staples to adjust accordingly.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Good luck folks, looks like modern is going to match legacy in prices sooner than later.
    http://modernnexus.com/checking-the-...odern-prices/#
    http://modernnexus.com/legacy-and-mo...e-comparison/#
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Especially when he's made broad statements like not printing partial cycles anymore and inserting only the allied fetches in Khans block, so who knows if this is even true.
    The broad statements were about giving equal color fixing. Having only the allied fetchlands in Khans block still works because the enemy painlands are also in Standard.

Apr 2014
    phillipines

modern is the new legacy..
    Live and Let Live

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

Quote Originally Posted by big_ticket View Post
    modern is the new legacy..
    Never. Modern is a stale, largely uninteractive format where if you're not playing some form of a combo that doesn't care about what your opponent is doing and can win on the spot, you won't win.

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Never. Modern is a stale, largely uninteractive format where if you're not playing some form of a combo that doesn't care about what your opponent is doing and can win on the spot, you won't win.
    I think he's talking about pricing...
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

Yes this is a totally reasonable thing to say about a format with Jund as one of its cornerstones.

So Polluted Deltas and Flooded Strands from Khans block have no way to go but UP and UP, right? I mean, we're talking guaranteed $30+ cards after a few months, probably, right?

It just seems like a such a no-brainer to pick up Khans fetchlands at under $20 as often as possible. They were only $15-$18 a few months ago (the blue ones).

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    So Polluted Deltas and Flooded Strands from Khans block have no way to go but UP and UP, right? I mean, we're talking guaranteed $30+ cards after a few months, probably, right?

It just seems like a such a no-brainer to pick up Khans fetchlands at under $20 as often as possible. They were only $15-$18 a few months ago (the blue ones).
    SCG already lists both of them at $29.99 already; it's only a matter of time the rest of the world follows suit considering a reprint isn't going to happen again soon. These are easily going to steadily increase in price over the next year or two and you can still pick them up for like ~$15 or so on Ebay and TCGPlayer and such.

It makes absolute sense to pick up a full set of Khans fetchlands now (and probably get more) considering their value is still relatively low and they will only go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Di View Post
    SCG already lists both of them at $29.99 already; it's only a matter of time the rest of the world follows suit considering a reprint isn't going to happen again soon. These are easily going to steadily increase in price over the next year or two and you can still pick them up for like ~$15 or so on Ebay and TCGPlayer and such.

It makes absolute sense to pick up a full set of Khans fetchlands now (and probably get more) considering their value is still relatively low and they will only go up.
    You don't think that post-rotation the prices will dip a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by Nynten View Post
    You don't think that post-rotation the prices will dip a bit?
    No because they're used in practically every deck in Modern...

Thread Information